Morton's The Steakhouse Employee Reviews

A Dying Brand
Server (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
Advancement in this company is a long and slow process and the hours are miserable. As a FOH manager you will need to work 12 hour days on average and that's just not ok for the salary they pay you. Also consider that the health insurance offered is very expensive and the company doesn't help you pay it...I give it a fail! You'd think that with all those hours and the fact that you don't get company sponsored benefits that you could eat a steak every once in a while as manager....nope! Don't even think about it! No manager meal.

As an added bonus, they're open every day of the year....that's right, they never close! Makes for a real happy spouse. So if you want to sell your soul and enable the hatred of your spouse and children, by all means, work for Morton's The Steakhouse! Just don't say you weren't warned.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Hours, Benefits, Meals, Nasty Guests
Labor high you lose hours
Line cook/supervisor (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 12, 2017
Nice place to work but if labor high you get cut quick. Also some managers need to relax where I was if I made a minor mistake either I for wrote up or sent home instead of sitting down and explaining or even pointing out and training proper way. You have to be a robot. If you put mushrooms on the burger but it suppose to go on the side and you didn't read it right you get written up.
Pros
Discounts, awards
Cons
Short breaks, health plan to much
very productive
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 25, 2017
it is a very professional work environment. Morton's is like my food and beverage university. This is a perfect place if you want to be a professional in this industry
Fast paced and professional
Hostess, Server Assistant, , Phone Operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2017
The pay for any position at Morton's is on average more than any other restaurant. It is fast paced, professional, with a diverse staff. The managers are great and they work well with your schedule, especially as a student.
Busy , fun ,
Server & bartender of all high end clients (Current Employee) –  Great Neck, NYAugust 25, 2017
I have been with Morton's the Steakhouse for 10 years . The work environment is fast paced and always meeting new people. The restaurant is always changing staff . Your can work with really good people .
Pros
good money
Cons
working holidays, long hours, unpredictable schedule
Easygoing Professional Atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYAugust 20, 2017
My experience at Morton's was easily the best I've had thus far. This company withholds excellent management, as they strive to better their employees for the sake of the employee and the customers. I have grown immensely in my time working here.
Morton's is the name
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2017
Our guests make the daily experience a pleasure. A strong emphasis on customer service, continues to keep our standards and guest experiences one that is highly regarded as among the best. A good place to refine your fine dining service skills. But without benefits it makes it a challenging place to have a career.
Pros
Coworkers and guests. Safe work environment. Modern equipment. Flexible hours.
Cons
No benefits: i.e., health insurance, dental, paid holidays, vacations. No raises.
Good place to make $$
Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2017
In order to succeed at this restaurant you have to work hard and think on your feet. Guest satisfaction is the company's number one concern. If you are punctual, hard working, and have the ability to sell you'll be fine. Management could be more organized. If you want a restaurant to succeed then strong leadership is needed. Similar to other service jobs there is very little job security. They do not value their employees at all. You will be required to work every holiday, Christmas included.
Pros
High check averages, great tips, high quality food
Cons
very little work life balance, demanding during holidays, not much respect for employees
Fun and friendly environment
Host (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJuly 28, 2017
At Mortons the steakhouse I learned so much. My coworkers were amazing so helpful and attentive with all of our guest. Our management is respectful attentive.
Pros
Great benefits discounts in restaurants and hotels in vegas
Cons
No break no free meals
Good vibes
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 10, 2017
Everyone at work is friendly and accepting. I feel comfortable doing my job there. I make picture frames, special occasion menus, greet guest, and seat.

Want to know more about Morton's The Steakhouse?

Ask a question
Awful company
House staff (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2017
Not a place you want to work. Corporate does not care about the employee. Often dines in without tipping waiters. Also notified staff of their requirement to work on christmas day two weeks beforehand!
Overrall great
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 31, 2017
Mortons is a wonderful establishment. We have great staff great guests great food great management!
I received great training there and it has been a pleasure for 4 years!!!!!!!
Pros
Familt meal
Cons
Fews shifts
The staff is amazing. The General Manager is a lead by fear type of manager
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2017
My only issue is the General manager of my location is very much a lead by fear type of manager. Most have issues with that. I really enjoyed my time with the staff.
fast paced environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 4, 2017
Being a hostess at Morton's was a fun rewarding job. Very busy with many responsibilities. Have to be aware of your environment and self teach on many occasions.
part time job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 2, 2017
part time job entry level restaurant job. The restaurant is located in Palm Beach and clientele consists of upscale Palm Beacher's and tourists. I enjoyed my time working here.
High standards/Professional work environment.
Server, Busser, Food runner (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 12, 2017
Engage all guest in the dinning room as they are all our guests. Assure that food description, suggestions are well explained and understood. Pair main dish with sides & wine accordingly. Tend to guests needs from the moment they enter to the moment they leave with exceptional attention to detail in the most courteous and professional manner.
Serve dinner in well timed stages and quick removal of all soiled plates, napkins etc. from the table.
Pros
Short work hours to income ratio.
Cons
The obligation to work on holidays that kept me from my family for many years.
Well respected Steakhouse
Server (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 24, 2017
When a guest wants a quality dinning experience, Morton's is a name that immediately comes to mind. With locations all over the country, Morton's is able to offer top quality food and service whenever a guest desires. The decor, wine selection, menu diversity, and attention to hospitality are all top notch, and to be a part of such a well respected establishment is huge accomplishment.

With that said, working under the General manager at my location was incredibly stressful. Restaurants need to be flexible in their operations in order to accommodate all guests needs, but the GM I worked under was unforgiving to any decision that deviated from company policy.
Pros
high check average, greats tips.
Cons
Stressful work environment, no discounts for employees dining on their own.
fast pace with a lot of multi tasking
Bartender / Server (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 27, 2016
enjoyed working there I was treated well by management and employees. had to maintain the highest professional standards and core values. The hardest and most enjoyable part of my job was the guest
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
conflicts between employees
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 3, 2016
Co-workers were pretty awesome.The night scene was an interesting scene to be working in. You meet a lot of different guests and witness some good times.
classy, upscale fun restaurant
Server (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 5, 2016
This Company is absolutely wonderful to work for, they work with every situation that may occur, they are great with scheduling and and working with school hours, they are great on upkeep with product info and the staff is amazing.
Pros
employee meals, hours
Cons
location (uptown), paying for parking daily

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morton's The Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2