Morton's The Steakhouse

Morton's The Steakhouse United States Employee Reviews

Fun work place with with new people from around the world everyday
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: New people from around the world, different everyday, working in down town Manhattan
Cons: made you work through your breaks, cut the employee discount in half, make you pay the credit card differential, raised the hour total to qualify for full time
A typical day at work consisted of getting in at 5:15 pm, and having family meal. Then be on the floor at 5:30 pm take care of guests through happy hour and then through the rest of the shift. I leaned that you can almost always find something you have in common with your guests no matter where they are from around the globe. The co-workers that I had were amazing, but the managers were all about the bottom dollar/labor/comps/cost and it made it very difficult to build up a regular cliental, which I was able to do anyway because of the signature drinks I had created. The most enjoyable part of the whole experience was brightening peoples day during happy hour and beyond, making them feel a little better about their place in this world. The hardest part of the job was selling frequent dining club cards that we were supposed to push on the guests at the end of their meal.
Great Place to Work
Server (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Exvcellent Culture/Great hours/Great Money
Cons: A little sexist
It was a great place to work, Great quality product. The culture of the restaurant was excellent. Did not work harder but smarter.
great
bartender (Former Employee), northbrook, ilFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: staff
working at mortons was a great experience working with great people and selling a great product. worked hard, met great people.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago ILNovember 3, 2014
Very nice company to work for wish they didn't relocate
Learned a lot of good methods to match the guest vibes
A great Job
Server (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 14, 2014
It is just a slow restaurant. But there is a great team and good management.
Sophisticated fine dining and hospitality exceeding guests expectations
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: gaining knowledge of operations, building relationships, salary
My areas of responsibilities include but not limited to:
Safe counts, restaurant walk through to ensure sanitation as well as aesthetics,ensuring proper staffing levels to provide excellent service while still controlling labor hours, engaging staff pre-shift, running an effective high volume lunch of sales upward of $4,5000 +

Upper management is passionate, dedicated team upholding company initiatives.

My management team consisted of excellent communicators with a common goal of driving sales, managing P&L and service standards in a fun, team environment .

The highlight of my time with Morton's was building relationships with our guests, exceeding guest expectations or guest recovery and building our profile and reputation in our community.
enjoy working with coworkers, good atmosphere
Waitstaff (Current Employee), Crystal City, VAJune 20, 2014
Pros: free dinner before each shift. pleasent atmosphere.
Cons: slow summers, nonconsistance
going into work after 4 pm, set up restaurant for business . meet and greet guest with service. close at 10 pm
excellent work place
Server assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: good enviroment work place and good salary
Cons: sometimes when was very bussy we needed more support
very bussy place, team work supervised for the managers,i learned a lot about the hospitality to our guesses and make them satisfied,i adapt quicly to the environment work and appreciate other workers styles
A great staff, environment, and expectations
Server (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAApril 18, 2014
It was a top steakhouse restaurant with a staff that treated you like family. The atmosphere demanded a high expectations of quality, and they were diligently met.
fun productive atmosphere
Dishwasher/Porter (Former Employee), White Plains, NYApril 2, 2014
great career advancement opportunity...........working with food
Fast paced work enviornment
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMarch 12, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: working holidays
On a typical day at Mortons I would recieve and place all food, beverage, and small goods orders. I entered all A/P and invoices for processing. I would make daily bank runs, and help with prep in the kitchen before dinner service.
Sales and Marketing
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Coral GablesJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great meeting space
Cons: gambling and smoke environment
Great location and exposure of Barnd.
Very easy to promote and showcase brand amongst community
Excelent work environment.
hard work, rewarding compensation, competitive work environment,
Server (Former Employee), Troy, MINovember 25, 2013
Pros: lucrative pay, flexible schedualing
Cons: work nights/all holidays, compition rather then teamwork, poor management
i love providing the best service and hospitality to all of my guests. meeting and creating relationships with the guests made the job enjoyable. the work culture is very competitive and harsh. Management focuses solely on mistakes and there is no reward for exceptional work.
Very high expectations
Hostess (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CASeptember 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches, nice co workers, and some managers
Cons: on call shifts, long holiday hours
I started on my 21st bday working 6 days a week training and got thrown into the fire! and once they hired a new employee they immediately took my hours away to train her! give me a couple days and on call shifts..knowing I had a morning job that ended at the same time they wanted me to be there they would still complaim about me being five minutes late although they said it was okay when I started. Honestly I got tired of the uptight annoying snobby guests and being called out for being five minutes late when I would speed from my morning job to get their on time..so I quit. I much rather avoid the speeding tickets, afterall they didn't pay me enough to pay for speeding tickets!
A challenging and competitive company with a great culture
Lead Server / New Store Trainer (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 30, 2013
Pros: family oriented staff, team work
Cons: expensive health care, long hours on your feet.
Morton's has a fantastic culture and core values that are applied in your daily activities. Some of which include valuing each other, expecting to be profiitable and exceeding the expectations of our patrons. Hard work and dedication pays off with this company. The hardest part of the job is of course the people and ironically, so is the best part, as any customer service position.
Morton's is a great place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 21, 2013
Pros: fun and exciting
Cons: the guests are a little tough
Morton's is a great place to work! The people that work there are Great and the quality of the food is fantastic.
Family feel at a corporate restaurant
Sales Manager Secretary / Host (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2013
Pros: free dinner
Cons: low compensation, few hours
-A typical day includes some office work, a 'family style' dinner with my co-workers, and several hours at the host stand
-My co-workers all feel like a big family, which I love
-The hardest part about my job is standing at the host stand with nothing to do; I dislike being idle
-The most enjoyable part of my job is organizing files on the computer
Professional restaurant experience
Restaurant Server (Part-time) (Current Employee), Stamford, CTApril 3, 2013
Pros: good manager, high income potential
Cons: can be a bit stuffy, have to deal with some arrogant clientele
Morton's is a high-end chain and you are expected to work on that level. There are high-standards for customer service however, you are more than justly compensated by the very high check averages. In the end I work less hard than I did in previous restaurants for more money. In Stamford, the GM happens to be a really nice guy too which makes the environment way more bearable.
High School Graduate
Sales Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2013
I was able to give back by working in the district that I graduated from. This was a great foundation for me to start my career.
great place to dine
Restaurant Host (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 10, 2012
Provided outstanding service that ranged from making reservations to greeting guests to ensure a unique and successful dining experience. Possess in-depth knowledge of restaurant operations.