Morton's The Steakhouse Employee Reviews

fast pace with a lot of multi tasking
Bartender / Server (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 27, 2016
enjoyed working there I was treated well by management and employees. had to maintain the highest professional standards and core values. The hardest and most enjoyable part of my job was the guest
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
conflicts between employees
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 3, 2016
Co-workers were pretty awesome.The night scene was an interesting scene to be working in. You meet a lot of different guests and witness some good times.
classy, upscale fun restaurant
Server (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 5, 2016
This Company is absolutely wonderful to work for, they work with every situation that may occur, they are great with scheduling and and working with school hours, they are great on upkeep with product info and the staff is amazing.
Pros
employee meals, hours
Cons
location (uptown), paying for parking daily
Personable and memorable dining experiences with great service and genuine hospitality
Lead Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 13, 2016
I started off as a hostess and quickly evolved to the lead hostess. I am currently a hostess trainer and I am in training to become a server. By expressing great service and hospitality, I was able to help boost the customer service ratings for our restaurant to the top few in the area. I enjoy helping people, I love meeting tourists and making their visits memorable. The hardest part of my job would probably be establishing more innovative ways to be customer friendly. What I enjoy most is making sure guests are welcomed properly and left with a great experience of great service from our restaurant.
Pros
Landry Restaurants and Select Cards
Best palce to work if you have family.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2016
Steady job 5 days a week 10 hours a day no drama no issues just one of those restaurant jobs that you really would like to have.
Restaurants
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2016
Typical day would be switching out lunch and dinner menus.
most enjoyable part of job is that it is easy and it goes fast.
Not a career i would rely on.In restaurants as a hostess it is always a part time position. Many turn overs, and concerns of decreased hours.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no stability of hours
great place
Host/Coat Check (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2016
I have been with the company for 4 years and we all work hard to make it a wonderful place to work. We are family, a team, and know that were only as strong as our weakest employee.
great learning experience
Morton's steak house - Assistant pastry chef (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYDecember 28, 2015
a very fun learning experience with a great work staff that's more like family if anything with a rang of great food to chose from in a relaxing dinning area
Excellent
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 3, 2015
Excellent opportunity to grow and expand your career in a professional environment. Senior leadership is outstanding
Pros
compensation
Cons
location
great work environment
Bartender/Regional Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2015
Fun and inviting workplace with a fast pace style of business. Creating a guest experience was my drive for this business but the night hours just weren't desirable anymore.

Want to know more about Morton's The Steakhouse?

Ask a question
Excellent food, great tips, little job security, a lot expected from servers!
Server (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 23, 2015
Morton's is a great place to work. I have been for the company for years. Since Landry's bought the Morton's concept, everything has gone down-hill. Food, employee benefits, company image, etc. Still hands down the best steakhouse in Sacramento though. Servers are held to a very high standard! Not your average serving position. Great job if you can handle the stress, pressure, and management expectations.
Pros
Great food, high price per person average, amazing tips.
Cons
Stressful working conditions.
Great restaurant with great food.
Beverage Controller (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 20, 2015
Great place to work. The management and other staff made the work day fun and the time go by. Learned a lot from our home office and other managers.
Pros
Great location
Cons
open holidays
Fun work place with with new people from around the world everyday
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of getting in at 5:15 pm, and having family meal. Then be on the floor at 5:30 pm take care of guests through happy hour and then through the rest of the shift. I leaned that you can almost always find something you have in common with your guests no matter where they are from around the globe. The co-workers that I had were amazing, but the managers were all about the bottom dollar/labor/comps/cost and it made it very difficult to build up a regular cliental, which I was able to do anyway because of the signature drinks I had created. The most enjoyable part of the whole experience was brightening peoples day during happy hour and beyond, making them feel a little better about their place in this world. The hardest part of the job was selling frequent dining club cards that we were supposed to push on the guests at the end of their meal.
Pros
New people from around the world, different everyday, working in down town Manhattan
Cons
made you work through your breaks, cut the employee discount in half, make you pay the credit card differential, raised the hour total to qualify for full time
Great Place to Work
Server (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 17, 2015
It was a great place to work, Great quality product. The culture of the restaurant was excellent. Did not work harder but smarter.
Pros
Exvcellent Culture/Great hours/Great Money
Cons
A little sexist
great
bartender (Former Employee) –  northbrook, ilFebruary 26, 2015
working at mortons was a great experience working with great people and selling a great product. worked hard, met great people.
Pros
money
Cons
staff
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILNovember 3, 2014
Very nice company to work for wish they didn't relocate
Learned a lot of good methods to match the guest vibes
A great Job
Server (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 14, 2014
It is just a slow restaurant. But there is a great team and good management.
Sophisticated fine dining and hospitality exceeding guests expectations
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
My areas of responsibilities include but not limited to:
Safe counts, restaurant walk through to ensure sanitation as well as aesthetics,ensuring proper staffing levels to provide excellent service while still controlling labor hours, engaging staff pre-shift, running an effective high volume lunch of sales upward of $4,5000 +

Upper management is passionate, dedicated team upholding company initiatives.

My management team consisted of excellent communicators with a common goal of driving sales, managing P&L and service standards in a fun, team environment .

The highlight of my time with Morton's was building relationships with our guests, exceeding guest expectations or guest recovery and building our profile and reputation in our community.
Pros
Gaining knowledge of operations, building relationships, salary
enjoy working with coworkers, good atmosphere
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VAJune 20, 2014
going into work after 4 pm, set up restaurant for business . meet and greet guest with service. close at 10 pm
Pros
free dinner before each shift. pleasent atmosphere.
Cons
slow summers, nonconsistance
excellent work place
Server assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 22, 2014
very bussy place, team work supervised for the managers,i learned a lot about the hospitality to our guesses and make them satisfied,i adapt quicly to the environment work and appreciate other workers styles
Pros
good enviroment work place and good salary
Cons
sometimes when was very bussy we needed more support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morton's The Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3