Morton Buildings, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place to work and retire from
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Spencer, IAFebruary 23, 2016
Been with Morton 9 years and love my job and what I do I have learned a lot on my own and am very thankful for the opportunity they have given me. If we weren't going to be moving to Mankato, MN area I would retire from Morton's overall a great company to work for. Fantastic benefits.
Great Product
Regional Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILSeptember 1, 2016
Morton Buildings has a product that sells itself due to it's reputation. A typical day included communicating with many different departments to ensure that our customer's buildings were manufactured, shipped, and built according to promises made based on daily analysis and communication of such information. Recent management changes have been critical for survival of the company and while I don't work there anymore, I am aware that the work environment is very positive. Morton has very very good employees that are great to work with. It's a great company.
Pros
Great product
Cons
ebbs and flows with economy
Carpenters need not apply!!!
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 27, 2016
The only thing good about this company is the benefits. There buildings are nothing more then a preassembled kit from your local Lowe's/Home depot but larger and way way over priced! They charge at least $50k for a 20x30 "shed" with steel on roof and outside. Don't get sucked into it by the great benefits unless you have no worries about your good carpentry reputation being tainted, or your just not a carpenter. My forman was previously a road crew guy before who had never touched a hammer before he got this job!
Benefits
Cons
Everything else!!!
morton buildings
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kenton, OHSeptember 19, 2016
Get to work at whenever we go told to then get off when we were done for the day. I learned a lot about building Morton buildings. Management was great. Co-workers were great with helping. Hardest part was trying to keep up.Most enjoyable was seeing all the different buildings.
Pros
work truck
Cons
not enough training
Was an enjoyable place to work
Senior Drafting Technician (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILAugust 25, 2016
I enjoyed working at Morton Buildings inc. after all I was there for almost a 28 total years. Yes there were times that I should have left; but things happening within my family made that move to hard to make.
Pros
Free coffee and hot chocolate as well as teas
Cons
Expected to be like a robot.
Awesome business to work for and very flexible with schedules.
Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHAugust 22, 2016
they are very good with training and would always make sure you understood everything before moving on. Very fun and respectable work environment with very fun people to work with that are very helpful and will always make sure they help when needed.
hard to get along with
Plant Manager/Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Spencer, IAAugust 23, 2016
truck drivers are not very bright and hard to get along with
plant workers have to be told over and over again how to do something
upper management very slow
Pros
get to leave whenever see fit only work every other friday
Cons
slow people
daily work challenges
Maintenance Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Spencer, IAJuly 30, 2016
good place to work not much room for advancement people hard to motivate over all good I was able to fulfill my contract a year ahead of time it was a contract temp job
Pros
people work with
Cons
hard to motivate
Productive Workplace
Production Manager/ Plant Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hanceville, ALSeptember 15, 2016
Good company, good retention rate, good pay scale and safe work environment. Not a long process to get on officially with them, training process fairly easy
Good job to have.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILJuly 28, 2016
I loved working at this place. The job had plenty of over time and weekends off. I only worked with two other co-workers and we all had are own work area.
Pros
overtime
Cons
temp-employment
Great product, questionable management
HR (Former Employee) –  ILAugust 10, 2016
The company was going through a change in management and they decided my position was no longer needed. Hardest day was when I was told I was no longer needed.
not bad
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILJuly 7, 2016
didnt work there too long i would show up and have all my work done with in an hour i was not sure if i was going to keep my job from day one im sure it is a lot better when it is busy it is a company the relies on cat
Changing Culture
Construction Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Garden City, KSJuly 10, 2016
Pay is constantly changing for sales/management. Not the company it used to be. Structural changes are beneficial to all other departments.
Hard work hot headed co worwerkers
Crew man (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INFebruary 25, 2016
If you don't have tough skin don't work here co workers are a holes.If you are there and get personal time don't use it unless you are there for 5 years will fier yiu for using you personal time payed good but just not worth it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
co worker friendly
Leadman (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 3, 2016
hardest part of job is being away from family
co workers friendly
10 hour work day
most enjoying part is seeing a finish building
Very boring work
Saw operator (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILJuly 13, 2015
I was in a position that was very boring and the compensation was not very good. Management was well respected and the benefit package was also very good.
Good Company/Loved most of the People
Recruiting Administrator/Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILDecember 16, 2015
Seemed like unless you were in the "in crowd" you were not going to get hired on full-time.
I came in as a temp employee. I feel as though I worked hard and was always willing to learn something new. I was eager to become a member of the MBI family.
After a year, that eagerness started to drop... just seemed like nothing I did was good enough.
Pros
Close family like atmosphere
Cons
Once a temp/always a temp
I learned so much in my 30 years of working there about lumber and how machines work and how all companies are NOT alike
Construction Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJune 3, 2015
First thing which was so important you entered the time for each crew member and myself, doing that between answering the phone, we had four lines and a fax line, helping the salesmen with their questions and going back in the warehouse to let a semi unload windows or diamond M doors or whatever he might have for us.
Then getting all the paperwork rounded up that the crew members had left you put where they needed to be. Setting up for calling BUD,
which for me was the hardest part because I was never at the jobsites and I could not answer all the questions that was needing
answers.
Pros
Having a 401K and it being matched!!!
Cons
too much responsibility on one person
very productive place
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILOctober 13, 2015
accounting is a plus meeting employees trips paid for to take your family. Good work environment. I did learn a lot about accounting with the position I was in.
Pros
trips that are paid for
Cons
short breaks but goos workplace
Poor company to work for!!
Engineering Associate (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILNovember 13, 2012
The company doesn't provide anything in terms of career advancement. The office culture for the coporate office is very negative. The outside offices and sales groups are not held accountable.

2.9