Morton Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

I love the people and respect I received at Morton.
LPN-Occasional Workforce, nurse floating (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MADecember 23, 2014
I have worked in this facility for eight years and loved my job. The people, level of practice, and overall culture are what I loved about it.
I actually used to constantly tell management how grateful I was to work here. Unfortunately the Steward group has decided to eliminate LPNs all together.
Pros
people, level of practice, pay
Cons
staffing, being laid off/elimination of lpns
A great place with great people
Phlebotomist Intern (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MADecember 22, 2014
I had the best work experience at Morton Hospital. I could not have asked for more friendly people to help me with my journey.
Pros
great people
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 14, 2014
This hospital is on the wave of advancement. They have a great work environment and strong team work skills which just makes life at work all that much better.
Externship
Medical Assistant/Externship (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJuly 8, 2014
Morton Hospital is an award winning hospital. I got the privilege to do my 180 hour of externship at Morton. The staff was willing to help me with anything that I needed. I learned a lot on a typical day you check vitals, help patients get changed into a Johnny. Help the Dr. with any procedures that needs to be preformed on the patients. I enjoyed working with all the patients and their families.
Pros
enjoyed meeting new patients eveyday. learning new things.
Cons
on your feet all day.
PACU full of kind hearted and fun experienced nurses
Nursing Precptorship (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAMay 28, 2014
I had the honor of being placed in the PACU at Morton Hospital for my Nursing Preceptorship my senior year at Curry College. I had an excellent preceptor who kept me engaged and excited every shift. I would take patients into the pre-op area and complete their paperwork and assessments before they were taken to the OR. I would also have shifts in the acute PACU with patients who have come out of long operation procedures like hip replacements and thorcaic surgeries. I would be in charge of completing their charts, administrating pain medications and communicating with the nursing team. We also had a progressive PACU which served for patients who had come in for endoscopy and colonoscopy procedures.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
slow weekends
up and down short staffed
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMay 26, 2014
clean clean clean.co workers are good people and hard working.
Pros
good boss
Cons
short staffed most days, pays not great at all for all the hustling around.
Productive and friendly invorment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAApril 24, 2014
Morning pick up are busy, Need to keep a fast pace. I learned from some of the best phlebotomists how to become as great as they are. Management has come along way. They are great to work for. My co-workers are fun and pleasant to work with. Hardest part of the job is hearing Dr. tell patients bad news. Most enjoyable part is laughing with my co-workers.
Cons
sometimes you are forced to work double shifts
The staff was very professinal and helpful, we worked as a team
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 30, 2014
I worked here for many years started as a rehab aide and working in this field taught me a lot on healthcare. I was exposed to many types of diagnosis and learned medical terminology and treat patients with all types of symptoms from general illnesses, strokes to orthopedic surgeries. This encouraged me to further my education in the health field and the exposure was an educational experience also. I had left this facility not because I didn't like it, I decided to work at other places just to further my career in this field.
Pros
constant educational information by having other disciplinarians teaching.
Positive learning environment
❸ Staff Nurse - Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAFebruary 2, 2014
Working on a face paced telemetry unit. Monitoring cardiac monitors throughout the shift. Working with a lot of positive nurses and great teachers. The hardest part of the job is the turnover rate on the floor, some days you can get 1-2 admissions and 1-2 discharges. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing patient's praise you and tell you how great of a nurse you are and watching people get better and get discharged from the hospital, that is the most rewarding.
Great Co-workers--management could use some improvement
Multimodality Technologist (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 11, 2013
Great co-workers--management could use some improvement.
good workplace
Food and Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLSeptember 24, 2013
good workplace and enjoying environment with a lot of opportunities.
Fast paced environment, with the overall feeling of accomplishment.
Credit and Collections (Former Employee) –  88 Washington Street Taunton, MA 02780August 30, 2013
Working for this company gave me tools i did not have when entering position. There were many free training opportunities that I took advantage of. I received valuable information and training to help me get a better job.
Pros
training, experiece working with billing.
Cons
benefits package
Productive place to work and fun with my night shift workers for we all work well together.
RN (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 20, 2013
A typical night at work includes, listening to report on our patients and then working in our assigned area of either L&D, postpartum or the nursery. Our night crew is the best out of all 3 shifts for we all work well together. There are not that many of us and we have all learned how to help each other out and work productively together.
The skills i have learned include being able to function in all 3 areas of the maternity unit. Ive learned how to circulate when doing c/sections, also i have become more comfortable in computerized order entry and like it very much. Management on the other hand is one of the hardest things i have had to deal with. I find they are not empathetic in regards to safe staffing, planning of inservices which we all need to attend (no one ever plans appropriately for the night shift) they are planned a lot mostly during the day when we are sleeping. The most enjoyable part of my job is being a part of the miracle of birth and seeing the joys and happiness on the faces of all the couples i have taken care of.
Pros
the ability to make your own schedule
Cons
many times we have no breaks, lack of staff meetings, planning of mandatory meetings without thought of the times they are planned for
great job
EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 12, 2013
This job always had new things. I learned how to assist doctors and be ready and able at all times. Management was great. The other MA here were very understanding and great to work with. The hardest part was holding up legs and arms when the pt would go dead weight. The most enjoyable part was helping ppl.
Pros
work enviornement and pt
Cons
it was only and internship
Was an enjoyable work place
Clerical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MANovember 25, 2012
I enjoyed my job. Was challenging and never the same day to day.
I have advanced since I first started there 10 years ago. Management has improved. Co workers..make the place fun to work at. They are like family.
I enjoyed my work place, being with the public. The job had challenges everyday which I met and am saddened to be leaving.
First place where I put 10 years in and it never felt like it . Time flew by.
Pros
great health benefits, great people to work with
Cons
some days difficult to get away for lunch.
Staff very hardworking and dedicated
Interim Program Director/Manager (Former Employee) –  Taunton MassJuly 23, 2012
Busy Geropsychiatric Unit
Excellent benefits
Long term retention of nursing staff
Contracted position for psychiatric services
Pros
fun staff
Cons
short contract
Director of Elder Behavioral Services
Director/Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMay 26, 2012
My day starts at 7:30 am. I review the past 24 hours, summarize census,critical issues, attend ER huddle, plan bed flow. Coordinate unit admissions, inspect unit coordinate staffing. I have learned how to be outcomes oriented and financially driven, along with a character that values the importance of integrity and transparency. My co- workers are a fabulous asset. We work well as a team, accomplish a lot and have a strong bond and a sense of trust amongst each other. The hardest part of my job is when I am so busy and 'in the moment" and cannot respond to two isses as the same time. For example, run a meeting or do a presentation and respond to a code. I work for a great company Horizon Health Care from Dallas Texas. They have been strong in my professional foundation. I also have an amazing CNO. There is so much to learn every day. The sky is the limit on opportunities for professional growth.
Pros
my co- workers
Cons
salary

4.3