Morton Hospital Employee Reviews

Morton Hospital
Hospital Admission Clerk (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 31, 2017
Morton Hospital is understaffed. In the Emergency Room, there seems to always be a wait due to the lack of individuals working. The protocols always seem to be changing without notification. Very unprofessional environment.
productive working environment
OPERATING ROOM SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAFebruary 20, 2017
I have to say I love Morton Hospital. It is a positive environment to work. The staff is extremely warm and friendly. The Staff work well together and take pride in caring for their patients.
Pros
patient satisfaction
Cons
Availablility on off shifts, weekends mandatory
3pm-11pm Charge nurse, Circulating nurse (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAFebruary 15, 2017
Typical health care professional lifestyle/schedule for weekends, off shifts, and holidays. Opportuniies for professional training and growth
Great people in the department.
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 14, 2016
The department has great people, and they all work well together. Hospital management take advantage of the department frequently forcing security to work outside of the job description because of understaffing in the medical departments.
Wish I could be more positive but I cannot....
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MASeptember 5, 2016
Worked as an ER nurse for over 7 yrs at Morton. When sold to Steward, many changes took place but notably the decrease in supplies snd staff necessary to do work in the department. The morale of the staff was low, short staffed alot of the time with 4 to 6 heavy patients given to one nurse. With these numbers, mistakes could be EASILY made and nurses cant be expected to give the patients the care they deserve. The pay was good, especially those nurses with 10+ yrs experience. Unfortunately, people did not work as a team and that is disheartning as in an ER, you need your coworkers to back you especially in critical situations. Wish I had more positive to say but I just do not.
Pros
Pay was excellent for staff level nursing, free parking, good ER doctors
Cons
Nursing staff not working as a team, staffing problems, ie not enough licensed or ancillary staff in the ER, too many patients to one nurse, lack of supplies, lack of fairness and respect from management and also coworkers towards each other
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST\ POLYSOMNOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 21, 2015
Some unfavorable changes do to new owners.
I liked working in the sleep lab it was knew. When the new corporation bought 10 hospitals they ended up with too many sleep labs. Some had to be eliminated.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Layoff
Official response from Morton Hospital
July 30, 2015

The sleep lab is growing in volume and there are opportunities for polysomnographers at Morton! We hope you will consider re-applying. The Hospital is doing great and growing with a new Emergency Department coming this September!

I love the people and respect I received at Morton.
LPN-Occasional Workforce, nurse floating (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MADecember 23, 2014
I have worked in this facility for eight years and loved my job. The people, level of practice, and overall culture are what I loved about it.
I actually used to constantly tell management how grateful I was to work here. Unfortunately the Steward group has decided to eliminate LPNs all together.
Pros
people, level of practice, pay
Cons
staffing, being laid off/elimination of LPNs
A great place with great people
Phlebotomist Intern (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MADecember 22, 2014
I had the best work experience at Morton Hospital. I could not have asked for more friendly people to help me with my journey.
Pros
Great people
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 14, 2014
This hospital is on the wave of advancement. They have a great work environment and strong team work skills which just makes life at work all that much better.
Externship
Medical Assistant/Externship (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJuly 8, 2014
Morton Hospital is an award winning hospital. I got the privilege to do my 180 hour of externship at Morton. The staff was willing to help me with anything that I needed. I learned a lot on a typical day you check vitals, help patients get changed into a Johnny. Help the Dr. with any procedures that needs to be preformed on the patients. I enjoyed working with all the patients and their families.
Pros
Enjoyed meeting new patients eveyday. Learning new things.
Cons
On your feet all day.

Want to know more about Morton Hospital?

Ask a question
PACU full of kind hearted and fun experienced nurses
Nursing Precptorship (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAMay 28, 2014
I had the honor of being placed in the PACU at Morton Hospital for my Nursing Preceptorship my senior year at Curry College. I had an excellent preceptor who kept me engaged and excited every shift. I would take patients into the pre-op area and complete their paperwork and assessments before they were taken to the OR. I would also have shifts in the acute PACU with patients who have come out of long operation procedures like hip replacements and thorcaic surgeries. I would be in charge of completing their charts, administrating pain medications and communicating with the nursing team. We also had a progressive PACU which served for patients who had come in for endoscopy and colonoscopy procedures.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
slow weekends
up and down short staffed
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMay 26, 2014
clean clean clean.co workers are good people and hard working.
Pros
good boss
Cons
short staffed most days, pays not great at all for all the hustling around.
Productive and friendly invorment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAApril 24, 2014
Morning pick up are busy, Need to keep a fast pace. I learned from some of the best phlebotomists how to become as great as they are. Management has come along way. They are great to work for. My co-workers are fun and pleasant to work with. Hardest part of the job is hearing Dr. tell patients bad news. Most enjoyable part is laughing with my co-workers.
Cons
Sometimes you are forced to work double shifts
The staff was very professinal and helpful, we worked as a team
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 30, 2014
I worked here for many years started as a rehab aide and working in this field taught me a lot on healthcare. I was exposed to many types of diagnosis and learned medical terminology and treat patients with all types of symptoms from general illnesses, strokes to orthopedic surgeries. This encouraged me to further my education in the health field and the exposure was an educational experience also. I had left this facility not because I didn't like it, I decided to work at other places just to further my career in this field.
Pros
Constant educational information by having other disciplinarians teaching.
Positive learning environment
❸ Staff Nurse - Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAFebruary 2, 2014
Working on a face paced telemetry unit. Monitoring cardiac monitors throughout the shift. Working with a lot of positive nurses and great teachers. The hardest part of the job is the turnover rate on the floor, some days you can get 1-2 admissions and 1-2 discharges. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing patient's praise you and tell you how great of a nurse you are and watching people get better and get discharged from the hospital, that is the most rewarding.
Great Co-workers--management could use some improvement
Multimodality Technologist (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 11, 2013
Great co-workers--management could use some improvement.
good workplace
Food and Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLSeptember 24, 2013
good workplace and enjoying environment with a lot of opportunities.
Fast paced environment, with the overall feeling of accomplishment.
Credit and Collections (Former Employee) –  88 Washington Street Taunton, MA 02780August 30, 2013
Working for this company gave me tools i did not have when entering position. There were many free training opportunities that I took advantage of. I received valuable information and training to help me get a better job.
Pros
Training, experiece working with billing.
Cons
benefits package
Productive place to work and fun with my night shift workers for we all work well together.
RN (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 20, 2013
A typical night at work includes, listening to report on our patients and then working in our assigned area of either L&D, postpartum or the nursery. Our night crew is the best out of all 3 shifts for we all work well together. There are not that many of us and we have all learned how to help each other out and work productively together.
The skills i have learned include being able to function in all 3 areas of the maternity unit. Ive learned how to circulate when doing c/sections, also i have become more comfortable in computerized order entry and like it very much. Management on the other hand is one of the hardest things i have had to deal with. I find they are not empathetic in regards to safe staffing, planning of inservices which we all need to attend (no one ever plans appropriately for the night shift) they are planned a lot mostly during the day when we are sleeping. The most enjoyable part of my job is being a part of the miracle of birth and seeing the joys and happiness on the faces of all the couples i have taken care of.
Pros
the ability to make your own schedule
Cons
many times we have no breaks, lack of staff meetings, planning of mandatory meetings without thought of the times they are planned for
great job
EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 12, 2013
This job always had new things. I learned how to assist doctors and be ready and able at all times. Management was great. The other MA here were very understanding and great to work with. The hardest part was holding up legs and arms when the pt would go dead weight. The most enjoyable part was helping ppl.
Pros
work enviornement and pt
Cons
it was only and internship

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morton Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Morton Hospital Reviews by Location