Morton Salt Employee Reviews in United States

Great Experience
Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAFebruary 7, 2016
Great treatment of new employee. Safety is a huge part of the culture. great place to develop career. would work there again for sure
Management is a joke.
Mine Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LADecember 22, 2015
Everything is done backwards. Equipment is always down. Very hot underground. Managment team is inexperienced and are hipocrits. You WILL be set up for failure.
Pros
Decent pay and all the hours you want.
Cons
No direction or proper training to be successful.
Pays the bills but will run you into the ground
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rittman, OHAugust 6, 2015
Was treated like a 3rd class citizen in a union environment while hourly employees were rarely disciplined effectively. Complete disrespect for education. Management purposely scheduled maintenance outages over weekends and company/federal holidays and specialized in public humiliation tactics. Management either rescheduled or cancelled vacations at will. 60 hour work weeks were expected with no additional compensation. Raises and bonuses were nearly non existent. Raises were barely cost of living which in turn were negated by the increases in health care cost that were passed on to salary employees. Unhealthy environment.
Pros
Safety incentive program
Cons
On call 24/7 no matter what.
Workplace full of great people and opportunities
Industrial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2015
Morton Salt is a great place to work. It is full of wonderful hardworking people who work as a team. Many employees have been there over 20 years so it feels more like a family sometimes.
Good job security
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAAugust 2, 2015
Collect in process and finished samples and test salt products to ensure additives were within company specifications.
the people are friendly.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJune 14, 2015
Get my orders to know what I have to do that day. How to run different style of equipment. Really don't have a plan before they put it into action. friendly people, extreme temp.,working with people you like.
Great place to work!
Underground Miner (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJune 14, 2015
Great company to work for! The atmosphere is like non-other. Also the training program is very well organized. My personal experience as an employee there was good.
Horrible experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Worst company culture ever experienced. SAP was introduced and this company could not handle it. Old fashioned management style
Mining
Hvy equip, construction, Journeyman electricia (Current Employee) –  Fairport Hbr, OHJanuary 24, 2015
A typical day is fast paced covering nearly 7 square miles of underground mine. I currently work on anything from 12 volt automotive systems to 13.2kva cable splicing.

Management at this facility is horrible and without focus. They cannot tackle one problem and move on instead they junp from one to another and accomplish nothing. The hourly workers there are great but feel stuck because of the poor management.
Challenging, Rewarding Career!
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Working in Industrial Sales at Morton Salt has been an extremely rewarding experience. The opportunity for exposure to such a diverse customer base has opened up numerous avenues of opportunity.
Sales
Sales Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlJanuary 13, 2015
Morton Salt, Inc., a Fortune 500 company, is based in Chicago, IL. Manufacturer of Food salts, water conditioning, and chemical grade.
Pros
longevity
Cons
changes
no comment
Senior Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2015
no comment. I was given increased responsibilities throughout my career. Effective December 2014, 100% of the positions of my department were eliminated.
Very Fast Pace Environment
Order Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILDecember 4, 2014
A lot of work and not enough people. Great place to work. I enjoy coming to work everyday. I have great co-workers.
Morton
Bulk Deicing and Industrial Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2014
The company provides many opportunities for advancement.
Overworked, underpaid
QC Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Rittman, OhioJuly 3, 2014
Poor management has driven out many salaried workers. You will be expected to be on call 24/7 without being paid to be on call. Schedule changes are frequent with short notice.
A very fun place to work,
Deduction Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2014
It was great company , it was hard working but fun ,working in a team of ten made it interesting and we were helping each other out in order to make our goal
Pros
company events
Cons
sometimes we had to work weekends.
Work
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  CHICAO ILApril 29, 2014
A normal day consists of me going over data, ensuring there are no errors, and organizing the data into Morton's SAP system.

The most difficult part of the job is looking at the data for long periods of time and playing around on excel can be frustrating when something is not entered correctly.

I enjoy entering data and I enjoy double checking my work assuring I have 100% accuracy with my work.
Pros
computer and sit down office job
Cons
straining on eyes
A great place to work.
Dock Foreman (Current Employee) –  Grantsville, UTMarch 20, 2014
I am responsible to set up my crew each night when I come into work, I assign operators to load trucks and rail cars with product for shipment to our customers. I have learned patience in this, sometimes we run out of product for shipments, we have to reprioritize shipments on a daily basis. Some of the upper management try to help me get the job done by setting up the production plan to include product I need more than other. I supervise a very safe and productive crew, encouraging each worker to submit near misses and to document incidents that they have. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the morale of the workers when certain occasions get taken away, or when we have to force a lot of overtime. The most enjoyable part is knowing I am shipping quality product to our customers.
Pros
great crew
Cons
working straight nights
Working as a contractor. Good company to work for but they are going under a strict downsizing.
Distribution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILFebruary 6, 2014
I handle the US and Canada Ice Melt supply replenishment. Learned new shipping methods for ice melt products. Management is ver knowledgeable as they have ben there for years. Hardest part of the job at the current time is not having enough salt supply to meet demand. Most enjoyable part of the job is that it jeeps snowing, which is great for business.
Currently going through transition with management.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Hutchinson, KS.January 1, 2014
Just went through layoffs company wide and are looking for drastic changes to compete in the market. Not a stable work place at this time.