Morton Salt Employee Reviews

Friendly, laid back work enviroment, yet productive.
Former Deduction Analyst (no longer employed) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2013
Excellent Company to work for. Friendly, caring co-workers, as well as Management. A typical work day, would start with a cup of coffee from the small dining / fax/copying space, along with toaster & Fridge. Where co-workers chated about upcoming events,new employees, what was to be accomplished that day, or what you hoped to accomplish before the end of the work day.

I would say the hardest part would be when the day ended,and you weren't able to complete all task on your agenda for that day.

The most enjoyable part was the activities lined up for the employees,such as "Secret Santa, and the Christmas parties,as well as outdoor events, such as pinics, and baseball games,as well as meeting your co-workers children and their spouses. A Chance to mingle and talk about each other lives outside of Morton.

Morton was brought out by K+S Group of which I give A Five Star Rating in Compensation / Benefits,culture/values, Job security / advancement,management, and work / Life Balance.

Thanks for the opportunity.
A great place to work.
Dock Foreman (Current Employee) –  Grantsville, UTMarch 20, 2014
I am responsible to set up my crew each night when I come into work, I assign operators to load trucks and rail cars with product for shipment to our customers. I have learned patience in this, sometimes we run out of product for shipments, we have to reprioritize shipments on a daily basis. Some of the upper management try to help me get the job done by setting up the production plan to include product I need more than other. I supervise a very safe and productive crew, encouraging each worker to submit near misses and to document incidents that they have. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the morale of the workers when certain occasions get taken away, or when we have to force a lot of overtime. The most enjoyable part is knowing I am shipping quality product to our customers.
Pros
great crew
Cons
working straight nights
Good
Deduction Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2013
I arrived at 7:00 am, and would turn on computer, organize my desk for the work for the day that I would prepare the night before as my starting point of the day, sign in to all work sites, print necessary invoices and backup detail from emails. I learned a new software SAP as well as the different aspects of the company in order to perfect my job performance. I had no problems with management or my co-workers, the hardest part of the job was not really hard but just dealing with sales and marketing when information was needed from there department, the most enjoyable part was the work, I love challenges and staying busy as well as the contact with others,
Pros
great opportunity
Cons
not to much room for advancement
Pays the bills but will run you into the ground
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rittman, OHAugust 6, 2015
Was treated like a 3rd class citizen in a union environment while hourly employees were rarely disciplined effectively. Complete disrespect for education. Management purposely scheduled maintenance outages over weekends and company/federal holidays and specialized in public humiliation tactics. Management either rescheduled or cancelled vacations at will. 60 hour work weeks were expected with no additional compensation. Raises and bonuses were nearly non existent. Raises were barely cost of living which in turn were negated by the increases in health care cost that were passed on to salary employees. Unhealthy environment.
Pros
Safety incentive program
Cons
On call 24/7 no matter what.
Excellent people to work with, high regard for employees.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Hutchinson, KSDecember 19, 2013
7-1/2 hour days, Monday through Friday. Daily reports, inventory receiving and working with accounts payable to resolve issues and forward invoices for payment. Team work was crucial between departments as all were involved in final product. Management at the plant was organized and supportive of changes to increase job efficiency. Co-workers were cordial and sincere. The hardest part of the job was to resolve AP issues that were years old and kept getting put on a back burner because of time restrictions. The best part of the job was their emphasis on the safety of each employee and how they included us in improvements and rewards.
Outstanding Company!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook COE, ILOctober 8, 2013
I have been working here for over a year now and I could not be happier. Best decision I ever made. This is a fantastic office, everyone here works as a team and its just a pleasure to come to work everyday. Yes it get hectic and some days you wish you stayed in bed...but at the end of the day you make a difference and for that I am truly grateful to be with this company. It never feels like just a job to do....I always feel like I am part of something special.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
none for me
Mining
Hvy equip, construction, Journeyman electricia (Current Employee) –  Fairport Hbr, OHJanuary 24, 2015
A typical day is fast paced covering nearly 7 square miles of underground mine. I currently work on anything from 12 volt automotive systems to 13.2kva cable splicing.

Management at this facility is horrible and without focus. They cannot tackle one problem and move on instead they junp from one to another and accomplish nothing. The hourly workers there are great but feel stuck because of the poor management.
Work
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  CHICAO ILApril 29, 2014
A normal day consists of me going over data, ensuring there are no errors, and organizing the data into Morton's SAP system.

The most difficult part of the job is looking at the data for long periods of time and playing around on excel can be frustrating when something is not entered correctly.

I enjoy entering data and I enjoy double checking my work assuring I have 100% accuracy with my work.
Pros
computer and sit down office job
Cons
straining on eyes
cool
Warehousemen (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 1, 2013
Motivated professional with multiple track record of stellar attendance and work performance. Talent for quickly mastering various task – recently completed Safety course. Diplomatic and tactful with professionals and non-professionals at all levels. Accustomed to handling sensitive situations. Demonstrated history of reliability.
Flexible and versatile – able to maintain a sense of humor under pressure. Poised and competent with demonstrated ability to easily transcend cultural differences. Thrive in deadline-driven environments. Excellent team-building skills.
Working as a contractor. Good company to work for but they are going under a strict downsizing.
Distribution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILFebruary 6, 2014
I handle the US and Canada Ice Melt supply replenishment. Learned new shipping methods for ice melt products. Management is ver knowledgeable as they have ben there for years. Hardest part of the job at the current time is not having enough salt supply to meet demand. Most enjoyable part of the job is that it jeeps snowing, which is great for business.

Want to know more about Morton Salt?

Ask a question
Management is a joke.
Mine Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LADecember 22, 2015
Everything is done backwards. Equipment is always down. Very hot underground. Managment team is inexperienced and are hipocrits. You WILL be set up for failure.
Pros
Decent pay and all the hours you want.
Cons
No direction or proper training to be successful.
the people are friendly.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJune 14, 2015
Get my orders to know what I have to do that day. How to run different style of equipment. Really don't have a plan before they put it into action. friendly people, extreme temp.,working with people you like.
I was a great place to work.
Senior Plant Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2015
I enjoyed my job at Morton Salt. In typical day I would do repairs on machines, meet with contractors and vendors. I would also set up jobs for the other maintenance personal.
Workplace full of great people and opportunities
Industrial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2015
Morton Salt is a great place to work. It is full of wonderful hardworking people who work as a team. Many employees have been there over 20 years so it feels more like a family sometimes.
A very fun place to work,
Deduction Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2014
It was great company , it was hard working but fun ,working in a team of ten made it interesting and we were helping each other out in order to make our goal
Pros
company events
Cons
sometimes we had to work weekends.
Most well managed project
OCM Communications/Sr. Training Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2013
This was one of the most well run SAP Implementations that I have consulted. It was definitely a pleasure working with a team that has implemented Change Management and focused on the stakeholders.
Fun, and Family
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Grantsville, UTJuly 20, 2013
Its like working with a family, I mean if you can get over it being work, and in Hot or Cold weather...all in all i like it
Pros
they care for the employees
Cons
could use more pay
Challenging, Rewarding Career!
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Working in Industrial Sales at Morton Salt has been an extremely rewarding experience. The opportunity for exposure to such a diverse customer base has opened up numerous avenues of opportunity.
Currently going through transition with management.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Hutchinson, KS.January 1, 2014
Just went through layoffs company wide and are looking for drastic changes to compete in the market. Not a stable work place at this time.
Co-operative
Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand River, OHJanuary 11, 2013
Morton salt has been complety co-operative and understanding to work with and allow work schedule adjustments to all persaonal cituations. I will always be appreciative to their comentment to employee personal needs.