Mosaic Community Services Employee Reviews

Love the family like enviornment
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2015
The environment in this employer was very positive and an overall great experience. The relationship between individuals and staff was close like family.
Pros
PTO
Opportunity for Advancement YES WILL YOU BE HAPPY?
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDOctober 13, 2015
I worked with this company for 3 years. I truly believed that I could stay longer had the management not been so unprofessional. They treated the clients and certain staff poorly. The work environment is very "cliquish" and non inclusive. The hardest part of the job was the staff interactions. The most enjoyable was working with the clients and their families and making a difference. Many of the youth I worked with have been returned home to their families and I occasionally run into them in the community and it is truly beautiful that they are doing so well vs where they had been!
Mosaic Community Services is the largest community mental health provider in Maryland. Its progams include outpatient mental health centers.
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2015
I enjoy helping people in the mental health field there is a lot to learn about mental illness. I get along well with my coworkers and clients. I have been in the mental health field for 20 years and have been on my current job for 13 years. I work with children and adults and this is the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part of my job occur when I get someone who do not qualify for our program and they are in need of intensive help.
Pros
I get a chance to help the clients get the help they really need.
Cons
Health Insurance
great place
Residential Counselor / Case Manger (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2015
Great place to start a career, to get your feet wet and move up. I enjoy working with my team of staff and clients. Hardest part of job was when a client would go missing or refuse medication. But i really enjoy working there.
Front Desk Coordinator
Client Support Representative- Has (Current Employee) –  baltimore,MDJune 22, 2015
Client Support Representative- Has first point of contact to patients, their families/representatives, outside agencies, and referrers to respond to inquiries for outpatient admission or referral. Gathers demographic and insurance data, identifies appropriate clinicians, and schedules appointments. Works closely with other offices to coordinate efforts and ensure timely, quality customer service for all inquiries. Demonstrates knowledge of Sheppard Pratt programs and services in interactions with internal and external groups. Enters required information and charges into on-line system. Verifies insurance coverage and benefits and acquires proper pre-authorization. Provides clerical assistance to front office. Collect vital signs for every client that comes into clinic and record them in to electronic files.
its like a family
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMay 28, 2015
Its very educating as you meet new people, new environment, learn approach to challenging situations, interact with top mgt officers and collegues in resolving conflicts and at the end clients are satisfied.
Great Place to Work
Temp (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MarylandApril 17, 2015
I temped for this organization for a couple of months and it was a great experience. The management and co-workers treated me like I was a member of the team.
in and out
Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDOctober 13, 2014
an overall nice place to work. a lot of uneccessary paperwork. but the things that need a paper trail dont get put down. STAFFING IS NEVER ADEQUATE.
Pros
helping people
Cons
micromanagement
Helping others succeed
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 15, 2014
I really enjoyed working here but unfortunately I moved after graduating college.
Pros
lots of one on one time with clients
Cons
outdated info
a little inconsistent
Residential Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJuly 21, 2014
I appreciate what mosaic was trying to do with their corporate culture, but in practice it ended up being a very messy affair. management does not convey expectations, employees don't communicate well and often disregard client well being in favor of watching tv. I was very often asked to go into situations that were not safe and not a part of my job description to do things that were outside the rules set by the company, but due to almost no accountability up the chain of command and the unchecked independence of the individual branches, none of this was ever reported, and no plan was ever made even after multiple situations that required police response.
Pros
very independent job with very little accountability from management
Cons
very independent job with very little accountability from management
great learing environment
Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  TowsonJuly 5, 2014
Counting medication and doing rounds to check the safety of clients.
Pros
free parking, great staff
Cons
crisis clients
great place to work
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDJune 28, 2014
great place. pay not to great but growth opportunities are great.
Pros
growth
Cons
pay
Learning environment
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 5, 2014
Greet patients, schedule follow-up appointments, gather demographics and insurance data, faxing, filing, speaking with pharmacies, assist the Dr.s and therapist,typing memos

There are many courses that you are required to take that are beneficial to your job responsibilities as well courses that you are made to take that do not even pertain to your job position and not at all of any assistance to helping you advance. When you sign up for any of the courses, which are required to be taken during your work hours, your immediate supervisor/manager won't adjust your schedule accordingly and therefore make it impossible to attend your required courses. Of which you will be reprimanded by your Supervisor/Managers Supervisor for signing up for the course and not attending. And of course your supervisor/manager denies not adjusting your schedule or allowing you to have back up during your time at the courses.
The hardest part of the job wasn't the responsibilities at all, nor interacting with patients, the hardest part is trying to deal with the favoritism, constant inconsistency, double standards, unreasonable reasons for getting written up. How can 2 employees make the exact same error and only 1 of them be written up for it? Back to the favoritism...
I have learned that you can NOT resolve issues with HR as they say they have an open door policy and confidentiality. When speaking with HR there isn't ANY confidentiality and you can rest assured everyone else in the company is knowledgeable of what you have discussed with HR. I have also learned that it isn't a good idea for your
  more... supervisor to hire one of their friends just to have that friend advance without any required skills for the position they are given. Back to the favoritism...
It is a sad when even the patients see the favoritism and comment about it all the time.

The MOST enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients, attending to their needs, knowing that you are making a better day for them by being sincere, accurate, and dedicated to them as well as to your job responsibilities.
Pros
working with the patients
Cons
favoritism, inconsistencies, supervisors that do not know how to supervise, lack of pay increases
Needs to start over
Billing (Current Employee) –  TowsonJanuary 10, 2014
It's a lot of things they need to improve to make this job a better work place and I see that's going to happen.
Comfortable atmosphere
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDNovember 13, 2013
A typical day involves helping clients with their day to day activities, as well as managing their medications and making sure they are properly taken. Clients also have goals that they are striving towards that have been developed through they're IRP (Individual Rehabilitation Plan). I help clients with these goals providing resources and assistance when necessary. Management and my co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. Although management is strict with regulations. The best part of the job is the interaction with the clients. They are friendly and interesting and it allows me to get an insight on each individual an see how the same disorder affects people differently. The hardest part of the job is when a client is in crisis and needs emergency care or needs to be taken to the crisis beds at Sheppard Pratt. Although these times are stressful, they have allowed me to learn to manage my time under stress and keep control of situations in stressful times.
Pros
co-workers, nice office
Cons
odd hours, hard to get time off
interesting work place.
residential counselor/ admin assistant (Current Employee) –  towson, mdJuly 9, 2013
work in public mental health, started out at residential counselor moved up to admin assistant. create dinner menu for 2 weeks in charge of budget, filing, food order, client information, making copies ordering office supplies and making sure business is able to run smooth.
No major complaints
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2013
There is a lot of flexibility, which allows may people to construct their day according to what needs to be done. The job has given me even more insight into the mental health field. I enjoy working with my clients and find complete job satisfaction when they reach a goal. The hard part is most of them don't have goals, and working with adults that don't want anything out of life is challenging and often very frustrating.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
salary, healthcare
Mosaic Community
Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDFebruary 19, 2013
Provided excellent benefits package and employee incentive program.
disappointing
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDJanuary 8, 2013
it is a great job to have however once you come to the realization that the company is concerned more about the money then the clients it gets sad. you wish you could do more but you cant you ask the people who may the final decisions to help you help the clients in the tell you no
Very Productive
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville MarylandJanuary 8, 2013
A typicval day at work has been very professional with learning characters from different employees who brings into the job their different experience.