Mosaic Community Services Employee Reviews in United States

Some issues
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDNovember 28, 2015
Initially it seemed like a great place to work and gain experience. Definitely not a long-term career. The pay is low for the work that's expected and the upper management and administration seem out of touch with the clients and the day to day functioning of the day programs. A continuous lack of communication between the departments makes serving the clients effectively difficulty, at times impossible. The poor communication and disconnect of some staff sometimes creates an environment that enables poor client performance and even laziness. There's potential for this place to live up to its mission, but not without some serious changes starting with the quality of staff and pay.
Pros
few
Cons
No office space or structure breaks, insulting pay for degree holders, inconsistency with expectations management and staff
Opportunity for Advancement YES WILL YOU BE HAPPY?
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDOctober 13, 2015
I worked with this company for 3 years. I truly believed that I could stay longer had the management not been so unprofessional. They treated the clients and certain staff poorly. The work environment is very "cliquish" and non inclusive. The hardest part of the job was the staff interactions. The most enjoyable was working with the clients and their families and making a difference. Many of the youth I worked with have been returned home to their families and I occasionally run into them in the community and it is truly beautiful that they are doing so well vs where they had been!
Great Place to Grow
Director of Transportation (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 6, 2016
Working for Mosaic is wonderful. If you are looking for a place for growth and ability to shine this is the place. You will have the ability to show your talents each and everyday.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
Wages
Front Desk Coordinator
Client Support Representative- Has (Current Employee) –  baltimore,MDJune 22, 2015
Client Support Representative- Has first point of contact to patients, their families/representatives, outside agencies, and referrers to respond to inquiries for outpatient admission or referral. Gathers demographic and insurance data, identifies appropriate clinicians, and schedules appointments. Works closely with other offices to coordinate efforts and ensure timely, quality customer service for all inquiries. Demonstrates knowledge of Sheppard Pratt programs and services in interactions with internal and external groups. Enters required information and charges into on-line system. Verifies insurance coverage and benefits and acquires proper pre-authorization. Provides clerical assistance to front office. Collect vital signs for every client that comes into clinic and record them in to electronic files.
Mosaic Community Services is the largest community mental health provider in Maryland. Its progams include outpatient mental health centers.
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2015
I enjoy helping people in the mental health field there is a lot to learn about mental illness. I get along well with my coworkers and clients. I have been in the mental health field for 20 years and have been on my current job for 13 years. I work with children and adults and this is the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part of my job occur when I get someone who do not qualify for our program and they are in need of intensive help.
Pros
I get a chance to help the clients get the help they really need.
Cons
Health Insurance
a little inconsistent
Residential Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJuly 21, 2014
I appreciate what mosaic was trying to do with their corporate culture, but in practice it ended up being a very messy affair. management does not convey expectations, employees don't communicate well and often disregard client well being in favor of watching tv. I was very often asked to go into situations that were not safe and not a part of my job description to do things that were outside the rules set by the company, but due to almost no accountability up the chain of command and the unchecked independence of the individual branches, none of this was ever reported, and no plan was ever made even after multiple situations that required police response.
Pros
very independent job with very little accountability from management
Cons
very independent job with very little accountability from management
Productive, encouraging, great teams and wonderful clients
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 26, 2012
Mosaic currently have several different jobs in all areas of Maryland which offer room for growth or advancement. A typical day for me is never the same. I learned over the years more patience and education on mental illness. I have experienced a wonderful management team and my co workers have become my best of friends. The most difficult part of my job is letting go of clients that i have gained relationships with. In this field there is a high death rate and hospitalizations however i do get to enjoy people from all walks of life and assist them with gaining their independence in the community.
Pros
flexible schedule
great place
Residential Counselor / Case Manger (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2015
Great place to start a career, to get your feet wet and move up. I enjoy working with my team of staff and clients. Hardest part of job was when a client would go missing or refuse medication. But i really enjoy working there.
Mosaic
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDSeptember 11, 2012
A typical day at work here would consist of inputting invoices and check requests into various spreadsheets and accounting software, scanning and filing documents, correspondence with coworkers and vendors through e-mail and phone messages. On occasion assisting in printing checks was necessary. Management was constantly changing and rules were changed. There was a lot of grey area and you were told you did something wrong AFTER the fact. People were not always reprimanded when they did the same things as others who were. For the most part-my co-workers were fantastic. The hardest part of this job was receiving no backup when something was handed in wrong or not according to the policies. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to create useful documents for employees to use to assist the accounting department in processing receipts, requests and mileage reimbursement forms.
Pros
good benefits, great co-workers
Cons
flakey managment, not the same policies for everyone, no room to advance
Very informative work experience
Residential Program Director (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 30, 2012
Working for Mosaic Community Services was a great opportunity even though it was just a Grandfathering position. I learned alot of supervising skills along with a magnitude of information that would carry on through out my career.
Pros
wonderful work enviornment
Great Place to Work
Temp (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MarylandApril 17, 2015
I temped for this organization for a couple of months and it was a great experience. The management and co-workers treated me like I was a member of the team.
Comfortable atmosphere
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDNovember 13, 2013
A typical day involves helping clients with their day to day activities, as well as managing their medications and making sure they are properly taken. Clients also have goals that they are striving towards that have been developed through they're IRP (Individual Rehabilitation Plan). I help clients with these goals providing resources and assistance when necessary. Management and my co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. Although management is strict with regulations. The best part of the job is the interaction with the clients. They are friendly and interesting and it allows me to get an insight on each individual an see how the same disorder affects people differently. The hardest part of the job is when a client is in crisis and needs emergency care or needs to be taken to the crisis beds at Sheppard Pratt. Although these times are stressful, they have allowed me to learn to manage my time under stress and keep control of situations in stressful times.
Pros
co-workers, nice office
Cons
odd hours, hard to get time off
No major complaints
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2013
There is a lot of flexibility, which allows may people to construct their day according to what needs to be done. The job has given me even more insight into the mental health field. I enjoy working with my clients and find complete job satisfaction when they reach a goal. The hard part is most of them don't have goals, and working with adults that don't want anything out of life is challenging and often very frustrating.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
salary, healthcare
Compensation/ Benefits
Residential Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 29, 2012
A typical day at work normally is good, and productive. I learn something new about the Clienta I work with everyday. Management could be alittle more supportive. My co-workers could share alittle more of the work load. The hardest part of the job is feeling not supported. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others.
Pros
great learning experience.
Cons
pal time is not enough.
its like a family
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMay 28, 2015
Its very educating as you meet new people, new environment, learn approach to challenging situations, interact with top mgt officers and collegues in resolving conflicts and at the end clients are satisfied.
in and out
Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDOctober 13, 2014
an overall nice place to work. a lot of uneccessary paperwork. but the things that need a paper trail dont get put down. STAFFING IS NEVER ADEQUATE.
Pros
helping people
Cons
micromanagement
Mosaic Community
Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDFebruary 19, 2013
Provided excellent benefits package and employee incentive program.
interesting work place.
residential counselor/ admin assistant (Current Employee) –  towson, mdJuly 9, 2013
work in public mental health, started out at residential counselor moved up to admin assistant. create dinner menu for 2 weeks in charge of budget, filing, food order, client information, making copies ordering office supplies and making sure business is able to run smooth.
disappointing
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDJanuary 8, 2013
it is a great job to have however once you come to the realization that the company is concerned more about the money then the clients it gets sad. you wish you could do more but you cant you ask the people who may the final decisions to help you help the clients in the tell you no
Helping others succeed
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 15, 2014
I really enjoyed working here but unfortunately I moved after graduating college.
Pros
lots of one on one time with clients
Cons
outdated info

2.9