Mosaic Community Services Employee Reviews

Very bad and racist place
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDNovember 28, 2017
The center in Belcamp called Alliance is made up of crazy staffs. Management sucks and they discriminate against Africans. African Americans there are not good and hate fellow Africans. Will never recommend even my enemy to work there
Pros
Nothing good
administrative assistant
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 27, 2017
paperwork service tickets monitor the floor great guest. handle the interview process and more. the workplace is fast past and working with adult mental challenge adults
Pros
flexibility
Cons
healthcare
I would never recommend this place to anyone looking for work
Client Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDSeptember 24, 2017
Working for mosaic was like working in a circus. Everyone wants to tell one another what to do instead of just doing it. Making the clients suffer. Pay sucks.
Pros
Most of the locations are close to home., Most of the clients are really nice people
Cons
No team work, management never available, overworked and underpaid, staff with attitudes
Productive and on-the-go workplace
Residential Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2017
Working with the company was a life-changing experience as I got to interact with several individuals facing multiple problems, I felt like I was accomplished being able to talk to people and help them get through their circumstances.
Part time
Residential Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDSeptember 14, 2017
Act as a case manager for assigned caseloads of residents, depending on program assignment. Guide and direct residents in maintaining rules and basic program guidelines. Observe, assess, and record resident behaviors. Assist in providing a safe and therapeutic environment according to established policies and procedures. Complete written documentation of rehabilitation plan, services, behaviors, and progress in compliance with Mosaic and program standards. Report pertinent observations to rehabilitation team. Participate in the evaluation of program effectiveness and efficiency and works to ensure continuous improvements in quality of service.
Pros
1hr lunch
Public Mental Health System
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 2, 2017
Acted as staff trainer within a mental health non-profit. Position was part-time on top of regular job at same company. Was able to choose which trainings I wanted to present.
security guard
Security Guard / Facilities (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 27, 2017
very horrible place to work the management sucks at 2225 north charles st the clients are awesome the are many ppl fighting for power in the company there is no team work it's not a place to grow and gain experience from its very boring if ur a security guard.
Pros
too easy of a job
Cons
management sucks
Great to build expereince
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 21, 2017
I enjoy the company and the people I work with daily. The interactions with clients is positive and a great learning tool for someone in the mental health field.
I enjoy working here
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 18, 2017
Great organization to work with. I am usually happy whenever the hard work and dedication from the treatment team improve the patients condition so that they are able to live their lives to the fullest.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pto
Provides a great resource to it's clients
Assistant Director, Occupational Therapy (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDJune 8, 2017
Mosaic has allowed me to look at humanity in a different light. Mental illness is real but people do recover. Mosaic does a fantastic job at aiding in that recovery.
Horrible supervion and no support.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDJune 7, 2017
I love working with the consumers daily. However, my supervisor was not supportive. My supervisor is very micro management. Seeing my clients on daily schedules.
Productive environment
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2017
I enjoyed engaging clients with their treatment plans. I learned to actively listen to individuals to assist in areas most needed. I continued to update management of clients desired plans for their future I truly enjoy assisting their clients with transportation to other resources as needed.
Pros
I enjoyed to transporting patients to other services.
Cons
Short breaks, and long hours
Great Experience
Service Coordinator / Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDMay 6, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Mosaic Community Services. Management and team works well together. Would have stayed if compensations were better.
Family oriented company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMay 5, 2017
Excellent Executive Director, strong management knowledge and skills, took time to mentor and interact with staff.

Great non-profit providing services to individuals with mental health and substance abuse issues, is rewarding to be part of a team that helps these individuals.
Oncall residential work is always available
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDMarch 19, 2017
I work on-call, so the shift is basically the same. I monitor medications and encourage clients to perform house chores or work on rehabilitation goals.
Pros
work is always available
Cons
pay-scale for on call is low.
Look elsewhere
Service Coordinator/Case Manager 11 (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 2, 2016
This organization is all about making money at any cost. The focus is not on the consumers but hitting case rates, which is important but not always. The management sucks! The culture is not personal and my division head doesn't even greet her employees ever! The division head cannot answer a question and always has to email someone to find an answer. I would not recommend working here. I am looking for a new company that is friendly and client centered.
Pros
No overime
Great Place to Grow
Director of Transportation (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 6, 2016
Working for Mosaic is wonderful. If you are looking for a place for growth and ability to shine this is the place. You will have the ability to show your talents each and everyday.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
Wages
Some issues
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDNovember 28, 2015
Initially it seemed like a great place to work and gain experience. Definitely not a long-term career. The pay is low for the work that's expected and the upper management and administration seem out of touch with the clients and the day to day functioning of the day programs. A continuous lack of communication between the departments makes serving the clients effectively difficulty, at times impossible. The poor communication and disconnect of some staff sometimes creates an environment that enables poor client performance and even laziness. There's potential for this place to live up to its mission, but not without some serious changes starting with the quality of staff and pay.
Pros
few
Cons
No office space or structure breaks, insulting pay for degree holders, inconsistency with expectations management and staff
Love the family like enviornment
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2015
The environment in this employer was very positive and an overall great experience. The relationship between individuals and staff was close like family.
Pros
Pto
Opportunity for Advancement YES WILL YOU BE HAPPY?
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDOctober 13, 2015
I worked with this company for 3 years. I truly believed that I could stay longer had the management not been so unprofessional. They treated the clients and certain staff poorly. The work environment is very "cliquish" and non inclusive. The hardest part of the job was the staff interactions. The most enjoyable was working with the clients and their families and making a difference. Many of the youth I worked with have been returned home to their families and I occasionally run into them in the community and it is truly beautiful that they are doing so well vs where they had been!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mosaic Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8