Mosaic Employee Reviews

Need New Management
Certified Medication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEOctober 19, 2017
I feel the company needs management that is willing to make things work more smoothly. Things are constantly changing in this field and management needs to find ways to make it work.
High hopes
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTOctober 13, 2017
I had high hopes for Mosaic. While there are many training opportunities much of the training does not help you in your daily functions. There is lack of oversight and support from the main office.
Pros
On site vehicles for use
Cons
Inadequate work to person ratio
mosaic
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTOctober 12, 2017
mosaic is a really good place to work as a stepping stone to learn alot. Management was really great to work with but the best part was working with the residents.
What I learned
DSA (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEOctober 12, 2017
I have learned through this time is how precious and special life really is. I have learned that even though I may struggle there are so many people who have it worse than us. I have learned how hard it is on our special needs individuals but how they keep a smile on their face. How much they truly appreciate the things my coworkers and I have done for them.
Pros
Spending time with special needs individuals
Cons
cut our lunch program, cut our clients getting paid by cleaning, poorly paid, poorly managed.
Fun work place, lots of different activities to participate in.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTOctober 9, 2017
Lack of job growth, no raises, no 401-k, short term or long term disability offered. Can be very cut throat among staff in the group home. Company does not give any incentives to stay.
Very rewarding place to work
Direct Supports Staff/Direct Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEOctober 9, 2017
I loved my job at Mosaic, oh that has been many moons ago but it was a great experience. I loved my clients and the people I worked with. I loved making a difference in peoples lives. The reason I quit was because I moved. But in the end it was a great place to start out at out of high school.
Stressful and unhealthy environment
Asst. Plant Operator(Retired) (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLOctober 9, 2017
Not a good place to start.long hours bad on your health not a family oriented work place a lot of back stabbing going on no type of job advancement unless you have a family in upper management.
Pros
Good money to be made
Cons
Healthcare poor, work environment very unsafe
Decent place to work
Shift maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLOctober 8, 2017
Hard to advance due to the number of people at the level above you, good learning experience to get management experience but the hourly work force runs rampant over front line supervisors.
Pros
Work
Terrible experience
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 8, 2017
There is poor management, high stress environment even for residents, staff provoking resident behaviors and no consequences for such offenses. High turnover
its an okay job
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee) –  newark, DEOctober 7, 2017
they did have religion incorporated in with the job which was annoying if you were not religious. a lot of my coworkers would try to pressure me into believing something I did not want to believe. but it was a laid back job and fairly easy. but did have to deal with some behavior problems.
Pros
laid back
Cons
no breaks, religous
clients were great, hours were ok,
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IAOctober 5, 2017
I was responsible for 3 men. The expectations from management were impossible to uphold. I enjoyed where I was placed, I got along with the clients. I had difficulty with documentation and did not feel my issues were properly handled.
Pros
client appreciation, teaching opportunity
Cons
low pay, poor communication with management
Enjoyable
Level II Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDOctober 3, 2017
This location offers a lot to their clients. The clients are happy and active. As an intern there I was assisted in all aspects of the administrations and implementations of activities.
different job positions
Samsung Consultant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 3, 2017
different job categories of jobs positions available at different locations that allows you to adapt to new work environments and trainings traveling may also be included
Cutthroat work place
Phosphate Miner (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, FLOctober 3, 2017
If you're not a part of that God ole boy group of guys then you won't advance. They especially don't like for any minorities to progress within the company.
Great pay as host home provider
Host Home Provider (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NESeptember 29, 2017
As host home provider it was great pay, but there was very limited opportunity to get anyone to do respite for me if I had an emergency or some trip I wanted to take. time off was difficult to get.
Management was varied...hopefully you get a good one...but there are no guarantees.2 of my managers were great...the last 1 was terrible...lack of good communication.
It was great helping the clients and teaching them daily living skills and see them advance.
Pros
pay
Cons
getting time off, no paid time. Had to pay someone to give respite.
Restaurant
Co-Owner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2017
Everybody knew what to do.
Food was good.
Superb ambiance.
There was a team.
Customers felt at home.
Any health inspection was positive.
The landlord wanted to raise the rent and divide the restaurant in 3: we ended up closing.
Pros
Food. Easy work.
Cons
The manager was too nice.
Good
Contractor/Internship (Former Employee) –  Uncle Sam, LASeptember 27, 2017
When I started you wanted to come to work now I can't wait to leave if you have a good idea don't share it, save you the rejection, if you don't like management stay away your going to see them often, they have allowed HR, to run the place. Going under soon run as fast and as hard as you can
A good place to gain customer service experience
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2017
Compared to other companies in the industry I feel like they are as good as any. Although my time there was not as long as I would have preferred, I enjoyed the experience
Caring staff for those who need it the most
Certified Medication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NESeptember 25, 2017
Helping clients get out into the community to achieve all the same rights anyone else has. Medication distribution, volunteer work and always striving to be the best you, you can be.
Pros
The people
Loved the clients
Direct Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 20, 2017
I loved the clients and loved the love that everyone had for the clients, the office was very unorganized and the people in some of the houses work in a heirarchy when really they had the same position as you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mosaic. Our community is ready to answer.