Mosaic Employee Reviews in United States

Great Pay long Hours and plenty of new pepole to meet jobs to transfer to. However Managment blows to the point of harassment and throwing under bus.
Analytical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLMarch 17, 2016
The Company have great opportunity if one has a Good Manager and not bias of High on this horse because he /she has excellent stock options and tenure in company. Lies and distrust between Management and low levels. Dishonesty when filling out paper work for Plant nudge numbers and roundabout to get numbers for recommendations. Plenty of hours available to be worked great Pay and benefits only if u don't work three yrs the company takes back it 401 contribution on ur behave. Those Managers that are less than 66% like by subordinates usually use HR to weave employers out that stand up to their harassment and intimidations. No doubt great Christmas Parties no bonus if you are on bad terms with supervisor. Manager look away or acts if problems don't exist in certain departments.
Pros
Great Parties
Cons
Company retailates if employee files harrassment allegations
The staff & management are a pleasure to work with.
Direct Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 3, 2016
I enjoy working with the staff & management at Mosaic. The agency does need to increase the employee compensation to remain competitiveeld in the area.
Work with unique and special individuals
Direct Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 9, 2015
It's a good job with decent compensation and benefits.

It's a great opportunity to work with individuals with special needs to help them make it through the day while trying to reach their life goals.

It can be emotionally and mentally draining as it is often 8 hours (or more) of constant interaction and need for individuals.
Lacking Focus...
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEOctober 10, 2015
The ability to work with individuals and watch them advance and grow in their lives is an amazing gift. To see the progress an individual makes while under your care is awe inspiring.

Sadly, at Mosaic, you don't get to experience that. It runs on a culture of lies, threats, and intimidation.

If you were allowed to just work with individuals, not having to deal with anything else, it would be amazing. Unfortunately the drama involved from co-workers and management out weighs that and ruins the experience.

Managers with no knowledge or skill are hired and then quit on a regular basis. Managers who are hired based not on skill or ability, but on if they will adhere and kiss the rears of the Grand Island management team.

Like being yelled at for things you didn't do? Apply ay Mosaic. Enjoy having your job threatened at every turn? Mosaic is for you. High school level drama from not just co-workers but managers as well? Hello, Mosaic! Watch good, hard working, dedicated people run out the door or forced to leave while terrible workers get to stay to cause problems? Mosaic wants you.
Pros
Core aspect of the job can be rewarding. Decent starting pay. Excellent benefits and paid time off.
Cons
The people, the culture, the atmosphere, mismanagement, drama, soul crushing, life draining.
Well established Company, with good benefits and pay
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 27, 2015
Mosaic is a well established company, that does a lot for its employees as well as the community. they put a lot of effort into land conservation, community affairs, as well as charity benefits.
Pros
rotating shifts allow for a flexible work schedule and many days off.
Cons
12 hour shifts get long, and rotating days and nights takes a toll on your body and sleep patterns
Family friendly environment
Direct Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Axtell, NEDecember 2, 2015
Great place with a very fulfilling experience. Working for the better of others not as fortunate. Great company that provides great benefits and works to meet the needs of the employees.
Pros
Great cause
Cons
Short staff
Too Political
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJanuary 18, 2016
The company is highly competitive with the classic, central-Florida good ol' boy syndrome. If you want to learn the complexities of corporate culture, mixed with highly-polarized union/management dynamics, this is a great place to find it! Advancement is slow and very cookie-cutter. Not a lot of room for new ideas, or creative, out-of-the-box thinking.

I do not recommend.

They're mining Florida's natural resources nearly without restriction. Don't work here if you love nature, you'll literally see it melt away and turn to sand - although they do a good job of patching it up so it looks good to the eyes after they're done. No matter that, if you're in the production plants, they smell horrible -like something you should probably not be breathing.

Work-Life-Balance is a nice catch phrase, but if you're not working 20 hours of overtime (unpaid) prepare to suffer the consequences. Total hypocrites when it comes to that slogan.

Hourly workers are lazy, overly-entitled, mostly fat and unhealthy too, but they probably still make more than you, and they have union representation that will keep them from getting fired while they collectively work with or against members of management as they see fit.

TOO POLITICAL.
Pros
Pay
Cons
There's a reason they pay so much
Fun place to work, Great interaction with Clients
Certified medical specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEFebruary 17, 2016
Amazing clients! They really impact you life in many positive ways. Work day consists of making sure all clients are kept up on being fresh, getting clients to appointments and things they need to go to. Make sure housecleaning duties are being kept up on. Learn how to take care of each individual and each disorder and how their lives work. Management didn't work together in anything. Communication was horrible. There was no positive reinforcement. Co-workers for the most part were amazing, you pick and choose your battles with others. Hardest part of the job is watching other co-workers neglect the cares/wants/needs of the clients. I enjoyed making the clients happy with fun things to do with them, doing activities such as cleaning and things they need to learn themselves to do, taking them on outings, making them smile.
Pros
the clients
Cons
management
My typical day at work...
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dothan, AlabamaSeptember 3, 2015
A typical day at work for me always consisted of talking with management and sales associates. Signage was always to be put up in the store, whether it was for Straight Talk, Xbox or Playstation. That was just part of what I did for the company.
Cons
No stability, hours, benefits and always changed mileage pay
Stable employer
TERRITORY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 8, 2015
Work varies from week to week. Some weeks have very low hours and other weeks can be very busy. I complete various call reports on a tablet. Some days I am working grocery, stocking and auditing merchandise other days I am working in electronics, stocking, auditing and building new displays or placing new signage. Work is mainly done independently with very little interaction with fellow employees. I work hand in hand with store management and associates to get tasks completed.
Pros
ever changing tasks can create a challenging environment
Cons
work is inconsistent and few benefits
Very good Field Manager and Informative Monthly Meetings.
Field Service Rep/Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAFebruary 10, 2016
I started my work week early at around 6:00 AM. I prefer this schedule because I am an early riser. I enjoy working independently for the most part. I developed a rapport with management and supervisors. I learned to read plano-grams and setup of displays. The personnel at the big box stores were cooperative in getting access to displays. The most difficult part of the job was there was allot of merchandise was stored in my home for the setups and displays.
Pros
Working Independently
Cons
Having allot of setups for displays in my home.
Rewarding but draining
Direct Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAAugust 5, 2015
It was a rewarding job and I loved spending the time with the clients to help bring fun and laughter in their life. The lack of support and communication was a reoccurring issue that was not fixed. Full time staff hardly received support from PRN staff or supervisors during a crisis.
Pros
Rewarding, Good Benefits, Paid Medication Administration Training.
Cons
Lack of co-worker support and supervisor support
Management needs leadership training
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 3, 2016
As contract jobs go, do not expect job security. Mosaic makes it clear that everyone "Mosaic" is separate from the client, regardless of what may be said about seamless integration of teams. Mosaic management who has moved to CA from WA needs training on Leadership, especially coaching, direction, interviews, inspiring others, and supporting the team so that it can be the best representation of the company.
Pros
San Ramon recruiters are really nice, pay is decent for Bay Area, if you're lucky you'll get to work under a very competent and inspiring senior learning specialist
Cons
Management is unprofessional and immature, no security, no real perks
Great Company
Territory Rep (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 25, 2015
the pay is great, management is great, coworkers are great, I have nothing bad to say about this company, oh yea and great great great benefits
Pros
pay, benifits, managment, coworkers
Cons
High paced atmosphere with its own buddy system:
Material Handling Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLMarch 26, 2015
I spent over 20 years at Mosaic. Started when it was W.R Grace, thru 2 investment groups and then to Cargill. I would have to say the time the facility was ran by Cargill was the best years there. It was a family atmosphere and the management really cared about it's employees. Safety was number one for them and they didnt push production to the front. They felt that if you take care of your people that your peole will take care of you and they did. Things ran smoothly during that time. Mosaic was a whole new culture, production took first place and other things started falling to the way side. It was always a push to get things done and alot of the time it was as if it didnt matter what it took to get it done.

They have a new CEO and things may have changed now so I cant say about how things are being done there now,.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Intense pressure from management and a lack of concern for its employees.
very varied. Something different almost everyday!
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 21, 2016
Loved the job! Built around my availability and very flexible hours and days. Good pay. Enjoyed my surroundings and the different jobs I was given. One day I might be building displays in departments and bringing inventory from the back. The next day I might be checking to make sure select inventory was stocked by store and priced correctly. I also updated data on computers and cameras as well as making sure they were ordered and out on the shelves.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
sore feet
Great Company
Sulfur and Wet Rock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mulberry, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Mosaic is a rewarding company to work for. Management provides its employees with all the necessary resources to have a successful career.
its a good place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMay 17, 2016
preventive maintenance an repair of all mining equipment

I did a lot teaching and training to mechanics that were classified as mechanics but not mechanics in mining.

management was great except they put supervisors in positions they know nothing about--no chance for advancement ?

to many co-workers are not maintenance workers there very lazy and lax on the job,never got a quote-[-good job]

been in maintenance and supervisor positions is great
Horrible experience
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 23, 2015
I was eager to work here due to "Christian values" however I found that in the Waco, Texas site these values are far from expressed. In Waco there's a Day Habilitation center, foster care, and residential group homes. The Day Habilitation center has a very poor staff to client ratio, often times not the ratio they claim to hold to and be licensed for. It's not uncommon to walk in and see 20 clients to one staff because of a shortage of staff. The clients are supposed to have hourly engagement, but whenever I have walked in there on any given day the low functioning clients are farthest from the staff and only the higher level have interaction. I also find that the level of disrespect from the staff to the clients and to other staff not of their own nationality is just unreal. I was in a training once and all that was said back to the trainer was complete disrespect and rude comments. As a DSA, my experience has been very frustrating. I was trained by someone who did not do anything she was supposed to, expectations for all shifts were not clearly laid out, and there was no teamwork from shift to shift. It was not uncommon for the night shift to do a no-call/no show and management all lives 30+ minutes away, so if you're at work you're stuck for a long time or if you live in town you WILL be called/texted/emailed OFTEN. If you don't respond to interactions on your day off, you get a firm talking to. Also, it is not uncommon to have to transport/supervise clients from other houses that you have never interacted with or be trained on appropriately. It is also common to be expected  more... to take care of clients you have never been trained on, or who you have never interacted with. In these situations, training is in the form of a list of pointers and the bag of meds and you're sent on your way. If you want a day off or days off, good luck. You're constantly told "no, there's not coverage," because there's no staff retention. There's no staff retention because there's no proper training, so staff are either terminated for not meeting unknown expectations, or quit due to the lack of team work. Also, if on the rare occasion you do get off, you will be begged to shorten it, not do it, etc. If you help out and come in for the no shows or for when others have off, be prepared for management to demand you have a day off at a date they pick, redo your scheduled shift (ie come in later, leaver earlier), so that you do not have overtime AT ALL--never mind this is an illegal practice by the federal government employment/labor laws. The benefits sound great with the initial low-level package being "free" but it does not include dental and has a high office co-pay and VERY high deductible. Lastly, the clients are not respected and most of the DSAs you will encounter have no understanding of People First mentality--seeing the person and NOT the disability. The pay is $8.00/hour and you do not get any sort of imbursement if there's an outing--staff pay for themselves.  less
Pros
taking care of others
Cons
labor laws regarding overtime not being followed, lack of training, poor mngmt
Nice people, interesting projects
Illustrator /Motion Graphics Designer (Former Employee) –  Bedminster, NJJune 12, 2015
Mosaic uses a lot of temporary employees to work on projects. The work is interesting and the people I worked with were nice. Since the work is temporary though there are no benefits and no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Flexible work Schedule
Cons
Limited work, no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mosaic. Our community is ready to answer.