Mosaic

Mosaic Employee Reviews

fun workplace to work
DSA (Current Employee) –  Garden City ksSeptember 30, 2015
If your looking for an amazing job mosaic is the place. Management and co-workers area amazing and we all get along. Its fun and you get attached to some of the individuals its a fun experience you learn so much about them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
cant go out for lunch
work with adults that relay on you
DSA (Current Employee) –  DesMoines IA, 50315September 26, 2015
you work with adults that are wanting a meaning full life and you are there to help them with that you get bonds with the people you work with it can be difficult at times but in the end of the day you feel good about helping someone else out
Pros
helping and getting to know get people
Cons
no breaks, need lots of patience
Had to deal with some gossip & some inefficency, still enjoyable from time to time.
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Nevada, IASeptember 25, 2015
Its an average workplace to be a part of. We seem to be generally short handed and there was quite a bit of gossip that traveled around the workplace. I loved working with the clients, always making me smile and always making them smile. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the clients. They were great people.
Pros
working with great people, regular hours
Cons
Gossip, short handed, unmotivated coworkers
Bad Place to work if you want to make it anywhere in the field and they hire a LOT of woarm bodies......
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IASeptember 20, 2015
there are a lot of staff that are there just for the pay check - even though it's not a lot. But will sit on their butt and play on their computer, phone, or read their bible instead of giving a single drop
about the clients.
i absolutely hated this place.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYSeptember 3, 2015
i believe this was one of the worse places I've worked in my entire life. the location i worked at didn't know how to speak to people. she didn't give me the opportunity to learn what i needed to learn. she made it hard to succeed in that location. if i was moved to another location i believe i would have been able to make it further but the higher manager wouldn't let that happen.
My typical day at work...
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dothan, AlabamaSeptember 3, 2015
A typical day at work for me always consisted of talking with management and sales associates. Signage was always to be put up in the store, whether it was for Straight Talk, Xbox or Playstation. That was just part of what I did for the company.
Cons
No stability, hours, benefits and always changed mileage pay
Takes a special person
DSA (Current Employee) –  Macomb, IllinoisAugust 26, 2015
It takes a special person. I love my job but the way things are ran is getting to be a little bit trying at times. We don't make as much as we should for all that we do and we are sometimes asked to work excessive hours.
Great Company
Territory Rep (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 25, 2015
the pay is great, management is great, coworkers are great, I have nothing bad to say about this company, oh yea and great great great benefits
Pros
pay, benifits, managment, coworkers
Cons
great people to work with upper management was horrible.
Habilitation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nevada, IAAugust 25, 2015
They gave me no training. Every time I asked for training they said sure and then nothing happened. No work life balance. People were very over worked. I would never work for this company again.
Pros
pay
Cons
work hours, upper management, no training. culture.
Managed a group home of programs for 7 individuals that reside in the home, along with managed 12 staff
Direct Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Osceola, IAAugust 24, 2015
I would review programs on a daily basis that staff would document in. Manage the clients finances and medical appointment and Mental Health needs. Also was responsible for grocery list and shopping, client activities and their daily needs are being taken care of. Staff schedules, weekly payroll and I was On Call Monday-Fri and every 3 weekend for 3 homes.

The most enjoyable part of this job was making a difference in a person's day to day life. The clients I served had multiple intellectual disabilities. I learned more from them then any class or text book could ever teach me. To see their smiles at the smallest accomplishments meant more to me then a pay raise.

Administration was the hardest part. We were to be a team and the team was what they wanted. My Program Coordinator
resigned and they decided not to replace her. Another person in the organization took over her role and made it clear she did not like me. She waited for me to take a vacation to go into my group home and make changes to the house, schedules and programs. She told staff not to contact me of these changes. When I came back I had staff upset, clients and guardians. I knew it wasn't going to get any better so after a week and being pulled into the assistant administration's office with the new supervisor and another Coordinator with a closed door, I knew it was time that I just leave. I did not give notice.
Pros
Working with the clients each day, Staff, flexible schedules, Meeting client and guardian goals, being involed in setting new goals
Cons
I still had to cover shifts with lack of staff plus complete my office work. Working longs days, Oncall 24/7, not being involved in new client enrollment until the day the client moves in

Want to know more about Mosaic?

Ask a question
One of the most enjoyable jobs I have had to date.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 21, 2015
I would set POG's, straighten product, put up signs, or put out product.
Had to learn new programs on the computer in order to report completed work.
Learned to talk and work with managers at every store I serviced.
Very supportive management who was willing to work with you to solve any problems.
Worked almost every job independently.
Not being to continue doing the job.
Got to help customers whenever possible to answer their questions to the best of my ability.
Pros
Being able to talk to and help customers.
Cons
Having to climb ladders for resets.
Great position bungled by upper management
Microsoft Specialist (Former Employee) –  UndeclaredAugust 15, 2015
The higher ups and the way the company negotiates is simply to make the laborers do more work for a lower end contract. It is inevitable that the company will lose favor with their clients as they do such a horrible job making sure that qualified individuals replace the skilled professionals they let go regularly. I survived 6 such lay offs in my time there and each time high quality employees were replaced with lower paid low skilled individuals, and the workload rose.
Pros
They regularly get good client companies
Cons
The upper management scrambles to cover up things they don't do.
Productive, Knowledge, fun place to work
Direct Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 12, 2015
Each day was a little different. Each day I would have different clients and we would go or do things that they needed to do. For example Doctor appointments, therapy appointments, and going to the zoo or the museum. Management was fantastic, it felt good knowing that the managers trusted the employees enough to manage their time well. Loved my coworkers and the positive attitudes. Hardest part of the job was being able to not let emotions get in the way of the job. Best part of the job is knowing that everyday I make a difference in my clients lives.
Pros
Free outings ( taking clients to movies)
Cons
Driving the companys car
Great company, great people.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 10, 2015
Great company with great people, the work done is very noble. A company that values their employees and offers great benefits.
Rewarding but draining
Direct Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAAugust 5, 2015
It was a rewarding job and I loved spending the time with the clients to help bring fun and laughter in their life. The lack of support and communication was a reoccurring issue that was not fixed. Full time staff hardly received support from PRN staff or supervisors during a crisis.
Pros
Rewarding, Good Benefits, Paid Medication Administration Training.
Cons
Lack of co-worker support and supervisor support
Productive, positive work environment with great coworkers
Samsung Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 29, 2015
A typical day at work is filled with laughs, challenges, and many one on one interactions with customers in need of help with their device. Every day I learn something new just by talking to new customers or training courses that I have completed. The experience is awesome. The management team at Best Buy(where I am located) all work hand in hand with each other and myself. Great group of people and they make the workplace very fun and a positive environment. My co workers are the best people to work with. They are all fun and come from different roots that we can all converse over and have a good time all while being professional. The hardest part of the Job would have to be troubleshooting a device that I have never worked with before but that all comes with the territory and I enjoy doing it. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing and meeting all these new people and learning new stories and traits.
Pros
Great company
Camp Counselor/Mentor
Camp Supervisor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Graham, NCJuly 22, 2015
Enjoyed engaging with the youth and providing quality wisdom to them. I really enjoy being around kids. It was a great job.
Pros
Mentoring
Cons
experienced team to work with
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, KSJuly 19, 2015
It was a fun work place the people are nice and seem to know what to do around there. They need to work on their training program a little more, but they were a good group of people to work with.
Rewarding workplace
Respite Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2015
I assisted a special needs child. I helped him to assist himself with basic daily living. I learned patience and gratitude. The hardest part was trying to potty train a special needs child. I enjoyed watching him grow and try new things.
Pros
Being a part of a loving family
Cons
Communicating
Fun place to work
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 6, 2015
I enjoyed interacting with the clients and helping them live full filling lives. They always brought so much joy into my life.