Mosaic Employee Reviews in United States

Close to home. good pay. easy job
Experienced Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MANovember 25, 2015
i liked working close to home with friends, the management there was absolutely terrible. People were fired and quitting left and right simply because of the management.
Pros
great pay
Cons
terrible management
It was a good job experience
Job Training (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSNovember 6, 2015
I would go in clean the residents rooms for them before they got to the facility. warm up there meals for the residents so they can eat there meals. I would also interact with clients on outings as well.
Treated me right
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 2, 2015
The company has done alright by me , I was just looking for some PRN positions to make a little extra money. My manager has been a far person to work for and I am able to talk freely with the management. It is possible to advance with the company and more and more oportunities keep opening up for the workers.
Well established Company, with good benefits and pay
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 27, 2015
Mosaic is a well established company, that does a lot for its employees as well as the community. they put a lot of effort into land conservation, community affairs, as well as charity benefits.
Pros
rotating shifts allow for a flexible work schedule and many days off.
Cons
12 hour shifts get long, and rotating days and nights takes a toll on your body and sleep patterns
good place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Garden City, KSOctober 27, 2015
Its a good place to work if your there for the clients and your a caring person. You learn new things everyday. The end of the day you are like wow didn't know that. My enjoyable part of my job is seeing the clients happy..
Pros
making a difference everday in some one life
Cons
always staff turn over
great fun
Samsung Rep (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 26, 2015
Engage customers help them with set up of new Samsung products be there with them for the life of their product. exciting environment great pay and fun
new job feeling
Samsung Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAOctober 24, 2015
I enjoy working on the team at Mosaic. I am willing to go back. Hope my next job team will be as great as they were. Mosaic give me the chance to work on my leadership role. I had time to strengthen my skill on a hole. The next job I get I know my work ethic will be greater then ever.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
Pay
Horrible experience
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 23, 2015
I was eager to work here due to "Christian values" however I found that in the Waco, Texas site these values are far from expressed. In Waco there's a Day Habilitation center, foster care, and residential group homes. The Day Habilitation center has a very poor staff to client ratio, often times not the ratio they claim to hold to and be licensed for. It's not uncommon to walk in and see 20 clients to one staff because of a shortage of staff. The clients are supposed to have hourly engagement, but whenever I have walked in there on any given day the low functioning clients are farthest from the staff and only the higher level have interaction. I also find that the level of disrespect from the staff to the clients and to other staff not of their own nationality is just unreal. I was in a training once and all that was said back to the trainer was complete disrespect and rude comments. As a DSA, my experience has been very frustrating. I was trained by someone who did not do anything she was supposed to, expectations for all shifts were not clearly laid out, and there was no teamwork from shift to shift. It was not uncommon for the night shift to do a no-call/no show and management all lives 30+ minutes away, so if you're at work you're stuck for a long time or if you live in town you WILL be called/texted/emailed OFTEN. If you don't respond to interactions on your day off, you get a firm talking to. Also, it is not uncommon to have to transport/supervise clients from other houses that you have never interacted with or be trained on appropriately. It is also common to be expected  more... to take care of clients you have never been trained on, or who you have never interacted with. In these situations, training is in the form of a list of pointers and the bag of meds and you're sent on your way. If you want a day off or days off, good luck. You're constantly told "no, there's not coverage," because there's no staff retention. There's no staff retention because there's no proper training, so staff are either terminated for not meeting unknown expectations, or quit due to the lack of team work. Also, if on the rare occasion you do get off, you will be begged to shorten it, not do it, etc. If you help out and come in for the no shows or for when others have off, be prepared for management to demand you have a day off at a date they pick, redo your scheduled shift (ie come in later, leaver earlier), so that you do not have overtime AT ALL--never mind this is an illegal practice by the federal government employment/labor laws. The benefits sound great with the initial low-level package being "free" but it does not include dental and has a high office co-pay and VERY high deductible. Lastly, the clients are not respected and most of the DSAs you will encounter have no understanding of People First mentality--seeing the person and NOT the disability. The pay is $8.00/hour and you do not get any sort of imbursement if there's an outing--staff pay for themselves.  less
Pros
taking care of others
Cons
labor laws regarding overtime not being followed, lack of training, poor mngmt
The people are wonderful
House Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 12, 2015
I like work with the people trying to help learn was really funny and helpful. I learned to be patient with each individual and continued to gain knowledge. I did get alone with all my co-workers, however Mosaic did have a problem with the hiring process because of people not knowing about us. We usually hired people who, didn't care about the person just the money. This was hard because people would come to work late and you'd ended up stay they until they arrive or you end up covering they shift. Mosaic didn't have plan for this at all.
Pros
show up late
Cons
helping people learn
Lacking Focus...
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEOctober 10, 2015
The ability to work with individuals and watch them advance and grow in their lives is an amazing gift. To see the progress an individual makes while under your care is awe inspiring.

Sadly, at Mosaic, you don't get to experience that. It runs on a culture of lies, threats, and intimidation.

If you were allowed to just work with individuals, not having to deal with anything else, it would be amazing. Unfortunately the drama involved from co-workers and management out weighs that and ruins the experience.

Managers with no knowledge or skill are hired and then quit on a regular basis. Managers who are hired based not on skill or ability, but on if they will adhere and kiss the rears of the Grand Island management team.

Like being yelled at for things you didn't do? Apply ay Mosaic. Enjoy having your job threatened at every turn? Mosaic is for you. High school level drama from not just co-workers but managers as well? Hello, Mosaic! Watch good, hard working, dedicated people run out the door or forced to leave while terrible workers get to stay to cause problems? Mosaic wants you.
Pros
Core aspect of the job can be rewarding. Decent starting pay. Excellent benefits and paid time off.
Cons
The people, the culture, the atmosphere, mismanagement, drama, soul crushing, life draining.
Great place to work and learn new Skills
DSA (Current Employee) –  Kansas city KSOctober 8, 2015
I love my job . i take care of three people with cerebral Palsy, very easy going i help with there home duties . cleaning cooking passing medication and help with range of motion . work well with other co workers . i enjoy getting to know my clients one on one .
Pros
Fun and calm
Cons
not enough staff
fun workplace to work
DSA (Current Employee) –  Garden City ksSeptember 30, 2015
If your looking for an amazing job mosaic is the place. Management and co-workers area amazing and we all get along. Its fun and you get attached to some of the individuals its a fun experience you learn so much about them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
cant go out for lunch
work with adults that relay on you
DSA (Current Employee) –  DesMoines IA, 50315September 26, 2015
you work with adults that are wanting a meaning full life and you are there to help them with that you get bonds with the people you work with it can be difficult at times but in the end of the day you feel good about helping someone else out
Pros
helping and getting to know get people
Cons
no breaks, need lots of patience
Had to deal with some gossip & some inefficency, still enjoyable from time to time.
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Nevada, IASeptember 25, 2015
Its an average workplace to be a part of. We seem to be generally short handed and there was quite a bit of gossip that traveled around the workplace. I loved working with the clients, always making me smile and always making them smile. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the clients. They were great people.
Pros
working with great people, regular hours
Cons
Gossip, short handed, unmotivated coworkers
Bad Place to work if you want to make it anywhere in the field and they hire a LOT of woarm bodies......
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IASeptember 20, 2015
there are a lot of staff that are there just for the pay check - even though it's not a lot. But will sit on their butt and play on their computer, phone, or read their bible instead of giving a single drop
about the clients.
i absolutely hated this place.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYSeptember 3, 2015
i believe this was one of the worse places I've worked in my entire life. the location i worked at didn't know how to speak to people. she didn't give me the opportunity to learn what i needed to learn. she made it hard to succeed in that location. if i was moved to another location i believe i would have been able to make it further but the higher manager wouldn't let that happen.
My typical day at work...
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dothan, AlabamaSeptember 3, 2015
A typical day at work for me always consisted of talking with management and sales associates. Signage was always to be put up in the store, whether it was for Straight Talk, Xbox or Playstation. That was just part of what I did for the company.
Cons
No stability, hours, benefits and always changed mileage pay
Great place to work in Florida and outside the Food and Beverage industry!
Controls, Automation and Networking Expert (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLAugust 27, 2015
Constantly managing all of the control systems on site. Hourly I'm in the PLC code adding, correcting, adjusting or troubleshooting issues. Programming from scratch any and all control changes for capital projects, control modifications to existing systems or simple loop tuning for PID controllers. Taking on projects for expansion or improvements. Work / Life flow is great and Supervision encourages volunteering and community involvement.

Helping the Production personnel and Electrical maintenance teams are interesting, challenging, and rewarding.
Pros
Annual Bonuses, covered parking, free uniform services, expense account, quarterly lunchions...
Cons
Pay scale, must wear ugly uniforms, commute to work is 1.5 hours
Takes a special person
DSA (Current Employee) –  Macomb, IllinoisAugust 26, 2015
It takes a special person. I love my job but the way things are ran is getting to be a little bit trying at times. We don't make as much as we should for all that we do and we are sometimes asked to work excessive hours.
Great Company
Territory Rep (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 25, 2015
the pay is great, management is great, coworkers are great, I have nothing bad to say about this company, oh yea and great great great benefits
Pros
pay, benifits, managment, coworkers