Mosaic Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Level II Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDOctober 3, 2017
This location offers a lot to their clients. The clients are happy and active. As an intern there I was assisted in all aspects of the administrations and implementations of activities.
different job positions
Samsung Consultant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 3, 2017
different job categories of jobs positions available at different locations that allows you to adapt to new work environments and trainings traveling may also be included
Cutthroat work place
Phosphate Miner (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, FLOctober 3, 2017
If you're not a part of that God ole boy group of guys then you won't advance. They especially don't like for any minorities to progress within the company.
Great pay as host home provider
Host Home Provider (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NESeptember 29, 2017
As host home provider it was great pay, but there was very limited opportunity to get anyone to do respite for me if I had an emergency or some trip I wanted to take. time off was difficult to get.
Management was varied...hopefully you get a good one...but there are no guarantees.2 of my managers were great...the last 1 was terrible...lack of good communication.
It was great helping the clients and teaching them daily living skills and see them advance.
Pros
pay
Cons
getting time off, no paid time. Had to pay someone to give respite.
Restaurant
Co-Owner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2017
Everybody knew what to do.
Food was good.
Superb ambiance.
There was a team.
Customers felt at home.
Any health inspection was positive.
The landlord wanted to raise the rent and divide the restaurant in 3: we ended up closing.
Pros
Food. Easy work.
Cons
The manager was too nice.
Good
Contractor/Internship (Former Employee) –  Uncle Sam, LASeptember 27, 2017
When I started you wanted to come to work now I can't wait to leave if you have a good idea don't share it, save you the rejection, if you don't like management stay away your going to see them often, they have allowed HR, to run the place. Going under soon run as fast and as hard as you can
A good place to gain customer service experience
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2017
Compared to other companies in the industry I feel like they are as good as any. Although my time there was not as long as I would have preferred, I enjoyed the experience
Caring staff for those who need it the most
Certified Medication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NESeptember 25, 2017
Helping clients get out into the community to achieve all the same rights anyone else has. Medication distribution, volunteer work and always striving to be the best you, you can be.
Pros
The people
Loved the clients
Direct Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 20, 2017
I loved the clients and loved the love that everyone had for the clients, the office was very unorganized and the people in some of the houses work in a heirarchy when really they had the same position as you
Review of Mosaic
DSA (Current Employee) –  NESeptember 15, 2017
Rewarding environment each day while being able to assist individuals to be the best they can be. Flexibility in schedule if emergencies come up at any time.
Lack of staff, lack of discipline, not enough pay for what you actually have to do
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 15, 2017
You have a high stress day of caring for individuals with disabilities and the off chance that you are put in a high behavior home you have the 'opportunity' to be abused by the clients and their are no repercussions to them for their actions. If you are put in a low behavior you will have a much better work experience. There is such a lack of staff that your hours are never what they are supposed to be. In all honesty for the amount of work and mental stress we are to put up with in this line of work the pay is insufficient to say the least.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
insufficient pay, unpredictable clients
Love My Job But Takes Over Life
DSA/MA (Current Employee) –  Axtell, NESeptember 15, 2017
As indicated, I love my job at Mosaic. I enjoy working with the individuals I serve and while it's still short staffed, the teamwork is great. However, it takes over my life and I find that I have no time to do anything for myself. I'm tired on my days off and I call in sick because there seems to be no one who can replace me when needed due to everyone else on over time. I work at least 8-10 hours a day and I take no real breaks although I am supposed to have 2- 15 minute breaks and a lunch break of 30 minutes. I enjoy my job but I can't keep this up. And it breaks my heart...
Pros
Working with individuals, teaching them, learning about their likes and dislikes and applying that knowledge out in the "real world", It's really humanitarian, You also get free meals if there's enough food.
Cons
Short to no breaks, short of staff but it's healthcare.
Great company to work for!
Samsung Expert Consultant (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLSeptember 13, 2017
Great place to work. If you are a student their hours are flexible and their compensation is great. The only advice I have would be to keep in mind that this is a sales job no matter what tittle is given to you. They pay very well for the amount of work that you do.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great pay.
Cons
some times management can be a bit disconnected from the front line.
Love the clients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 11, 2017
I loved working with the clients and being able to take clients to outings. Helping them with their daily life. Making sure all needs are meant and taking care of.
Pros
Cons
Not good leadership
Fast-paced, unstructured environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 9, 2017
Absolutely without a doubt needs more than 1 nurse. Impossible to perform job duties to satisfaction. Extremely stressful, enormous amount of paperwork. I did appreciate my immediate boss. She did go to bat for me when required. I feel there needs to be something in place to protect an RN's license. Loved the clients and the people I worked with. Will always hold fond spot in my heart for them. I appreciated the kind support from the State Surveyors. There was however poor communication all the way around. Found out important things at the last minute, very frustrating. If there was at least a part time nurse to help it would be a very pleasant place to work.
Pros
co-workers, clients. Great support with Human Resouce department.
Cons
Paperwork, not enough time to complete tasks, too many interruptions, poor communications.
Direct care
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 8, 2017
Direct care for developmentally/intellectually disabled adults. Daily care and interactions with clients and their families. Mostly worked in a group home. Great potential to make big difference in people's lives.
It Seem very Productive
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, KS 67439August 31, 2017
It seemed a little more fast paced at this job but it was a good thing. management now they were trying but they were short staffed as it was. the hardest part of the job was to see who was going to be picky out of the clients the fun part is when we get to go have fun with them.
Pros
getting to see them happy
Cons
that their are not enough people to work
Fun enviornment
DIRECT SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 30, 2017
Mosaic has a fun enviorment. It offers the induvidual to interact with others in a meaningful way. You hear to know people on a first name. There are very few opportunities
Engineering Technician (Mechanical) (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 28, 2017
Great people, atmosphere, and management are great, good opportunities to move around. Great work schedule, great benefits, and pay. Lots of paid for education by the company.
Very stressful place to work
Assistant Direct Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, CTAugust 27, 2017
Manager that oversees her houses is a bully and likes to threaten your job. Used to enjoy my job the lack of leadership and cometary is very bad. The individuals that I serve are total assist and the management team never listens to the staff that work and take care of them everyday. Basically management doesn't back up staff at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mosaic. Our community is ready to answer.