Mosaic

Mosaic Employee Reviews

Decent third party employer with little job advancement opportunity
Samsung Experience Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Northeast DetroitApril 7, 2015
I have worked for Mosaic for over two years representing Samsung Experience Stores within Best Buy. I have absolutely loved my position until a change in management brought about a complete dictatorship direction within the program.
Up until now I would have explained my job as a combination of expertise, sales and fun but that mentality is now changed to an immediate necessity to find other employment.
Pros
Fun work environment with a genuine sense of accomplishment
Cons
New upper management is clueless to what we actually do.
great job
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 27, 2015
Meet a lot of people. Work included a lot of driving from one Wal-Mart to another. Serviced 3 Wal-Marts in the electronics dept. making sure they were up to date on the gaming systems (play station, Xbox and WII) and the games played on them. Also traveled to other Wal-Mart to help out when needed. Had to be a self starter and stay motivated all day. The hardest part of the job was all the miles I put on my car and the repairs to keep it on the road.
Pros
Job could be worked around life happenings
Cons
Very hard on my car.
The promise was great, but the reality left a little to be desired
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 30, 2013
Lots of talent in this organization and there were moments when I really liked working there.

There seems to be different rules for different people in terms of flexibility and expectations. It is possible to have a great working experience at Mosaic with some of the many highly talented people working there.

I made friends with many people there. They are good people with the right intentions and will likely improve their company in the coming months and years.

I sincerely wish them good luck. The work they are doing is important and the rapid growth of the company is a testament to what they are doing correctly.
A forever changing, but warm environment where people care about people.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXFebruary 7, 2012
The Mosaic Center is a non-profit Christian organization that helps women in Angelina County by equipping them with skills needed to enter the job force. Staff members work together with a large volunteer base, local churches, and businesses in helping give these women the means to become self-sufficiency.The committed staff, hand in hand with a strong volunteer base, have created an environment that is conducive to building confidence and setting goals for a more promising future.
Pros
staff works well together, see positive changes in clients' lives
productive and enjoyable, loved working with co-workers and clients
Independent Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 8, 2014
I typically worked 50-60hrs/week, working both in the office and out, making visits to home to ensure that clients needs were being met. Help develop program for clients to ensure that they have the most effective and enjoyable life, per their needs. The management was awesome....one that used every opportunity to teach, listen and support. I go along with all co-workers, we worked well as a team. The hardest part of my job was loosing the clients and the most enjoyable was learning humility from the clients.
Pros
life giving, love, productive, supportive
Cons
loosing clients
Recognize hard work, timely, and organized
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2014
Mosaic was very timely by organizing my work information quickly. One time, the company had a mistake with paychecks being mailed out. Rather than sending them the normal way, Mosaic mailed my check to me via FedEx Express. This was very impressive to me. I received my check on the day it was originally due. My manager at the time was also very organized. My promotional kits were prepared before my events. If I did any extra work, Mosaic would compensate me for my time. Also, the company awarded me for excellent performance. Excellent company!
Pros
timely, excellent benefits
Cons
no negative experiences for me
Managing relationships and developing talent for sales
Lead Samsung Experience Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2015
I am the manager of the location, and develop a team of 3 sales peoeple. Also building relationships with Best Buy upper management to increase Samsung visibility/product knowledge in order to sell more.

I'm responsibile for product training of employees, scheduling, hour budget, goal setting, merchandising delegation, etc.

The job is easy, not much room for growth and development. I need a challenge. My experience is vast, I can offer much more to a company needing market-wide impact, not just one location.
Disposable employees
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 29, 2012
I had the pleasure of "advancing" up the chain of responsibility within Mosaic after only a month of work. Basically I went from stocking shelves at a large retailer to telling people how to stock shelves. I was disgusted at the treatment of low level workers. Other management staff engaged in the practice of firing individuals for reasons that were personal or arbitrary in nature regardless of the individuals ability to perform assigned work. Wouldn't recommend this organization to anyone looking for work.
Cons
under trained management, over worked employees, no benefits
interesting to be updated for new game releases.
Field Specialist for Merchandising Video Games (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 30, 2012
Tuesday is Launch day when new games come out and it's necessary to be certain they are out, displayed for purchase with all the proper signage. Sometimes, it is necessary to have a midnite visit on Monday night to be certain it's available at 12:01 on that specific Tuesday. My Thursday visits are called Maintenance where it's ensured that the product is truly available for the public to purchase.
Pros
great flexibility in the schedule
Cons
no health/dental benefits or full time potential
I loved working for Mosaic
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IAJanuary 3, 2014
The clients that I worked with needed a voice to express themselves. As a Direct support staff, I was able to be that voice for them. I would assist them in getting dress, eating, and meeting their daily activities. The biggest joy for me was when they were expressing their personalities through their hobbies, and their daily habits. For instance, this elderly woman, she enjoyed being in her wheel-chair, and listening to music, this made her smiled a lot!
Pros
is like being in a house with family
Cons
company needed staff; employed anybody almost.
Productive Human Service Responsibilities
Certified Medication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 14, 2012
Manage various complex tasks for various business processes and perform various audits and provide training to all staff members and develop and maintain effective relations with all individuals and provide required support for same.

Supervise efficient working of all individuals and provide personal care to various employees and ensure compliance to all objectives as per service plan and coordinate with treatment team and ensure compliance to all corporate standards.

Provide support to all individuals and assist in everyday activities and coordinate with program team members to implement Individual Service plans effectively and recommend modification if required and facilitate all community activities.
Pros
new facilities
Cons
lack of communication/teamwork
Produtive and friendly
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSJune 25, 2012
Work with intellectual disabled adults to help them live normal lives. Help them budget their money, grogery shop, clean and cook. My individuals taught me a lot about life and how we can't take things for granted. managemnt and my co-workers were great. Always there when you needed help and always willing to help. Hardest part of the job, well I don't really know. The most enjoyable part of the job was just working with the individuals and making a difference in their lives.
Stable employer
TERRITORY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 8, 2015
Work varies from week to week. Some weeks have very low hours and other weeks can be very busy. I complete various call reports on a tablet. Some days I am working grocery, stocking and auditing merchandise other days I am working in electronics, stocking, auditing and building new displays or placing new signage. Work is mainly done independently with very little interaction with fellow employees. I work hand in hand with store management and associates to get tasks completed.
Pros
ever changing tasks can create a challenging environment
Cons
work is inconsistent and few benefits
Very rewarding place to work
Direct Support Personnel (Current Employee) –  Garden City, KSNovember 25, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients and the bond that is made with them. The hardest part of the job is the physical aspect of some of the work. The turnover rate is very high and so I am working alot of times by myself and it can be stressful. I have learned that love comes in all forms from all types of people. The clients love you for no reason at all, just because of who you are and because you show up for them everyday. Falling in love with them was very easy and surprising.
Overall Enjoyable and rewarding job
Certified Medication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJuly 15, 2014
Despite some management issues and behavioral problems, working for Mosaic was a extremely fun experience. Definitely for someone who enjoys a very fast work pace and a chance to further your experience in the caregiving world. Perfect way to work with one of a kind individuals with amazing personalities and genuine co-workers that make everyday interesting.
Pros
free meals, chances to move outside and take individuals to fun places, fair pay.
Cons
communication could be better
serious atmosphere
samsung experience consultant (Former Employee) –  charlottesville vaMay 14, 2015
a good position with good pay. but its all about how much effort you put into it. give it 120% and it will give back 120%

your working for Samsung, not Best Buy, so there is a bit of freedom when you compare yourself to a regular best buy employee. but that also gives you more room for criticism. if your friendly with everyone then you can do good work
Pros
advanced knowledge on upcoming devices
Cons
inconsistent breaks, normally interrupted
Great way to meet new people.
Team lead/Promo Model (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 3, 2014
Working with Mosaic has been a great opportunity. A typical day includes engaging with people and offering them sample of product while giving them information about it. They enviornemt is relaxed and the people I work with are amazing. The hardest part about my job is having consistent work and standing in heels for 6+ hours. The best part is seeing new places and meeting new people
Pros
2 hour events with maybe 3 events a day, great pay, and easy job
Cons
not enough work.
Caring home
Direct Support Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Axtell, NENovember 1, 2012
Everyday i went to work their at 6:30 am got the residence up and ready for the day help assist with personal needs, took the residence up to the day site help them with their physical thearapy, threw out the day assisted with needs. When we needed to assist a patient we would work as a team and help one another. I would say the hardest part of the job was loosing people. The best part of the job was knowing i was making a difference in someones life.
Pros
making a difference in someones life
Cons
not alot of time with children
I left working feeling a self fullfillment that I made great changes in someones life.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, ILJanuary 7, 2015
The hours were split shifts, meaning you work a few hours in the morning went home for a few hours and then went back to work to finish your shift.
I learned compassion, patience, and different ways to communicate.
My co-workers were great!
The hardest part of this job was occasionally having to deal with difficult and draining individuals.
All in all the most enjoyable part of the job was the people you cared for.
working with intellectually disabled people is satisfactory
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTSeptember 6, 2012
Assist intellectually disable with daily living aspects and activities of health, safety and emotional support.
My co-workers were wonderful since we helped each other in all aspects of the job to ensure the intellectually disabled received the proper care.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the intellectually disabled within their community
Pros
helping the individuals to achieve their personal outcomes that were important to them
Cons
only worked their for 5 weeks before breaking ankle