Mosaic Employee Reviews in United States

Treated me right
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 2, 2015
The company has done alright by me , I was just looking for some PRN positions to make a little extra money. My manager has been a far person to work for and I am able to talk freely with the management. It is possible to advance with the company and more and more oportunities keep opening up for the workers.
Fortune 500 co, always looking to improve.
CHEMICAL OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJuly 25, 2013
Tour operating areas routinely to monitor process Take samples and perform analytical work. Troubleshoot chemical process systems to ensure functioning within established limits. Report all Maintenance or equipment problems to Management, Work closely with team members to include good communication. Long hours to include 12 hour rotating shifts. But overall good pay and benefits.
Pros
quaterly cook-outs always good company up-dates
Cons
just prepare for long hours.
The people are wonderful
House Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 12, 2015
I like work with the people trying to help learn was really funny and helpful. I learned to be patient with each individual and continued to gain knowledge. I did get alone with all my co-workers, however Mosaic did have a problem with the hiring process because of people not knowing about us. We usually hired people who, didn't care about the person just the money. This was hard because people would come to work late and you'd ended up stay they until they arrive or you end up covering they shift. Mosaic didn't have plan for this at all.
Pros
show up late
Cons
helping people learn
Disposable employees
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 29, 2012
I had the pleasure of "advancing" up the chain of responsibility within Mosaic after only a month of work. Basically I went from stocking shelves at a large retailer to telling people how to stock shelves. I was disgusted at the treatment of low level workers. Other management staff engaged in the practice of firing individuals for reasons that were personal or arbitrary in nature regardless of the individuals ability to perform assigned work. Wouldn't recommend this organization to anyone looking for work.
Cons
under trained management, over worked employees, no benefits
Productive, Knowledge, fun place to work
Direct Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 12, 2015
Each day was a little different. Each day I would have different clients and we would go or do things that they needed to do. For example Doctor appointments, therapy appointments, and going to the zoo or the museum. Management was fantastic, it felt good knowing that the managers trusted the employees enough to manage their time well. Loved my coworkers and the positive attitudes. Hardest part of the job was being able to not let emotions get in the way of the job. Best part of the job is knowing that everyday I make a difference in my clients lives.
Pros
Free outings ( taking clients to movies)
Cons
Driving the companys car
Great position bungled by upper management
Microsoft Specialist (Former Employee) –  UndeclaredAugust 15, 2015
The higher ups and the way the company negotiates is simply to make the laborers do more work for a lower end contract. It is inevitable that the company will lose favor with their clients as they do such a horrible job making sure that qualified individuals replace the skilled professionals they let go regularly. I survived 6 such lay offs in my time there and each time high quality employees were replaced with lower paid low skilled individuals, and the workload rose.
Pros
They regularly get good client companies
Cons
The upper management scrambles to cover up things they don't do.
Productive, positive work environment with great coworkers
Samsung Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 29, 2015
A typical day at work is filled with laughs, challenges, and many one on one interactions with customers in need of help with their device. Every day I learn something new just by talking to new customers or training courses that I have completed. The experience is awesome. The management team at Best Buy(where I am located) all work hand in hand with each other and myself. Great group of people and they make the workplace very fun and a positive environment. My co workers are the best people to work with. They are all fun and come from different roots that we can all converse over and have a good time all while being professional. The hardest part of the Job would have to be troubleshooting a device that I have never worked with before but that all comes with the territory and I enjoy doing it. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing and meeting all these new people and learning new stories and traits.
Pros
Great company
Cons
One of the most enjoyable jobs I have had to date.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 21, 2015
I would set POG's, straighten product, put up signs, or put out product.
Had to learn new programs on the computer in order to report completed work.
Learned to talk and work with managers at every store I serviced.
Very supportive management who was willing to work with you to solve any problems.
Worked almost every job independently.
Not being to continue doing the job.
Got to help customers whenever possible to answer their questions to the best of my ability.
Pros
Being able to talk to and help customers.
Cons
Having to climb ladders for resets.
It was a fun work place
Sales Associate/Essay (Former Employee) –  Cameron, WIMarch 30, 2014
When I got into work I would start with the payments of the day. Then after that it would be helping customers with anything from paying there bill to helping them get cable,internet,telephone and a cell phone. I learned new systems that they had and how to sell new products that I have not sold before. I loved working with my co-workers they taught me so much about the busness. The hardest part about the job was learning the new systems. I enjoyed working with new customers and with my co-works
Pros
it was first shift and had good benefits
Cons
i would have to say there was no cons about this job
This was a great place to work
DIRECT SUPPORT ASSOCIATE/MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMDecember 23, 2015
it is just like working at dungarvin. Dungarvin bought this company out so Mosaic is no longer in business in the Farmington area. However, it was awesome working here. The individuals and the staff were great people to work with everyday.
Great place to work in Florida and outside the Food and Beverage industry!
Controls, Automation and Networking Expert (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLAugust 27, 2015
Constantly managing all of the control systems on site. Hourly I'm in the PLC code adding, correcting, adjusting or troubleshooting issues. Programming from scratch any and all control changes for capital projects, control modifications to existing systems or simple loop tuning for PID controllers. Taking on projects for expansion or improvements. Work / Life flow is great and Supervision encourages volunteering and community involvement.

Helping the Production personnel and Electrical maintenance teams are interesting, challenging, and rewarding.
Pros
Annual Bonuses, covered parking, free uniform services, expense account, quarterly lunchions...
Cons
Pay scale, must wear ugly uniforms, commute to work is 1.5 hours
interesting to be updated for new game releases.
Field Specialist for Merchandising Video Games (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 30, 2012
Tuesday is Launch day when new games come out and it's necessary to be certain they are out, displayed for purchase with all the proper signage. Sometimes, it is necessary to have a midnite visit on Monday night to be certain it's available at 12:01 on that specific Tuesday. My Thursday visits are called Maintenance where it's ensured that the product is truly available for the public to purchase.
Pros
great flexibility in the schedule
Cons
no health/dental benefits or full time potential
Highly challenging, fast paced work environment...
Mine Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hookers PrarieApril 17, 2015
Large company comprised of several different operations and locations; US, Canada, and overseas. Operations are 24hrs with 12 hour shifts; except management staff and major holidays. Management operations usually begin with a 6:30 meeting that discuss the previous shift and current day operation outlook for all operations; chemical, mining, maintenance, dredge, and load out. Site safety most usually comprises of a Specialist, a union labor BBS representative, and a safety admin. A specialist will manage and facilitate their sites safety in every capacity. Specialists that do well will urge supervisory staff and union miners to take ownership in their jobs, equipment and personal safety. Mining sites are frequented by MSHA on a fairly regular basis. Mosaic does well to serve surrounding communities and ecosystems by returning the land to its previous beauty as true stewards.
Pros
Frequent employee appreciation luncheons.
Cons
If your dedicated to change, expect long hours.
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILJanuary 9, 2016
Great place to work , very flexible and accommodates your schedule. Just depends on what works for you , this job is not for everyone
Productive and enjoyable place to work at
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Picked up clients from Dayhab and or work, Assisted clients with medications, cooking meal, classes, light house keeping, evening daily skills. Enjoyed working with MHMR clients and my coworkers.
Pros
traveling with clients
Cons
no benefits
Down to earth, proffesional employees with a strong work ethic
Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 19, 2013
I loved working as a contractor at Mosaic. They are an amazing company with great benefits!! A typical day depends on what job you are doing and what the plants needs are for the day. Management is fair and understanding of your needs. Hardest part of the job:not hard if you do your job right. Most enjoyable: the people.
Pros
banquets, lunches, benefits
Cons
no cons
Had to deal with some gossip & some inefficency, still enjoyable from time to time.
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Nevada, IASeptember 25, 2015
Its an average workplace to be a part of. We seem to be generally short handed and there was quite a bit of gossip that traveled around the workplace. I loved working with the clients, always making me smile and always making them smile. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the clients. They were great people.
Pros
working with great people, regular hours
Cons
Gossip, short handed, unmotivated coworkers
Self starter
Field Retail Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 14, 2015
Explain and demonstrate products. Update software. inform customers about our latest and greatest devices. Give them the benefits of the Samsung merchandise.
Pros
independent
Cons
holiday help
Fun, and Encouraging workplace.
Retail Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park ILMarch 12, 2014
Fun and exciting place to work. Meeting tons of new and interesting people. Management is supportive and encouraging, with caring attitude toward all of their employees. Work is not stressful at all and very easy to adapt to. The hardest part of my day is having to leave at the end of my shift.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
not enough benefits/ incentives.
good place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Garden City, KSOctober 27, 2015
Its a good place to work if your there for the clients and your a caring person. You learn new things everyday. The end of the day you are like wow didn't know that. My enjoyable part of my job is seeing the clients happy..
Pros
making a difference everday in some one life
Cons
always staff turn over