Moses Cone Health System Employee Reviews

Not a Good Place to Work
Revenue Cycle (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 29, 2016
I was employed by this company for a few months. Management obviously played favorites and if they decided they didn't like you, you were let go for the smallest infraction, no warning or anything. The lack of training provided was unreal. I was just stuck with someone who repeatedly re-itereated, "I'm not a trainer, so you'll have to figure out for yourself." This was definitely not a good experience, do not leave your current job to work here.
Pros
Employee perks
Cons
Management, short breaks, non-transparency
Very, very busy office/management issues
CMA/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 24, 2016
I work in a very large speciality practice owned by Cone. The employees are pushed to the breaking point with high patient volume and work loads. CMA's are treated as robots, more and more. Heavier and heavier work loads are placed on CMA's to complete rooming and working up patients in a shorter amount of time, with less errors. We are tracked on Epic and watched constantly. There is so much micromanaging going on by upper management, who have no idea what it takes in the day to day clinical operations to be successful practice.
The points system is such a joke. No matter what has happened and you are running late to work or unable to come in due to a family emergency or sick child, they don't care. You get penalized by the points system. So if you have children or elderly parents to care for watch out, unfortunately it is very easy to lose your job due to points. It doesn't matter if you are the hardest or best worker there, they will fire you in a heartbeat!
Pros
Lunch and learns. Coworkers
Cons
Rarely time for breaks or lunch. Unrealistic expectations of employees.
Just find something else
RN (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 3, 2016
I wish I had read the reviews on this place before accepting a job there. Management plays favorites, encourages rumors and bullying. Speaking up for yourself puts a target on your back. The younger ones will make your life difficult and management will back them up irregardless of the truth. I have seen a lot in my career but never anyplace like this, thankfully. They even have a class called "Managing Difficult New Hires". So inappropriate, why not make the new ones feel welcomed and valued. Just part of the game to tear down you self-confidence, reputation and self-esteem.
Benefits
Cons
Management does not value their employees
If you are good in your profession stay away
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 2, 2016
Do not go here. Those who do a horrible job are promoted, Those who are well qualified are put down. If they speak up about areas for improvement they will be on track for demotion. Lots and lots of hearsay and disciplinary actions for no reason. But the good people just leave and are scared to stand up for this craziness. I wish people would start reporting things to JCAHO (this is anonymous), NC medical board, NC Department of Health, and any other governing agency that might help.
Cons
Management, low standards
Find something else, anything else.
Imaging Technologist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 25, 2016
Just read many other reviews here. Management plays favorites, and staff are considered disposable. Leadership has said as much in meetings. N ok one is allowed to offer constructive feedback without being targeted by management. In fact, management will fire employees for being negative, even when they are trying to help make things better. They offer cheap gifts from oriental trading company instead of a positive, safe working environment. Staff don't need mirrors and bouncy balls. Staff need reliable leaders, adequate staffing, and responses to issues! Salary is ok for area, not best or worst. Short-sighted, no vision, definitely not a good place to work.
Pros
Cons
Overwhelmingly understaffed, no respect for opinions or ideas, no desire to be better.
MLT Alamance Regional Medical Center Moses Cone
MLT (ASCP) Generalist (Former Employee) –  Alamance Regional Medical CenterJune 19, 2016
High intensity work environment. High turn over. Fast paced. Good co-workers, poor management. They rely heavily on travelers because they cant keep permanent staff on second shift. Over all a good lab with quality lead techs and very nice instruments but just lacks quality management. Very nit picky with reporting work. Can be a very tedious place to work. Micro, Blood Bank, Chem, Heme, UA/Serology/Coag. Galileo Echo, Beckman DxC 660i, Beckman DxH 800, Stago Compact, Viteck Comapct, and Iris.
Pros
job security
Cons
pay, managment
Management is terrible!! Overworked, not appreciated
Respiratory Therapist RRT (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 30, 2016
Employees really don't matter here,easily replaced. They fire staff for no reason, false accusations, if for some reason management doesn't like you, you will be gone. Work loads heavy, short breaks, if any. Clicks, ....Management is the biggest joke!
Cons
MANAGEMENT
i have worked weekends for 6 months and love it
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  wesley long ncMarch 22, 2016
I started receiving benefits from my start date even though I'm part time. I like the people I work with as well as my supervisors. Very fast paced so I have to like that but I do. Best insurance out there
Pros
best insurance even for part timers
Cons
even in a blizzard u would be expected to show up to work
Work place was always manageable. Professional people to work with. Our problems were always taken care of in a decent way.
Nurse Aide, Patient cares (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 1, 2016
I worked with professional co-workers. We treat each other with respect. Our residents are the reason why we work together to make them feel comfortable.
Pros
I like the way we treat each other with respect.
Cons
Sometimes there are not enough time to get task done.
Hiring
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  BrookwoodMarch 16, 2016
Management for Village at Brookwood in Burlington doesn't care about their employees Was better before Cone took over
Best care in the Carolina's
Director, Department 3100 Neurosurgical (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 22, 2016
Moses Cone grew from a hospital to a healthcare system and they provide the best care in the Carolinas. The medical team works very well with the hospital staff.
Pros
amazing care
Cons
location
Food Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Moses Cone is a great place to work, if you can deal with constant change. It is also fair in wages and advancement opportunities.
Life as a CNA with Moses Cone
Certified Nurse Assistant in Nursing Facility (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 3, 2015
Work is very hectic at times especially when co-workers call out and there is no one to put in their place. The patients have to be split up between CNAs making your time with each patient even more shortened. This is not desirable and was the most difficult part of working at Moses Cone. I have a great appreciation for CNAs because we were the ones that did the grunt work. A few nurses were helpful, but for the most part they only dealt with the medication and health care of the patient. We were the ones that fed, bathed, dressed, and cared for the physical aspects of the patient.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Little time for breaks.
Good
Administrative Assistant for OD (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 7, 2016
Great culture, however when they outsourced it took the community feel from the family feel.

I was prompted to be the best to my abilities and reward as such.
Both employees and customers were treated with respect and dignity by the corporation on a daily basis.
STERILE SUPPLY LEAD TECH. (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 1, 2013
We were rewarded with incentives after following the company policy. Treating everyone farely results to upholding its policies. Management was sincered with providing equal benefits to its hard working employees as encentive. Co-workers were commited to meeting the company goals. One has to follow company policy even if you were not happy with that. Equal treatment is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Not a good health system to work for
Former Patient Accounts Rep (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 16, 2015
Cone Health System IS NOT a good company to work for. Too much favoritism and BS goes on at every turn. Especially in the Patient Accounts/Self Pay department. New management got rid of all the previous workers so that they could rebuild the department. They basically put those people out of work and didn't help them find other jobs as promised within the health system. Management and senior leadership lie without cause, are incapable of doing their jobs effectively and are just horrible, horrible people. No decent training programs for the new employees in this area and they'll let you make mistakes but never tell you what you're doing wrong at the time you make the mistake. Instead they let the issues pile up then tell you. Too quick to fire new employees after only a month because they claim the person isn't a "good fit" for the job. Don't even give people time to get adjusted to the job. Karma will come to hit this company in the butt for doing people wrong.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Too many to mention
Excellent team-player environment.
O.R. Material Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 2, 2015
They have great benefits!! Very fast-paced environment due to trauma status. Well patient-oriented as top priority. Can be more employee motivated in next forefront for greatness! Renovations to better serve families has been a delight in competitor zone:))
benefits
Cons
attendance policy: childcare during inclement weather may cost you your job!
Great place to work with professional and caring people
CAPITAL PURCHASING AGENT (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 8, 2012
I checked contract pricing, processed Purchase Orders, verified receipt of equipment with Receiving and resolved invoice discrepancies with Accounts Payable. I prepared RFQs, and expedited orders.
Pros
family oriented with good benefits
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Treats their imaging technologists as disposable
imaging technologist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 26, 2015
You'll see a lot of good to great reviews about Cone Health because it completely depends on who you are and where you are in the "food chain" as to how well you are treated.

Imaging technologists are literally treated as disposable products by Cone Health. Doctors, nurses, office staff, "higher ups" etc. will tell a completely different story because they are treated completely differently.

Management plays favorites, bends the rules for one employee but not another and justifies it by, and I quote: "Director's discretion".

Attractive, young, white females are the status quo across all campuses as far as the imaging depts. are concerned. If you are non-white, male or not an attractive enough white female, you're out of luck. If you don't believe me ask any GTCC graduate that's been through the Cone system. The only white females over 30 in the imaging depts. are the ones who've been there SINCE they were young and attractive 10 to 20-something years ago.

Prejudicial practices are openly practiced against male and/or non-white applicants. They have a "diversity program" which, by their definition, must mean non-whites may occupy any and every kind of lower tier, manual labor job, but the further you go up the skill and pay scale, the whiter and more female the staff gets.

I've been here long enough to see dozens of students come and go, the only ones that seem to get decent hours / positions in the imaging depts. just happen to always be young, white, female and attractive, with the occasional white male thrown in for "diversity's" sake.

A great place to find
  more... yourself a girlfriend or wife if you're a young, single guy...not so much if you're non-white, male and/or unattractive.  less
Pros
good co-workers, fair pay /benefits
Cons
Ineffective / uncaring management, techs. are worthless to them
educational environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro NCJanuary 10, 2013
My day changed due to patient I have learned so much in this position. Daily glucose and EKG testing constant vital signs which would benefit the treatment of chemotherapy and also blood transfusions. Our management was were supportive of our needs and appropriate treatment needed to satisfy patients needs. Co workers were very supportive. The hardest part of this position would have to be the connection within patient staff when residents were nearing the end of life or sudden death. Family like environment . The most enjoyable part of this job would have to include assisting patients with all needs so that they will be healthy enough for discharge.
Pros
insurance team work educational enhancement
Cons
emotional connection with clients

Moses Cone Health System Reviews by Location