Moses Cone Health System

Moses Cone Health System Employer Reviews

great healthcare provider
CLINICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 15, 2014
Very busy, patient oriented, caring place to work. The patient comes first.
Great place
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 29, 2014
Great place
Had my clinical rotations here
Fast-paced environment
Teamwork
Patient Accounting/CCMC Insurance Follow Up Rep
Patient Accounting/CCMC Insurance Follow Up Rep (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 25, 2014
As a Patient Accounting/CCMC Insurance Follow Up Rep, I
acts as a liaison between Moses Cone Health and multiple third party payers.
Initiate contact with the third parties to identify and subsequently resolve obstacles affecting payment.
Analyze account balances for appropriate adjustments according to federal/state laws and hospital preferred provider contracts.
Review third party remittance advises to assure compliance with expected reimbursements and to initiate further action as needed to facilitate full reimbursement.
Respond to third parties requests for further information by communicating with other hospital departments.
Productive, open to new ideas
Patient Placement Associate (Former Employee), Patient PlacementJune 5, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was providing a service to help people.
Had to be a people person
ADMISSIONS SERVICE ASSOCIATE I (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 28, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: stressful situations
Working in the emergency room of a hospital isn't easy. The ability to help people was very rewarding though.
productive, quick thinking person
Security Officer (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 17, 2014
there is no typical day in Security.
learned to be a smart and think quick.
offer support
Medical Assistant for Family Practice (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 4, 2013
The hardest part o being a nurse is having to deal with the bad news patient's receive. Cone offers support to help you deal with these circumstances. You are not alone!
productive work place
Registered Nurse - Neuroscience Unit- 3000 (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 14, 2013
Pros: uniform shop, restaurants and gift shops on campus
MDS Coordinator @ Penn Nursing Center for 4.5 years.
RN staff/charge nurse on the Neurology unit
No matter WHAT the commute may be, DO NOT work for Cone!!
RN (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 2, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management, benefits, budget, planning, pay, intimidation tactics, manipulation of rules
From about the fourth week of full time employment, I noticed something was wrong. From charging you a small fee each pay period to cover your spouse on your health insurance (despite already paying the increased premium) to cashing in your PAL at fractioned amounts, this company does not give a HOOT about its employees. They preach transparency, but lie at every turn. They are so busy trying to look good to the public that they are cheating and abusing their employees. Upper management is completely removed from day to day operations. They allow Nurse managers to 'rule with an iron fist' and they do. There are seldom written warnings, they just fire you. They are allowed to fire you for insubordination, no questions asked. They tell you in staff meetings daily that you should be thankful you have a job and that if you don't like it, you can leave. They boldly intimidate you. They do not extend your benefits. They try not to pay your vacation time. They constantly make mistakes on payroll. Benefits don't start for almost two months (antiquated!!) They got rid of weekend option nurses to save money, then put in new fountains, landscaping and computer systems. Alamance Regional has no idea what they are in for... I wish they could have been warned and joined another system. I read these reviews before I went FT and thought that a few disgruntled employees were over- reacting. I wish I had NEVER worked for this hospital system. Just commute somewhere else where you don't have to be worried about being boldly treated like you are disposable. Hit I-40 in either direction and keep going until you find another healthcare system. ANY other healthcare system but Cone.
Enjoy my job and co-workers
❸ Work as a unit secretary and nursing technician (Current Employee), Womens HospitalJuly 3, 2013
I currently work week ends only with a great group of people.
Productive Place to Work, Great Learning Environment
Senior Database Administrator & Senior Specialist (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 19, 2013
DBA and Server Experience with 8 years of Senior Technical Level Knowledge.
Good Working environment
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: good working environment
Cons: busy site
Very busy office.I learn a lot of skill:great communications,excellent Phlebotomy tasks performing,computer skill.Friendly co-workers
educational environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Greensboro NCJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: insurance team work educational enhancement
Cons: emotional connection with clients
My day changed due to patient I have learned so much in this position. Daily glucose and EKG testing constant vital signs which would benefit the treatment of chemotherapy and also blood transfusions. Our management was were supportive of our needs and appropriate treatment needed to satisfy patients needs. Co workers were very supportive. The hardest part of this position would have to be the connection within patient staff when residents were nearing the end of life or sudden death. Family like environment . The most enjoyable part of this job would have to include assisting patients with all needs so that they will be healthy enough for discharge.
Great concept office
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 7, 2013
Our facility was a great learning environment, very fast paced and efficient in the way we handled billing accounts for our clients.
Both employees and customers were treated with respect and dignity by the corporation on a daily basis.
STERILE SUPPLY LEAD TECH. (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 1, 2013
We were rewarded with incentives after following the company policy. Treating everyone farely results to upholding its policies. Management was sincered with providing equal benefits to its hard working employees as encentive. Co-workers were commited to meeting the company goals. One has to follow company policy even if you were not happy with that. Equal treatment is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 28, 2012
Pros: holiday diners
Cons: points systems
Great place to work, give endless access for continuing education.
Interesting Clinic to work in
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: half day on fridays, hour lunch
Cons: overwhelming amount of responsibilities
The typical week in the clinic was on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays we didn't have patients to see, but there was more than enough paperwork and filing to keep busy for the entire day. On Tuesdays we saw new patients for a half day and there were about 30 patients to see before lunch with only 2 rooms to use because we also saw returning patients and saw approximately 40 through out the day. There wasn't a lot of support for help because I was the only employee other than my supervisor who had meetings and days she took off weekly. The management was ok but didn't really listen to the issues of needing help because there was so much to do. I worked front office, back office, and lab which was the hardest part because I still needed to get everything done in a timely mannor and also it was hard to be sick and able to take scheduled vacation time off. The reasons being is that someone had to be in the office and that if I missed anytime then I would be way behind. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients, I had a good relationship with them and the appreciated the fact that I kept them in mind.
Great internship!
Public Relations / Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2012
I had a wonderful internship experience with this hospital!
Great place to work with professional and caring people
CAPITAL PURCHASING AGENT (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 8, 2012
Pros: family oriented with good benefits
Cons: limited advancement opportunities
I checked contract pricing, processed Purchase Orders, verified receipt of equipment with Receiving and resolved invoice discrepancies with Accounts Payable. I prepared RFQs, and expedited orders.
Unprofessional Environment (to say the least)
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2012
I worked there as a social worker, and I can say that my supervisor was highly unethical and probably should not be practicing PERIOD but especially NOT as a clinical director. I am glad to have moved on BEFORE loosing my license and ending up in court.

About Moses Cone Health System

Cone Health (formerly Moses Cone Health System) serves patients in central North Carolina through five acute and specialty care hospitals – Read more