Moses Taylor Hospital Employee Reviews

Great work place
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 24, 2017
Great work place, Everyone is very friendly. It is a great job - a lot of experience for students especially who are pre-medicine like myself. Such a great clinical experience at Moses Taylor.
Respiratory Therapist RRT- NPS (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 17, 2017
this is dumb that you force people to rate their past employers. I will not rate this company for the 3rd time, sorry. figure out for yourself where you want to work
Great exposure for a first job.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 10, 2017
Work hours were usually very regular.
If more hours were requested they were usually given within a timely fashion.
Direct depost was no issue.
Uniforms were provided.
Medical Transcriptionist
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMarch 23, 2017
Worked here for several years. It was very enjoyable as the work was in-house at an hourly rate. Now that voice recognition, etc, have taken over, transcriptionist jobs are almost exclusively home based.
Nice place to work if you don't want to see your family
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PA 18501March 22, 2017
Don't ever accept a more steady work schedule they promise you the world until you see your paycheck and your pay has dropped. Not to mention if you voice concern with how something is being done you're better off being thrown into a shark tank with how management has their favorites.
Pros
You get experience, nice patients
Cons
No required breaks, terrible management, one of the lowest paid jobs in the hospital, over worked and under paid
Team based environment
Registered Nurse, Telemetry/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PA 18510December 10, 2016
Worked well with nursing staff to complete assignments, provide care to customers. Enjoyed working on orthopedic unit as an aide while attending nursing school, enabling me to learn first hand from the experienced staff at MTH.
Steady and reliabl workplace.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 28, 2016
During my employment here, I enjoyed working with a few different clients with different health care and personal needs. It was here where I decided I wanted to work in the field of health care. so I entered respiratory school.
Management and owners don't take employees into consideration at all.
Emergency Room Registrar (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 22, 2016
Apparently it was much better before CHS took over, but I started working there after the switch.
Nobody cares that after a converting to a new computer system patient care is severely delayed, which just should not happen in an ER. There's been no efforts to rectify this, we're just told to deal with it.

ER bathrooms and floors are filthy. Nurses make rude comments about patients while they are in earshot. The waiting room is constantly brimming with patients waiting to sign in since they got rid of a second registrar for the ER.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Expected to stay late, rude coworkers, uncoordinated registration staff
good place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PA 18510September 13, 2016
friendly atmosphere, strong leadership.mostly work alone with two pharmacists on evening shift. do a lot of problem solving with nursing and pyxis related problems.
very energetic place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 27, 2016
Very nice place to work, learned a lot from every one I worked with, got to experience working in different departments.
Pros
working with Dr's and Nurses
Cons
Productive workplace with advanced training skills provided.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. A typical day of work is hard to describe a typical day of work because for a Respiratory Therapy, your job can change daily. The managers I worked with were great in helping me through tough times. I learned a lot from working there and gained lots of experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients get better and knowing I had a part in their care. I also always got along with my co-workers, which makes for a very enjoyable environment.
Pros
Training and benefits.
Cons
None.
Caring Hospital
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 30, 2016
Moses Taylor Hospital is a 214-bed, acute care hospital with more than 400 physicians on staff and a commitment to providing quality health care that is patient-and community-focused. Busy registering patients, working with skill and professional doctors and nurses.
Pros
Helping patients that is in need of testing and doctors help
Cons
Not able to help someone that is in bad health
Review
RN (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 28, 2016
Benefits and pay not competitive. Most doctors to work with are not friendly. Teamwork is a plus. Have to pay for parking.
Pros
Cons
Difficult physicians, Pay, Benefits
Not preferable
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 11, 2016
Not a great opportunity to work for this place.

Not a ethical background to work with.

Salary is not good.

Not a great place to work for
dietary aide
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 11, 2016
The dietary aide was in charge of running the day to day kitchen operations and also was in charge of serving all of the patients their food.
Great place to work and learn !
L.P.N. Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 8, 2016
Moses Taylor hospital was a great family based employer. There was great learning environment and the ability to diversify in your job .
Patient Access Registrar (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMarch 16, 2016
Great benefits and wonderful team based environment. Working there for two years, the hospital was very accommodating to any requests made.
good
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PADecember 4, 2015
I feel very fortunate to be given the opportunity to work with a very professional group. assist my co-workers when necessary. answer phones pertaining insurancequestions
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
i would have benefited from additional training
Harmony among the employees
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Nursing AdministrationOctober 12, 2015
A decent organizational culture, that keeps all the differences in harmony. I was just an intern there for 21 days;even though it was relatively short period of time, I can tell how nice was the environment and I had a lot of fun and experience.
Good v evil
LPN/Staff nurse Med-Surg/Oncology Unit (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 12, 2015
This is where I began my nursing career, I learned and experienced more then I ever imagined possible. Loved the variety of patients I cared for, the constant turnover that provided something new every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moses Taylor Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Moses Taylor Hospital Reviews by Location