Moss Adams LLP Employee Reviews

Supportive Environment with Excellent Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 11, 2017
Moss Adams is a great place to work if you are interested in Public Accounting. There is not a lot of upward movement for administrative assistants, but a lot of opportunities for exploring various job duties and adding variety to your day. The benefits are great, compensation is decent, and the company puts a lot of emphasis on employee appreciation. It is a generally supportive environment.
Pros
Adidas and Columbia discounts, socials, holiday party, gifts
Cons
Long hours at times, hard to take time off during tax season
Mid Market Accounting firm
Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAJuly 5, 2017
Moss Adams Campbells office is largely specialized in benefit plan audits which results in a busy season that lasts from January through October every year. Management is divided into those who do benefit plans and those who do not, and all require full attentiveness and expect their work to always be a priority. Great culture, being mislead by Management
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 23, 2017
I worked with a good team. Everyone was very knowledgeable and professional. Great location in downtown Seattle that was walking distance to everything.
Pros
Great people to work with and constantly learning new things
Business Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 19, 2017
I have gained a significant amount of knowledge working at Moss Adams and am constantly learning new things. I have developed great relationships both internally and externally. It is definitely a challenging work environment with long hours and it can be difficult to maintain a proper work/life balance.
Pros
Smart and fun people, work events, constantly learning
Cons
Long hours and stressful environment
Worst accounting job to have.
Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 22, 2017
The Irvine Ca office is where I used to work and this office is the worst audit and assurance office to work for. The management team is abusive and will ask you to do 70 hours a week during busy season. They promise you that you only have to do 55 hours but that is full of ****.

Go to the big five and gain relevant experience.
Pros
You get paid and get experience.
Cons
Experience that is worse than the big 5. Rather work for big 5.
Not a very innovative company
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT temp (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 30, 2017
Very conservative environment and no opportunity to be advanced or innovative. No opportunity for advancement.

No concept of work life balance. Not very good at providing resources.

Micromanagement at its finest.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
No work life balance
average review
Experienced Tax Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAJanuary 27, 2017
mid size firm trying to compete with big4, typical day at work similar to all other public accounting firms. Great training program. workplace culture is shifting.
Awesome firm
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2017
This firm really pours into you and your development. They allow you to get great experience and learn a lot, and for the most part everyone is approachable.
Pros
firm culture
Cons
busy season
Very conservative work envinronment and a lot of micro-managing at all levels.
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 12, 2015
Although it's a face-paced environment, it is a very conservative and quiet work environment.

Also, I've noticed there is a lot of micromanaging at all levels. Doesn't matter who you are and what your position, unless you're at the top, it's all over.
Pros
Fast-Paced, company isn't going anywhere, been around for over 100 years.
Cons
Micromanagement and very quiet and conservative work environment.
A great place to work for balance in life
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 20, 2015
I loved my job at Moss Adams and felt that I contributed to the successful coordination of their training sessions. I worked their for 19 years and learned many new rewarding skills while there.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 15, 2015
Great Job Work/Life Balance and paid according to your skills. Always kept busy and a progressive culture. Great people, multi-generational, good pay and great benefits!
Pros
Current and with the times
Cons
Need improvement growth and development
Flexable work-life balance
Application Support Engineer - Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAFebruary 22, 2015
MossAdams has a good work from home policy. The people are good and fair and a pleasure to work with.Partners have a vision for the future.
Pros
Work from home policy
Cons
Based in Seattle, disconnect from the main office
Flexible Culture, Great people
Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 19, 2015
There are great people here and its a great working environment. They truly are flexible with your schedule and want you to have a work/life balance.

The technical training is sub-par compared to BIG 4 but then you get more time for yourself. You can advance quickly if you are entrepreneurial and can manage clients.
Pros
great office environment, flexible, work life balance
Cons
technical training, not many public clients
Highly challenging work
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WANovember 6, 2013
If you are looking for a job that is going to challenge you every single day, then this is the job for you. There are many opportunities to grow and you drive that opportunity. In other words, you don't have to wait for someone to leave at position above you. If you demonstrate the skills and expertise, you will move up.
Great company with work/life balance
Business Experienced Assurance Staff (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 17, 2013
Public accounting can be rough on work/life balance. However, Moss Adams makes it an initiative to make their employees happy by creating a work/life balance. Great place to work.
Friendly staff, Good culture but no Job security.
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2013
Friendly staff, Good culture, great working environment but no Job security.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
no job securities
I loved working for this company and regret my decision to leave still so many years later.
Internal Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 6, 2013
I loved working here and had six happy years...
I made the mistake of listening to family n friends and left for more responsibility and new opportunities.
Very busy and fast paced with lots of personalities...
I did very well with this and rather thrived.
I loved the fact that the firm was large and I got to help many people in a day.
Pros
large firm, fast paced and ability to work independently at my own pace.
Cons
some managers would not comunicate well, and therefore create unnessasary conflict or micromanagement situation.
Wonderful Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 6, 2013
Moss Adams LLP is a wonderful company to work for. I would advise you that if you are entering this company as an admin that you may not feel as "important" as other positions, but the work/life balance and many perks provided makes up for it.
Pros
great company, great people, great leadership
Cons
not a "career" company for admin positions
Moss Adams is a great place to work
Administrative Associate, Health Care (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 16, 2012
For me, there is no typical day. I have to be ready for anything - there are always lots of balls in the air!

The only reason I am considering leaving Moss Adams is that recently my career path has been derailed. I'm not interested in becoming a consultant, but am being steered in that direction. I thrive in the administrative world and prefer staying in that career.
Pros
good benefits, flexible working schedule
Cons
for me, not enough opportunities in the administrative arena
Great
Business Assurance Manager, Senior (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 16, 2012
Challenging and exciting work environment. Great potential for career and professional growth.