Moss Adams

Moss Adams Employer Reviews

if you are not part of the "it" crowd you are out
hr (Former Employee), corporateNovember 22, 2013
Pros: fruit on friday
Cons: management
Worst job. Worst company. Management selfish and short sighted
Good Company to work for
Accoounting Tech (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 24, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduals, competitave pay, great bennifits
The people were great. The atmosphere was enjoyable. I liked being able to ask for help and having some team work when needed.
Great place to grow your career
Manager (Former Employee), Portland, OregonSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: prestigious, good benefits, career opportunity
Cons: long hours, client pressure
Moss Adams is an excellent CPA firm.

It is highly regarded in the west coast markets that the firm serves. Consequently, it is a great place to work if you want to grow your resume quality and set yourself up for a career in industry.

The firm has good benefits, including a lot of nice perks (great office space, fun social activities, pretty decent – more... benefits, excellent PTO policy).

Like any CPA firm, management is decentralized and your experience will vary a lot depending on the partners you work with. However, this adds a lot of flexibility, letting you work with people you enjoy and get a lot of autonomy to build your own client relationships.

I started as a Senior Consultant in the consulting division, and was promoted to Manager. Advancement is available for motivated people. Making partner is tough, but I've seen several deserving individuals do it. While advancement sometimes has a good-old-boy feel, it truly is based on merit (it's just that a lot of that merit involves socialization and culture, which is important).

I ended up leaving the firm to go to industry. I enjoy getting my life back (CPA firms work employees hard!). But I miss the commaderie of Moss Adams, and I am enjoying the bounty of the prestige and reputation that the firm gives to alumni (and, in turn, I'm able to return the favor...) – less