Moss Adams Employee Reviews

Okay
Tax and Business Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 27, 2016
People I met were very fun and great at their jobs.Had fun with all the interns throughout my time interning at Moss Adams.
Awful culture
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 8, 2016
If you are an admin or in HR don't bother, they treat you like second class citizens.

Very misogynist culture.

There are better companies to work for that value their employees.
Varies Department to Department
E-File Assistant/Digitization Project (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2016
Moss Adams was a good place to work in the first department I was placed. The culture varies department to department, but ultimately, the culture is overtly too corporate with some anti-employee sentiment.

My typical day at work involved supporting someone who was technologically mediocre. The work done was tedious and could have been made much less error prone and more efficient through technology. It was also wasteful, as every document was printed, which was unnecessary. I created a streamlined process that eliminated the printing, but the company ignored it. As someone who is skilled and has performed Process Analysis in the past, I thought this was detrimental to the company.

My co-workers were mostly nice, with the occasional person who thought internal customer service wasn't necessary. At one point I was placed in a kitchen with a non-ergonomic desk to do my work. I had to request a desk and finally they moved me back to where I had been all along. Facilities was not accommodating at all.

The most enjoyable part of the position was free snacks and drinks, along with a handful of amazing co-workers who didn't treat me like a contract worker.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks, relaxed dress code, some very good co-workers
Cons
Poor internal customer service, a disregard for contract employees, poor ergonomic setup, failure to adhere to OSHA rules
Absolutely inconsiderate company!
Word Processor (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 27, 2016
I applied for a position w/this company early 2016. Received an email from HR inviting me to take a series of time consuming test in which I passed all tests in the 90-100% range. After testing, I was then invited to interview for a WP position. I interviewed with Moss Adams on six separate occasions! The fourth interview (late evening interview) was with the decision maker (regional manager). To my surprise, the next morning, I received a phone call from the regional HR rep informing me that someone internally raised their hand at the last minute therefore the position was offered to an internal employee. HR then invited me to interview for a position in their SF location (granted I immediately received more testing from HR). The fifth interview with Moss Adams was held several weeks later in their SF location. Bear with me, after interviewing a fifth time, I was asked to interview AGAIN! Ridiculous and inconsiderate! I'm now employed with a great company. However, I just learned that the original position I applied for with Moss Adams is posted again. I wouldn't ever consider working for such an unprofessional and distasteful firm! I'm certain the Walnut Creek regional manager knows exactly who I am! If you're the submissive, low self-esteem, do as I say type person, then by all means apply with Moss Adams. They'll welcome you with open arms.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Low Pay
Good summer internship
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 4, 2016
This was a great position to obtain real-world job experience for the first time (job duties, interaction with coworkers, daily schedule).
Fun and challenging
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 18, 2016
Good place to work with a fun and challenging work environment. Good benefits and work place incentives. Senior management are conservative but very insightful.
Productive and efficient workplace
Assistant/Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2016
Moss Adams is a great place to work! It is a quiet environment where you can get a lot of work done without being disrupted.
Great people to work with, but long hours and stressful
Audit Staff (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAApril 6, 2016
The people here are great. It's a public accounting job but they do care about life/work balance more so than other firms.
This is absolutely the worst company that I've ever worked for!
Senior Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 31, 2016
Stay far away from this firm. They are ruthless, don't care about their employees and turnover is incredibly high. This is slave labor. You will work 7 days a week. You will get harassed as if you weren't carrying your part of the load. You will be constantly harassed about bringing new business into the firm. That's all they care about. The bottom line. It's all a competition with their other offices. Get out! Now! You will have to leave your "human being" at the door once you walk in. They start you out by acting like they are some wonderful, employee-happy company. Within two months, all this will change drastically. If you want a balanced-life, your self-esteem and self worth, this is not the place for you. It's all a fa├žade.
Pros
Cons
Ruthless! Employees are not human- beings, they are slaves.
N/a
Senior HRIS / HR Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 26, 2016
Good flexibility to work from home.
Great effort to make a positive, unique employee work experience.
Everyone is assigned a lap top.
Great place to build a long term career
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 16, 2016
Best accounting firm I've ever worked for. Growth in the Tax Specialty Group offers increased responsibilities and faster advancement than traditional tax or audit. Busy seasons can be challenging at times, but it's worth it in the long run if you're willing to put the work in.
Pros
People and clients
Cons
Need more high performers at staff level
public accounting
Experienced Business Assurance (Auditor) (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CASeptember 23, 2014
there is a good amount to learn in public accounting for advancement in career. multiple busy season going to many companies that are interesting
Pros
learning curve is amazing
Cons
politics
if you are not part of the "it" crowd you are out
hr (Former Employee) –  corporateNovember 22, 2013
Worst job. Worst company. Management selfish and short sighted
Pros
fruit on friday
Cons
management
Good Company to work for
Accoounting Tech (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 24, 2013
The people were great. The atmosphere was enjoyable. I liked being able to ask for help and having some team work when needed.
Pros
flexible scheduals, competitave pay, great bennifits
Great place to grow your career
Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonSeptember 20, 2012
Moss Adams is an excellent CPA firm.

It is highly regarded in the west coast markets that the firm serves. Consequently, it is a great place to work if you want to grow your resume quality and set yourself up for a career in industry.

The firm has good benefits, including a lot of nice perks (great office space, fun social activities, pretty decent benefits, excellent PTO policy).

Like any CPA firm, management is decentralized and your experience will vary a lot depending on the partners you work with. However, this adds a lot of flexibility, letting you work with people you enjoy and get a lot of autonomy to build your own client relationships.

I started as a Senior Consultant in the consulting division, and was promoted to Manager. Advancement is available for motivated people. Making partner is tough, but I've seen several deserving individuals do it. While advancement sometimes has a good-old-boy feel, it truly is based on merit (it's just that a lot of that merit involves socialization and culture, which is important).

I ended up leaving the firm to go to industry. I enjoy getting my life back (CPA firms work employees hard!). But I miss the commaderie of Moss Adams, and I am enjoying the bounty of the prestige and reputation that the firm gives to alumni (and, in turn, I'm able to return the favor...)
Pros
prestigious, good benefits, career opportunity
Cons
long hours, client pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moss Adams. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7