We are searching for a great potential candidate for a pending food service director at a government-owned cafeteria in North Little Rock, AR. This will be a permanent, 11-month position (facility closed about 45 days per year). Please send resume with salary requirements. Starting Salary $38,000- commensurate with experience. Quarterly bonuses also. Mother Daughter is an EOE, Drug-Free Workplace. This position is pending government award.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including, but not limited to, the following.
- Oversees operation of the commercial kitchen and dining hall
-Is the Head Cook for the facility.
- Trains and supervises food service assistants and kitchen helpers
- Responsible for menu development, purchasing, budget; inventory control; staffing and training kitchen assistants
- Responsible for developing on-the-job training
*Responsible for completing employee performance evaluations
*Responsible for setting up inspections with the State of Arkansas
*Must initiate and maintain a Quality Control Plan
- Plans weekly/monthly menus and food orders
- Performs all administrative duties for the dining facility
*Tracks and maintains strictly budgeted food and labor costs
*Makes weekly cash deposits, maintains cash sales and petty cash records
- Idealogy that customer service is the first priority and hires staff with the same goal
Performs, supervises, trains, and implements all aspects of the food service program including:
1. Obtaining needed quantities of food and supplies from storerooms and refrigerators and removes meats and other frozen foods from the freezer to be thawed for future use.
2. Washing, trimming, cooking and seasoning of all required food items.
3. Baking, roasting, broiling or steaming meats, fish and other main dish foods.
4. Determining when food is fully cooked using established guidelines and common sense.
5. Carving portions of meat, fish and fowl for individual servings using the accepted dietary and/or physician's guidelines.
6. Preparing salads, desserts, fruits and vegetables.
- Directs the distribution of food to serving units
- Professionally communicates and interacts with customers
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree or equivalent training with at least two years management experience required. Thorough knowledge of institutional or commercial food service management procedures and practices, knowledge of health and safety requirements, ability to control and manage high volume food service operations, ability to maintain a variety of operating and general records and prepare reports. Microsoft Office knowledge. Must have a valid driver's license.
MUST provide salary requirements with resume/cover letter. Salary commensurate with experience. Work schedule varies, average 52 hours per week. Facility serves three meals per day.