Mother Frances Hospital

Mother Frances Hospital Employer Reviews

No support from upper management whatsoever!
Nurse (Former Employee), TylerJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: aside from upper management i did meet some nice, classy people.
Cons: poor pay, management is uncaring and unsupportive.
I moved from quite a distance to work for TMF. What drew me to the hospital was the faith based concept they try to sell. Some follow this concept and some do not based on the actions they display. I became ill with the flu which I contracted at work. I had further complications after having the flu which caused me to miss work due to illness and following a doctors orders. The only ones whose health matters is the patients. It's ok with them to have sick nurses come to work no matter what they have. To me "do no harm" means just that. It means that a sick nurse shouldn't care for patients with poor immune systems. I was terminated for being sick and missing work even though a doctor told me to stay home and away from hospital patients. I provided a note to management for every incident I had to see a doctor which was about 4-5 times in a 2 month period. So basically, if you want to be treated like you don't matter, this would be the place to work!
every hospital has its pros and cons.
former RN (Former Employee), TylerJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: healthcare, room for advancements, great education opportunities for the staff, dedicated personnel from the houskeeping dept up to the md, s for the most part.
Cons: difficult to communicate with upper level mgmt, few people there for a pay check only.
Like I said there are no hospitals that are perfect in every department, especially when you have a large hospital with over 300 beds and several specialties. This hospital for the most part is a great faith based place to begin or retire at. All ED's have their busy times where waiting is inevitable. TMFHS has implimented a lot of strategies to help w/ this and has a great staff of nurses and providers along w ancillary staff for the most part. As a former employee of a decade I enjoyed my job and felt that I belonged to a great health system.
Too many hospitals in same town
Oncology Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee), Tyler, TXNovember 12, 2014
Too competative and does not put patient first. Cares little for front line staff
Do not apply
Lab assistant (Former Employee), Tyler,txAugust 22, 2014
Cons: they lie
Yes they do lie they will send u email saying they filled the position, and 20 min later it is back on here
Busy Radiology Dept. in a progressive facility.
Staff Radiology Technician (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJune 23, 2014
Much O.R. work, with significant periods of portables and other department workload.
Special place to work, caring staff
Staff Nurse/Oncology Unit (Former Employee), Tyler, TXMay 26, 2014
Pros: great place to learn about cancer and treatment
Cons: some of the staff is not patient with new nurses.
I enjoyed my time here, most of the staff was great to work with, I was a new nurse and needed lots of help. The managing staff worked with me to help me to learn about oncology and patient care
Faith based not taken seriously
Oncology Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee), Tyler, TXApril 12, 2014
Management does not always display core values. staffing ration for critical patients 5:1 or 6:1. Very busy. Sometimes ER patients held in ER for up to 36 hours.
worked there as a unit sec, SN/CNA, GN, and RN
Unit Secretary/SN/GN/RN (Former Employee), Tyler, TXDecember 17, 2013
Pros: excellent experience obtained while obtaining my rn degree
Cons: no complaints about tmfh come to mind
started off on pediatric/urology/oral/maxillary surgery unit, the transferred to ICU step down unit and got floated to ER on mult occasions because noone else liked ER and I didn't mind floating down there. ICU stepdown unit became post cardiac surgery unit and we precepted the staff taking over the unit and then we all were transferred to various ICUs. And I also worked on cardiac units 4E/4W after transferring from ICU.
The best hospital in East Texas
Associate 1- (Former Employee), Tyler, TXSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: as an employee i was invited to most of the social events like bbqs and holiday parties.
Cons: pto, dental and health benefits
Mother frances is one of the best hospitals in east tx. bringing rated the best heart care system. Mother Frances has dedicated a hole addictional building to its heart patients.I was one of the first people to walk its halls giving all employes a tour before cutting the big red ribbin. I was born at this hopital and all three of my sons. The Doctors are the greatest.There where good days and days where you didnt think you would make it.The hardest part of this job whould be the dish room lol.
Did not keep their word.
Nurse Extern, RN (Former Employee), Tyler, TXAugust 26, 2013
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: too, too many!
I worked here while attending college and although the staff we (RN externs) were to report to concerning our schedules was excellent the management above them lied to us. We were used as CNA's mostly then secretaries, house keepers and sitters were promised to receive employment in any department of our interest after we graduated if we stayed for two yrs. So we did not learn RN duties or responsibilities for all our efforts nor were we hired into our dept of interest.. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving.
loved staff
Sitter., Patients Linen Services (Former Employee), Tyler,TxAugust 12, 2013
Pros: good place to work
Cons: great place
Typical day was when it went bye smooth i loved all the patients and staff.
Great Nurses
PCA (Former Employee), 6 OrnelasJuly 29, 2013
Pros: benefits
Great nurses on 6 Ornelas. Hard work but we had a good team. Great place to learn .
Great Place to Work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJune 25, 2013
Working here helped improve my customer service skills on a daily basis. Allowed me to build customer relationships with the patients, which made me look forward to coming to work daily.
Great Teamwork and Values/Standards
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Tyler, TxApril 26, 2013
Pros: ta
Cons: hr and administration not taking care of personnel, neither "family life" nor "school life" oriented
I love what Mother Frances stands for, the patient care is exceptional, however the HR and administration could take better care of their personnel. I loved working as part of a team on my unit, I learned the value of team work and how each persons contribution is of importance, my co workers and I worked exceptionally well as a team and that was the most enjoyable part for me..going to work every day and feeling like I was apart of something huge, something worthwhile.
Fun workplace
Lead Uncertified Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee), Tyler, TXApril 18, 2013
Pros: colleagues
Cons: poor management
Enjoyed working in the operating room and learning about that side of medical.
Good Company with Benefits
Insurance Verification and Precert Specialist (Former Employee), Tyler, TexasJanuary 8, 2013
Fast paced with room for advancement. Managers were good but changed often. Good quality co-workers. Hardest part was amount of verification required per employee.
Spent most of time at this hospital
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJuly 16, 2012
Pros: growth in company, co-workers
Cons: micromanagement
Great experiance, learned alot, from transportation to radiology. Mangament was good, co-workers were really cool, and got to grow at Mother Frances