Motherhood Maternity Employee Reviews in United States

productive work environment
Sales Associate/MSR (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJune 28, 2016
This company gave me a job straight out of high school. You work one person per shift and pretty much do all the work a store manager would do regardless of your position. You input employees hours etc in the system for payroll, you each have a key to the store, do bank deposits, train new employees, do floor plans etc. However there is rarely room for advancement. It could've been just my manager but its all in who you know here. There were supervisors I trained that didn't know a thing but they were friends with the manager. Also, corporate level managers ignore your complaints or requests as long as it didn't effect their reputation.
Pros
gaining and strengthening leadership skills
Cons
no room for advancement
Great place to welcome motherhood to new moms
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 25, 2015
We would greet clients and get to know them, what they're looking for in a maternity store and then get started on their new shopping journey for the whole 9 months of pregnancy. I loved all my managers who made the job easy to work there and made it fun as well. I had supportive co-workers where if I had a question or needed advice that they were always there to lend a hand and ear. I'd observe how they engage with their clients and I'd mirror them but with my own spin on it. The hardest part of the job are the foreign customers who have the language barriers and different cultures. They didn't understand the concept of maternity clothes and why they were important for pregnant women and how regular clothes couldn't supply the same comfort during the whole pregnancy. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting together outfits, having the clients try them on for their spouses and seeing their faces light up.
Pros
Great co-workers and managers, easy to maintain store
Cons
Limited healthcare benefits, glass doors didn't provide security, bad location in the mall
Productive solitary workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHApril 21, 2016
A typical day at Motherhood Maternity involves constant one-on-one with the "Mom2Be." Providing an exceptional experience for the moms is the main task. Other tasks include, reading emails, re-positioning apparel and non-apparel floor-sets, handling the register and bank deposits, training new employees, assisting the store manager, and opening and closing the store alone. While working for this company I have learned how to work alone and multitask very quickly while providing exceptional customer service for the client. I have also learned how to interview potential employees and make decisions to help ensure the integrity of the store. The hardest part of working for this company is having to encounter women who have had miscarriages or who have lost children. I love the people who come into the store, it's easy to relate, as I am a mother myself. I love helping women find clothes that fit them as well as look great for a decent price. My co-workers are friendly and professional.
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare unless a manager
Terrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJJuly 19, 2016
Do not work for Mays Landing, New Jersey store 0176 or any store in district 24. District manager is racist, a liar and extremely rude. You get completely used working for this district.

8 long hours one day the next day you work 3 hours. Very inconsistent. Pay is extremely low at most as a store manager you will only make $15.00.

Work day is very slow. Only two people work a day one opens 9:00am to 5pm and the other closes 4:00pm to 8:00pm. You will be alone your entire shifts with NO BREAKS.

You will constantly be at fault for the store not making its money plan and district manager will yell at you and blow up your phone. You will be disrespected completely. District manager does not like the team to be friends outside of work and stirs up 'he said she said' drama to make everyone attack each other. Nothing you say matters because it's all about what the district manager says.You will be talked down on about how you're not good enough but once you make plan you're her best friend. Called HR and harassment hotline SEVERAL times and nothing happened. Don't waste your time. Completely unprofessional company.
Pros
Quiet small store
Cons
Terrible District Manager and Store Managers
terrible pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 11, 2016
love the people and environment BUT the pay makes it not worth it. a typical day is very slow unless its the weekend or their is shipment. I have learned a lot within my time frame here i just feel that my time here is up and will not be able to grow with in the company. my co workers are awesome. The hardest part is the pay and at the end on the two week time frame i have less than 500 if that as a pay check and im the sales lead.i enjoy interaction with new mothers
Pros
meeting and dressing new moms
Cons
pay is terrible, you will need two jobs to sustain
Employer to employee interaction
Vendor Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 18, 2016
The company really need to look into how the employees are being treated. During the interview I was told that the pay was $11 an hour when I recieve the call telling me I got the job, my manger offered me $10.75. The manger also told me that I needed to wear make up, during the interview I did not wear make up. The employer to employee interaction were very limited. The person training constantly pressuring the employee to be faster. Didn't allow a lot of hands on experience, very quick to raise her voice. The computer tells you everything you have to do the pressure became so bad that I became afraid of making a mistake also was very afraid to do anything without her telling me ahead of time on what to do. The trainer was constantly telling me how I felt. Stressful job very demanding. I didn't feel welcome and left the job feeling stupid and incapable of doing something as simple as hanging up clothes, following instructions which are given through emails as well as documents. I'm sure the company is great unfortunately the people working there was not. I felt judge all the time and felt as if I could never meet their standards.
Pros
Nice discount
Cons
Little pay, little hours
Very fun and rewarding work environment!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 17, 2015
I absolutely loved working for Motherhood Maternity. The ladies I worked with felt like family. The only downfall to this work experience is the compensation. I've learned that retail workers are overworked and underpaid. The work was rewarding, as it's fun to help expecting mothers accessorize and pick out a new wardrobe during such an exciting time in their lives. I didn't want to leave but I needed a job that offered more money.
fun workplae
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day at work would be coming into work and the job would either be steady or dead. There were some days it would be busy but mostly steady or completely slow.. I loved everyone I worked with we all became close friends and that's hard to find at a job. there wasn't any hard part of the job our job was pretty simple.. my most enjoyable part of this job was being able to assist our customers they were so polite and they loved being around us I love knowing that I made the customers feel welcome enough to want to come back
Pros
working with nice people and customers
Cons
no breaks, no healthcare
customers were okay, management was HORRIBLE.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 9, 2015
I worked at Motherhood Maternity in Killeen and it was absolutely horrible. We worked the store alone every single day, mall security walked around but never checked on us. The expectations were unrealistic. 7-10 boxes of shipment every other day and it HAD to be put on the floor or you'd get in trouble. Manager was so lazy and slack. She would make me and my co-worker do EVERYTHING and she would go shopping while still on the clock. She was very unprofessional and "catty". If you did not meet your goal for the day, week, or month you will be emotionally bullied by your manager. I was the highest seller and my manager hated it. We had 2 DM's within a year. I had absolutely no breaks after the first week I been there. system was old. When i tell you that was the WORST place i worked i absolutely mean it. Never EVER work for this company. I tried to apply to a new store thinking it would be different since i was introduced to a new manager WRONG they gave me the run around and lied to me. lazy managers are the worst.
Pros
customers, flexible hours, time off if needed, building relationships with the veteran mothers and the new mommies.
Cons
No breaks, horrible management, unrealistic goals, jealousy, shipment.
Horrible retail experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  texasAugust 13, 2015
the clients overall were great! Difficult to do the increased operations as well as assisting clients to make your numbers. Regardless if you are blowing away your numbers, they do not give you extra to keep it going.

The upper management has a lot to be desired. Been in retail for 20 years and extremely disappointed in the way they manage their business as well as supporting their team.

Anyone can write a customer "complaint".... If name, number or email is not posted, you are unable to verify that it is even a legitimate customer.

You know your job is in jeopardy when you go online and see your job position posted.... Unprofessional. Not the way to run a company..... Extremely disappointing and a waste of time.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, extreme lack of payroll, the inability to run the store without being micromanaged, no team relationships between other stores, no life balance what so ever and no upper management support
Great customer experiences
Part time Supervisor, sales associate (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 25, 2016
This is a great place to work for moms. You can share your experiences, and even be a great resource to those moms to be looking for the right clothing in her time of need. Can be hard to take breaks when you are running solo, but great team environment.
Pros
great customers, flexable hours
Cons
low pay
Productive workplace
Maternity Sales Representative (MSR) (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 28, 2016
Love my Motherhood family! The best company I've ever worked for. And the greatest part is honestly putting a smile on our moms-to-be faces!
Always something to do
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at motherhood maternity involves constant customer service but changes day to day. I've learned tons of new techniques in management and training. The management is very professional and the co-workers are motivated individuals. The hardest part of my job is dealing with extremely difficult customers, but nothing I cannot handle and the most enjoyable is helping and shopping with all my customers and becoming a part of their great experience at motherhood maternity
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Constantly standing all day
Enjoyed working there.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 2, 2016
Enjoyed working there. Days were unpredictable.
Busy and then overwhelmed all at once.
For the most part it was fun and fast paced in which you had time to assist customers.
Pros
Meeting new moms to be. Being able to listen and share the experience
Cons
Mark downs were consistent and to short of time to complete in time frame
Great focus on customers and staff
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 4, 2015
Motherhood Maternity offered a great balance between work and life for associates on the management side. It has a great attitude towards its customer and is the expert on fashionable Maternity wear.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
retail.
Amazing information
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 15, 2016
I started pretty young but I have learned so much working there. Learned how to multi task, sales clothing and give mothers to be info on becoming a mother.
Not a recommend place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 2, 2016
Not enough hours, new manager was rude, not at all a good pay, it would be a perfect job if you are in high school and dont need mant hours
Pros
Friendly
Cons
No benifts
sales associate
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  rookwood ohio and northgate mallSeptember 3, 2015
customer service helping the customers pick out what looks good on them explaining into further detail about some of the products and why its' so different than any other maternity shirt/shorts/pants/bra ect..
co-workers were always a pleasure to work with and be around
management was ok, always made promises she couldn't keep i was told i would keep my position after i had my daughter and after my maternity leave was up i let them know i was coming back and she had said she went ahead and filled my position.
Sharing a special connection with every client.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAMarch 16, 2016
Being able to go to work and not knowing what to expect from each customer was my favorite part of the job. Every mom to be has a story and each one was unique and special in their own way.
Pros
great work environment.
Cons
no break room.
great job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2016
they gave the opportunity know more about the moms to be.
help them for what are they looking for during their pregnancy.
grow in the company.
Pros
great jobs
Cons
n/a