Motherhood Maternity Employee Reviews

Great work place
Retail specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 26, 2017
There were not a lot of hours, but the work was good. I liked getting to celebrate the exciting time for each of our customers, whether they were shopping for themselves or for a friend or family member. It was always nice to help someone pick out something they could shine in and feel confident wearing.
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
Most positions part time so no benefits
my experience
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJune 22, 2017
It was great working for this company. However, the location that I was working at closed. It taught me patients with customer and how to build sales relationships as well as relationships with customers making them happy in the skin they were in as a pregnant parent.
Good second job, Happy customers, but Very little hours
Merchandiser/ In-store sales associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 16, 2017
For the most part I really liked this job. Any customer service job there will be some sour apples but a lot of the customers are excited new moms or excited grandmas getting thing for their daughter. You work alone a lot of the time and there can be a lot of down time while other times you are balancing multiple people. So basically because most of the time you don't need 2 people you are scheduled alone. Which makes sense but it leaves you unprepared if it gets busy and means there aren't many shifts to go around. Some weeks you work 6 hours and others you could work 15-20. The manager in our location was great. She was kind, helpful, understanding, and flexible. When I moved up to merchandiser/sales rep the district manager over that department was the same way. This made it really easy to work other jobs because they would work around your schedule. I had two other jobs while I worked there and rarely, if ever, had conflict issues.
Pros
Great management, room for advancement, usually easy
Cons
Low hours, inconsistent customer flow, terrible computer, sales goals
Amazing!
Sales Associate/key holder (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78746June 8, 2017
Working for Motherhood was amazing my boss and Co-workers were such sweethearts. There wasn't a day not boring for us. There was always work for us to do. Communicating with the soon to be mommies or husbands in search for items for the pregnancy. Making the moms feel welcome and beautiful was my specialty, I was mainly in the front due to my politeness.
Pros
Happy customers, babies
Cons
Returns, shippment
great co workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJune 5, 2017
isn't always busy, varies on the hours you receive. not enough hours but good pay rate. hardest part would have to be keeping up sales if you do not get good hours.
Cons
only 3 hour shifts
Good Starting Place for a new Manager, Great Customers
Leased Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 1, 2017
This is a great company to work for if you have a great management team. You must be able to work solo. I enjoy working for this company as the customers are a lot of fun to work with. I wish however that it was full time.
Pros
Organized, great customers, great product
Cons
hard to get time off, not enough hours, pay
I was located in the mall.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYMay 31, 2017
Motherhood Maternity is a great place to work in if you're a baby person, or expecting. The one thing I didn't like about this job was the discount. It was useless to me for the simple fact that i wasn't pregnant, needless to say the environment was great. My co-workers were funny and the manager was a funny person.
Pros
Closed work by 9:30
Cons
Not always did I have time to take a break.
If you enjoy working with pregnant women you will have fun!
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 29, 2017
Was poorly run by higher up management which was the. Reflected and displayed at store level. Quite unprofessional at times and it made the job not worth the energy/struggle
Loved It
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMay 27, 2017
a typical day at work was just wonderful. It was a different environment to work in, so I got a chance to learn a lot of information about Maternity clothing and working with Moms to Be. The management was absolutely wonderful with the employees and customers. Her name was Jenny and she was the best manager anyone can ask for. There wasn't any hard parts working for this company at all. The most enjoyable part of working with the this company was getting to know your customers like friends and working with the other employees.
Pros
Working with Moms-To-Be
Easy Going Position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMay 19, 2017
Expect to spend a lot of time in the store by yourself and to do a lot of Assistant Manager duties without the title. The put a lot of emphasis on having good numbers.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMay 17, 2017
Enjoyed working for Motherhood Maternity! Absolutely loved working with my store manager. Laid back environment. Can be slow paced at times...but that's retail for you!
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Hourly wage is low
Really fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 16, 2017
I really enjoy the atmosphere and environment of the store. It is the first position I have ever enjoyed having. The crowd is completely different and calm.
Cons
No healthcare
Productive workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 15, 2017
I like their clothes, but they tend to be a little pricey. The management is amazing and very understanding of others and their families. Motherhood Maternity is a great place to work.
Pros
Employee discount
Productive workplace, theres always something to do.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 15, 2017
Clothes are beautiful. Shift is perfect. Employees work one on one with customers to provide the best customer service. Working on your own is a plus.
Productive work place and nice clothes
sizing and merchandising (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 12, 2017
It was a typical day job working in the Mall. I learnd how to clean up after other people. All works helped keeping the job clean. The hardest part of the job was decorating the whole store while still helping out customers. Talking to the expecting mothers about their pregnancy.
fun and happy
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 11, 2017
this job is a lot of fun and the environment is very nice. customers are always nice and happy to be helped. The management was nice and helpful and it was a great place to start out at.
Not that great.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMay 9, 2017
Poor management
Schedules like to change frequently without warning
You don't get paid as much as you should
Poor work environment
Good starter job
No moving up in the company
Fun work place
Cashier/Key holder (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2017
Motherhood was a great place to work. Promotions were encouraged and rewarded. Managers were friendly and understanding. Downside was the constant visits from general management.
Pros
Lunch breaks whenever. No set lunch schedule.
Cons
Sometimes you were the only one schedules
Great client
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  OregonMay 6, 2017
This job has the best clients, always happy and enjoyable! This is a special time in their lives and we get to be part of that! Always gives you a feel good moment when you can make someone feel better about themselves and make a difference.
Flexible hours, enjoyable team
Team Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 5, 2017
A great place to work while in school, management is flexible with academic schedule. The company is behind with old computers. An Update needed badly.
Pros
No one is breathing down your neck all day.
Cons
Being left in the store alone can be lonely and boring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motherhood Maternity. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval