Motherhood Maternity

Motherhood Maternity Employee Reviews

very unorganize, had no management when i was hired
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waco, TXMay 27, 2015
cashier, make sales, help customers, mark downs, put merchandise out. very unorganized had no management had to learn as i went.
Horrible place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boise, IDMay 25, 2015
Cons: everything
Working at motherhood was horrible experience. They never worked me, and all they did was talk bad about me.. And my manager didn't even tell me that I was done working there, another coworker texted me asking for the key. My manager then left me a nasty voicemail. They also never allowed me to work the register, and only made me organize clothing and clean the bathrooms.
Busy productive place to work. Overall I enjoy working there
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Panama City Beach, FLMay 12, 2015
I've learned a great deal about running a business, bank runs, keeping track of numbers, and goals. I have the best management I could ask for. They are the nicest people, we're a team at motherhood. I enjoy every part of my job. There's nothing I dislike.
Co-workers and customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waipahu, HIMay 6, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, customers
Cons: Hours and flexibility
Very busy work environment. Fast paced environment that also required weekly to monthly consolidations, floor plans, and shipment. The best part of working there was my co-workers and also meeting beautiful mothers from all over the world. The hardest part of working there was the hours and flexibility.
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), La Mesa, CAMay 4, 2015
Stocked and sort merchandise; arrange displays for maximum marketing potential. Greet customers in a friendly, professional manner; inform of specials and discounts. Provide information to assist in making selections; process monetary transactions. Management and co-workers were great, the hardest part of my job was when I didn't get to spend enough time with my customers because there was always something to do in the store. The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers, I loved helping the people that walked through our door.
Fun place to work, management is good, pay is average.
Part-Time Supervisor (Current Employee), College Station, TXApril 23, 2015
Pros: Good environment.
Cons: Little payroll hours available in small stores. Few employees.
Rewarding to work with moms-to-be throughout their pregnancy. The company likes to recognize those that perform well, however the pay for part-time employees is above minimum wage, yet not good enough to support one's self.
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lakewood, WaApril 6, 2015
Dealt directly with customers either by telephone, electronically or face to face. Respond promptly to customer inquiries handle and resolve customer complaints. Obtained and evaluate all relevant information to handle product and service inquiries. Provided pricing and delivery information, performed customer verifications, set up new customer accounts process orders, forms, applications and requests
Great Work/Life Balance...but you work alone.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Designated time to network, benefits
Cons: Working alone, compensation, turn-over, small team
I did not work here very long, but it did leave a lasting-impression. The leaders throughout my district were very kind and helpful. However, there was so much turn-over in the months that I was there that it was hard to keep up. There are not many chances to get it right and to be developed...as the brand leaders did not visit that often and coaching was mainly on the phone and not face to face. Your job was constantly threatened due to low traffic and not exceeding goals. I personally did not have that problem, but I know that most of my peers dealt with that stress. Majority of the weekdays you work, about 75% of your shift is you working by yourself. If it is slow...it's fine, as there are plenty of things that need to be done during the hours of operation. Floorsets, markdowns, inventory, etc are all "in between customer" activities. Sometimes, we would get busy and not have as much time to complete said activities to the timeline given. It was also complicated to team-build and to have strong relationships when you are constantly alone. Even associates were left alone and had a key to the store, but had terrible pay for those responsibilities. The lack of payroll made it hard to keep all (5) employees content with their schedule and paycheck and the store manager really had no wiggle room.
Great Company
Store Supervisor (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLMarch 13, 2015
Pros: discount on clothing
Cons: lack of payroll hours
Best part of my job is helping women feel comfortable in their own skin during, and after their pregnancies. The hardest part is also making them feel comfortable.
Great Company
Supervisor (Former Employee), Richland, WAMarch 12, 2015
They were short handed when I was working their, but the corporate side of the company were always a phone call away for any help.
This was a well organized food franchise that gave you dignity.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDMarch 5, 2015
Working at this fast food restaurant wasn't demeaning it gave you a sense of pride. They were a quality establishment that carried itself on pride and respect.
Great manager and teammates but a hard clientele
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 4, 2015
Pros: my teammates and manager, and learning managerial skills
Cons: having to deal with very tough situations on a daily basis
My daily activities would often include going to the bank to drop off the previous night's deposit, charting daily/weekly/monthly sales figures, and finish and recovery that had not been finished from the night before. All teammates worked on shipment and the Store Manager and I would implement the monthly visual merchandise updates. I was very good at credit sales (top in the district), and would coach my team on their verbiage and timing to help raise their sale's numbers, too. I learned how to coach appropriately, in an upbeat way and as not to be insulting. I also learned a lot about patience and customer service. The clientele was, for the most part, very rude- far more rude than anywhere I've ever worked. I had on a daily basis women be extremely rude to me for things that were out of my control (like the price of a shirt), or would try to argue that I should give them a discount for (name reason here) and would get very upset when I politely explained I could not do that. The clientele was definitely the hardest part of the job. But my teammates and manager made it worth staying there and could turn a bad day into a good one very easily. I had a great manager and my teammates listened to my feedback and coaching and grew and became better at their jobs because of it, which was very gratifying.
Loved the job, management needed improvement
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 3, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of replenishing the sales floor, maintaining a high cleanliness standard and customer service. We helped expecting mothers find the clothing and items they needed. I learned how to size bras for when the mother is nursing. I also learned how to maintain a stores physical appearance. The management did not have professional business attitudes. I felt degraded and unappreciated at this store. The co-workers were great, worked hard and stayed professional. The hardest part was dealing with harsh words said by management. The most enjoyable part of this job was helping woman in their time of need.
Joyful work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Being in a specialty store like a maternity store gives you joy. When you are helping a new mom you are not only doing your job you are making someone else's day.
Babies are so Cute
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: seeing families grow
Cons: no insurance
I absolutely loved working for this company and would still be working for them if only they offered insurance benefits. My coworkers were amazing people and became good friends with me from day one. Everyday I went to work I looked forward to meeting the new customers and seeing some of our regulars, it was very exciting watching our customers go through their pregnancies. I loved with someone would stick with us throughout the whole process and then bring in their newborns and let us meet them. The store itself was small and very easy to maintain which meant less work for my coworkers and myself, the hardest time I ever had there was during a floor set and it was only because I couldn't find space for all the new products in such a small store.
a very slow pace job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 30, 2015
this job wasn't for me at all. it was very slow in there and management wasnt that great either. really new to know how to shop for a pregnant woman and watch what you say to them
Amazing work place
Sales associate, my job is (Former Employee), Sandy, UTJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no breaks
My typical day at work was great. We had customers coming in asking for my assistance only they were very satisfied.
It was a fun place to work.
Sales assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 24, 2015
It was a fun place to work. I loved all the people who i worked with. We all worked as a team. I would work there again. But not when the store was busy.
Horrible...Horrible
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee), United StatesJanuary 7, 2015
Only work here if you're desperate. I really learned how to sell. Store manager was a nightmare and bully. Know who you are hiring before you place them in your stores, my store manager ran her whole team off twice in one year. Best part of my job were the customers!
Unprofessional environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), MidwestDecember 25, 2014
Pros: the customers, good discount
Cons: everything else
If you are thinking of being a store manager here please rethink it. Depending on the location you are at, you can go a few hours with no customers. It's very mind numbing. One day I went six hours with no customers. Upper management is very unprofessional and not supportive in coaching and developing their managers and associates. Lots of drama and gossip between store managers because there is literally nothing else to do. Need a break? Good luck. You will run on one coverage for the majority of your shift. The closing associate doesn't show up? Looks like it's 12 hours with no break. We are told to eat and drink at the cash wrap because they don't allow breaks. Which of course as soon as you start to eat your lunch, a customer walks in. This company really needs to reevaluate what is actually going on in stores.

1 2 3 4 5

About Motherhood Maternity

The destination for moms-to-be may be a store operated by Destination Maternity, a designer and seller of  mid-priced to high-end – Read more

Motherhood Maternity Photos