Mothers Against Drunk Driving Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to make a difference
Manager of Victim Services (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 5, 2016
MADD was a great place to work. National Headquarters was always ready to train you and assist you with advocating for victims of drunk drivers! Down fall was that funding was not always stable! would have loved to stay at this company but due to funding and restructoring my position was elimanated.
Pros
making a difference in the community
Cons
Funding
Flexible work schedule. Transportation reimbursement.
Court Monitor Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 23, 2016
Overall this has been a very rewarding job. It started out as just volunteer work until a job opening in the area opened up. Since 2013 MADD has provided me with a sound job position that also provides a meaningful purpose behind the job when helping the community.
Victim Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 27, 2016
MADD is a great place to work. The team from across the country gives all employees resources to effectively do their jobs. Everyone is nice, caring and highly ethical and skilled.
Wonderful Organization
Internship / Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 10, 2016
The women I've had the pleasure of working with really pour their heart and soul into this program. The energy in the office is productive, warm and welcoming. Many of them dedicate their own time to workshops or panels simply because they believe in the cause so strongly. Most of the people working there have personally experienced loss due to drinking and driving related crashes, so you can absolutely feel the love and genuine passion put into the work they do. Absolutely wonderful program, the waves they've made are life changing and I'm very grateful for the opportunity I've had to share this experience with them.
Love what they stand for!
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 2, 2016
I only volunteered there for a few months over the summer. I really enjoyed helping out and of course, I love what they stand for!
Good job
Programs specialit (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, txJuly 6, 2015
Nice place to work. Good people to work with. Opportunity to work for a sound purpose. Great environment and stay focused.
Enjoyable and learning environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTNovember 7, 2014
I think that the management and the work enviroment at my internship is amazing. Everyone is very helpful and there for you if you need the help. The hardest part of the job is not getting too connected to the victims of drunk driving. However, it is enjoyable seeing how MADD can help so many people who are impacted by drunk driving. I have learned a lot about the court system, mainly, through observations.
Not your typical work environment
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  atlanta, gaAugust 2, 2014
Typical day is filled with your average work for a non-profit. I learned the importance of trusting yourself and not depending on upper management to care about you. Heavy involvement from the National Office in terms of them trying to run programs with very little knowledge of grant funding protocol. Management could be better if proper tools are in place. Too many layers of communication to filter through that is unnecessary and time consuming. Different types of people in terms of co-workers who display little to no communication skills and would rather work alone than as a team. The hardest part of the job is maintaining open communication and being a team player. The most enjoyable part is making a difference at the end of the day.
Pros
flexibility, good people working a great cause
Cons
no room for advancement, high turnover rates, micro management, no how to manual, no training for middle management
Amazing Company
Intern (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2014
Interning is amazing and a great learning experience!
I learned many things about what the organization does.
Management was very helpful!
The other interns were wonderful to work with.
The hardest part of the internship was thinking about the day I had to leave.
The most enjoyable was probably getting to know the staff!
Statewide leader. Lobbyist. Coordinated staff and volunteers
CEO/Executive Director for state of South Carolina (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 19, 2014
Fast paced job. All aspects of management, TV. radio and newspaper personality
Productive, fun and for a good cause
Court Monitor Internship (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 14, 2014
Easy-going supervisory staff, self-motivated internship
Fun atmosphere
Victim Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2014
This place is a lot of fun and I gained a lot of knowledge from interning here.
Great place to learn
Courthouse Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 23, 2013
Working within the Courthouse at Mothers Against Drunk Driving allowed me to learn a great deal about both the MADD organization, but the courthouse as well.
Great office filled with staff dedicated to the cause of MADD.
Special Events Intern (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasJune 4, 2013
This office although only has a few paid staff members, along with interns and volunteers they do a great job at making sure everything that needs to get done, will get done. All departments will help each other out when needed and everyone feels like family relatively quickly.
It was a great learning experience. The company has established a status the many other non profits strive for.
Victim Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2012
There is no suc thing as a typical day at work when you are a victim advocate. The environment depends on the tragedy.
Intern
Special Events Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2012
This was a great place to intern at. They full time workers were very supportive and lots of fun.
My favorite part was my supervisor she was really nice and always wanting us to be doing something we enjoyed.
Pros
free time, flexible hours, lots of work freedom
Cons
parking downtown
Productive and fun place too work.
Victim Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2012
Loved helping people with this organization. My coworkers opened me with open arms and trained me well. They know their positions like the back of their hands.
Enjoyed meeting Attorneys,Judges,Probations. Interact with victims
Administrator Assistant / Victim Advocate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville,FloridaMay 27, 2012
Even with working 5 hours a day, there was always times I worked well into the night to make sure all the work and phone message were taken care of. Loved my boss and always wanting to make sure my work in office made it easier for her job.
Pros
loved to meet people
Cons
couldn't get company to agree to full time position
Mothers Against Drunk Driving
Director, Field Relations (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2012
MADD has a great mission, and works hard to eliminate drunk driving.