Mothers Against Drunk Driving Employee Reviews

Great Cause Poorly executed
Office Administrator/Grant & Project Management (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2017
This company has a great opportunity. It just seems that it is poorly executed. It could be and do so much more. The red tap is endless while the victims are hurting and needing help. It's sad really.
Pros
You are working for a GREAT cause
Cons
Things are poorly managed and executed.
I got lucky -- I had a great direct supervisor
Coordinator of Volunteer Resources (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2017
MADD could do so much amazing work if they actually put the employees first. They get way too focused on the minutiae and forget the wonderful mission that they set out to achieve. My only saving grace was my amazing direct supervisor.
Pros
Incredible mission
Cons
Poor follow through, lost sight of mission
A great job and an even better cause
Intern (court monitor) (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 25, 2017
I was an intern for MADD and the experience was incredible! everyone was passionate about the organization's goals I loved everything about it! I was able to get a great firsthand experience of how DUI cases were carried out as a court monitor for MADD and I thought it would be a long process that would leave me restless, but I was wrong I was very intrigued by the entire courtroom environment.
Great!
Youth Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2017
MADD was a nice place to work. People were friendly and willing to help anytime someone needed assistance. I built a great rapport with staff and team
A meaningful place to work
Victim Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 7, 2016
A great place to work if you want to work hard and make a difference. Lots of company interaction and training. Good benefits and flexible days off. Friendly co-workers too.
Pros
Benefits and working towards a good cause.
Cons
Heartbreaking stories
MADD Austin
Court Monitoring Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 14, 2016
I have enjoyed working there. The only issue is that they rely heavily on grant funding that has to be renewed every year. So every year you are not sure whether you will have job security. I have enjoyed working with my co-workers and our community partners.
Pros
Flexible, nice working environment, great Executive Director
Cons
Relies heavily on grant funding
Great Place to make a difference
Manager of Victim Services (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 5, 2016
MADD was a great place to work. National Headquarters was always ready to train you and assist you with advocating for victims of drunk drivers! Down fall was that funding was not always stable! would have loved to stay at this company but due to funding and restructoring my position was elimanated.
Pros
making a difference in the community
Cons
Funding
Flexible work schedule. Transportation reimbursement.
Court Monitor Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 23, 2016
Overall this has been a very rewarding job. It started out as just volunteer work until a job opening in the area opened up. Since 2013 MADD has provided me with a sound job position that also provides a meaningful purpose behind the job when helping the community.
Victim Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 27, 2016
MADD is a great place to work. The team from across the country gives all employees resources to effectively do their jobs. Everyone is nice, caring and highly ethical and skilled.
Wonderful Organization
Internship / Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 10, 2016
The women I've had the pleasure of working with really pour their heart and soul into this program. The energy in the office is productive, warm and welcoming. Many of them dedicate their own time to workshops or panels simply because they believe in the cause so strongly. Most of the people working there have personally experienced loss due to drinking and driving related crashes, so you can absolutely feel the love and genuine passion put into the work they do. Absolutely wonderful program, the waves they've made are life changing and I'm very grateful for the opportunity I've had to share this experience with them.
Love what they stand for!
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 2, 2016
I only volunteered there for a few months over the summer. I really enjoyed helping out and of course, I love what they stand for!
Good job
Programs specialit (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, txJuly 6, 2015
Nice place to work. Good people to work with. Opportunity to work for a sound purpose. Great environment and stay focused.
Enjoyable and learning environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTNovember 7, 2014
I think that the management and the work enviroment at my internship is amazing. Everyone is very helpful and there for you if you need the help. The hardest part of the job is not getting too connected to the victims of drunk driving. However, it is enjoyable seeing how MADD can help so many people who are impacted by drunk driving. I have learned a lot about the court system, mainly, through observations.
Not your typical work environment
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  atlanta, gaAugust 2, 2014
Typical day is filled with your average work for a non-profit. I learned the importance of trusting yourself and not depending on upper management to care about you. Heavy involvement from the National Office in terms of them trying to run programs with very little knowledge of grant funding protocol. Management could be better if proper tools are in place. Too many layers of communication to filter through that is unnecessary and time consuming. Different types of people in terms of co-workers who display little to no communication skills and would rather work alone than as a team. The hardest part of the job is maintaining open communication and being a team player. The most enjoyable part is making a difference at the end of the day.
Pros
flexibility, good people working a great cause
Cons
no room for advancement, high turnover rates, micro management, no how to manual, no training for middle management
Amazing Company
Intern (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2014
Interning is amazing and a great learning experience!
I learned many things about what the organization does.
Management was very helpful!
The other interns were wonderful to work with.
The hardest part of the internship was thinking about the day I had to leave.
The most enjoyable was probably getting to know the staff!
Statewide leader. Lobbyist. Coordinated staff and volunteers
CEO/Executive Director for state of South Carolina (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 19, 2014
Fast paced job. All aspects of management, TV. radio and newspaper personality
Productive, fun and for a good cause
Court Monitor Internship (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 14, 2014
Easy-going supervisory staff, self-motivated internship
Fun atmosphere
Victim Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2014
This place is a lot of fun and I gained a lot of knowledge from interning here.
Great place to learn
Courthouse Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 23, 2013
Working within the Courthouse at Mothers Against Drunk Driving allowed me to learn a great deal about both the MADD organization, but the courthouse as well.
Great office filled with staff dedicated to the cause of MADD.
Special Events Intern (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasJune 4, 2013
This office although only has a few paid staff members, along with interns and volunteers they do a great job at making sure everything that needs to get done, will get done. All departments will help each other out when needed and everyone feels like family relatively quickly.