Motion Industries Employee Reviews

Productive laid back but firm work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 9, 2016
A lot of phone calls in and out. Must have knowledge on computer programs. Co workers made the employment better. Hardest part of the job is it is very hard to get a raise. Most enjoyable part was having weekends off.
Okay place to work.
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 26, 2016
Motion is a okay place to work but don't think you will be climbing the ladder anytime soon. Dead end job!! Some of the people are okay and others try to bully you into doing their work for them. Management needs to do a better job of being on the floor and seeing what goes on.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management and some employees
No Room For Growth
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 2, 2016
nationwide company but no room for advancement in the local office. plus is employees at this business do tend to stay for a long period of time. I learned a lot about the industrial parts business.
Develope customer relationships, challenging
Receptionist/Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Oyster Creek, TXOctober 14, 2016
Answer multi line phones, assist customers in researching and finding industrial parts by using catalogs and/or calling different suppliers
I learned that you learn something new everyday when it comes to industrial parts
Co workers were exceptional in assisting when unsure about different parts
starting the new year and removing the year before files and storing in boxes and starting all new files and folders
Being of assistance to customers and having them happy with your determination to find and help them with their needs
Exellent place to work,very good benefits
Fluid Power Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2016
I spent most of my time there as a fluid power specialist. I trained other outside sales people how to sell these products as well as maintaining inventory levels and new product acquisitions of these products for the company. I also made joint sales calls with the outside team.
Pros
Great benefits and great advancement opportunities.
Cons
could be stressful if the economy drops.
Services the oilfield
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJanuary 19, 2017
When the oilfield is down, everything goes down. All these years in business they should cushion the blow when its pumping. This company is negatively affected by the senior employees that don't believe in change and speared by incorrect information from the senior employees in the right ear.
Pros
A job
Cons
Not easy to excel if you aren't kissing or smiling in the right face.
Productive Workplace
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 22, 2016
The hardest part of the job is time management with limited resources. However, the job is very rewarding. A typical day involves procuring material, employee management, logistics and vendor negotiations.
Account Representative
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MONovember 1, 2016
Sales of company products. I learned about many different products while at Motion.
Position consisted of solving customer problems and staying on top of products ordered for a timely delivery.
I enjoyed working with all our customers and helping them choose the correct products for the projects they were working on.
productive and nice place to work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILNovember 2, 2016
i enjoyed each and everyday i was employed with this job the people there was very nice and polite to each and everyone love the events that we had there.Everybody there was like family
Great company
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 4, 2016
Excellent place to work! Great hours! Pretty good wage. Very laid back! Willing to work with you if you need time off to handle personal business.
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 24, 2016
Enjoyed working with fellow employees. Always tried to put forth my best effort each day. Created a positive work environment. Good company to work for the last 38 years.
Pros
Monthly income
Very Good Place to Work
Inside Sales / Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2015
For the most part stayed business and learned something new everyday about the products we sold and the companies we represented.
Management was approachable and understanding.
The hardest part of the job was having to tell a customers we didn't have a part they need that day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a customer out when they didn't really know what they were looking for.
Very good work environment.
Made several friends their.
Pros
Free Lunch & Learns and Breakfast 2 to 3 times a week
Cons
Having to learn because a reduction in force
Very busy and challenging work load at times but fun
LAY OFF (Former Employee) –  LAY OFFOctober 29, 2015
I have recently been laid off from Motion Industries. It is as if i have lost a part of my life. I started to work there as a very young adult and continued for 30 years. There will be many people I will miss and I will hold on to a lot of memories from there for life. I loved working directly with the Vice President, Joe Limbaugh, while being in charge of the construction, and actual builder of Motion Industries' Experience Center, better known as the Motion Museum. It was great working with Mr. Limbaugh on this project and I am very sure I will get great referrals from him.
Pros
insurance, pay, and clean safe working environment
Cons
politics
Great work environment, very challenging, and quite rewarding.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaver, PAFebruary 10, 2016
Great company to work for, great group of people to work with. However, it is affected by the economic situation that makes job security less than desirable.
good place to work
Part/Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJanuary 18, 2016
This is a good place to work with a great work environment. The company offers good benefits and pay. Overall, this is a good place to work at for employment.
Bottom line is all that matters
Territory Rep (Former Employee) –  Memphis TnNovember 7, 2012
Typical day is 14-16 hrs with customers and homework
Learning is by chance. Your time will be monopolized by work load
Management is shrewd and misleading. You are a number
Co workers are knowledgable but as a tight immature click
Hardest part is fighting unrealistic expectations. There is an unspoken law that sacrifices mental stability and family relationships to service the customer. You will be tracked in every way without your knowledge. Compensation is better than most but when figured into hours worked its minimal.
Pros
computer, internet, and vehicle provided at minimal cost to you
Cons
long work hours, too many corporate contract accounts which equates to low margins and minimal commissions
Company has great employees but lacks tools for great customer service.
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 29, 2013
A typical work day includes taking care of entering other Motion's locations orders, phone sales and making sure work orders are sent to floor. My co-workers are for the most part great to work with and they are the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job is not having the tools and stock to fully take care of customers the right way. Lower management is OK but I think there are problems with the upper management understanding how to run certain areas of the business and the right way to make customers happy so they will continue to do business with the company no matter how big the account.
Benefits
Cons
Working with some of the salesman and branch managers.
great work environment
Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 16, 2016
learned inside sales as well as worked with accounts payables and accounts receivables. Worked direct with customers and vendors to resolve issues
Good Company to Work For
Senior Customer Service (Current Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 28, 2013
I've been with Motion over thirty years. They have been very good to me. Started out filing and answering the phone, have advanced to Senior Customer Service. Have had several opportunities to advance to management, but was not interested.
I really just want to say about the bad reviews, please take them with a grain of salt.. Sour Grapes and all that. No company is perfect, but Motion Industries is one of the best.
Several of our vendors have commented that Motion has a lot of long time employees throughout their 500+ branches. That speaks volumes.
Pros
benefits, co-workers
High volume, fast paced industrial supply company supplying the Charleston, South Carolina region
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 21, 2012
Being one of the bigger industrial supply companies in the Charleston region the days move fast. Early in the morning the delivery truck is to be loaded with paperwork as one will go in the most logistically efficient way to the customers to make deliveries, pick up repairs, and to make sure they are completely satisfied with how we are doing business with them. Once the deliveries and pick ups are completed, I will head back to the branch office to process shipping paperwork for various equipment to be sent out for repair, expedite orders, complete sales via in-house, fax, e-mail, and telephone. I will also get with the various account representatives to keep them up to speed with some of the big orders and when they are going to arrive so that they are fully aware and not caught off-guard. Since gaining employment at, I have learned a lot about the items that we sell; bearings, seals, gear reducers, pneumatic's parts, hydraulics units, ect.
Pros
401k, medical, dental, pto
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motion Industries. Our community is ready to answer.