Motion Industries

Motion Industries Employee Reviews

Always in Motion
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILJuly 1, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers, assisting customers, bonuses
Cons: part-time position
The first thing I do in the morning is check my emails from our customers. I then do the billing for orders that have arrived at our location or that have been shipped directly to our customer. When orders come in, I scan the confirmation and attach it to the purchase order. I answer the calls on our multi-line telephone, and transfer the calls to the appropriate person. I am the A/R and the A/P person. I am also doing some of the sales. I check on the status of orders for our customers.

Placing orders for our customers is fairly new for me. I do enjoy this aspect of the job. I was stepping – more... out of my comfort zone, but went in head first. I now have the hang of it!

My co-workers and my bosses are very friendly. Everyone gets along very well.

I am very proud of the fact that I pretty much have eliminated the enormous amount of past due invoices. When I first started, there were lots of invoices 90+ days past due. Since I have been working here, we very seldom have anything go beyond 30 days past due. I deal with our customers in a very professional manner, am always polite, and understanding. I value our customers. Without them, none of would have a job.

The downside of my position is that I am not full time. I do not qualify for most of the benefits....such as paid vacation, personal day, health insurance, etc. – less
Job training and communication very poor.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 30, 2015
The little training received was done with very little and quite rushed. There was an environment of mistrust and obvious favorites of management which made everyday very uncomfortable. Asking for explanation of procedure or policy was seen as argumentative or questioning authority.
Very busy work
inside sales (Current Employee), Lumberton NCJune 23, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: feel like no advancement
Motion is a good place to work. It is a educational experience on both the counter and the phones. I work with good co-workers. We handle about 100 calls and emails a day.
NIce Company
sales (Former Employee), San Fernando, CAJune 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch trainings
Cons: none
Great company to work for. Provides excellent hands on training and benefits. Everyone seems to be friendly and willing to help one another.
Inside sales
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Dodge City, KSJune 10, 2015
Pros: Steady paced work environment.
Cons: Company goals and training had a large gap. Training isn't a priority for the company.
Inside sales is very fast paced, which made for short work days because as soon as I turned around, it was time to punch out.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Hanahan SCMay 28, 2015
I really loved everything about this job. Everyone got a long and it was a great learning experience. I gain a lot of experience here between the traveling to different companies to drop off product.
stable work
Customer Service Representative/Warehouse Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMay 13, 2015
Pros: pretty much work on your own without anyone breathing down your neck
Cons: not many raises
Go in and get the work started. Co-workers are pretty good to work with, I enjoy getting to be out and about with deliveries
Was a great place to work at and fun, Management was great and the co-workers were great people to work with.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Commerce, CAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Management and co-workers
Cons: The hours
Open the warehouse, set up the drivers and the warehouse employees for the days work. I learned how to supervise employees and how to lead them. The hardest part of the day was the hours and the most enjoyable was end of the day when everything was complete.
many things to say
Account Representative (Current Employee), Three Rivers, MIFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: company provides many services to its customers
Cons: poor culture, built around inexerienced management styles
Day to day I loved going to work to experience a new situation or problem that needs to be fixed. I am currently burned out on the management style of shotgun, pointing fingers at people so they can blame someone if a problem arises. it has created a culture of back-stabbing. It is sad to say that as I really enjoy my job
Enjoyed the work I did for the company
Hydraulic Hose Assembler (Former Employee), Davenport, IADecember 15, 2014
Pros: the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day
Cons: lack of work, waiting on orders
I worked 8 hours a day for Motion Industries at SSAB. I assembled hydraulic and pneumatic hoses for the maintenance personnel throughout the SSAB plant. They would advise me as to what hoses were needed and I would make them accordingly. There really wasn't anything difficult about this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie I built with the workers at SSAB and Motion Industries.
fun family oriented company
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: didn't have a lot of permanent positions
although only there as a temp worker, it was a goo experience. only wish I could have had a permanent place.
casual work enviroment
Counter Sales (Former Employee), Addison, ILNovember 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
learned a lot about the power transmission industry identifying bearings
good place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Portland, ORNovember 12, 2014
Average Day staring at a computer most people were so wrapped up in their own stuff just didn't care
Fast paced work environment
Inside Sales/CSR (Full-Time) (Current Employee), Evansville, INNovember 6, 2014
answering phones, replying and reading emails, finding parts for customers. Management just changed, so we will see how it goes. Co-workers are for the most part ok. The hardest part of the job is the fast paced environment where break downs can happen in an instance. The most enjoyable part are the customers I get to work with.
Always learning new equipment
Communications System Analyst (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: micro managing
I love working for this company. It was always busy and never boring and you were constantly learning something new. Very challenging!!!
Unethical business and hostile work enviroment
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Dalton, GANovember 3, 2014
Pros: pay is well
Cons: run by division support.
2014-GA56 Motion Dalton over charges customers for freight. Money from recycling material vanishes. Very nasty work environment due to a cat that lives there. Constant hair and cat dander by the pound everywhere. The warehouse smells of cat urine. Often found cat vomit, hairball and feces on the warehouse shelves. Boxes are full of cat hair and dander in the warehouse. The new employee will have the primary responsibility to answer the phone on first ring while the other inside salesmen sleeps.
Fun Place to work for
Operations Manager and Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Warwick, RISeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no paid over time
Typical day a work was processing orders, quotes via phone, fax and email.
I learned a lot about the Power Transmission Industry
My coworkers worked well together, as a team.
Hardest part was when I received something to work on that I was not familiar with.
the most enjoyable part was everyone worked together.
Productive fun work place with good people
Assist around warehouse (Former Employee), Cicero, ILAugust 21, 2014
Usually get there early to have a cup of coffee
Everyone says good morning to one another
Someone is always willing to lend a hand to help
Great Opportunity in Industrial Supply Field
Inside Sales, Purchasing, Whse Sup. and Ops Mgr (Former Employee), Ishpeming, MIJuly 19, 2014
Motion Industries provided me with a wealth of knowledge in the industrial supply industry, a business in which I had no previous experience. I was a fast learner and advanced quickly. The local branch lost its main contract and closed, but I was able to use my valuable experieince elsewhere in the same field.
loved driving delivery van
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Piqua, OHJune 8, 2014
Pros: driving around all day, people i came in contact on my route
Cons: none really
It was a great place to work. Drove around delivering industrial parts to companies, I loved my job.

1 2 3 4

About Motion Industries

Power transmission products may not be on anyone's Christmas list, but Santa's workshop couldn't groove without the parts that – Read more

Motion Industries Salaries