Motion Industries Employee Reviews

Inside Sales and Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Groves, TXNovember 12, 2017
Selling of Industrial parts and equipment. Meeting with customers and suppliers. Processing quotes, sales orders, filing, and running reports. Answering telephones all day non-stop in fast high paced environment. Assist customers in will call by processing and pulling orders.
Pros
Great Health Benefits
Cons
No Overtime
Good Experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Friona, TXNovember 2, 2017
Motion taught me a lot about management.. I had to do the Managers job because he was never around. I learned inside and outside sales. I also learned office work since I had to pay all bills.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Leadership
fantastic work environment
Accounting and Receivables Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAOctober 29, 2017
it was good and it was nice and it was both nice and good mostly, but i like the goodness more than the niceness. when i was nice then i was good. If i wasn't good then i was nice.
Pros
great place great people
Great company, bad choice of branch management
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAOctober 20, 2017
Great company as a whole. Loved working there. Great hours. Good pay. Great benefits. The only drawback is the lack of professionalism in the office. No sense of teamwork.
Not a bad place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAOctober 18, 2017
Local management staff are good, corporate are not.
I should not have accepted the Branch MGR, job. I could not hire the people I wanted and could not fire the people that were very poor. Our branch was very small and having good employees was very important.
Pros
good environmet
Cons
I had no control of hiring and firing the people I managed
Hard working in office and warehouse.
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 28, 2017
I was lucky to have this job, but don't believe I was paid fairly. I was not only working accounts receivable but was also working in the warehouse packing orders, placing items in stock and shipping out parts. Working environment at the time was decent. Operations manager at the time didn't seem like much.
exciting and interesting place to work
Sr. Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 22, 2017
very stressful place to work. fast paced and pretty unorganized. the workplace was well kept, management needed a lot of help. Customers were the best part of the job. another up to the job was that it was never the same thing every day. always learned something new.
Pros
friendly co workers and customers
Cons
management experience
Very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 3, 2017
I wouldn't recommend working here unless you want to live a short life. The stress and job demands don't match the salary. Branch management is not good
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
stress will kill you
Fun place to work.
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2017
At motion industries, I enjoyed working there. The management team was fair with all employees. I would recommend a person to apply there. I think they would like it.
Sales
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIAugust 28, 2017
Answer phone calls from customers looking for parts to operate their business. Track back orders to insure delivery when needed. Work at the counter for walk in customers.
Solid company with good core values
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 20, 2017
I have worked in various rolls in this company for almost 16 years. Corporate may be quick with cuts and slow to build, but their track record is hard to argue with. If there are cuts, management does whatever they can to keep people employed. Pay is fair and benefits are decent. People seem to stay for years which is always nice.
Not ok to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKAugust 17, 2017
I would not recommend working here. They will start you out as a temp and keep you on as long as they can. Won't offer you benefits or PTO. Good for entry level to get some experience.
great place to work
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 4, 2017
Motion Industries is a great place to work with good pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision & 401k. You also get 2 weeks vacation in your 1st year for a full time employee.
Loved my job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 28, 2017
Great company with good benefits. I like my job and what I did there and the job culture when dealing with my other coworkers was great. I wish the job security was a little bit better. For instance, if something is wrong to say something right then and not wait until later.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks, bad supervisor
Family and Friends
Customer Service/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHJuly 13, 2017
The manager consistently hired family and family friends gradually weeding out anyone who wasn't just that. The males are direct hires but the females, even the family, are temps. Temps get hired in after an average of 18 months of continuous employment, but the non family member females will be there indefinitely as temps, one over 2 years until she finally found a permanent job elsewhere. If you're related somehow to the boss, you've got it made, you can do no wrong and don't have to do anything at all. The non-family members that are still there, will pick up the slack for your work.
A great employer, tough job but well worth it
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIJuly 12, 2017
I worked at 2 separate locations and GPC as a whole is a fantastic place to make a career. Great benefits and working conditions.

Management is not hovering over you constantly, but expect you to do your job.

Very family friendly and I would still be working there if my wife didn't become disabled.
Pros
Easy to work for, not a whole lot of pressure if you do your job
Cons
none to mention
Learning the needs of clients and being able to efficiently supply their demands,
Customer Service Representative/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PA 16602July 7, 2017
This could be very stressful sometimes when competing with other vendors.

Once I received my own "market", client base we grew to have very strong relationships.

Working with my outside sales rep and the client was a very rewarding experience.
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIJuly 2, 2017
It was a great place to work am . I worked at the warehouse Madison Heights Mi 91 great people to work with but they laid everybody off except a few people and they move the warehouse to Chicago but I think they should have gave some people the opportunity to go . I would definitely go back there and work again if had the opportunity happy guy
CENTRAL REGION PNEUMATIC SPECIALIST (SM01) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2017
Great place to work. when the economy crashed or went flat - massive lay offs. I worked with 85 salesmen and by the time I left they we're down to 32 reps.
Pros
A lot of freedom
Cons
Threat management
Great laid back job
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 1, 2017
I loved everything about this would still be there but it was only temporary. Some many loving and caring people. But the main thing was you could make your own. Hours as long as you worked your 40 hours.
Pros
Made own scheldue
Cons
Temporary job