Motiso Group, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is a small business development center for economically and socially disadvantaged leaders of small enterprises. The Motiso Center for Minority Entrepreneurship’s mission is advancing woman and minority entrepreneurs by providing expert, affordable business development services. Our expert services are either free, below cost, or performance-based. Since 2009, we have served in Virginia, District of Columbia, and Maryland.
We are looking for a dynamic professional who can place the cause above the profit because you have a strong desire to help minority owners grow their businesses. We are in search of an individual who will work with our clients in the conduct of prospecting, qualifying, capture, and proposal management. This position will work with a select group of Motiso’s clients who provide services to government and commercial markets. Because this is performance-based compensation position, the ideal person should be currently operating as a Business Developer and have a strong network of connections in the commercial and/or government space. We want someone who is strategic and can quickly deliver results. For the right person, this position can be personally and financially rewarding. But the greatest reward is the growth of our small business clients and the creation of jobs!
This individual will be responsible for assisting with Motiso's efforts to introduce its clients to commercial and federal, state and local governments; conducting marketing efforts and follow-up; and coordinating the completion of proposals.
- Perform Business Development (BD) function to identify and qualify new business accounts. BD services include conducting research, identifying new opportunities, and qualifying new opportunities in the federal, state, and local governments sectors, and commercial sectors.
- Perform Capture Management functions for specific opportunities by formulating winning strategies including teaming and technical approaches.
- Perform Proposal Management function to manage the proposal development process that results in the development and delivery of proposals and pre-award activities.
- Perform BD Management by monitoring and reporting on lead and bid pipeline activities.
- Bachelor degree required, graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 combined years of experience with marketing, business positioning, proposal writing, and consultative sales
- Demonstrated work in one or more of the following industries: information technology (IT); healthcare IT; construction; retail; accommodations and food; and education
- Ability to develop strategic business development plans and implement plans
- Exceptional writing skills, excellent oral communication skills, and strong customer service orientation
- Excellent at networking and relationship building
- Work well both independently and in a team environment
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Please send a resume and answer the following questions in a brief cover letter:
1. What has been your experience in working with woman and minority small business owners?
2. How would you demonstrate the breadth and depth or your business connections?
3. What makes you successful as a Business Development professional?
4. Why is Motiso’s mission important to you?