MotoMart Employee Reviews

Rude Customers and Rude Managers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILApril 5, 2017
The Customers are horriable. The managers aren't better... They talk to you like your child. You work and you don't even get a raise. It's hard to move up into that company so you don't grow with the company.
A dysfunctional place of business
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILFebruary 21, 2017
The management was the worst I've ever seen - and not just for management style, but as an actual person. Frequent abuse of power and paranoia of staff resulted in unfair treatment to all but a select few employees.

Five minute lunch breaks, shady pay raises, stolen inventory, and lack of empathy in any capacity from upper management.
busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chester, ILFebruary 19, 2017
always a busy fun day. I really enjoyed working here. management was good. I enjoyed working there for the time that I did. I enjoyed making the pizzas the most. least was doing outside trash on cold days
easy job requires alot of work for this particular company
Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 13, 2017
The store I worked for had a set schedule duties included cleaning stocking cooking food helping customers.
But also included a lot of extra duties which should have been done by the maintence team. The most enjoyable part of this job was the customers .
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
very low pay
Associate (Current Employee) –  Eureka, MOFebruary 13, 2017
This is an amazing place to be employed, the co-workers are amazing people and the management is very professional. The only thing that I would really like is that there was more hours, depending on the season there could be typically great hours. But, as soon as winter comes things slow down tremendously. Other then that, the job is great. Very easy to learn, they make sure to go in great detail about everything you need to do to make sure you are successful in this career. This is a place any person would love to call their job.
Pros
Free soda, laid back environment, awesome co-workers, health coverage even as a part-time employee
Cons
Short breaks
Cool gig
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Swansea, ILJanuary 25, 2017
I worked at moto mart back in 2011. It's a nice little job for friendly people that just want money in their pockets every week. It's cool as long as you mind your own business as far as getting involved in your coworkers lives. The manager was cool, I considered her a friend for quite sometime. I'd work there again.

-daron
cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJanuary 7, 2017
at this location there is no room for advancement because of family the manager is married to the district manager and they hire their kids to work there. At one point I was told it was the manager (now district manager)had his mom and both of his daughters working there. Some of the other employees are rude to customers. The pay is only minimum wage.
Pros
get paid weekly
Cons
no room for advancement
Terrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILSeptember 7, 2016
I worked there for a long time in the Mattoon store . I liked my cashier job and was there every day . It was fast paced but meeting new people was a plus . The manager accused me of stealing cash ! I never stole anything not even a bag of chips ! VERY POOR MANAGEMENT ! I wonder how many good people at Motomart lose their jobs due to managers like the one in Mattoon lining their own pockets . JOB SEEKERS BEWARE !!!
Pros
fun job
Cons
terrible management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 16, 2016
Motomart is a fast pace work environment. I've learned how to deal with the public on a day to day basis. I love managing positive people who are willing to learn and take things to the next step. The hardest part of the job was dealing with sales falling.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
No insurance
review
cashier (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ILMarch 8, 2016
very positive. loved working there even when pregneant. very positive environment. would recommend others that need a job to put application in if they were hiring.
Caring boss, fun assistant manager
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 20, 2016
Very much enjoy working here, would like to see more money per hour, but who wouldn't, also hard to advance in the company.
Pros
free fountain drinks
Cons
"working breaks" meaning taking short breaks with the likelihood of being interrupted.
Loved my Manager at Valley Park, MO!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valley Park, MOJanuary 8, 2016
She is a fantastic manager to work for. I really enjoyed working for her because she cares about her business, customers and employee's. She expects a lot from her people but that's ok because the benefits out weight it all. If I ever move back to Missouri, she would be the first person I would contact for employment because she is that assume!
Pros
The manager will work with your schedule if she can.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Asst. Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Highland, ILMarch 3, 2015
I really enjoyed working here and meeting all sorts of new people. I worked with an amazing group of people as well.

It's a gas station so I'm not sure what exactly was enjoyable about it. It was a job!
Motomart
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILOctober 1, 2014
My Typical day at Motomart consisted of helping customers, stocking the cooler, making coffee, sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping. When the managers and assistant managers were not there, I was expected to make sure all of the tasks were performed before I left for my shift.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being with my co-workers and getting to know the regular customers.
Pros
Very busy, variety of customers.
Cons
Sometimes repetitive work.
Typical convenient store work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Carterville, ILJuly 9, 2014
MotoMart is your typical convenient store and I pretty much did it all. As an associate I had the basic duties of cleaning the store and taking customers. As a shift leader I was the weekend manager. This meant that I did the reports on all the associates registers and counted the money that came in the day before. I had to replenish the ATM, do a cigarette audit, check in the incoming product, and check the gas levels. Most of my co-workers were on the lazy side which was kinda the hardest part of the job. It was a lot of working twice as hard to make up what wasn't done the shift before. The most enjoyable for me was the customers that came in. Friendships are made with regular customers and they take an interest in your life.
Pros
pretty good job security, not to difficult of work
Cons
short breaks, co-workers can be lazy
Fun atmosphere, great customer service experience
Customer Service Agent/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILSeptember 6, 2013
Cashier, customer service, stock, cleaning, etc. I learned much about customer service during my employment. Management and co-workers were great, always fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was staying awake during midnight shifts. I loved working with the customers that would come in.
Pros
great people, fun atmosphere
Cons
safety due to being on highway and being 24 hour store
fast paced
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNMarch 19, 2013
There are many things I have learned. How to comunicate well with people, how to prioritize, management skills, how to handle money and so much more. At this store we are all close. Like a family. The hardest part of the job is the crabby customers. The most enjoyable part is working with coworkers and the public. It is always great to see a smile spread.
Pros
people and learning
Cons
rude people
overworked, and overstressed
cashier (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 21, 2012
It is poorly run, with a manager that considers favoritism over store well being. Has excellent benefits-401k, life insurance, health insurance
Will come to your house on your day off to get you if someone calls off. Does not give you the option to say I can't work
Will fire you for no reason-even if you were the one keeping the place clean and organized
Pros
401k, heath insurance, life insurance, employee bonus every 3 months
Cons
manager, coming to the house