MotoMart

MotoMart Employee Reviews

Motomart
Cashier (Former Employee), Collinsville, ILOctober 1, 2014
Pros: very busy, variety of customers.
Cons: sometimes repetitive work.
My Typical day at Motomart consisted of helping customers, stocking the cooler, making coffee, sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping. When the managers and assistant managers were not there, I was expected to make sure all of the tasks were performed before I left for my shift.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being with my co-workers and getting to know the regular customers.
Typical convenient store work
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Carterville, ILJuly 9, 2014
Pros: pretty good job security, not to difficult of work
Cons: short breaks, co-workers can be lazy
MotoMart is your typical convenient store and I pretty much did it all. As an associate I had the basic duties of cleaning the store and taking customers. As a shift leader I was the weekend manager. This meant that I did the reports on all the associates registers and counted the money that came in the day before. I had to replenish the ATM, do a cigarette audit, check in the incoming product, and check the gas levels. Most of my co-workers were on the lazy side which was kinda the hardest part of the job. It was a lot of working twice as hard to make up what wasn't done the shift before. The most enjoyable for me was the customers that came in. Friendships are made with regular customers and they take an interest in your life.
Fun atmosphere, great customer service experience
Customer Service Agent/Cashier (Former Employee), Marion, ILSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: great people, fun atmosphere
Cons: safety due to being on highway and being 24 hour store
Cashier, customer service, stock, cleaning, etc. I learned much about customer service during my employment. Management and co-workers were great, always fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was staying awake during midnight shifts. I loved working with the customers that would come in.
fast paced
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Forest Lake, MNMarch 19, 2013
Pros: people and learning
Cons: rude people
There are many things I have learned. How to comunicate well with people, how to prioritize, management skills, how to handle money and so much more. At this store we are all close. Like a family. The hardest part of the job is the crabby customers. The most enjoyable part is working with coworkers and the public. It is always great to see a smile spread.
overworked, and overstressed
cashier (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILApril 21, 2012
Pros: 401k, heath insurance, life insurance, employee bonus every 3 months
Cons: manager, coming to the house
It is poorly run, with a manager that considers favoritism over store well being. Has excellent benefits-401k, life insurance, health insurance
Will come to your house on your day off to get you if someone calls off. Does not give you the option to say I can't work
Will fire you for no reason-even if you were the one keeping the place clean and organized

MotoMart Salaries