MotoMart Employee Reviews in United States

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 16, 2016
Motomart is a fast pace work environment. I've learned how to deal with the public on a day to day basis. I love managing positive people who are willing to learn and take things to the next step. The hardest part of the job was dealing with sales falling.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
No insurance
review
cashier (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ILMarch 8, 2016
very positive. loved working there even when pregneant. very positive environment. would recommend others that need a job to put application in if they were hiring.
Caring boss, fun assistant manager
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 20, 2016
Very much enjoy working here, would like to see more money per hour, but who wouldn't, also hard to advance in the company.
Pros
free fountain drinks
Cons
"working breaks" meaning taking short breaks with the likelihood of being interrupted.
Loved my Manager at Valley Park, MO!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valley Park, MOJanuary 8, 2016
She is a fantastic manager to work for. I really enjoyed working for her because she cares about her business, customers and employee's. She expects a lot from her people but that's ok because the benefits out weight it all. If I ever move back to Missouri, she would be the first person I would contact for employment because she is that assume!
Pros
The manager will work with your schedule if she can.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Motomart
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILOctober 1, 2014
My Typical day at Motomart consisted of helping customers, stocking the cooler, making coffee, sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping. When the managers and assistant managers were not there, I was expected to make sure all of the tasks were performed before I left for my shift.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being with my co-workers and getting to know the regular customers.
Pros
very busy, variety of customers.
Cons
sometimes repetitive work.
Typical convenient store work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Carterville, ILJuly 9, 2014
MotoMart is your typical convenient store and I pretty much did it all. As an associate I had the basic duties of cleaning the store and taking customers. As a shift leader I was the weekend manager. This meant that I did the reports on all the associates registers and counted the money that came in the day before. I had to replenish the ATM, do a cigarette audit, check in the incoming product, and check the gas levels. Most of my co-workers were on the lazy side which was kinda the hardest part of the job. It was a lot of working twice as hard to make up what wasn't done the shift before. The most enjoyable for me was the customers that came in. Friendships are made with regular customers and they take an interest in your life.
Pros
pretty good job security, not to difficult of work
Cons
short breaks, co-workers can be lazy
Fun atmosphere, great customer service experience
Customer Service Agent/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILSeptember 6, 2013
Cashier, customer service, stock, cleaning, etc. I learned much about customer service during my employment. Management and co-workers were great, always fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was staying awake during midnight shifts. I loved working with the customers that would come in.
Pros
great people, fun atmosphere
Cons
safety due to being on highway and being 24 hour store
fast paced
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNMarch 19, 2013
There are many things I have learned. How to comunicate well with people, how to prioritize, management skills, how to handle money and so much more. At this store we are all close. Like a family. The hardest part of the job is the crabby customers. The most enjoyable part is working with coworkers and the public. It is always great to see a smile spread.
Pros
people and learning
Cons
rude people
overworked, and overstressed
cashier (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 21, 2012
It is poorly run, with a manager that considers favoritism over store well being. Has excellent benefits-401k, life insurance, health insurance
Will come to your house on your day off to get you if someone calls off. Does not give you the option to say I can't work
Will fire you for no reason-even if you were the one keeping the place clean and organized
Pros
401k, heath insurance, life insurance, employee bonus every 3 months
Cons
manager, coming to the house

4.4