MotorCity Casino Employee Reviews

Very Productive
Change Attendant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 4, 2015
Count bank in with a witness (another employee or supervisor) for accurate amount for bank balance
how to multi task
wonderful
work well with others
mid shift bank transfer
how the company always thank you for your dedication
Pros
fast paced and fun
Cons
to many breaks
A typical day
Coat Check Host/ On-Call (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 30, 2015
It was a great place to work for. I would highly recomend this job to anyone. The people are friendly and very helpful to new hirers. They give you uniforms and clean them for you. They feed you for free. We have our own caffiteria. and there is always room for advancement. The hardest part was when the season was over
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and dinner, they clean your uniforms
Cons
I never seemed to find anything wrong with this company
Former employee
Cook (Former Employee) –  Detroit miAugust 12, 2015
The job wasn't geared towards learning and crafting your learned skills however it was more so geared towards finding ways to make employees miserable divided and paranoid about loosing their job. Management is unproductive,mean, and avoid employees unless their targeted for being fired.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management employee relationships
COCKTAIL SERVER-Fun and Drama mixed together
cocktail server (Former Employee) –  Detroit,MichiganMay 5, 2015
The pay was good for the position. Serve drinks and get paid up to about 12 an hour. They have a union and got raises. It's best to just keep to yourself because there is so much drama in this place with the servers and bartenders. This position is not meant to be a career, I would highly recommend this for anyone ages 21-30 and 30 is pushing it. Management very strict about liquor cleanup after last call, they do not hesitate to give write-ups for any issues so DO YOUR JOB. Tips are great if you smile and work hard for your money. Some days can get really slow but don't get caught "doing nothing". I would say they do have a high turnover for this position but there is a lot of longevity within this company. Overall its a very fun job, it only requires you to look cute, smile and serve drinks for the most part and who wouldn't like that? There is tons of security and cameras everywhere, I felt safe leaving!
Pros
Free lunch, I felt safe, great pay
Cons
Drama, some managers are mean, shift bid
l am a people person love ve around people.
I am a people's person. (Former Employee) –  Detroit MichiganDecember 9, 2014
I have been a cashier for eight years at Vicki's B B q and I love it. I prepare the customer food service them and ring them up for the price of food. And also get to no my customer and their name ; how they like their prepare.
Pros
food for free
Cons
short break is 15min. healthcare is insurance that you pay into that is use for emergency.
a very challenging fun place to work
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 23, 2014
rite after I punch the clock I feel that im on a mission to get the job done that means preparing quality fresh great tasting food for our guests.I had the pleasure of working with a great group of men,women and chefs who worked closely together ,it was like family.I really enjoied working at motorcity casino.
Pros
great benefits, associates, learning possibilities
great people learning job
Cocktail Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 8, 2014
you work with so many different people and learn so much about different cultures.
Loved it
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 13, 2013
I loved working in the casino. It was like working and partying at the same time.
Mmc
Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Detroit,MIAugust 11, 2013
There is only ONE good thing about this job and that is the hourly pay you receive. I have never seen an establishment pay their employees as much as they do here. But just because they pay you good does not mean that it is a great company to work for. No one cares about anyone else but themselves. Many of the workers are LAZY because they have a union standing behind them. If you are a part-time employee you will NEVER matter to anyone even if you work a million times harder than full-timers that have been there since day one. And to the reviews before mine... yes it is true that MMC workers are mostly AA. But I have never seen management poorly treat co-workers because of their skin color. On another note.. good luck to whoever gets hired. Just remember your here because of one thing and one thing only and that is a PAYCHECK.
Pros
great pay.
Cons
no one will ever appreciate how hard you work.
I love Security work, period, it's what do. i have been security since the age of 19 and i'm now 49, 30 year of security experience and i still love i
security Officer II (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 30, 2013
Motor city casino was my first real security experience in terms of true responsibility. report writing, arrest procedures, radio response and the true meaning of protection of life and property.
Easy Jobs, Bad Management
Travel (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 10, 2013
I have work for this company for a couple years and Its an exciting work environment to work in, but the management sucks particularly the male bosses. Someone stated that the management in their department is borderline racist toward AA, which is very true. The casino is predominantly employes AAmericas but all the mangers are White, that's descrimitory within its self IMO. The food & Beverage department has very few if any non colored employees but predominantly white mangers and i don't understand how a couple of these guys haven't got this casino sued.
Pros
advancement oppurtunities, great enviorment, easy positions
Cons
slave driver management, fees and dues
Fun exciting
Theater Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 24, 2013
make an enourmus amount of tips, management sucked the are border line racisit towards african americans.
a company with the right stuff
Tactical Support Deputy (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 12, 2013
overall good solid company. the management team understood tyhe value of its employess and work toward creating a good organizational environment
Pros
growth, pay, engagement of employees outstanding
Cons
unions
A typical work day was a progression f going to work day after day and receiving the benefits that were offered.
Human Resources Benefits Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 10, 2013
A typical work day is going to work to deal with the same issues and being stagnate within the same position currently held. There is no ongoing meetings, training or cross training within the department. I have learned a great deal of information in all aspects of Human Resources. Management is inexperienced and not fully knowledgeable in leadership. With the exception of a couple, my co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job is dealing with inexperienced managers with no leadership experience and who micro-managed. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers, experiencing all aspects of personalities within the different departments and being educated in Human Resources.
Pros
free lunches with employee cafeteria
Cons
management