MotorCity Casino Employee Reviews

Nice
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 31, 2017
Great place to work with amazing benefits. They try and promote your advancement and offer tuition reimbursement. The facility is clean and the provide free food and they also clean your uniforms free of charge.
Very entertaining place to work
Slot Attendant/Cage Cashier/Main Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 14, 2017
Fast pace mostly at night management did great job pay and benefits are great if you worked hard they noticed and you would be promoted if you like working with the public from all walks of life this would be the place
exciting work environment
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 2, 2017
I enjoyed working with the public and servicing machines. I liked that there was always an opportunity for advancement. I was able to learn new things while on the job everyday.
Pros
working with the public, learning new things, opportunities for advancement
Cons
having to change work shifts periodically
fun
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 12, 2017
fun work enviorment especisally if you have never been in the casino.. management s kinda fun but they are not very understanding.. most enjoyable part of the job is learning about the casino
nice cafeteria
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 6, 2017
Typical day at work would be 8hrs at your gaming table or maybe your rotating between 3 tables 20 mins a piece with 15 mins break after an hr on the gaming floor. I learned how to deal with different sets of people all ages, all shapes, all races. The hardest part of the job is dealing with negative people when you get them, people who literally wanna just make your night horrible. Either because you dealt a bad hand or they're having a terrible night. The most enjoyable part was the culture and workplace, working with some many great and different people. Motor City was a very diverse place.
Pros
good pay, break every hr
Cons
no life, smoking enviorment
Really fun place to work
Transportation Valet Cashier (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48226March 8, 2017
Its a great place to work. Great environment and great people. Lots of room for advancement and a great place to start a career. Lots of opportunity for overtime and full time work.
Pros
Free lunches
Good place to work i have been there for 11 years and their is no room for advancement.
Detroit (Current Employee) –  DetroitJanuary 12, 2017
I have been working at the casino for 11 years and counting and I enjoy my job but I'm looking for a better opportunity and room for advancement, with the economy increasing Im looking for a more lucrative opportunity.
Pros
Flexible hours, free lunch
Cons
No room for advancement looking better career oppurtunities.
A great place for people who are night owls
Players Club Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 11, 2017
For me, working the grave shift, it was a good fit because I can rarely sleep at night. Although this was the time the excitement began to die down, a lot of the younger employees work this shift.
Fun workplace
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 8, 2016
Very Very fast paced job. Overtme is always available. This job is very repetitious, but pays well. Great benefits are great. Co-worker is what makes the place so great.
So much money generated...so little staff training.
Fine Dining Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 2, 2016
Managers are poorly trained, they break every rule of how to treat guests and workers. Staff also untrained-thru no fault of their own.
poor place to work, plenty of backstabbers, management sucks
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 10, 2016
Most of the employees are people with poor skills that could not maintain a REAL job. The place is like a high school where you have 20,30,40 and 50 year olds going into their second childhood. They form cliques and married and single employees mess around with each other. If your cute, you will be hit on by employees and managers. Alot of drama there. Management targets employees they don't like and try to fire them. Union is soft as butter. Management targets employees on high union wage tier to fire so the company can save money. Casino is subpar and falling apartment. Poor management.
Pros
Free food, good pay
Cons
Too much drama. Poorly trained management.
good
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 24, 2016
it was great working there and the pay and the staff are great I also would tell people to go there and enjoy the atmosphere . the food wasn't that good but that didn't really matter because I never really eat anyway .
Pros
food
Cons
hours
productive work enviroment and steady
Service assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 7, 2016
Very busy business during holidays and weekend.Compensation very good.empyees and management get along very well and very clean work environment..I think the hardest part of this job was that it never really slowed down.
Pros
free entries for employees.
Cons
never ever closed
great place to work
Line cook/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 10, 2016
great place to work, but there is much room for advancement unless you wanna work 70 hours a week as a manager. always something going on in the theater.
Pros
free food, great pay
Cons
no team work
They wanted me gone, so I quit before I was terminated.
Utility Person (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 27, 2015
This place was by far the worst job I have ever worked. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because of the benefits health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Management is unproductive and uncaring. The union I was in was useless, if you have a problem with a coworker or manager good luck trying to get help from them. Most of my coworkers were very lazy. I was put with many of them on numerous occasions. And when I complained about this nothing was done. Management just wanted us to get into an argument and then they could terminate both of us. BEWARE OF THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's good for people who want to go back to school so they need a job to keep them afloat until they graduate. Or for some who just needs a part time job. But to try and make this place your permanent job will not work out for you.
Pros
The weekly pay and the pay rate.
Cons
Management, lazy coworkers, . So much gossip going around in this place most of it vicious lies. Created by heartless people.
Very Productive
Change Attendant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 4, 2015
Count bank in with a witness (another employee or supervisor) for accurate amount for bank balance
how to multi task
wonderful
work well with others
mid shift bank transfer
how the company always thank you for your dedication
Pros
fast paced and fun
Cons
to many breaks
A typical day
Coat Check Host/ On-Call (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 30, 2015
It was a great place to work for. I would highly recomend this job to anyone. The people are friendly and very helpful to new hirers. They give you uniforms and clean them for you. They feed you for free. We have our own caffiteria. and there is always room for advancement. The hardest part was when the season was over
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and dinner, they clean your uniforms
Cons
I never seemed to find anything wrong with this company
Former employee
Cook (Former Employee) –  Detroit miAugust 12, 2015
The job wasn't geared towards learning and crafting your learned skills however it was more so geared towards finding ways to make employees miserable divided and paranoid about loosing their job. Management is unproductive,mean, and avoid employees unless their targeted for being fired.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management employee relationships
COCKTAIL SERVER-Fun and Drama mixed together
cocktail server (Former Employee) –  Detroit,MichiganMay 5, 2015
The pay was good for the position. Serve drinks and get paid up to about 12 an hour. They have a union and got raises. It's best to just keep to yourself because there is so much drama in this place with the servers and bartenders. This position is not meant to be a career, I would highly recommend this for anyone ages 21-30 and 30 is pushing it. Management very strict about liquor cleanup after last call, they do not hesitate to give write-ups for any issues so DO YOUR JOB. Tips are great if you smile and work hard for your money. Some days can get really slow but don't get caught "doing nothing". I would say they do have a high turnover for this position but there is a lot of longevity within this company. Overall its a very fun job, it only requires you to look cute, smile and serve drinks for the most part and who wouldn't like that? There is tons of security and cameras everywhere, I felt safe leaving!
Pros
Free lunch, I felt safe, great pay
Cons
Drama, some managers are mean, shift bid
l am a people person love ve around people.
I am a people's person. (Former Employee) –  Detroit MichiganDecember 9, 2014
I have been a cashier for eight years at Vicki's B B q and I love it. I prepare the customer food service them and ring them up for the price of food. And also get to no my customer and their name ; how they like their prepare.
Pros
food for free
Cons
short break is 15min. healthcare is insurance that you pay into that is use for emergency.