Motorists Insurance Group Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Review
Resident Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 23, 2014
The people were great to work with. I have no regrets about working for them.
Going through tremendous growing pains right now
Infrastructure Services (Former Employee) –  ColumbusJune 14, 2014
Working in IT, the environment naturally changes all the time, however right now due to a shift in upper management there is a ton of changes occurring unilaterally. I feel that each team in IT want to do their own thing, but unless its in the "super important" category laid down by middle management the project that your team has been talking about, and working on for the past year will get pushed aside and lose all traction.

Work days are terribly long, and what used to be a ton of fun is no longer.

Learning is probably the shinning star in this company over the past 2 years I have learned more things than all other years combined.

Management is broken into 4 tiers: Lower, middle, upper, and executive (duh, right?) - lower tends to want to do the right thing by their employees, middle management tends to micromanage the heck out of their lower managers, upper management doesn't seem like they want to make any direct decisions and the executive team feels disconnected from what is going on in the trenches.

Love my co-workers - this is typically the core reason why I get up in the morning and actually go in, not to mention the culture of the teams are fantastic.

Hardest part of are the requirements out of management - I have heavy requirements of my time and not enough time in the week to do it. I do not get to spend as much time with my family as I used to (2 years ago) and I see this continuing to get worse.

The most enjoyable parts of the job are the co-workers, and having the ability to learn new things (although learning has slowed down because of the extreme demand
  more... for production work which has spiked over the past 2 years).

Overall - I feel that if your not in IT things generally are better, however at the same time things seem very difficult across the company with each department having their own challenges.
Pros
culture, co-workers, and a very approachable executive team.
Cons
poor compensation, work life balance is terrible, deplorable morale.
I would look elsewheres
Employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus ohioMay 5, 2014
Company invoking their VISION by CEO. If you want to insure your wife and family here, look elsewhere. If your spouse is working, she is required to go on her own insurance plan. You will pay two premiums, yours and theirs. Take it from experience, this place is operating on the good ole boys principal.
Pros
employees are good people
Cons
management wears blinders, and shades. see only what they want to see.
Many good people to work with. Management and compensation just average.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  IowaMay 2, 2014
Overall average company to work for. Great for people who already have family working there.
Great people, helpful environment
Web Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 10, 2013
This is a good company to work for. You're almost always busy, but it's manageable. My coworkers are great and can always help me with any questions I have. The hardest part of the job is learning the frameworks and how all of the applications work with it. Once you know how it works, you're good to go.

Want to know more about Motorists Insurance Group?

Ask a question