Motorola Mobility Employee Reviews

Fast-paced, forever changing information, difficult problems to solve but you felt very fulfilled mostly when you went home.
NPI Operations Manager & Strategic Planning (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2017
No regrets working at Motorola for 22+ years. I met a lot of smart people and learned more than one could expect. The people were cordial and professional for the most part. Working in the New Products Factory, it was difficult dealing with the constant LAST minute changes when a plan was already in motion.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too many other companies bought us out.
Great place to work, seen the evolution of cellular devices and industry
SW test lead (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILAugust 17, 2017
As a Product Support Engineer I achieved a diverse and all round experience from Manufacturing to Device Planning and launch of new devices. Learned the Global certifications process.
room to grow and fun place to work
Senior Software Engineer, Product Integration (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 10, 2017
room to grow and fun place to work. Great work life balance, opportunity to learn and contribute to decision making. Explore many possibilities and opportunities.
prodactiv and fun working place
MANUFACTURING OPERATOR II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2017
It is a cross training work place that is why I learn a lot and so nice management and workplace culture is a great and the enjoyable t part of work is learn every day new thing.
Gold Star Historically speaking
PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJuly 20, 2017
This company was once great and innovative. it set the bar for what a company should be. Then the lay-offs started and the culture was lost. it was replaced with fear and anxiety served up 5 days a week.
I enjoyed working for Motorola Mobility
Manufacturing Coordinator, Technical Operations (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJuly 18, 2017
Working for Motorola Mobility can be very fast paced at times depending on the products life cycle. My direct management team was very knowledgeable and great to work with and for. The hardest part of the job was working late nights or taking conference calls with coworkers in Asia. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with many coworkers/friends and seeing the finished product we put out
Pros
coworkers and work environment
Cons
Upper management decision making
Competitive and stressful but fun and friendly
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 10, 2017
The level of talent and expertise, even among most management, is extremely high. I was challenged and learned something new on a daily basis. Stress was high often, and frequently had to work extra hours in the office and from home at night. Co-workers built a sense of team, and were friendly for the most part. Very relaxed office environment, such as break rooms and causal attire, helped a lot.
Pros
Very smart people, casual atmosphere
Cons
Stress deadlines, work always on your mind
Fun and Great Workplace
Project Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2017
Excellent Company with great people to Work, Learn and Grow
Many opportunities,Good Culture
Good Salary and Benefits
Good Worklife balance
Company family events
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
great place to work within a slowing down industry
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 4, 2017
the people there are nice, location is great, compensation are decent, environment are open. I got a manager that is open and helped me a lot in teaching me all kinds of things
Full of good technical engineers
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 10, 2017
Engineers here are very talented and smart. They can really make and deliver the products. At the same time, they are very willing to help each other. Even we all left the company, we still keep in contact.
It was a Tech company, very cool.
Accounting Associate II (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, IL 60048April 24, 2017
Once was a multinational telecommunication company, big and a bit overwhelming. You felt like you belong to a great community working on running a big organism. Work is constant and can be challenging. Like any other huge companies, it outsources jobs or have massive lay-offs especially when the Quarterly financials are down. We've seen a lot of people come and go, and soon realized how expendable you can be to a big company.
Pros
Was a very exciting technology company
Cons
Fear of losing job during low Stock Quotes
Game Room, Cool Products, Amazing Office building
Global Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2017
Fun place to work. Amazing team and culture. Very tech savvy teams that are looking to innovate and redefine how people interact and communicate throughout the world.
Pros
Office Building, Gym, Products
Cons
Job Security, Management
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
call center (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City UtahApril 19, 2017
Bilingual education computación Hablarl con la gente
Pros
Seguro médico
Cons
No ay descanso para tomar café
A good place to work and learn
Associate Engineer (Quality) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2017
The company policies have changed over the years due to ownership changes but it still fosters a good working environment that you can grow in and expand your skills.
Energetic, multi culture culture and work force
Staff Mechanical Engineer / Project Manage (Former Employee) –  ChicagoMarch 24, 2017
Excellent work place considering a good work and life balance. Although it doesn't provide top pay in the industry, the company allows flexible work hours, and vacation times.
Tons of talent & innovation - somewhat chaotic management
Sr. Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2017
I was recruited to the company with a generous offer package in the year 2000 as Motorola was acquiring General Instrument which became their video service provider division that formed Motorola Mobility with the Mobile Devices business unit.

The combined business unit was acquired by Google not long before I was laid off in 2011.

Compared to my previous company the compensation was much better, but the company culture was not. There was a lack of unified understanding about various business objectives throughout the different yet connected businesses and departments which created a kind of push me - pull you - atmosphere. Despite that, there was a tremendous amount of talent and intelligence, though not always completely maximized through good internal communication, the end result was still production of extremely smart, innovative new video technologies which were developed, utilized. and mass marketed by Google before they divided and sold off the video business unit to Arris subsequent to my departure.

I worked with some wonderful managers who learned & leveraged my talents and best work, while others did the opposite. So my experience was mixed. My favorite parts of the job were creating materials that were useful to our business customers in creating demand for our products because I could see the benefits to their customers, our customers, and our company. The hardest part of the job was tolerating internal roadblocks to productivity and success for all those same pieces of the supply chain.
cool tech
Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMarch 16, 2017
typical day or work: meetings, emails, working on you tasks

most enjoyable pat of work: put together the design and it works

the hardest thing: face a issue, u have no clue what's wrong, or no solution for an issue
people are helpful and professional;
Principal Staff Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2017
Flexible work hrs, but expecting night conf. calls; Cool product and tech to work on. good benefit, people are helpful and professional;
Too bad the company is going down
Fun, challenging environment
NA and Global Marketing/eCommerce Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2017
Motorola has gone through many hard times (layoffs) and is trying to accomplish a lot of work while being understaffed. The people here are fantastic and the environment is extremely laid back but you need to wear multiple hats.
Great Culture!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2017
Motorola by Google promoted awesome culture and career direction. Best place I've worked in my career thus far, unfortunately things have changed and not for the better.