Motorola Mobility Employee Reviews

great place to work
Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 4, 2014
i worked for the cable television products division (home & mobility) for a number of years. i learned a lot, made a lot of good friends, and accomplished a lot in my tenure there. challenging environment with great benefits.
Changes, Changes, Changes
Supply Chain Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 25, 2012
There have been a lot of changes since I started working here but it is a good place to work. Good benefits, nice co-workers, learning opportunities.
Pros
good benefits, good location
Cons
company direction changing frequently
History ..
Test Team Lead / Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  SunnyvaleOctober 17, 2015
Had a great time working there with great talents and cool products, the enjoyable part was the team dynamics and work culture.
Pros
Work culture, team dynamics, work life balance, opportunity to work on different teams and products
Cons
Slow growth in career.
A great place to work
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMarch 13, 2013
Motorola employees work hard, but there are many benefits.
Pros
free phones
Excellent place to work
Electronic Technician, Central Repair Service (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILNovember 15, 2012
Worked 24 years with Motorola Mobility, nice place to work, seen many up and down for the company.
Pros
good health insurance, good 401k.
Cons
long drive
Good Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 12, 2014
I enjoyed my time there and would like to go back. Good pay, benefits, and work environment.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Lay offs
Creative environment
Designer III Printed Circuit Board (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 4, 2016
Motorola makes excellent products yet the marketing is weak resulting in poor sales. I was provided the opportunity to learn something new everyday! Co-workers all give 100%.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Poor marketing and Sr. Management
Excellent Work Place
Key Account Manager Marketing, (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 3, 2012
Great company I have ever worked, great people, excellent benefits.
Sales Coordinator / Event / Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 16, 2015
Big company and office and very politics. Room to grow and how you grew. Flexible and cultural oriented. Company growth was fast and great town hall meetings where you got to meet the new people. Lots of training for improvement.There was a lot of variety in what I did each day and projects that were challenging and exciting.
Great colleagues and learning from them. Fun activities and communities hours helping other organization.
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
Down size
Calm work environment
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2016
The work environment is awesome. The people are nice and friendly. I have no complaints about the Company other than there's no job security.
Pros
Free snacks and beverage, game room, cool work environment
Cons
no job security

Want to know more about Motorola Mobility?

Ask a question
OK place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAFebruary 25, 2016
I liked Motorola Mobility (Google --> Arris --> Pace). My immediate manager was great. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I thought I was making a very positive impact until the day I got laid-off. I was told it was a numbers game. I guess. This is now Arris/Pace and the Horsham facility (PA) where I worked apparently had a 15% layoff.
Pros
easy commute, good manager
Cons
insecure jobs
Fast-paced environment - unnecesarily
Business Ops (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMay 16, 2014
Decision Making:
Motorola Mobility is very fast-paced, but not because of the industry. It is because they rush to make a decision without fully analyzing the pros & cons - which in turn, causes the need to QUICKLY rework what should have been planned properly from the beginning.

Environment:
Has evolved to being very cut-throat. The people are so accustomed to layoffs that a 'fight' mentality is now pervasive through most departments. This is sad, because it used to be a genuinely caring work environment.

Duplicity:
On one hand the new company leaders wants people with either advanced degrees or degrees from top-tier schools. But on the other hand, in many cases when the existing management does not have those credentials, the person with degree is not valued and sometimes even envied by some managers. (not a good place to be)
Pros
Pays very, very well
Cons
Tough, cut-throat work environment
A good company with many highly skilled and well trained employees. Teams worked together cross functionally toward common goals and objectives.
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJanuary 9, 2016
A great place to work at when I started in 1995. Cell phone technology was relatively new and rapidly developing. There was always something new going on and it was exciting to work with very motivated people.
Pros
Skilled, motivated co-workers. Synergy and dedication.
Cons
Tight time frames for product development and approval process.
Productive, quick paced work environment, that produced results.
Software / Hardware Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2012
Was taught and researched methods to make the department run more efficiently. My co-workers were a knowledgeable and we complemented each others skills well. Management was tough but fair; as long as you did your job and all customers/users were satisfied they were happy. The hardest and also the most enjoyable part of the job was being on the bleeding edge of technology.
Pros
working on the cutting edge of technology
Cons
no real room for advancement.
An overall fair and fun company to work for.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Always room for advancement, always taking care of their employees and ensuring they were happy and excited to come to wok everyday to learn new techniques.
Very talented group of people. Churn in ownership and senior leadership plagues this waning brand.
Director of Product Management (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2015
Some of the brightest folks in the telecom / consumer electronics business. While the Mobility business did well to break away from the slow-moving, wasteful culture of the old Motorola, it continues to be plagued by "musical chairs" ... a constant churn in senior leadership / ownership. In the cut-throat smartphone business, this has created disastrous consequences. If the company does dig itself out of its current funk, it will be a miracle pulled off by an outstanding team of engineers and designers.
Not a stable place to work as of right now.
Test Technician/Operator (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILFebruary 7, 2013
Every quarter people are worried about losing their jobs. Every town hall meeting the management team says the same thing we are losing money, we have to reduce costs. Its very hard to concentrate on your job when your worried about losing it.
Maybe when they move downtown things will get better, by then hopefully the layoffs would have stopped.
Pros
get to see and feel new products before the market
Cons
job security, no loyality, no recognition, no bonus rewards
Tough environment at the moment
confidential (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJuly 28, 2013
Work is stale with little advancement opportunities. Learned a lot in the early years but later everything became the same w/ no new growth. Co-workers are good, smart.

Hardest part of the job is that the future is somewhat bleak. It was like that for years and hard to continue working in that environment.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Challenging Work/Life balance; no future
learning environment
Technician Manufacturing Process, Senior (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILFebruary 8, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It was a great learning experience. Most of the people are excellent to get along with and are very willing to share knowledge.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Some engineers are out for themselves
Fast-paced, challenging and people oriented
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2015
There is always a certain amount of red tape in a big company like Motorola. But a typical day at work consists of understanding the project's requirements and what resources are made available to us to allocate. Time (which is translatable to cost) is always of an essence at Motorola and at least in my team.

I learned how to really listen to people whom I worked with (cross-functional teams) and learned the different technical terminologies that they use in their scope of work and how I can better communicate to them to assist in moving the project along.

My management was strong; with clear instructions and laid out project assignments which all of us worked very hard to achieve our goals. We worked together cohesively and built each other up. We invest in our strengths and work out our differences.

The hardest part of the job is that because the company is constantly transitioning, it was hard to keep up with the changes i.e people leaving due to lay off and voluntary resignation. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a team with people who truly care about one another, apart from getting our jobs done. We learned how to joke and laugh with each other.
Pros
Great team, challenging assignments.
Cons
consistent changes in management/teams. Layoffs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motorola Mobility. Our community is ready to answer.