Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Great company with a unique work culture
EMEA Telecom Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, llinois,USAJune 30, 2016
Part of a telephony team providing and supporting global VoIP solution. Project management of EMEA telecoms expansions and responsible for all aspects of project roll out from inception to testing and sign-off on site.
Great company with excellent benfits
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Illinois and FloridaJune 7, 2016
Motorola provided great benefits. It was full of growth opportunities that provided valuable experience. Continuous restructurings were challenging and limited employee morale.
I enjoyed working there. The work was challenging and the people were great.
Principal Staff Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 20, 2016
Motorola was a great place to work. The life-work balance was very good. My managers were generally very good. Much was learned because of the level of knowledge and experience was tremendous and people were very willing to help. My last manager was exceptional. Co-workers were always very professional and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was that the customer for first responder radio equipment wanted to keep and purchase more of the equipment that was designed decades ago and obsolescence was a continuing problem. The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge of the work and the people.
Pros
Great people, good work
Cons
Maintaining old equipment, the customer insisted upon continuing to buy.
Good people and good projects
FSRAM Memories - Product/Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 18, 2016
Good benefits. Lots of good people to work with. Varied equipment to work with. Lots of different tasks to expand experience. Good opportunity for travel to external factories.
Pros
Travel and benefits
Cons
Long work weeks
Company has lost focus and is concentrating strictly short term revenue
MSSSI Vice President, Strategic Projects (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 17, 2016
The company has been solely focused on short term bottom line earnings, giving no attention to top line and long term growth. Motorola developed Six Sigma in the market place and was first Malcolm Baldridge award winner. Today, Motorola has one person responsible for quality worldwide. There are no quality measures, project quality or customer satisfaction surveys. Senior people with institutional knowledge are being let go due to high salaries in order to improve bottom line.
Pros
Wonderful customers, great products, good people working for the company
Cons
Poor top leadership and inexperienced executive leadership team
Learned the basics of Software Engineering to explore my options
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 12, 2016
Learned a lot about engineering but did not think it was for me so I continued to pursue my business, accounting, and management degrees at DePaul.
Before it was acquired by Google and then by Intel, it was ok
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 11, 2016
I left before Google acquired it. It was ok, but what can you say about an 80 year old company? After I left, the company was split and mobile devices was sold to Google. Then they turned around and sold it to Intel.
Associate (Former Employee) –  shaumbergMay 9, 2016
I have no review to give for this company, it was years ago when I worked there. I wasn't pleased with the pay but liked the hours.
Good work environment and engaging tasks.
Lead - New Product Distribution (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 4, 2016
The day starts with reviewing the schedule and matching resources to the tasks to be accomplished. The depot depended very much on a self-motivating work force. Members of the team needed to be on their toes as to organizing what needs to be done when, and then going about meeting the goal.
I learned much about time management and being organized as to matching resource and productivity. The management we came into contact with on a daily or weekly basis were thoughtful and sharp. My co-workers were of high quality and dedicated.
Probably the most difficult part of getting things done on time was the supply chain issues involved with a fast paced service.
The reward for a well satisfied customer was itself rewarding.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Pressures of meeting customer expectations with, at times, slow vendor response to our needs.
Great People
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJApril 26, 2016
Great people to work with. Customer focused with industry leading products. Engineers and service team are outstanding.
Team oriented
Pros
Employees
No longer exists as it did when I worked there
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 23, 2016
I worked for Motorola just as it was being split into parts and sold into separate entities. The group I worked for was sold to Nokia, and have no insight into how it is now.
challenging
Senior Systems Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis MNApril 22, 2016
wimax feature testing onnew releases

nice working place.

Not very good management

worked there for a few years

not reading
Pros
fine
Cons
not
Productive and Fun Work place
Staff QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 13, 2016
Hard and challenging work place. Worked in a great team environment, with great co-workers. My manager challenged us to expand our work skills and education. I had the opportunity to learn and expand on my networking skills. I obtained my CCNA license while working for Arris.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Laid off
Learning experience
Lead Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Harvard, ILApril 2, 2016
Good support from engineers on cellphone technology at the time. To bad all cellphone production went offshore to other countries.
Great company
Manager, Expatriate Tax Programs (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 30, 2016
This was a great company to work for. Valued employees and rewarded people for hard work and dedication. Only reason I left is because our department was outsourced.
best place to work.
cellular operator (Former Employee) –  Harvard, ILMarch 24, 2016
I enjoy to work for motorola. I learned a lot from this place. I think
motorola is the best company I ever work,good benefits.they respect there employees. and enjoy with management.
Enjoyable and exciting place to work
Coordinator/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 24, 2016
A typical work day I try not to stress and everything that I have opted to do becomes a success. I like to achieve what I have set up to do.I have a splendid personality and enjoy people.
Pros
I'm a people person
Cons
I don't like envious people
workplace
Financial Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Holtsville, NYMarch 23, 2016
Motorola was a wonderful company that outsource the department that I was in to Mexico. We had a gym and a kitchen in the work place.
Productive and fun place to work
Software Technician SR (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 22, 2016
Motorola was one of the best places to work. The job and people are A+ with an excellent environment an atmosphere. I had the opportunity to learn and develop most of skills while put in practice my knowledge and experience.
no comment
Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 16, 2016
This field is left intentionally blank. Just trying to list a resume by completing the bare minimum in this field.

Blank
\
Blank

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motorola Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2