Motorola Solutions

Motorola Solutions Employer Reviews

Supportive team players
RF SYSTEM ENGINEER (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJune 9, 2014
I truly enjoyed working for this company. Great work Ethics.
Process is quick for getting things done. Management was very supportive for any question or concerns, willing to listen in meetings.
I do not recall if I had hard time completing task.
Authoritarian - the boss is always right, even when he is wrong
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 21, 2014
Pros: history of innovation
Cons: authoritarian, unprofessional peer reviews
In summary, it is: Authoritarian - the boss is always right, even when he is wrong. There is no discussion allowed. Disagreement is seen as being argumentative.

The peer reviews help forming cliques in the team based on popularity and jealousy rather than the work itself. This encourages politics and "inbred" teams. More like a college fraternity.

It – more... is very sad, for the company which invented the cell phone and whose equipment helped in the moon landings.

This is a company that is a shell of its former self. I loved this company, but was laid off. – less
Great place
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 7, 2014
It's a great place to work all around, if I didn't have to leave for personal family reasons I'm not sure I ever would have.
Detailed oriented and well organized training coordinator with over 7 years of experience. Successfully managed large and complex training projects in
New Product Introduction Coordinator (Current Employee), Kraków, PolandApril 7, 2014
● Ability to work in fast growing and changing environment
● Ability to work independently
● Detail oriented
● Ability to coordinate multiple tasks at the same time
● Team player
● Ability to solve complex problems under pressure
Good company to work for with some opportunities for progressive postions.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: continuous cost cutting and outsourcing
My typical week consists of 4 day travel to my territory and 1 day for paperwork. I usually travel 3 weeks and 1 week home office. The most enjoyable part of my job was providing sales and product training and going on sales calls with my resellers. I learned how to simplify our training materials to where my resellers can utilize it in their daily – more... sales calls. I have also learned to work with very diverse groups of people and several vertical markets in both commercial and government accounts. I have sharpened my skills in relationship building and listening skills. The hardest part of my job is to schedule training, ride alongs and sales calls with my resellers in a short window of time in a specific geographic area. My home office was in Chicago and i handled 13 states in the western part of the country. The managers I had with Motorola were the best. They support and encourage creative and free thinking in territory management. – less
Motorola will not last in So Fla
Engineer (Former Employee), PlantationMarch 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits, very independent environment to work in
Cons: no job stability, company is not employee oriented, too many lay-offs, outsources
The hours of work are very flexible and people are very independent. After working in Motorola, you will definitely come out with a strong resume as the job is very demanding and complex. Do not expect job security, however. I am surprise to see so many positions available right now after their recent lay offs of a great number of employees. Motorola – more... is very stock oriented so they do not hesitate when it comes to down-size and outsource. They have recently sold their LAST facility in So Fla and are currently leasing. I don't see any long term plans for the Engineers in So Fla. – less
Very productive and had video games
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: very flexible time to do personal things
Cons: turned out to be short term, looking for another job
Worked on assembly line or it was set up that way, eleven people on the line 2 working triage and download, two working tear down four working build up, and three working test and light cleaning.

management was cool. they were all laid back; they knew what we could do based off of the parts we had so there was no rush to an imaginary finish line ever. – more... we set our own personal goals for that day so long as they lined up with the numbers.

the people were definitely the most enjoyable parts as there were so many different backgrounds, the worst part of the job was trying to get something done with limited parts. it was frustrating. – less
Working culture
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 28, 2014
It is one of the best companies to work as part of your learning and experience in technical field. People are helpful and a lot of focus is on innovation to make product better and more useful
Very Professional
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 19, 2014
Business structure was quite precise by rules and respectful work place. There is little training and easy to communicate with other co-workers and management.
Very warm and inviting work place
Electrical Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Holtsville, NYFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: comfortable working environment
Cons: no pto, vacation, benefits
Hours: 8:30-5
check email/dashboard for updates/assignments
perform assignments and email a daily status report at EOD
Excellent work environment
Android Developer (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2014
I found I was really capable of making a standout individual contribution to exciting research and development with an excellent team of world class engineers.
Workers are expendable
Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Holtsville, NYFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: some interesting work without a huge commute
Cons: not knowing if you're next to get cut
While the work was usually interesting, it was not clear who would survive the massive layoffs of 2013. It seemed like workers were cut without much regard or compassion. And remaining workers were loaded up with impossible work loads.
Good place to start, but not so great for job security
Engineer (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: no problem taking time off when needed. good healthcare plan.
Cons: shrinking company. frequent layoffs. no respect for experience.
Pleasant, but hectic and challenging work environment. Co-workers are generally helpful, if they aren't in crisis mode. Training is easy to get, but you have to take the initiative to find and request it. This is a good place to develop new skills.

The first 1-2 promotions will be easy to get if you work hard and fit in, but promotions past mid grade – more... are much rarer and increase your chance of being laid off.

Management is very top-down, and those at the top don't do a very good job of seeing all the implications of their decisions. The current thrust is "right-sizing", which means continuing layoffs as the company shrinks. It's all about the bottom line.

Make sure that you have an exit strategy if you stay longer than 5 years. Current practice favors laying off the most experienced people first, and anybody can be laid off if they're in the wrong place at the wrong time. – less
Productive and a fun place to work
Software Test / Build / Release Engineer (Former Employee), Plantation, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Really enjoyed working for the CPE group and Motorola for 12 years. Unfortunately, MOTO decided to reorg certain groups and many talented people were let go.
Profit focused organization, that demands high energy and multi-tasking. Very hands-on and customer focused. Senior management too involved daily ops.
Program Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: hands on, with project ownership
Cons: contractor, with no benefits
Every day is a new challenge. Multiple conference calls daily with senior management, engineering, manufacturing, pricing, shipping, installers and sales. Heavy customer involvement, with almost daily communication. Co-workers are helpful and enthusiastic, though long hours are the norm. Must be self-sufficient, as no clerical help is available. Job – more... is rewarding, knowing that the military customer is counting on our rugged, sustainable and reliable systems to save lives and property. – less
N/A
Repair Technician (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARJanuary 22, 2014
Performed changes and retrofits on clients’s equipment in conjunction with routine maintenance.
▪ Diagnoses most equipment problems using appropriate tools, test equipment, and documentation.
▪ Performed duties as assigned with an accurate and timely return of repair paperwork and parts kit while
adgherin to established ESD guidelines, repair procedures, – more... and associated safety standards. – less
Fun
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJanuary 20, 2014
Was a fun place to work with lots to learn. Learned to work as a member of a team.
Ok place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: flexible timing
Cons: slow growth
The company is flexible with your work timings, but it doesn't offer good growth opportunities.
Excellent place to work
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Schaumburg, IlJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
Great place to work and grow. Excellent management team and co-workers.
NA
Project Management Specialist/Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILDecember 13, 2013
Great company to work for...................................................

1 2 3 4