Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 1,193 reviews matching the search
pool table
Operations Manager/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 19, 2017
Im old school and all about work and getting the job daone on daily basis.I make sure i get along with everyone and have a professional relatinship with my co workers and my direct report as well . Meet company guidelines and exceed as well . I will make the best out of every situation and look forward to the next challenge.
Great Place To Work
Kyocera Representative (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 19, 2017
Doing cellular repairs on a daily basis. Great employees working as a team. Something was broken everyone did their part to have the problem solved at all times
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No Longer Running :(
Motorola Solutions is the end company I worked for
Sales Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 18, 2017
Motorola when its original form was a good company to work for. Once they divested Motorola Mobility to Google then the legacy Symbol Technologies to Zebra, it began to be a hard place to work.
Global Provider
Director Technical System Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 18, 2017
Left this very good job to go entrepreneurial, and start a company. Traveled extensively, domestic and international. Lectured on wireless technology.
Good Management and a fun place to
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 14, 2017
One of the best companies i ever worked for. The management is very helpful and understanding and recognize the good work by providing opportunities to move up the ladder.
Pros
Products available at a very good price for employees
Cons
No Cons
Good company that didn't stay relavent
Lead NPI & Software Deployment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 11, 2017
Motorola was a great company to work for. They had many challenges that ended with the company being split and sold. The company itself was very loyal to hard working employees while selling off sectors was the only way for them to maintain any level of financial stability.
very busy..
private contractor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2017
the company was sold to general dynamics. I'm not going to write a why work for them after general dynamics bought them out and took over. I cant say abything truly except I was there.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
this company no longer exists
Best Company I Ever Worked For
Assembler/Machine Operator/Solder Technician (Former Employee) –  Harvard, ILJuly 8, 2017
Motorola was a fantastic company to work for. I came to realize that after working for other companies after I was laid off at Motorola. I miss my Motorola days but I was happy and proud to be a part of that company.

A variety of work duties and was encouraged to learn as many jobs as I wanted to learn. Advancement was encouraged and supported as well.

I have no idea how the company is run now because it's been so long since I was employed there so take my review with a grain of salt.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, great people and management, close to home for me
Cons
Got laid off
Poor culture, overworked employees, horrible 3rd party HR
Content Developer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 7, 2017
Motorola is a classic example of a company that shed too many people and as a result most of the people there are actually doing several roles because there aren't enough bodies around to get it all done. I found that was the case in every department. They try to do as much work as possible with as few people as possible.
Morale was so low nobody will laugh or talk because they are afraid they will be let go. All of the empty cubes should have been a warning sign to me.
Then there is the outsourced HR. I have NEVER seen anything so horribly organized in my life! If you want anything done you have to go through a third party that doesn't communicate with itself. I had money for maternity leave benefits pulled from my paycheck even though I had already paid it. It took them weeks to give it back. They also messed up my benefits during enrollment because they "miscommunicated". That took months to fix and for them to repay what they owed. There were several other mistakes HR made too.
Pros
Free snack food and ESPP
Cons
Horrible HR, bad morale, inefficiently run, overworked employees
Driving Success
Specialist Employee Relations Sr. (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2017
The goal is always to succeed at all cost. You need to be in it to win it.The culture drives the business. Employees are the number one commodity. They move the vision to the desired outcome.
Consulting opportunity
Functional and Development Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2017
This was a consulting opportunity. Hence we provided solution that was appropriate to the client. We actively worked with the client to understand the requirements and provide an effective solution.
It was a great place to work
Director, Business Operations and Six Sigma (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJuly 1, 2017
Towards the end, it was difficult to maintain a high sense of loyalty as everyone has jumped ship. Since MOT hit rock bottom and began to stabilize, people I know that are still there are very happy.
very innovative, fun collaborative supportive environment
Sr. Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 28, 2017
The management were leaders and very innovative. The workplace culture was very supportive and respectful. Drove learning, and prioritized quality at all levels. Drove best practices and continuous improvement via key processes. Supported TL9000 audits/
Pros
benefits, stock purchase plans, profit sharing, office environment
What I have learned
Sales (Former Employee) –  Middle EastJune 27, 2017
It is a great company, one of the best but has been very slow to tune to the new music of Digital Age in SW and DATA CENTRIC FUTURE.

Loved to work for it but I think the strategic focus is totally misplaced.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Lack of Strategy
A very good work environment
Computer Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 24, 2017
Strives for work and home balance. Provided ongoing education in area of job. State of the art work environment. Implements quality in all areas of work.
Built cell phones and set up line with parts for the shift.
Line Organizer (Former Employee) –  Harvard, ILJune 23, 2017
Was a good work environment with rewards for hard work and dedication. Set up the line for the shift to build cell phones and helped my supervisor monitor number of phones built for that shift.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
long days and decline in sales lead to layoffs.
Productive and fun workplace
System Programming Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 22, 2017
I was hired as DB2 specialist working on CICS/IMS attachment, and DB2/2 setup, also worked on Data center consolidation between Schaumburg and Scotsdale in Phenoix, it was fun and highly awarded place to work.
He is an excellent Manager
Engineering Manager, Photo Process and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2017
He works with his employees as a friend and not as a boss. The employees respect him for that. He is expert in lithography processing. He has written numerous technical papers and achieved silver quill awards. He is a member of the technical ladder and was promoted twice in one year.
Pros
Great placec to work
Cons
Company as a whole lost market share.
contractor
Contractor (Former Employee) –  various locationsJune 21, 2017
good team work, information sharing a plus, good benefits, flexible work hours, contractors get treated well. Culture is friendly and tries to help you along.
The strategic path that the company Chairman chose to pursue was DOA.
VP (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJune 20, 2017
In my last role at Moto, I was in charge of a small group located in Sunnyvale. We were an "experiment" charged with developing jointly with Google three mobile phone models based on a new operating system called Android. It was the right path for a successful future, but unfortunately it was not fully supported by the company's chairman who believed that the value of Motorola was in its patent portfolio and proprietary technology.
As history quickly revealed, Google's model of open source SW development was more competitive from both a time to market and cost basis -- and ironically led to Google eventually acquiring Moto's handset division.
Pros
Food at Google was the best...
Cons
The smartest people weren't given the reins.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motorola Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2