Motorola Solutions

Motorola Solutions Employer Reviews

NA
Project Management Specialist/Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILDecember 13, 2013
Great company to work for...................................................
Great working environment on hard working teams
Product Manager (Current Employee), Plantation, FlDecember 4, 2013
Pros: job security and compensation
Cons: potential disrupters in the horizon having an impact on job security
Motorola Solutions has a strong market presence in the sectors of the economy it sells to primarily in the Public Safety communication arena. As a result, there is a strong sense of job security.
Research and Development in latest Communication Product
Digital Software Engineer (Former Employee), Plantation, FLNovember 24, 2013
One has to work 2 - 3 hours more daily to achieve the target. I had opportunity to implement the latest technology available for Communication research & development task. Dynamic management encouraging employee for team work. Very co-operative group of highly qualified engineers were my co-workers. It was state-of-art R & D work for new communication – more... product. – less
FP&A (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 29, 2013
Productive workplace and regular feedback on company performance and future vision from management. Constant communications from senior management to keep employees updated on the latest happenings and their impact.

Clear line visibility to how an individual employee's role helps company meet goals and impact results.
large company with good benefits
Senior Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 27, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: no innovative products, very limited opportunities for advancement
No growth, software development outsourced, new opportunities in services.
Highly skilled management but management culture is very confrontational.
Good cooperation from co-workers.
Upper management is focused on stock price and profits without growing the company.
Only some lip service to innovation lately.
No breakthrough products.
Mostly only improvement – more... to existing products.
Constant layoffs. – less
Assembly line work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 21, 2013
Cons: short breaks, standing up long hours is painful
It was a hard days work. Long hours standing up was not pleasant
11+ years of experience in Information technology
Senior Security application Support specialist (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 16, 2013
My Typical work day starts with looking at my emails and creating a task list.
Assign priorities to my tasks.
Manage and maintain the applications I support that includes working with different technologies like firewalls and database, windows operating systems.VM Ware.
I love to work with my co workers and appreciate their knowledge and skills and – more... try to learn from them.
Hardest part is keeping balance on my task list.

Mostly I enjoy working with my peers. – less
fun workplace
ASSEMBLER AS A CONTRACTOR (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 6, 2013
Pros: free lunch's at occasions and end of the quater and year
Cons: short breaks
everyday a enjoyable day at work..there are so many diffrent stations to work like reparing, programming, building, leaking, airflash, inspection and many types of radios..its very interesting place to work and i learn these all in motorola and i learn how to motivate peoples to work and explaning all conditions and term and services of the jobs for – more... new hires.. – less
Horribly political
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee), Sunrise, FLSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: corporate benefits are good - healthcare, the annual bonus, stock plan
Cons: poor home/work balance, unreasonable expectations, mismanagement
Too much cronyism, favoritism and politics. Too many little empires - "camps" and they are called. To be recognized and promoted, one must have friends and do a lot of "kissing u-know-what". I know that a lot of this is true everywhere one works. but its especially bad in Sunrise, Fl... FL08 location.

And once you are over 50, expect to be run out – more... of Dodge. They don't value experience but DO VALUE new grads who know nothing but will work like slaves and travel at a whim. – less
Cool place to work surrounded by brilliant people
Software engineer (Current Employee), BangaloreSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: good work
Cons: no much benifits
A typical day at work will come in morning test some products and go. the work life balance is good.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: growth and compensation
It's a fantastic place to work with very flexible work hours.
Nice place to work
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Plantation, FLSeptember 7, 2013
Enjoyed My internship. Intern projects were interesting.
Great Experiance
Senior Manager, IT Service Delivery and Governance (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 27, 2013
Pros: flexible work environment, people, culture, diversity
Cons: long hours, continuous cost reductions
I had a good career with Motorola and the work environment was top notched. The position was a difficult one since it involved changing the IT model which resulted in my change in job status.

The company was very supportive in relieving the typical stress related by the position with great flexible work environment. I truly enjoyed working for Motorola – more... Solutions and the relationships I had with my co-workers.

It is a great place to work if you are driven to be the best. – less
productive environment
Production Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 20, 2013
Pros: longevity
Cons: lay off
great place to work for nice employees and a company you would like to work for.
Assembler
Assembler (Former Employee), Schaumburg,ILAugust 13, 2013
Pros: sound engineering
Cons: respond immediately to alarms
I developed highly sophisticated products such as police radios and police scanners.
I really liked my job and benefits at Motorola.
Technical Support (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 5, 2013
I got to sit at a large enough desk area for all my parts and equipment to be close and handy.

My supervisor never had to tell me what to do. He made sure I knew how to repair the things that came to our area and occasionally would let me know that one of the products was a higher priority at that time.

I liked all my co-workers.

The hardest part – more... was learning a new product.

The most enjoyable part of working at Motorola was that I got to learn how to work on many products. I was not micro-managed. I was allowed to listen to music and my production was always good to great. – less
It's very nice friendly place for working.
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 23, 2013
Pros: fexible working hours
Cons: it's far away from my home, i've to waste too much time because of traffic jam.
My day normally starts off (at work) when I walk into our building with Morning greeting to everyone you meet at 9am. Go to my cubicle and turn my PC.
The first thing I do is checking my email and prioritizing the Emails and processing(replying or forwarding ...) them.
Then checking my Calendar and my task. Attending the 10 minutes daily Standup meeting, – more... in the meeting everybody working for the project talk about what was done yesterday and what barrier you have for you work, what you are going to do today.
After that I do some automation and manual test and report the bugs I found through the bug report tool after communicating with the product support person, the project manager and the relevant developer.
Of course I have 30 minutes lunch time every day at 12pm.
Attending or organizing 1 hour bug fixed checking in meeting, in the meeting making decision for the bug fixing and checking in priorities. Do some more function test/ regression test via automation tool/manual, analyzing the bug I found with co-worker/test lead/developer and reporting the bug via bug managing tool. Training junior new co-worker/ sharing new knowlege/technical experiences with my team members.
Writing down what I did today and what issues I solved today and what I'm going to do Tomorrow.
Setting up the over night running test case and let is run over night and say good night to the team and go home at 5pm. – less
It's very nice friendly place for working.
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 23, 2013
Pros: fexible working hours
Of course I have 30 minutes lunch time every day at 12pm.
Good Company
Pre Sales Businees Manager (Current Employee), ColoradoJune 20, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: political
Executive Management Greg Brown is a exellent CEO and I would consider him a "A" team player! He is moving this 100 year company into the future.
Motorola Review
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJune 18, 2013
I learned alot at Motorola Solutions. I managed calendars, email, pagers, supplies, started meetings. I enjoyed my job.