Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 1,177 reviews matching the search
time to move on
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 31, 2017
Worked here for 4 years and started my career in semiconductor industry. Needed new challenges and I moved on to Broadway engineering and worked there 7 yeara
May be able to turn it around but at what cost
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 31, 2017
Company trying to reinvent itself. However, there has been a constant drive to reduce staff especially in the US that has left a very poor sense of job security. Currently trying to hire more, but offered benefits and company reputation is making it difficult.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
Job security
Solid Midwestern Company
Head of Enterprise Information Management (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2017
Strong IT culture with strong leadership. Workspace is new and exciting and based in the heart of the west loop in Chicago. The office is very easy to get to.
a wonderful friendly atmosphere
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee) –  Elma, NYMay 30, 2017
if it wasn't a temporary position I would have remained working with this company fulltime. they really understood the needs of their employees and took the time to listen to their opinions.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
temporary position (12 mos.)
Mixed Feeelings
Site Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 30, 2017
I truly value my experiences in working on Motorola Projects and hope to someday make back again. However in today's economy, I have a concern that the Project Management environment was never the most effective and efficient. Constant misdirection internally and from the client hampered progress and created an unsecure work environment.
Pros
Camaraderie, team spirit, pride
Cons
Misdirection, mismanagement, client relations
EXperience
Talent Acquisition & HR Business Partner- (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 29, 2017
This was a decidedly alternative business unit that had a Silicon Valley-ish culture, It developed and initiated content/features we now take for granted now on our smart phones.
Pros
Spirit and culture
Cons
Organizational design
Great place to be
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 27, 2017
I am forever grateful for the opportunity to have worked at such a great company. Innovative, many learning opportunities and wonderful people and programs.
A great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 25, 2017
This was the greatest job I ever had, the company was amazing as well as the employees. The overall moral of Motorola was awesome. Great benefits. Amazing managers who really cared about you and your advancement with in the company.
best job i ever had
E Dock Supervisor/ Lead material hander/ chemical (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 25, 2017
best job i ever had. great everything just the family culture for a HUGE work environment was made by the great management and infrastructure created by the people that worked there. then you get Laid off after 15 years of building a life. then it all falls down. we need to bring our manufacturing company's back here.
Pros
great mony greasy enviroment
Cons
Laid off job sent over seas
Strong Technology
Senior Director, Healthcare IT Solutions (Former Employee) –  Schaumberg, ILMay 25, 2017
Great people and culture. Executive management a little too removed from the business. Great experience overall. Fast paced in classic matrix organizational structure. team work is key here.
Interesting work.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 24, 2017
Interesting fast paced work environment. Management was a little old school and not great with the soft skills. Learned lots and enjoyed the work and people
Cutting Edge Tech
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 24, 2017
Pushing technology into the next level,
Empowering individuals to design the best of the best in enabling devices to continuously learn, adapt, and become self aware
Pros
traveling
Cons
houers
Great company to work for
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMay 24, 2017
Great Company to work for.
Motorola Solution separated from Motorola Mobility.
The work environment was healthy and the engineers were appreciated and encouraged.
Software Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 24, 2017
A typical day will involve a morning scrum meeting where you discuss what you did the previous day, what you are working on today and any problems that you are facing. After that you'll return to work and pick up your tasks. We work in three week sprints with quality gates that allow time for testing and rework. We practice a scaled agile framework, so an entire 4 sprint release is planned well in advance, so you know what you and other teams are going to be working on, it is a really good environment for professional coding.

They have a great work life balance and rarely if ever require overtime. There are often "perks" such as going to a movie or lunches and a yearly outing at a local amusement park.

The hardest part of the job is that the system is complex and spans multiple areas, so you need to be able to think about how your changes will affect other areas.
Pros
Good work life balance, ability to work remotely
Cons
Pay could be better
Edifying, if hectic gig
Proposal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 23, 2017
This position involved coordinating material from Subject Matter Experts into a proposal with a relatively consistent voice that also conformed to house style.
I have carried forward into subsequent work the idea of 'initiatives' (B and C-priority projects to be pursued during downtime)
Pros
Casual-ish dress code, genuine appreciation of creativity and work ethic
Cons
Heavy employee churn, some communication issues
I do not work for Motorola and I never did.
System Engineet (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 23, 2017
I proactively monitor connectivity to Network device in the large network environment.
I monitor and troubleshoot network connectivity to WAN and LAN devices in the large network environment.
Pros
Motorola
Cons
Motorola
Successful and fast paced work environment
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMay 22, 2017
Face paced and results oriented environment with a great work/life balance. Career training also a top priority to prepare employees for advancement in their careers.
Working in Motorola Solutions
Hardware Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 22, 2017
Working in Motorola Solutions has been very fruitful in terms of learning a product development cycle including regulatory compliance and manufacturing concerns. But work life balance was very bad and always pulled in schedules.
Pros
Very Dynamic and innovative
Cons
Bad Management
I was on contrect
Shipping and Receiving Clerk Receiving (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMay 18, 2017
I was working shipping and Receiving clerk at doc, but I also helped in other department which is called consolidation. you geather order pack in box and weigh and write dimenson of box.
work on the newer technology
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 17, 2017
The company has gone thru tremendous resizing and has streamlined to only a few product lines. Suggestion to anyone interested in joining the company is to try to work on the latest innovative products to have the greatest career potential in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motorola Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2