Display and Touch Panel Sustaining Category Lead will be part of the team that is responsible for Cost (Total cost of Ownership), Quality, Availability and strategic development of supply base for Display/Touch category. Responsibilities include identify & support new technology development, lead Supplier evaluation and selection, price and contract negotiations, ensure continuity of supply and component Quality.
Successful candidate is expected to provide leadership to cross-functional teams both within Motorola and supply base, to meet business objectives.
Expectations / Deliverables:
- Ensure continuity of Supply for Display and Touch Panel Categories
- Understand Display and Touch Panel Technologies and manufacturing process to identify risks and create/ execute risk mitigation plan.
- Develop market intelligence and benchmarking information
- Support identification and exploration of new technology
- Develop and implement category strategies
- Negotiate all contracts and agreements including all commercial terms and conditions, with the legal team and business team
- Lead supplier selections with cross functional team and select the best supplier partners
- Drive and lead cost reduction activities and help drive business margins
- Lead formal supplier performance management reviews, and Quarterly Business Reviews
Experience / Skills Required:
- Demonstrated Project Management and Program Management skills and experience
- 10+ years experience in a combination of procurement, sourcing and Engineering functions
- Strong operations execution experience, demonstrated ability to identify / understand business risks and develop mitigation plans
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Interest in learning about new technologies and understand complex design requirements and manufacturing capabilities
- Experience in developing costing models to understand cost drivers
- Ability to lead and manage global team.
- Develop in-depth understanding of supplier capability and technology trends
- Ability to work closely with business, engineering and legal teams to create strong commercial solutions for Motorola Mobility
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinker
- Detailed oriented and poise when confronted with challenging situations
- Willingness to travel internationally
BS / MS Engineering
Indeed - 20 months ago
Motorola, Inc. (Motorola) is engaged in providing technologies, products and services for mobile phones. The Company’s portfolio...