Motorola

Motorola Employer Reviews

Good company
Configuration and Change Management Engineer (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILNovember 19, 2014
Pros: the opportunity to learn new technology and advance career by continue education.
Cons: layoffs
I worked at Motorola full-time almost 10 years.
Innovative company with very high expectations. Motorola can take your career to new heights.
Being hated from the top down
Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Pueblo, CONovember 19, 2014
Pros: higher pay than regular agents, not being on the phone
Cons: 30 min lunches, poor location, voyerism
As a quality analyst you must understand that it is your job to be, what George Orwell described as, the "though police". You grade and monitor every agent on the account you have been assigned. You listen their phone calls while watching what they do on their computers. Like a voyeuristic stalker you stalk agents to find the littlest thing they do – more... wrong.

While this is an extreme definition it is the truth. I found that I did not like this kind of work at all. There was no room for advancement in this position as this was the highest you could go unless your boss left for some reason.

Due to the amount of accounts at the center the culture between QA was not nearly as diverse as being a regular agent. You are hated by the agents, as you grade their calls, and if you slip up and miss something the agent does not do you are then reprimanded by management. Make no mistake about it this is a middle management job.

Due to the amount of calls you are required to grade and interaction with clients and agents alike there is no time for yourself when you get off work. You are so concerned with a call you may have misgraded that it weighs on your mind always. I found that I was unable to have my own life away from work when employed at this position.

I did not find this job enjoyable but being voyeuristic has never been my thing. – less
Team Lead for CFO
Group Lead (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 17, 2014
I was responsible for making sure orders were released, picked, packed and on the shipping dock in order to meet C.R.S.D.
very fun and unpredictable
Office Clerk (Former Employee), ILNovember 17, 2014
A typical day at Motorola was fun for the most part. The management was great very nice and outgoing people, loved all my co-workers dearly.
Great Organization
Sr. Account Manager (Current Employee), Pawcatuck, CTNovember 12, 2014
In handling one of our most strategic accounts day to day activities included working with engineers, customer service, and project managers to ensure that the statewide system is performing flawlessly to the delight of the numerous customers.

Very high level relationships within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts that need careful attention. Using – more... Large Account Management Principles is essential.

Overall, I lead, collaborate, and maintain key relationships in order to sell new solutions and/or upgrades to meet revenue goals. The best part is working with customer in accomplishing long-term communication and technology goals. We do have the best customers - they are the ones who protect our lives and property. – less
loved my job and the people i worked with
Customer Quality Auditor (Former Employee), Elgin, ILNovember 11, 2014
loved working for Motorola. was proud to say I was part of the Motorola team.
Great Work Culture
Sr. Product/Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILNovember 11, 2014
Great place to work at, but poor Operational Design/Behavior.
had a great job loved going to work
Metrology Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 7, 2014
Pros: we had great managers
Cons: no cons, love my work
Loved the challenge on working on state-of-art equipment.
Great company, a lot of changes throughtout the years
Business Account Manager- USC (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 6, 2014
Motorola group has been spun off an most if not all the people there are no longer Motorola employees. Sad story for such a great company.
good people, bad management
Senior Category Manager (Current Employee), ChicagoOctober 30, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: lack of leadership and decision making
used to be fun, but with the lack of leadership the work environment has deteriorated.......
Evolving tech firm
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), USAOctober 24, 2014
Great place to learn to work hard and learn to adapt. Surrounded by talented people with an extreme work ethic. (Team dependent.)
Enjoyed the team mentality and bringing solid products to market.
I was enjoying this job
Quality Inspector I (Former Employee), McAllen, TXOctober 22, 2014
Great job , I learned a lot, but due to my position was canceled i had to look for another job
Professional and people oriented
Testing and Shipping Specialist (Former Employee), TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: clean and professional atmosphere
Cons: there weren't any
Co workers were great.
A typical day would be to pull a product and do all the tests required for that product.
If not testing then I would pack the product according to which was a several step process and get it ready for shipment to the customer.
R&D office great place to work, small teams and fast pace environment.
Program Mgr (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 21, 2014
Very process oriented, lots of talented engineers working in a fast paced environment.
Great Place
CELLULAR OPERATOR (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILOctober 20, 2014
This store was a great place to work! Great management and co-workers. It's a lot of work however, it's a great place.
Great field to work in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: stressful at times
Cons: good pay
Job could be stressful sometimes. It was great that my job was different everyday. The pay and benefits were good.
Very Employee Centric
Principle Process Engineer (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: outsourced many jobs off shore
Listens to ideas of all employees. Rewards employees for accomplishments. Sometimes very generous rewards.
good place to work company picnics
Production Operator (Former Employee), Seguin, TXOctober 17, 2014
Pros: hoilday meal free turkeys at christmas good health insurance
Cons: standing all day
A lot of training classes provided
Good friendships developed there
Repetitive work
A great place to work
Event Planner / Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2014
A wonderful place to work and I really enjoyed myself here. Meeting so many nice people was wonderful and we all looked out for each other.
Challenging work environment
Senior Automation Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Albuquerque NMOctober 13, 2014
Pros: company encourages ideas.
Cons: on call work status
Challenging day to day work, from repairing simple equipment to working on automatic production equipment. Engineering staff open to suggestions as well as the production line employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Motorola

Motorola, Inc. (Motorola) is engaged in providing technologies, products and services for mobile phones. The Company’s portfolio – Read more