Mott Community College Employee Reviews

n/a
Program Assistant- Upward Bound (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 9, 2018
I loved the motts work place because I learned a lot of new things but most of all I got to see how it felt to be doing the hard part of the job and loved it. I helping student, filed papers,sent out emails and mail and had to make appointments
Pros
free Lunch
Cons
nothing
Mott TeenCEO Program
Business Planning Education (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 23, 2017
Working with the other TeenCEOs to start our own businesses was a fun experience. I learned a lot about business management and business planning. I have no complaints.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
easy environment to work in
Kiosk Desk (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 19, 2017
Typically i just sit at the desk and sign in people to go to the financial aid office or to the cashiers office and help with any other questions that people may have
Pros
easy work
Cons
no benifits
great place to work
PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 6, 2017
Mott is a great place to work, very family friendly. Always willing to help in any situation. This is my second time working for the college in Public Safety and I love it. At the present I need more hours and looking for a full-time job.
Pros
Good environment to work
Cons
low hours
Mott College Bookstore
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 3, 2017
This is a great place to work if you are looking for something with flexible hours, weekends and nights off, and a relaxed atmosphere. Most of the time the job is very easy going with a few rush periods here and there when it comes to the school semesters starting and ending.
Pros
Weekends off, nights off, flexible hours, understanding management.
Cons
Rate of hours can go from 50 one week to 30 the next to 12 the next.
Excellent, highly rated community college.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 22, 2017
The mission of Mott Community College is to provide high quality, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities and services that cultivate student success and individual development and improve the overall quality of life in a multicultural community.” Mott succeeds in its mission and is recognized among the top 100 community colleges in the country.
Pros
Excellent motivating leadership.
Cons
Limited to 2-year degrees.
Excellent Education
Director (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 16, 2017
Mott is a great two-year institution for students and can assist learners who want to get certifications, degrees, or who want to transfer to a 4-year institution. The faculty are well known and respected in their fields.
Work study job
Courier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 2, 2017
Responsible for delivered & sorted packages, mail etc.... to numerous buildings & classroom on site. Responsible for Random tasks through out the college.
An excellent place to work while you're in school
Writing Center Staff (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 7, 2017
I worked exclusively in the writing center. It has the best atmosphere out of anywhere on campus. Everyone there is super friendly and intelligent and all of them are eager to help the students. It can be slow and because there are a lot of people who want to tutor there, it can be hard to get hours.
Pros
Great atmosphere, good people
Cons
not a lot of hours
Was a nice place to work except for last 5 years. Culture started to change.
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 5, 2017
Culture changed the last 5 years because of leadership changes. Overall was a great experience and I loved working with my co workers and colleagues.
Great place to teach and learn.
Dental Hygiene Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 29, 2017
Work place culture is diverse and supportive. Mott provides virtually unlimited opportunities for continuing education to enhance teaching and learning environments.
Enjoyable place to work with students. No real room for advancement. Great to be able to see immediate success. More time off is necessary though.
Adult Basic Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 26, 2017
No room for advancement. Enjoy working with students to see immediate effects of their efforts. Policies are unclear and are made up on the spot. It is a great place to work if you are satisfied with being at a certain level and are comfortable in your career.
Pros
immediate student success
Cons
pay, time off, cliques
Great Team to work with!
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 21, 2017
IF you decide to do work study the Educational Media Department is a great group of people that are easy to get along with and are very helpful to ensure what you need to do to complete your job. Highly recommended!
Pros
Flexible scheduling, learn new things from those in department
Great place to make a difference
Interim Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 11, 2017
Out of all jobs that I have had this is the most rewarding job that I ever had. I got the chance to work with many people from different backgrounds but with the same mind set, which it was to better people´s life in a variation of fields.
A very fun fast paced work environment.
Student public safety officer (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 3, 2017
While working for Mott I expounded on my people skills. I would unlock doors for faculty, and hold brief conversations with the instructors. I also had a lot of interactions with the students on campus. The management was ran very precise and according to schedule. The only difficult aspect would be the constant walking. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the faculty and students.
Pros
Getting to know everyone on campus.
Cons
Large amounts of walking.
a fun place to work
Art Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 23, 2017
I worked for Mott as a work study. I really enjoyed my time working for them. The pay was only min wage but that was because it was work study. They were always flexible with my schedule.
Humanities department
Deans' Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 27, 2017
I worked in the Humanities department years ago. The faculty members and staff were quite kind. It had a nice family vibe. Can't tell you what it is like now, it has been over 17 years since I resigned my position to become an elementary school teacher. However, it was the teachers and students there that inspired me to go down the path of education.
Great people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clio, MIMay 26, 2017
I really enjoyed my position and I learned a lot. I have never been more at home in a position and was treated like valued family. My concerns were addressed promptly and all me needs were met.
Pros
Great boss, Great co-workers
Cons
Not exactly office hours
Great Place To Learn and Build A Viable Skillset
SIMULATION LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 25, 2017
Working at Mott was a fantastic experience. Talented people who are willing to share their knowledge, and are easy to communicate with, made the environment great.
Pros
Great Environment, Good People
Cons
Grant Funded Positions
Good work environment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 6, 2017
It was quiet good positive environment. I got a chance to interact with other students. Had a chance to also workout and stay healthy. Some days will be really slow if there were no clases. But I grew alot personally from being there.
Pros
Get to exercise with student stay healthy
Cons
No Benefits Lots of down time