Mott Community College Employee Reviews

Great place to make a difference
Interim Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 11, 2017
Out of all jobs that I have had this is the most rewarding job that I ever had. I got the chance to work with many people from different backgrounds but with the same mind set, which it was to better peopleĀ“s life in a variation of fields.
A very fun fast paced work environment.
Student public safety officer (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 3, 2017
While working for Mott I expounded on my people skills. I would unlock doors for faculty, and hold brief conversations with the instructors. I also had a lot of interactions with the students on campus. The management was ran very precise and according to schedule. The only difficult aspect would be the constant walking. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the faculty and students.
Pros
Getting to know everyone on campus.
Cons
Large amounts of walking.
a fun place to work
Art Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 23, 2017
I worked for Mott as a work study. I really enjoyed my time working for them. The pay was only min wage but that was because it was work study. They were always flexible with my schedule.
Humanities department
Deans' Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 27, 2017
I worked in the Humanities department years ago. The faculty members and staff were quite kind. It had a nice family vibe. Can't tell you what it is like now, it has been over 17 years since I resigned my position to become an elementary school teacher. However, it was the teachers and students there that inspired me to go down the path of education.
Great people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clio, MIMay 26, 2017
I really enjoyed my position and I learned a lot. I have never been more at home in a position and was treated like valued family. My concerns were addressed promptly and all me needs were met.
Pros
Great boss, Great co-workers
Cons
Not exactly office hours
Great Place To Learn and Build A Viable Skillset
SIMULATION LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 25, 2017
Working at Mott was a fantastic experience. Talented people who are willing to share their knowledge, and are easy to communicate with, made the environment great.
Pros
Great Environment, Good People
Cons
Grant Funded Positions
Good work environment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 6, 2017
It was quiet good positive environment. I got a chance to interact with other students. Had a chance to also workout and stay healthy. Some days will be really slow if there were no clases. But I grew alot personally from being there.
Pros
Get to exercise with student stay healthy
Cons
No Benefits Lots of down time
Student
Full time student (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 20, 2017
Decent place to go to school. Staff was fair and would accommodate for those willing to work. Facilities were clean and accessible and class size was not overwhelming.
Pros
Affordable
Cons
2 year school
Productive, educational, fun
PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 11, 2017
I began and finished my degree at the college while I worked. I was involved in many on school and off school assignments, which helped to further my career in the duty of serving others.
Mott
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 31, 2017
This job was a blast. i worked for the baking class as there dishwasher. the teacher let me participate in everything made me fill like part of the group.
Executive Dean of Student Services
Executive Dean of Student Services (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 31, 2017
As an Executive at the college level, I was able to use all of the skills that I have gained as a leader in the industry. Helping students and their families achieve their goals was the best part of my job.
Good People
Work Study Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 22, 2017
I enjoyed working in the Reading Center with the instructors, whom I called "My Ladies". Working on data entry and keeping plenty of copies on hand kept me busy, but there was still time to work on my studies.
Great expirence would do it again
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 26, 2017
It's a free peaceful and fun environment. Steady paste might even work up a good sweat. It's outdoors has also kept a good team effort. This was a very enjoyable job providing landscape services not working at a park.
Pros
Outdoors easy
Cons
Hot hardwork
Nice place to work
Placement Testing Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 27, 2017
My manager was friendly and helpful. My coworkers were also friendly and helpful. I enjoyed working there and meeting the different students that came through the office to take their entry exams.
Lots of options for classes
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 7, 2017
Unorganized but a great nursing program that provides many learning oppurtunities for students. I would reccomend to anyone
Mott is a great place to work
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clio, MIDecember 23, 2016
Mott Community College is a great place to work. Mott is focus on student success. Mott Community College is a fulled with employee that are team player.
Enjoyable
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 1, 2016
I would come in look at the list of the work that needs to be checked and done by the end of the day. I would complete my list and log my work in the computer and work on the next files that are on my desk. I would check out with my work was done and go home.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Was not garanteed
Productive workplace with , friendly , helpful co-workers.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 8, 2016
Productive workplace with , friendly , helpful co-workers. Offer many types of career development and enrichment courses and lectures for employees. Many social gathering and good net working.
education
Journeyman meat cutter UFCW local 951 (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 6, 2016
college not a job, I cant describe this as a work environment when it is a college. there was an error
Flexible with class schedule
Nursing Simulation Lab/Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 1, 2016
Fantastic opportunity to learn and grow in a office/medical environment. Offers the chance to grow and progress in many aspects of inventory, scheduling, and clerical tasks.
Pros
flexability
Cons
Only available to students