Mott Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Great staff and very up beat place to work.
Student Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 6, 2016
Working at Mott Community College's health sciences laboratory I learned organization and constant maintenance was the key for success. What I would do is make sure the lab is presentable and clean behind every rotation for students,stocking medical supplies, and checking to see if equipment was fully charged and ready to go for student and faculty use and or instruction. I not only did maintence but I also put together little simulations with my supervisor for the nursing students so they could practice it outside of class for their upcoming test. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with students to make sure they are adhering to the rules and regulations of the lab along with making sure my co-workers are motivated and keeping an eye on things in the lab. The best part of the job was learning new things everyday around there about the health field and different scenarios one could be in.
Pros
safe and convenient location, friendly and unified environment
Fun workplace, Nice and respectful staff
Michigan Works (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 3, 2015
Café for breakfast, lunch and snacks whenever you please. Work on the floor and stand by the sides of ones in need. If someone needed you assistance they can raise their hand and you assist them no matter their gender, what they look like, or what type of assistance they needed. You could choose you lunch time and take lunch and a break during the day with vending and other options available. You could also work behind the desk gathering together paperwork most customers are in need of.
Pros
Helping others in need
Cons
Becoming frustrated
Student success
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 10, 2015
A typical work day was working with students meeting the class objectives resulting in student employment. I learned that most students were registered for the class to learn. Management empowered me to meet the student objectives. Instructors concentrating on their work assignments with very little time for team (together everyone achieves more) work. The maximum number of students in each class was twenty five. The hardest part of the job was helping the slow learners to keep up with the rest of the class. Assistant Instructors were assigned on a volunteer basis to help others. The most enjoyable part of the job was to let the students know on a regular basis that if they are having a little bit of fun in class they will learn more.
Collaborative environment focused on success
Adjunct Counselor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 9, 2016
Seeing students and scheduling classes. Constant meetings in the office to improve classes, orientation, and admissions processes.
Pros
You create your own schedule, coworkers are encouraging and hard-working
Cons
contract varies by semester, and bidding is by seniority.
Fast learning team workplace
Student Supervision (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 15, 2014
A typical day at work would start early in the morning with all of the students and the agenda for that day with our supervisor. Then we would split up in smaller groups and attend to daily tasks we set in the meeting. I learned to do a lot of different landscaping work throughout the neighborhood we we're assigned to, new things I hadn't done seriously before such as painting homes and planting gardens in vacant lots and at the nearby park. The management for this job was firm but efficient. My supervisor would be hard on us at times but it was only because he wanted us to do our very bast while at work and utilize our time effectively. All my co-workers were peers close to my age but no one older than 19, we all got along from having so much in common. The hardest part about the job was working outside in the sun all day on long summer days. The most enjoyable part of the job was the praise we would get from the neighborhood residents for making the community a nicer place.
Pros
a lot of guaranteed hours
Cons
dangerous workplace, frequent on site accidents
Helping people succeed.
Teachers Aid- MCAM (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 3, 2016
It was nice to have a class full of students with no welding experience, and really be able to work with them and turn them into a good MIG welder.
Pros
Excellent Faculty
Cons
Compensation
Mail Room
Mailroom / Receiving Technician (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 23, 2016
A this job it was a lot of fun meeting a lot of different people every day. This job was on a junior college campus where I worked for ten years.
Pros
love this job
Cons
no room fro growth
great job
Laboratory Aid Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 12, 2016
working at mott has been a good experience but im trasferring to a 4 year college and therefore will not be attending mott
very good faculty support
Adjunct in drawing (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 23, 2016
I enjoyed interacting with students and other faculty. There was a great relationship between drawing teachers. I am still friends with several of them as well as a few of the students.
Interesting place to work
Student Work Study Program (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 2, 2015
I learn something new everyday here in the Curtis Mott Computer Lab at Mott Community College, I work with a great group of people and fellow students. This is a very interesting place to work and when I'm not helping someone I can do homework.
Pros
I learn things I did not know, meet new people
Cons
Short breaks
good and fun work place
Sercurity Officer (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 7, 2015
I learned how to talk in police code. I drove around in a golf-cart. I help people with there cars finding buildings. I also broke up fights. made sure the school was a safe to be.
Pros
educational
Cons
outside
fun work place
Administration assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 18, 2015
I love both of my jobs if I only could combine them they would make and amazing full time position, unfortunately I can't so I need a full time position that works.
Pros
fun atmoshphere, nice people
Cons
not enough hours
People orriented community
Office Aide (Current Employee) –  Flint, MichiganMay 28, 2015
On a typical work day I file folders, meet and greet students or past students of Mott Community College, answer phones and enter data into Microsoft Word and Excel. We also have a data entry application by the name of SARS. I learned more about computers and the different sites and how to use the desktop all in one. The environment is gentle and smooth for the most part, then we also have days where its fast paced and we have to move quickly. My co-workers are mature and we work together to help our company grow. The hardest part of the job is when the semester is about to end when a lot of students comes in to schedules appointments and get new referrals. I enjoy meeting new people and learning more about the students at Mott and in my community.
Great atmosphere.
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 8, 2015
Enjoyed my job, wonderful co-workers and great hours. Enjoyed scheduling appointments, massages and meetings. Having fun. A clean work environment.
Pros
Great lunch hour
Some of the Nursing instructors need to go
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 19, 2015
The program is good but some of the instructors are ridiculous with not giving the info needed and poor attitudes. Very controlling women. I refer students to a different school. Even the credits are low for all the hours required. Not enough credits to even quality for financial aide. Hardship in many areas
Productive workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Howell, MISeptember 1, 2015
Excellent boss. I learned Excel and took few classes there. Very busy and multi tasked quite often. I relocated otherwise I would still be there. It was a great place to work.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
All good
My time @ Mott Community College was truly exciting and very happy.
Welding Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 30, 2015
My day would as necessary and accommodate my class schedule. I would assist the Regional Technology Centers Technician with maintenance and repair of the sophisticated equipment in all the labs.
Pros
Extremely valuable experience in maintenance of many types of complcated equipment.
Fast work, Organized, Clean
Health Science Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 1, 2015
I learned a lot about the nursing field. My co-workers were nice to work with, we've never had problems. The hardest part was trying to keep students from sneaking food in the lab but I always stayed on top of it.
Pros
My supervisor provided snacks for lunch some times.
Cons
High Priced Food in the dinning area
Learn and Work each day was the most memorable moments
Printing & Duplicating Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 26, 2015
Great College and a nice place to work on Campus in between classes. The staff was very kind and helpful. There were various opportunity for growth.
Pros
Excellent hours
Cons
Limited pay
Productive learning environment.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 6, 2015
Peer tutor to fellow students. I tutored twenty subjects ranging from Criminal Justice to Science related fields. I worked independently at off site campuses. Daily logs and proper paperwork were required. Worked directly with each student on a one-on one basics. subjects

4.5