Mott Community College

Mott Community College Employee Reviews

Fast work, Organized, Clean
Health Science Cordinator (Former Employee), Flint, MIJuly 1, 2015
Pros: My supervisor provided snacks for lunch some times.
Cons: High Priced Food in the dinning area
I learned a lot about the nursing field. My co-workers were nice to work with, we've never had problems. The hardest part was trying to keep students from sneaking food in the lab but I always stayed on top of it.
My time @ Mott Community College was truly exciting and very happy.
Welding Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 30, 2015
Pros: Extremely valuable experience in maintenance of many types of complcated equipment.
My day would as necessary and accommodate my class schedule. I would assist the Regional Technology Centers Technician with maintenance and repair of the sophisticated equipment in all the labs.
Fun workplace, Nice and respectful staff
Michigan Works (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 3, 2015
Pros: Helping others in need
Cons: Becoming frustrated
Café for breakfast, lunch and snacks whenever you please. Work on the floor and stand by the sides of ones in need. If someone needed you assistance they can raise their hand and you assist them no matter their gender, what they look like, or what type of assistance they needed. You could choose you lunch time and take lunch and a break during the day with vending and other options available. You could also work behind the desk gathering together paperwork most customers are in need of.
People orriented community
Office Aide (Current Employee), Flint, MichiganMay 28, 2015
On a typical work day I file folders, meet and greet students or past students of Mott Community College, answer phones and enter data into Microsoft Word and Excel. We also have a data entry application by the name of SARS. I learned more about computers and the different sites and how to use the desktop all in one. The environment is gentle and smooth for the most part, then we also have days where its fast paced and we have to move quickly. My co-workers are mature and we work together to help our company grow. The hardest part of the job is when the semester is about to end when a lot of students comes in to schedules appointments and get new referrals. I enjoy meeting new people and learning more about the students at Mott and in my community.
Schedule test, and record scores and files
Assistant/Clerk (Former Employee), Flint, MIMay 24, 2015
Pros: Worked at the school I attended
Cons: none
Help students get into their required classes, maintain accountability of records and files for up to two years. Scheduled appointments for test and to pick up scores.
great enviornment
Accounts Payable Aid (Current Employee), Detroit MiMay 22, 2015
it was fine working there. my co workers were great. the mangers were very understanding. I learned a lot the atmosphere was great ...........
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Flint MIMay 21, 2015
Assist students with welding. Great people to work with. Learned alot from professionals. Best part is working on my own skills as a welder
Very productive
Laborer (Former Employee), Flint, MIApril 14, 2015
Cons: Working in the hot sun and the bugs
I worked with 4 others cutting grass at different abandon houses and picked up trash, sticks. etc. I worked in the hot weather but it was worth the neighborhood looking nice.
Good Stuff going on at MCC
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Flint, MIMarch 30, 2015
Cons: Expensive Food, No good advisers
Obviously no workplace is going to be perfect. It has its pros and cons. I enjoy that it introduces you to the professional world.
Productive and Great Workplace
MCC Library Student Aide (Current Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 25, 2015
This job is a fun and enjoyable place to work. The environment and atmosphere is perfect! The Mott Community College students are wonderful and a pleasure to work with.
Enjoyable atmosphere,friendly people
clerical aide (Former Employee), Flint, MINovember 3, 2014
answering phones,I learned alot from this job, the management was exceptional.
Good atmosphere to work
Student Services (Former Employee), Flint, MIOctober 27, 2014
Pros: study time, positive atmosphere, nice co-workers
I would come in at 9 AM for my short 5 hour shift here. Generally every day i would help students with questions or direction if needed. My boss was a great man to work for. It was just a job to get me by because I was also enrolled at the campus there.
Fast learning team workplace
Student Supervision (Former Employee), Flint, MIOctober 15, 2014
Pros: a lot of guaranteed hours
Cons: dangerous workplace, frequent on site accidents
A typical day at work would start early in the morning with all of the students and the agenda for that day with our supervisor. Then we would split up in smaller groups and attend to daily tasks we set in the meeting. I learned to do a lot of different landscaping work throughout the neighborhood we we're assigned to, new things I hadn't done seriously before such as painting homes and planting gardens – more... in vacant lots and at the nearby park. The management for this job was firm but efficient. My supervisor would be hard on us at times but it was only because he wanted us to do our very bast while at work and utilize our time effectively. All my co-workers were peers close to my age but no one older than 19, we all got along from having so much in common. The hardest part about the job was working outside in the sun all day on long summer days. The most enjoyable part of the job was the praise we would get from the neighborhood residents for making the community a nicer place. – less
I have met some very good people working at Mott. It was a very positive experience in my life
Lab Aide (Former Employee), Flint, MISeptember 26, 2014
I started the day by turning on all computers and making sure all the equipment was functional and working. I learned about the nursing degree while learning and completing my own degree. I have met some of the most passionate people in my life working at the Lab and come away with lifetime friendships. The hardest part of the job was learning the medical terminology to be able to hand out the right equipment which was also the most enjoyable part of the job because of the faculty and students were as willing to teach me about nursing as I was willing to teach them how to utilise the computer equipment.
Preparing college lab experiments and equipment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), 1401 East Court St, Flint, MiSeptember 12, 2014
Typical day is washing dishes and setting out experiments. Because of this intimacy with the equipment I am familiar with a number of chemistry lab equipment.

I had no co-workers to assist me. For the most part, my tasks were unsupervised and self-initiated.
Great Place to Work
Media (Former Employee), Flint, MIAugust 6, 2014
Going to work was never something I dreaded. I valued the relationships I developed with my co-workers and really enjoyed the environment.
Excellent experience in classroom operations.
Fenton Lawn Preschool/Head (Former Employee), Flint, MichiganJuly 8, 2014
The teacher was very helpful, and informative, provided me with the experience I would need in the future.
Productive and educational
Youth Worker (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 22, 2014
I learned that its important to work your hardest at all times because you never know who is watching you
Fun to work at
Cosmetology Dispensary Clerk (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 12, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment.
Cons: grant funding ended.
Work day fun and engaging.
learned how communicate with people of all different backgrounds.
Great management.
Good Co-workers.
Learning many different product application purposes.
Dealing with customers daily.
Great place
Tutor (Former Employee), Lapeer, MIMay 5, 2014
I was really happy to work here, and I was very disappointed when they closed. The management was very thoughtful, and helpful.

1 2 3