Mott Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint MIMay 21, 2015
Assist students with welding. Great people to work with. Learned alot from professionals. Best part is working on my own skills as a welder
Very productive
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 14, 2015
I worked with 4 others cutting grass at different abandon houses and picked up trash, sticks. etc. I worked in the hot weather but it was worth the neighborhood looking nice.
Cons
Working in the hot sun and the bugs
Good Stuff going on at MCC
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 30, 2015
Obviously no workplace is going to be perfect. It has its pros and cons. I enjoy that it introduces you to the professional world.
Cons
Expensive Food, No good advisers
Productive and Great Workplace
MCC Library Student Aide (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 25, 2015
This job is a fun and enjoyable place to work. The environment and atmosphere is perfect! The Mott Community College students are wonderful and a pleasure to work with.
Enjoyable atmosphere,friendly people
clerical aide (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 3, 2014
answering phones,I learned alot from this job, the management was exceptional.
Good atmosphere to work
Student Services (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 27, 2014
I would come in at 9 AM for my short 5 hour shift here. Generally every day i would help students with questions or direction if needed. My boss was a great man to work for. It was just a job to get me by because I was also enrolled at the campus there.
Pros
study time, positive atmosphere, nice co-workers
Fast learning team workplace
Student Supervision (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 15, 2014
A typical day at work would start early in the morning with all of the students and the agenda for that day with our supervisor. Then we would split up in smaller groups and attend to daily tasks we set in the meeting. I learned to do a lot of different landscaping work throughout the neighborhood we we're assigned to, new things I hadn't done seriously before such as painting homes and planting gardens in vacant lots and at the nearby park. The management for this job was firm but efficient. My supervisor would be hard on us at times but it was only because he wanted us to do our very bast while at work and utilize our time effectively. All my co-workers were peers close to my age but no one older than 19, we all got along from having so much in common. The hardest part about the job was working outside in the sun all day on long summer days. The most enjoyable part of the job was the praise we would get from the neighborhood residents for making the community a nicer place.
Pros
a lot of guaranteed hours
Cons
dangerous workplace, frequent on site accidents
I have met some very good people working at Mott. It was a very positive experience in my life
Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 26, 2014
I started the day by turning on all computers and making sure all the equipment was functional and working. I learned about the nursing degree while learning and completing my own degree. I have met some of the most passionate people in my life working at the Lab and come away with lifetime friendships. The hardest part of the job was learning the medical terminology to be able to hand out the right equipment which was also the most enjoyable part of the job because of the faculty and students were as willing to teach me about nursing as I was willing to teach them how to utilise the computer equipment.
Preparing college lab experiments and equipment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  1401 East Court St, Flint, MiSeptember 12, 2014
Typical day is washing dishes and setting out experiments. Because of this intimacy with the equipment I am familiar with a number of chemistry lab equipment.

I had no co-workers to assist me. For the most part, my tasks were unsupervised and self-initiated.
Great Place to Work
Media (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 6, 2014
Going to work was never something I dreaded. I valued the relationships I developed with my co-workers and really enjoyed the environment.
Mott Community College
associate professor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 14, 2014
Everyday was a new experience. Even though I had the same students during the semester, they each had different problems and challenges that made the day very different. For example, on a day that I would introduce a new assignment I would set aside the entire class period to discuss the assignment. One class would not have any conversation about said assignment while the other class would run out of time talking about it.
Excellent experience in classroom operations.
Fenton Lawn Preschool/Head (Former Employee) –  Flint, MichiganJuly 8, 2014
The teacher was very helpful, and informative, provided me with the experience I would need in the future.
Productive and educational
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 22, 2014
I learned that its important to work your hardest at all times because you never know who is watching you
Fun to work at
Cosmetology Dispensary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 12, 2014
Work day fun and engaging.
learned how communicate with people of all different backgrounds.
Great management.
Good Co-workers.
Learning many different product application purposes.
Dealing with customers daily.
Pros
friendly enviroment.
Cons
grant funding ended.
Great place
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIMay 5, 2014
I was really happy to work here, and I was very disappointed when they closed. The management was very thoughtful, and helpful.
Great Place for a good education.
Student (Former Employee) –  Flint, Mi 48503May 2, 2014
Its a really great College to attend and the projects we did for GM were a real life challenge.
An excellent place to work and grow.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Flint, MI CampusApril 24, 2014
I was hired as an accounting clerk through a work study program. I have great experiences here. I work directly with the accounts payable department. I process all the mail, then check all purchase orders and requisitions for approval. I then process all blanket purchase orders, and file them or begin to alphabetize for the run of checks. I also verified all checks which were written for that day. My co-workers are a group of intelligent, hard working, dependable people that always get whatever task needed complete. I have been able to gain experience well beyond my level of education from this job. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was going to school and trying to work. But in being the hardest part, it was also the most enjoyable part as well.
Pros
gained experience in accounts payable and office procedures.
Cons
it was a student job, and when i graduate, i cannot stay.
It was a pleasant experience and enjoying working with the staff and children.
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 23, 2014
It is a pleasant experience and have learned a lot working for this company and going to school.
A nice job for a college student.
Clerical Aide (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 18, 2014
I learned how to do data entry and about customer service. The supervisor is great, very understanding. My co-workers are enjoyable people who are fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude people, but this didn't happen very often. The most enjoyable part was helping people. Loved it here!
Pros
homework could be done in free time.
Cons
only allowed to work a max. of 25 hours a week.
Great Place To Work
(College Work Study Student) (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 17, 2014
I am a college workstudy student working at Mott Community College. I work at an extension center in lapeer, michigan for the college. I am the Building and Groundsworker here. I do keep the grounds looking nice and clean for students and faculty for a professional appearance. Also i work indoors helping whatever is needed. I have a good work ethic and always busy at the job. The management at the Lapeer Extension Center is great the best staff around so is my co-workers. The hardest part is that i am ready to graduate in May and i have to leave the job.
Pros
great place to work for, great people, friendly
Cons
part time

4.5