Mott Community College

Mott Community College Employer Reviews

Educational
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Flint, MISeptember 16, 2013
Great people to work for. I learned Data entry learned how to dress, I learn how to be a great team leader.
Community Service and Outreach goes above and beyond expectations
Recruitment and Community Outreach (Former Employee), Flint, MIJuly 15, 2013
Pros: diversity in the workplace
Cons: lack of structure
A typical work day would generally consist of organized chaos.

I learned that you always had to be prepared fr anything a routine was never really an option.

The hardest part of the job was knowing that even though you put forth all of your effort you still can't help everyone.

I enjoyed the community outreach aspect of the job, it gave me opportunities – more... to connect with the public which in turn allowed me to help serve our students better. – less
Muli-tasking and Customer Services
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 21, 2013
I loved working in this office. I learn how to file quickly and efficiently. There were many tedious task required at this job, such as folding letters and putting them in envelops, also entering students information into excel. I most enjoyed the responsibility I was given at this job and the team members I worked with.
A good first job experience
Youth Worker (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 11, 2013
Pros: having lunch provided and working everyday.
Cons: the summer heat
There was no typical day at work because you never knew what to expect. Being placed in an office setting helped me learn that working in a professional business setting can be very challenging. Since I was also placed at a park I learned that work can be hard but you have to persevere to the end. The overall experience taught me to take initiative. – more... My management was the best and so were my co-workers. The hardest part about the job was enduring the heat when working outside the most enjoyable part was working. – less
CAD
STUDENT ASSISTANT/ CADD TUTOR (Former Employee), 4800 E. Court Street Flint Michigan 48503June 3, 2013
Pros: help me to be more prepared for the cad industry.
Cons: i was very satisfied with the job and duties requested of me.
I was able to develop my skills more by way of assisting others and I feel this gave me better insight on the CAD programs.
Great Place to work
A.V Delivery Aide (Current Employee), Flint, MIMay 21, 2013
MCC Is a great place to work, It has so many options for it's employees.
great job
Public safety officer (Former Employee), Flint, MIApril 3, 2013
open to observe and report campus on your own
acess to security cars
Sit Down Doing Data Entry
Data Entry/ LandScape (Former Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: long lunch breaks, sit down job.
Cons: rude people, sometimes boring
A typical day at work would be to enter data entry that comes in either through the day or week. What i learned is that i increased my typing skills and can get done with my task very quickly. The management was okay. My co-workers were very fun and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job i have to say it really wasn't one for me. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and being, and getting to learn new things. – less
Very social environment in an office setting.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: being able to schedule work hours around school hours.
Cons: low income received and job security was dependent on financial aid disbursed.
This work-study job was a great setting for students who needed work while attending school. Deliveries were made across campus, homework was logged in Microsoft Excel for the distance learning students, and flyers where mailed out to all students monthly.
WORK STUDY STUDENT
Work Student/SECRETARY (Former Employee), Flint, MIDecember 10, 2012
I HAD FUN WORKING AT MOTT COLLEGE AS A WORK STUDY STUDENT WITH THE PEOPLE
Productive and fun place to work
Peer Tutor (Former Employee), Flint, MINovember 5, 2012
I just typically waited on students to come in when I was doing group sessions and one on ones I waited also. I learned how to deal with the many learning styles and different people in the world today. My co workers were great. I enjoyed the meeting where we had the food and talked about the things that we could do to get the tutoring program better.
Wonderful place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Owosso, MIOctober 30, 2012
Pros: paid holidays and sick days.
Working for Mott Community College was rewarding and fulfilling. This position allowed me to utilize my knowledge in Microsoft Programs, experience a fast paced office setting, and caused me to realize just how much I enjoy an office setting. Working with great people, giving top notch customer service was key to moving forward in my career.
Adjunct faculty, business develoment
Part-Time Faculty, Business Development Consultant (Former Employee), Flint, MIOctober 17, 2012
Creation and implementation of Business curriculum. Consulting for small start-up businesses in a challenged economy.
Fun and relaxed place to work
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Flint, MIJuly 5, 2012
I love chemistry and was able to do what I love. I got to be a scientist. My co-workers all got along with no problems
Productive & fun place to work
Information Representative (Current Employee), Flint, MIJune 11, 2012
Cons: lots of temps hired
The staff is beyond amazing... everyone is extremely nice and it feels more like a family.
Kitchen aid (Current Employee), Flint, MIMay 17, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: seasonal
I am a student working through the work study program. I like being able to work and go to school at the same place
Great way to get back out there!
Financial Aid-Scholarship/Billing (Former Employee), Flint, MIMay 9, 2012
Pros: great jobs are available
Cons: semester based
Student employment is great. Good way to build a resume if you have no experience, or are coming back out into the work world. Convenient and the pay is guaranteed.
Enjoyable and rewarding work environment
Teacher Assistant/Student Tutor (Former Employee), Flint, MIApril 5, 2012
Working for instructors and students at Mott is rewarding and offers good experience. Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Works is valuable. Work needs to be done quickly but deadlines are easily met.