Mott Community College Employee Reviews

good and fun work place
Sercurity Officer (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 7, 2015
I learned how to talk in police code. I drove around in a golf-cart. I help people with there cars finding buildings. I also broke up fights. made sure the school was a safe to be.
Pros
educational
Cons
outside
Sit Down Doing Data Entry
Data Entry/ LandScape (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 24, 2013
A typical day at work would be to enter data entry that comes in either through the day or week. What i learned is that i increased my typing skills and can get done with my task very quickly. The management was okay. My co-workers were very fun and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job i have to say it really wasn't one for me. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and being, and getting to learn new things.
Pros
long lunch breaks, sit down job.
Cons
rude people, sometimes boring
An excellent place to work and grow.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Flint, MI CampusApril 24, 2014
I was hired as an accounting clerk through a work study program. I have great experiences here. I work directly with the accounts payable department. I process all the mail, then check all purchase orders and requisitions for approval. I then process all blanket purchase orders, and file them or begin to alphabetize for the run of checks. I also verified all checks which were written for that day. My co-workers are a group of intelligent, hard working, dependable people that always get whatever task needed complete. I have been able to gain experience well beyond my level of education from this job. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was going to school and trying to work. But in being the hardest part, it was also the most enjoyable part as well.
Pros
Gained experience in accounts payable and office procedures.
Cons
It was a student job, and when I graduate, I cannot stay.
fun work place
Administration assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 18, 2015
I love both of my jobs if I only could combine them they would make and amazing full time position, unfortunately I can't so I need a full time position that works.
Pros
fun atmoshphere, nice people
Cons
not enough hours
Highly professional atmosphere
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 13, 2013
I totally enjoyed working in an educational institution with such high commitments to excellence.

The staff was very helpful and wanted to assist me in my endeavors. The hardest part of the job was having to leave.

The most enjoyable was that periodic off-site staff meetings
Pros
Excellent values and professional atmosphere
Cons
Not a lot of advancement opportunity; people were generally pleased with their jobs
Very social environment in an office setting.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 23, 2013
This work-study job was a great setting for students who needed work while attending school. Deliveries were made across campus, homework was logged in Microsoft Excel for the distance learning students, and flyers where mailed out to all students monthly.
Pros
being able to schedule work hours around school hours.
Cons
low income received and job security was dependent on financial aid disbursed.
I have met some very good people working at Mott. It was a very positive experience in my life
Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 26, 2014
I started the day by turning on all computers and making sure all the equipment was functional and working. I learned about the nursing degree while learning and completing my own degree. I have met some of the most passionate people in my life working at the Lab and come away with lifetime friendships. The hardest part of the job was learning the medical terminology to be able to hand out the right equipment which was also the most enjoyable part of the job because of the faculty and students were as willing to teach me about nursing as I was willing to teach them how to utilise the computer equipment.
Wonderful place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIOctober 30, 2012
Working for Mott Community College was rewarding and fulfilling. This position allowed me to utilize my knowledge in Microsoft Programs, experience a fast paced office setting, and caused me to realize just how much I enjoy an office setting. Working with great people, giving top notch customer service was key to moving forward in my career.
Pros
paid holidays and sick days.
Some of the Nursing instructors need to go
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 19, 2015
The program is good but some of the instructors are ridiculous with not giving the info needed and poor attitudes. Very controlling women. I refer students to a different school. Even the credits are low for all the hours required. Not enough credits to even quality for financial aide. Hardship in many areas
Community Service and Outreach goes above and beyond expectations
Recruitment and Community Outreach (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 15, 2013
A typical work day would generally consist of organized chaos.

I learned that you always had to be prepared fr anything a routine was never really an option.

The hardest part of the job was knowing that even though you put forth all of your effort you still can't help everyone.

I enjoyed the community outreach aspect of the job, it gave me opportunities to connect with the public which in turn allowed me to help serve our students better.
Pros
Diversity in the workplace
Cons
lack of structure
Great atmosphere.
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 8, 2015
Enjoyed my job, wonderful co-workers and great hours. Enjoyed scheduling appointments, massages and meetings. Having fun. A clean work environment.
Pros
Great lunch hour
My time @ Mott Community College was truly exciting and very happy.
Welding Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 30, 2015
My day would as necessary and accommodate my class schedule. I would assist the Regional Technology Centers Technician with maintenance and repair of the sophisticated equipment in all the labs.
Pros
Extremely valuable experience in maintenance of many types of complcated equipment.
Fun to work at
Cosmetology Dispensary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 12, 2014
Work day fun and engaging.
learned how communicate with people of all different backgrounds.
Great management.
Good Co-workers.
Learning many different product application purposes.
Dealing with customers daily.
Pros
Friendly enviroment.
Cons
Grant funding ended.
Fast work, Organized, Clean
Health Science Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 1, 2015
I learned a lot about the nursing field. My co-workers were nice to work with, we've never had problems. The hardest part was trying to keep students from sneaking food in the lab but I always stayed on top of it.
Pros
My supervisor provided snacks for lunch some times.
Cons
High Priced Food in the dinning area
Productive workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Howell, MISeptember 1, 2015
Excellent boss. I learned Excel and took few classes there. Very busy and multi tasked quite often. I relocated otherwise I would still be there. It was a great place to work.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
All good
Productive learning environment.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 6, 2015
Peer tutor to fellow students. I tutored twenty subjects ranging from Criminal Justice to Science related fields. I worked independently at off site campuses. Daily logs and proper paperwork were required. Worked directly with each student on a one-on one basics. subjects
Mott Community College
associate professor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 14, 2014
Everyday was a new experience. Even though I had the same students during the semester, they each had different problems and challenges that made the day very different. For example, on a day that I would introduce a new assignment I would set aside the entire class period to discuss the assignment. One class would not have any conversation about said assignment while the other class would run out of time talking about it.
Learn and Work each day was the most memorable moments
Printing & Duplicating Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 26, 2015
Great College and a nice place to work on Campus in between classes. The staff was very kind and helpful. There were various opportunity for growth.
Pros
Excellent hours
Cons
Limited pay
A nice job for a college student.
Clerical Aide (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 18, 2014
I learned how to do data entry and about customer service. The supervisor is great, very understanding. My co-workers are enjoyable people who are fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude people, but this didn't happen very often. The most enjoyable part was helping people. Loved it here!
Pros
homework could be done in free time.
Cons
only allowed to work a max. of 25 hours a week.
Professional work environment. management was exceptional and respectdful
Office Aide (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 20, 2013
A typical day at work would be always dealing with customers. Answering phones and questions from anyone interested or curious in student employment at Mott. Making copies and updating information in the on/off campus job book. Updating spreadsheets into the computer system. Preparing folders for upcoming student orientations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mott Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5