Mott MacDonald Employee Reviews

Alas poor yorick
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 28, 2017
From fairest creatures we desire increase,
That thereby beauty's rose might never die,
But as the riper should by time decease,
His tender heir might bear his memory:
Lots of work and knowledge required
Field Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA.August 13, 2017
Started as an intern and continued as a field engineer. Did everything, from cost analysis to field works supervision. Some days work could start from 8AM and didn't stop until 8PM.

Worked with engineers with high knowledge in their respective areas, there for there was much to learn every day.

I was offered to continue with the company but the current crisis of Venezuela did not allow me to take the opportunity.
fun place to work
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAAugust 10, 2017
enjoyed working there. was a nice place to work. pay was not what i was used to but I was doing a less skilled job than previously. the job market was very slow
Great Company
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 25, 2017
Great company to work for. Job security is provided. Very friendly staff.They have huge clients and will get work as needed for each office. Management is great
Pros
job security
Cons
basic pay
Great place to work. Excellent training, responsive supervision.
Wastewater Treatment Operator (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJMay 10, 2017
Safety is always emphasized. MM provides everything needed to carry out the job function. They recently installed a new office onsite with a refrigerator, microwave, table chairs and desks.Outside lighting to carry out work functions for the evening shift.
Great Company to Work For
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 1, 2017
The engineering department is full of experienced engineers who know what they are doing. They are good about working through a problem together to ensure everyone is on the same page.
Good company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 18, 2017
Mott MacDonald is a good company to work for. Management is supportive; flexible hours and good benefits. Salaries are below average, unless you are an engineer/architect/management, then the company pays very well.
Pros
Pleasant coworkers; supportive management; stability on long term projects.
Cons
Average raises; no advancement unless you have a degree.
Amazing Experience
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2017
I loved the cad drafting there and there was opportunity to grow. Also there was challenges. Different things would happen like having to draft 3d physical drawings and 2D drawings and also seeing where in the maps of where the substations would be place it. It was an amazing experience and unfortunately I was laid off. but I'm willing to do anything of that kind of computer work to commit to and make a career of..
Pros
Great experience
Cons
I was laid off
Be ready for fast-paced turnarounds
Specialist V (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Every project was different, never did the same thing twice. Every project schedule was compressed to barely realistic. Didn't get pigeon-holed into any one role. Was able to work on a lot of different types of activities on the project. That was the good part of the job. One thing I noticed was the pay wasn't as good as most of the companies doing the same thing I was doing. And I had gotten to a point where my compensation wasn't going to change without getting my PE.
Pros
Breadth of experience developed in the time I was there
Cons
Compensation could have been better.
Good people and enjoyable atmosphere
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 27, 2016
Charleston and Morgantown offices are fun and full of good people to work with. Good and challenging work within the pipeline natural gas industry. I definitely recommend.

Want to know more about Mott MacDonald?

Ask a question
Totally professional type of company and a joy to work for.
Senior Surveyor Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 17, 2016
By far, the most professional and employee educated company to come to work for everyday. They ran the company as I have always thought one should be run. Did not worry about little things for day ot day work, time sheets, vacation, expenses....etc. If you got an email on these kind of things to fix, you were in trouble. They didn't want to have to be concerned with dealing with theses as you should be. Were totally about the work performed and what we were expected to provide ours clients, which was also more than the minimum standard.
Pros
Open work environment where all helped all.
Cons
Lack of sustainable work in my living area.
Mott Macdonald
power protection relaying engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2016
Mott Mac is a great company to work for. even though, it can be challenging at times. Sometimes, it can be complicated because of micro managers but overall it is a good place to work for.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
N/a
Very supportive environment
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJAugust 17, 2016
I LOVED working at Mott MacDonald. The work was interesting. They did a lot of Architectural production work.

I always felt very appreciated. I was brought on for a big project. I ended up being extended to help with some interactive PDFS and posting items to their intranet sites locally and within the United States.
Pros
Nice people, close to home
Cons
didn't have enoughw ork to keep me on
Great Place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJune 3, 2016
Great place to work except they are not too generous when it comes to compensation.Other than that its a great work environment with lots of opportunities and great people.
Pros
Free Lunches every once in a while.
Cons
Pay, Job Security is sub par
Productive and fun workplace
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 17, 2016
Excellent management, great co-workers, stress free environment, and highly diversified. It is a great place to work at as there is constant supply of work from clients and the managers are understanding to anything that can possibly be happening in your personal life and adjust your work schedule accordingly.
Productive and Enjoyable work enviroment
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Basic Fundamentals of Substation design and Relay protection
20 years work experience
Civil Inspector (Current Employee) –  bahrainSeptember 2, 2013
I have been Civil work experience over 20 years
In many organizations such as GULG CONTRACTORS CO AS Chief Surveyor , Dorsch Consalant , now enjoying in Mottmacdonald
Solid company, employee-owned, great management & benefits
Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 19, 2012
Nice office, low stress, productive environment. Everyone is treated with respect and given the opportunity to learn, grow, and encouraged to better themselves. Management is attentive and fair. Co-workers are pleasant and well-chosen. Excellent work-life balance with deadlines that are very well managed.
Pros
professional and friendly work environment