Mott MacDonald

Mott MacDonald Employer Reviews

Solid company, employee-owned, great management & benefits
Specialist IV (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXNovember 19, 2012
Pros: professional and friendly work environment
Nice office, low stress, productive environment. Everyone is treated with respect and given the opportunity to learn, grow, and encouraged to better themselves. Management is attentive and fair. Co-workers are pleasant and well-chosen. Excellent work-life balance with deadlines that are very well managed.
Great working environment
Legal Adviser/Business Development (Former Employee), Brighton, SOctober 8, 2014
Supportive management and great colleagues
It was possible to develop my carrier in connection with proposal in new topics.
Productive and Fun Loving work atmosphere with high motivation.
PROJECT COORDINATOR/ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), MUSCAT, Sultante of OmanSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: free family accommodation, airtravel for self and spouse once in six months for home recreation leave
Cons: health care with full life insurance cover
Very congenial atmosphere working with International colleagues from Europe, USA and local exemplary guys who were all ready to cooperate and assist in troubleshooting difficult assignments and worked fast paced against stipulated time frame in order to complete a sophisticated and research oriented Oil and Gas Exploration projects. Challenging and – more... at the same time quite enjoyable experience because of the support and encouragement rendered by my Superiors. Earned five star award for my contribution to the Harweel Oil Project executived jontly by Shell/PDO Oman. Gained compatible skills in computer operation such as SAP modules and Electronic Expense Claims management, HR and Public Relations Management. – less
good work colleagues but lack forward thinking
Project Manager / Sr Protection & Control Engineer (Current Employee), Westwood, ONJuly 15, 2014
Enjoyed my project but management pressure was intense.

I would have liked more international exposure.
Company's forget the human factor
None (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZJuly 14, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: long hours, the food is not good
A very repetitive day with little to no new activities, management only care about getting your time card signed and submitted on time.

I cannot say to much about my mates, some good and some wellllll.
Brief Assignment
Senior Programme Planner (Former Employee), London, ENGMay 24, 2014
Pros: exposure to emerging green technology
Cons: brief assignment
Interesting work involving cutting edge waste reduction technology, although very brief exposure, owing to immigration to Australia.
Good to work in Mott MacDonald. Nice working environment. Slow growth.
IT Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee), Muscat, OmanMay 11, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
It is good to work in Mott MacDonald Oman. I have spent good time. But now because of localisation (Omanisation) in support departments there is no job security. And thats why I took decision for job change.
IT Support Administrator (Current Employee), Dubai, DUApril 10, 2014
Play an important role in decision making process with direct impact on business operations, strategy development, client service, and staff motivation. Establish goals and deadlines; monitor performances and operations progress.
Share best practices, ideas, approaches, know-how, business opportunities, and market-knowledge between various groups across – more... the organization. Implement effective problem solving techniques resulting to successful business operation. – less
Best work experience
U.A.E. - Design Draughtsman (Former Employee), Dubai, DUApril 3, 2014
Pros: oportunities for experience growth
Cons: financial growth
great working skills are gained as OJT. With the support of a wonderful team i have gained a great deal of experience, knowledge in geotechnical field and few new softwares. Work environment is set to a high standard of proffessionalism.
Lead/Senior Electrical Engineer Oil and Gas
Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Dubai, DUMarch 8, 2014
Detailed engineering, FEED and project management of oil and gas projects.
Excellent Experience
Analyst (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGMarch 7, 2014
A good exposure to Traffic and Transportation projects. Very supportive team and management.
A supportive workplace
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), London, ENGFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: a good work-life balance
Cons: pressure around deadlines and workload. jobs coming in at short notice.
As a Marketing Assistant I have a varied working day. I deal with advertising requests, coordinating exhibition materials, plan events and help with ad-hoc marketing requests.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the creative outlet that I get from working with a design team and editorial collegues.

No day is the same and this is another positive – more... of my job.

The hardest part of my job is working to very strict deadlines and juggling many tasks that compete for attention. I need to be very organised.

I've learned a huge amount in my current role on marketing, branding, advertising strategy,design and engineering topics.

My workplace is supportive and I have good co workers. – less
Productive and fun place of work
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee), BirminghamJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: travelling to different locations, travel expenses included
Cons: working evening and weekends, lone working
I worked as a Market Research Interviewer for Mott Macdonald from October 2008 to January 2011 which was a fixed term contract. I througly enjoyed conducting face to face travel surveys which involved cold calling at households and carrying out interviews using a PDA. My colleagues and I would have regular meetings at the Mott Macdonald head office – more... in Birmingham to update on our progress. My Co-Workers were fun to work with and we got on well within the team. Sometimes I would go out in a group of 2 or 3 to an area and we would cold call at households. This was great for raising team morale and working together to get the quota. I also lone worked in different areas where I motivated my self and got my quota. Occasionally I trained new temporary staff as I was excellant at exceeding my targets. I loved meeting people and working together as a team. My Manager was very supportive and worked to excellant standards. At times It was difficult to get the quota straightaway and handling rejection is the hardest part of the job. We also conducted travel surveys where we stopped vehicles on particular roads authorised to complete a survey. This was very interesting and fun work and I loved working within my team. The most important thing I learned in my role as a Market Research Interviewer was meeting people from all walks of life and being confident and communicating well with people at all times. I was impressed with my income as the harder I worked the more I earned and It was commision based but I enjoyed doing it at the same time. – less
Oil & Gas Dubai is worst
Project Coodinator/ Manager (Current Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 6, 2013
Pros: good office, public holidays, good employees.
Cons: bad management, too much of work load, no appreciation
Opinion can vary upon different offices. Oil & Gas Dubai office runs like a family business. Its not your job worthiness that is counted but how you are related to someone. Salary does not match work load.
Rubbish
Project Controls (Former Employee), LondonNovember 26, 2013
Cons: everything
I had worked for Motts for nine years the first six years were good but the last three were hell on earth. I had a change in management who were more concerned about themselves than their staff. They treated people with no respect and bullied them. Basically if they didn't like your face they would try all ways to get you out I eventually found a new – more... job and escaped.
This company expects you to work hard for no return. – less
Professional and Employee focused
Graduate Engineer (Current Employee), Altrincham, ENGNovember 20, 2013
There are plenty of people who are very knowledgeable, experienced and professional in the industry. The company cares of the welfare of an indivisual employee in evey aspect.
Worked 21 years QA/QC roles and 10 years alone in oil&Gas EPC Projects
Lead QA / QC Engineer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZNovember 17, 2013
• A Mechanical Engineering Graduate with over 21 years’ (10 years with EPC) experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control having worked on EPC projects for Oil & Gas .Presently working as Sr. QA/QC Engineer with Mott Macdonald, Abu Dhabi, UAE for their various EPC Projects. Well Experience
big project
Water Resource Management and Land Improvement (Former Employee), KazakhstanOctober 3, 2013
Pros: big project
Cons: long hours
Great to work on a big project of national significance. Staff were a mixture of local and English and cultural differences were overcome to work together as a team.
Assistant to the CEO.
Assistant to the CEO (Former Employee), London, UKOctober 3, 2013
Managed on organized workflow controls for all pending projects.
Created presentations and served as an interpreter for proposals and offers.
Organized meetings with government officials
Provided administrative assistance for three executives
Always an opportunity to learn more
Officer - Personnel & Administration (Former Employee), MumbaiAugust 7, 2013
Pros: pleasant working ambiance.
Cons: nothing that i can relate as of now.
Wonderful set of personnel who are dedicated and long service tenure professionals.

About Mott MacDonald

At Mott MacDonald we are always looking for the best people to join our company. We are a uniquely diverse range of locally based – Read more

Mott MacDonald Photos