Mount Auburn Hospital

Mount Auburn Hospital Employer Reviews

Mt Aub
R.N. Staff/Charge Nurse/Clinical Leader (Former Employee), staff nurseOctober 15, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers. free nightime parking
Cons: rare breaks. no admin support
Mount Auburn is WONDEFUL for patients. Everyone is treated kindly and equally. Staff is supported well by managers, but not by administration. Rarely are the admins seen, but they say they are always around and supportive. Pay is competitive, benefits are "ok." However, like any institution, they do well in being financially ahead of the game. Unfortunately, – more... it's at the employees expense. – less
mixed bag
Nurse (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 14, 2014
Mt Auburn Hospital is a mixed bag. There are some wonderful people who work within the facility, primarily the nonexempt staff. They are truly dedicated, caring, and skilled. However, the upper management and administration are not as dedicated to their employees. At times they can be hostile and abusive, especially towards those who are not in total – more... agreement with them or willing to follow the "party line".
And if you are looking for professional growth, this is not the place for you. – less
Medical Assistant/ Medical Secretary (Current Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: commute
Its a good job. Bit of a commute for me and the pay could be a little better. I do enjoy working here.
Phlebotomy
Phlebotomy/ Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 2, 2014
• Verifies patient by reading patient identification.
• Obtains blood specimens by performing venipunctures and fingersticks.
• Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures; observing isolation procedures.
• Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies – more... and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JHACO standards. – less
Small hospital setting
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 16, 2014
This hospital is a bit set apart from the rest. Good for someone looking for a slower pace.
Mount Auburn Hospital great place to work
MS/Ma, Medical Interpreter, Phlebotomy, (Former Employee), Blood Bank, Neurology, OBGYNApril 26, 2014
Pros: care and compassion
Cons: small hospital
My day was busy but rewarding. I enjoyed seeing my patients and be one of the people that show care and compassion. I learned that we have to get acquaintance with different backgrounds and cultures. The hardest part of the job I think is not being able to help someone because their illness is not curable.
Unhealthy environment to work in. Advancement was based on who you knew instead of what what you knew and how well you performed.
Pre-Admission Review Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 21, 2013
Pros: benefits were decent
Cons: outdated software, gossiping extended to management within department, unprofessional atmosphere, constant job insecurity and high turn over.
Days were long and stressful due to poor ventilation and office politics. Constant gossiping and unprofessional behaviors made a depressed work workplace.
Accommodating patients, Showed compassion towards every patient
Emergency Room Admitting Coordinator (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 3, 2013
I learned a lot of medical terminology, handled different types of insurances and payments. Working in the Emergency Room gave me the experience I need to be compatible for any type of medical office job. I am very ambitious and willing to learn to grow within the office.
Wonderful Hospital with a great reputation
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), cambridge, maAugust 12, 2013
• Treatment of patients using consummate customer service to ensure that they have an enjoyable and comfortable experience
• Complete patient treatments as directed, and assist healthcare professionals with more complex treatments
• Monitor the whole experience of the patient, and paperwork, to ensure that everything is completed correctly and in a – more... timely manner
• Developed a keen understanding of the medical industry’s needs in terms of equipment and products, by being in charge of all purchases – less
Great team work amongst the staff/excellant management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 19, 2013
Pros: support and work hours
Cons: decline in patient census
Great place to work caring for 4-6 patients on a medical/sugical/oncology unit. This is where I received my basic training as a RN with an exceptional staff.
Long hours with excellent surgeons
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 29, 2013
I fit right in at Mount Auburn from my first day. It is a very fast paced operating room. The surgeons are excellent and easy to work with. Co-workers are all very helpful.
Long, tenured staff
Coordinator (Current Employee), RadiologyMay 11, 2013
Pros: friendly atmosphere for patients, patient centered care
Cons: not supportive of employee needs and interest
To have 30 years of employment is not uncommon and it is known to be a friendly hospital. With that tenure of staff there is also some staleness. Employee management resource/support is non existent and often long tenured staff are promoted without supervision staff education. Senior executive level management is hard to penetrate- and micromanges downward. – more... Change is slow. – less
Mount Auburn Hospital is a great place to work and learn
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 1, 2013
I have learned so much being at MAH. I have learned to deal with patients which is something I have never done before and I do enjoy that part of the job.
My co-workers are great and I have also learned lots from them.
The job changes everyday and that makes it enjoyable.
A good place to work.
Patient Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 29, 2013
One of the best places to work for. They take good care of their workers.
learned great surgical skills and taking care of patients in the ICU
Cardio-thoracic Physician Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: working with amazing surgeons
Cons: early mornings
Working as a CT PA was one of tremendous growth. Being able to surgically remove the saphenous vein and taking care of patients post op in the ICU was intimidating at first. However, I learned so much and strengthen my confidence as a Physician Assistant.
Good benefits for employees
Intern (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 4, 2013
A comunity hospital that is not in the city but has the prestige of a city hospital
good place
Lead Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 10, 2013
good place, good staff,work from 530 to 2
competative rates, christmas bonuses
RN (Former Employee), Cambridge, MaDecember 19, 2012
Pros: co-workers, management
Cons: location and the patients have a privileged attitude.
I worked for a number of years and found the hospital to be a great place to work. My co-workers were great and the management always had your back. The patients are a little privileged and that was probably the hardest part of the job.
Example: Productive and fun workplace
Shipping/Receiving Specialist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 17, 2012
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Mount Auburn is a great place to work for.They have wellness program.
Good enviroment with great doctors.
LABORATORY ASSISTANT/COMPUTER OPERATOR (Former Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 10, 2012
Pros: areas to learn more and move up.
Cons: compassion for the patients who are going through tough times
Good place to work with great teamwork and always a place to learn more of the medical field. I enjoyed my job in knowing that I was helping in times of needs for patients.