Mount Auburn Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

demanding I.T. environment with patient care being paramount
Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 4, 2015
A challenging place to work given the short staff and constrained budget yet its very rewarding as the small I.T. team is a very cooperative and communicative group with strong leadership.
Very often doctors and nurses with varying levels of technical finesse call with urgent requests that are very effectively handled by our team with the end result being an thankful hospital staff and well cared for patients. Quite often we are presented with a teaching moment that few of us on the I.T. staff pass up, and the users are more often than not, willing to learn if there is time during their call (or later on if their day permits).
Working in a fast paced non profit healthcare facility taught me how to do more with less and serve the customer humbly and quickly. Learning how to multitask and follow procedures is also one of the benefits of working at Mount Auburn Hospital. Seeing the impact your assistance ultimately has on patient care, especially in the emergency department, is a very rewarding experience. The benefits package is more than adequate and the cafeteria, while it is serving "hospital food", isn't that bad either, my only wish is that they had a gym on site.
overall postivie
Budget and Decision Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 23, 2015
overall positive. lots of room for advancement. compensation not competitive but benefits generous. Flexibility for hours is lacking and not amenable for work/life balance.
Horrible place to work
MEDICAL SECRETARY MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  CAMBRIDGEAugust 8, 2015
This company gives you 2% raises every year.. The average seniority is 30 years. If you want this as a stepping stone fine, but do not make a career here. inexperienced managers. HORRIBLE.
Pros
2% EVERY YEAR AND THAT'S ALL
Cons
NO CONFIDENTIALITY
Comfy place to work
Lead Qlikview Developer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 8, 2016
Working here was great the first couple of years. They people are great to work with and really do want to make a difference. After a few years though, I realized that there were no opportunities for advancement and raises are given out annually to everyone based on how the hospital performs.

There is a lot of bureaucracy and trying to get anything done can be a real challenge. Everyone needs to have an opinion and even the smallest decisions have to come from the top.
14 years ...
Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 11, 2016
Watch your back. The place is swarming with rats. The people in your own uniform, your brothers, your life line for safety. I handled ugly situations with everyone of those guys and they ratted me out on allegation. Worse of it all after my time, blood, plenty of sweat and occasional tears they betrayed me. Middle Management was looking for a reason and they got one.
Pros
You will make life long friends
Cons
Middle management and the rats
solid, enjoyable and caring place to work
Occupational Therapy Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 3, 2016
It's a great community hospital to work for. There are lots of healthcare workers that have stayed at Mount Auburn for many years which shows the dedication and teamwork it offers.
Pros
employee appreciation lunches, flexible schedules
Cons
difficulty moving upwards in the organization
One of my favorite places
Pre Admissions Review Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 13, 2016
I learned so much at this job, It's got wonderful helpful people and most of my coworkers had been there for years. Everyone cared about everyone and their lives outside of work.
Pros
lunch and free jeans day
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 20, 2016
Great place to work, nice work environment, people are very nice, Mt Auburn Hospital has excellent benefit package, good management
Great diversity, management could be better, generous benefits
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MaMarch 30, 2015
It is as very diverse company. Work with people from all over. They have generous benefits and time off. They have poor quality management. It could be a lot better.
Pros
generous benefits, and time off
Cons
poor management
good place to work
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Allston, MAApril 14, 2015
The company as a whole is good. The problem was the department. The director was very unpleasant and difficult to work with and she did not do her job well. She played favorites with staff.
Pros
good benefits
Mt Aub
R.N. Staff/Charge Nurse/Clinical Leader (Former Employee) –  staff nurseOctober 15, 2014
Mount Auburn is WONDEFUL for patients. Everyone is treated kindly and equally. Staff is supported well by managers, but not by administration. Rarely are the admins seen, but they say they are always around and supportive. Pay is competitive, benefits are "ok." However, like any institution, they do well in being financially ahead of the game. Unfortunately, it's at the employees expense.
Pros
friendly coworkers. free nightime parking
Cons
rare breaks. no admin support
Decent paying job, great for students, good place to get the basics of a hospital pharmacy
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 15, 2015
Typical work day focuses on refilling Pyxis machines on each floor, making IVs, and ensuring patient medications are on floors. Coworkers are mostly students, some of the full-time technicians are difficult to get along with and biased. Basic principle - keep to yourself, be pleasant, do your work, and nobody will have any reason to say anything bad about you.
Unhealthy environment to work in. Advancement was based on who you knew instead of what what you knew and how well you performed.
Pre-Admission Review Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 21, 2013
Days were long and stressful due to poor ventilation and office politics. Constant gossiping and unprofessional behaviors made a depressed work workplace.
Pros
benefits were decent
Cons
outdated software, gossiping extended to management within department, unprofessional atmosphere, constant job insecurity and high turn over.
Enjoyed the job, working with patients, was fruitful for me. Gave me a sense of worth when helping other with a serious need.
Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 2, 2015
Pros; I really enjoyed working at Mount Auburn Hospital, though the hours were hard. I showed up ready and willing to help patients. And assisting the ER Doctors and Nurses.

The cons were no growth! They had a good team of guys there. But, I felt some were a bit complacent for some have been there for 20 and 30 plus years. So very afraid of change and to try new practices.
Pros
The convenience of parking, and dealing with patient on a daily bases.
Cons
No Growth.
The waltham location- awesome workplace!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 8, 2015
I really enjoyed working for MAH at their Waltham, MA location. The building was quiet and comfortable. The endocrinologist I worked for here was amazing. No drama, no extra work. It was a pleasure to work there.
Job
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 15, 2015
It is a nice place to work. There are very easy days and very busy days. There is a great amount of team work. The people are nice and management is supportive.
hostile work environment,poor management. in supportive administration
ER RN (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 10, 2015
I've worked at the hospital for 3 years. It has to be the most hostile work environment I've ever worked in. Management is poor,involved in work related gossiping. There is always favoritism when it comes to assignments and scheduling. Co workers miserable and angry due to work conditions. Working long hours with few breaks. Not a pleasant place to work at all. Looking to get a different job once I finish school.
Pros
hard working coworkers
Cons
unsafe working conditions, awful management
Every day is different
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 30, 2012
Every day is different working here because you never know what your day is going to be like. I work with some great co-workers and as a team we get the job done.
Pros
good environment
Cons
there should be more raises other than the cost of living raise that is provided every year.
worse management, long hours no breaks. administration is MIA
RN (Current Employee) –  Cambridge,MaMarch 10, 2015
Currently work in the ER at MAH. Work long hours,and hardly any breaks. Management is awful,gossiping about fellow employees. No support, understaffed at all times. Working under unsafe conditions. If I didn't need the $ I wouldn't work here. Looking to get my bachelor's degree and find a better job.
Pros
great patients, co workers work hard
Cons
poor management, long hours, few breaks. pay not that great.
Patient Centered Care is the main focuse of Mount Auburn
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 20, 2015
Mount Auburn Hospital is a great Teaching Hospital. The staff is very supportive of each other. There is no doubt that is the reason our patients get such great care. When employees are happy, they care about their job. In a health care setting, that is primordial. That is one of the reasons I enjoy working there.
Pros
Great wworking atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours

Mount Auburn Hospital Reviews by Location