Mount Auburn Hospital Employee Reviews

Great hospital outside city
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 13, 2017
Great hospital that is growing and competing in a competitive health care environment in Boston. Great alternative to downtown health care. Several very good cardiac units.
best job
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 12, 2017
Loved working for this company. Lots of opportunity for growth and movement. Good environment. Good benefits after 90 days. lot of off sites to woke with.
Overall good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 30, 2017
Great support staff, good management truly cares about employees. Great place for new nurses to gain experience in multidisciplinary, patient centered care.
Cons
Floor staffing shortages
no career advancement
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 10, 2017
no advancement to grow. would like better opportunity. I will not be writing a review on mount auburn hospital that is not why I am looking for anither
Great people
Cardiology Technician / Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 23, 2017
I love the people here. They are normal and always ready to help. Benefits are okay, but job security is good. Management could be better. Getting things done like maintenance can take forever. Still great place to be.
Unable to teach
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 12, 2017
Not a good teaching hospital. I have been trying to learn a new skill for over a year that they could easily teach me but they refuse to.
Poor leadership
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 4, 2017
Longevity over competency is a common trend at this hospital. I read the employee reviews before I started the job and now in retrospect, I wish that I had taken them more seriously.

The hospital holds onto to staff that cannot do their own job, never mind that the very same people, are expected to advise others how to do their job. It's quite scary really.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Hospital is so behind the times, Technology lacks, Leadership is stale and skills are outdated, Leadership does not like change
A great place to work.
Admitting Coordinator Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 17, 2017
The staff at Mount Auburn Hospital are awesome. The communication is great and the respectful. The healthcare is exceptional and the patients we serve are appreciative and satisfied with their care.
hostile working place,very negative work place
Technical Coordinator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 21, 2016
scared to go to work at times, I work with employees that have been working for the hospital for a very long time and have a lot of negative things to say about management, its so bad it seems that their unhappiness is affecting their work performance. Unhappy place
Pros
close to home
Cons
such a bad environment
love my job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 17, 2016
i really love what i do and wont change that for nothing this place has shown me that i can learn while working as well i work alone i get a lot done on the daily work day by day and try not to back my self up
Pros
good patient
Cons
no so much break
Community Hospital with a Downtown Hospital level of excellence
Director of Community Relations (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 11, 2016
Great community hospital, excellent physicians, and administration, a drive to be part of the local communities to which it served. Involved in all that was important to local community members in terms of health care
Pros
Excellent Patient Care
Cons
Limited Growth Opportunity
Excellent place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJuly 19, 2016
Mount Auburn has a great culture between the people working here and the type of work offered, it's challenging but not overly demanding.
One of my favorite places
Pre Admissions Review Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 13, 2016
I learned so much at this job, It's got wonderful helpful people and most of my coworkers had been there for years. Everyone cared about everyone and their lives outside of work.
Pros
lunch and free jeans day
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 20, 2016
Great place to work, nice work environment, people are very nice, Mt Auburn Hospital has excellent benefit package, good management
14 years ...
Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 11, 2016
Watch your back. The place is swarming with rats. The people in your own uniform, your brothers, your life line for safety. I handled ugly situations with everyone of those guys and they ratted me out on allegation. Worse of it all after my time, blood, plenty of sweat and occasional tears they betrayed me. Middle Management was looking for a reason and they got one.
Pros
You will make life long friends
Cons
Middle management and the rats
Comfy place to work
Lead Qlikview Developer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 8, 2016
Working here was great the first couple of years. They people are great to work with and really do want to make a difference. After a few years though, I realized that there were no opportunities for advancement and raises are given out annually to everyone based on how the hospital performs.

There is a lot of bureaucracy and trying to get anything done can be a real challenge. Everyone needs to have an opinion and even the smallest decisions have to come from the top.
solid, enjoyable and caring place to work
Occupational Therapy Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 3, 2016
It's a great community hospital to work for. There are lots of healthcare workers that have stayed at Mount Auburn for many years which shows the dedication and teamwork it offers.
Pros
employee appreciation lunches, flexible schedules
Cons
difficulty moving upwards in the organization
The waltham location- awesome workplace!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 8, 2015
I really enjoyed working for MAH at their Waltham, MA location. The building was quiet and comfortable. The endocrinologist I worked for here was amazing. No drama, no extra work. It was a pleasure to work there.
Decent paying job, great for students, good place to get the basics of a hospital pharmacy
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 15, 2015
Typical work day focuses on refilling Pyxis machines on each floor, making IVs, and ensuring patient medications are on floors. Coworkers are mostly students, some of the full-time technicians are difficult to get along with and biased. Basic principle - keep to yourself, be pleasant, do your work, and nobody will have any reason to say anything bad about you.
demanding I.T. environment with patient care being paramount
Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 4, 2015
A challenging place to work given the short staff and constrained budget yet its very rewarding as the small I.T. team is a very cooperative and communicative group with strong leadership.
Very often doctors and nurses with varying levels of technical finesse call with urgent requests that are very effectively handled by our team with the end result being an thankful hospital staff and well cared for patients. Quite often we are presented with a teaching moment that few of us on the I.T. staff pass up, and the users are more often than not, willing to learn if there is time during their call (or later on if their day permits).
Working in a fast paced non profit healthcare facility taught me how to do more with less and serve the customer humbly and quickly. Learning how to multitask and follow procedures is also one of the benefits of working at Mount Auburn Hospital. Seeing the impact your assistance ultimately has on patient care, especially in the emergency department, is a very rewarding experience. The benefits package is more than adequate and the cafeteria, while it is serving "hospital food", isn't that bad either, my only wish is that they had a gym on site.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Auburn Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Mount Auburn Hospital Reviews by Location