Mount Carmel Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Good work envirnment but not always worth the pay
Phlebotomist - Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 31, 2016
Mount Carmel has good job security, however as an outpatient phlebotomist you will be expected to complete much more than phlebotomy. We are the lowest paid phlebotomists out of the major phlebotomy providing organizations in Columbus. They do have excellent benefits and good teams but it is almost impossible to get a raise. Also, not every site does the same procedure as the rest. If you are a float, you will have to be open to constructive criticism and have enough confidence to tell those phlebotomists that you are doing it the way you were trained. It can be mentally overwhelming at times but I still get up and go to work every morning without pause.
Negative atmosphere (Primarily nurses)
Orderly (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2015
My main issue with this place is the mindset of the nurses. I was an orderly and I dealt with negative nurses everyday. For one, they are under the impression that anyone other than nurses is not worthy to even speak to them. Second, as an orderly, we were required to obtain a signature from the nurse before taking the patient for testing. The nurses were condescending and just plain rude when I asked for their signature.

The management is very corporate and a lot of them have useless jobs where they do absolutely nothing. Random positions with the word "director" at the end.

I would suggest working for any other hospital system such as Ohio Health. They treat 20 year employees like dirt at Mount Carmel. No raises. No incentive.
Pros
Health insurance, Retirement
Cons
Culture, pay, advancement opportunities, management
Mount Carmel had steady decline in benefits
Patient Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2015
After working several years with the Mount Carmel Helath System there were several cuts in benefits including the company participation in the retirement benefits. I deemed it necessary at the time to look torward the future and search other paths.
Pros
Overall enjoyable place to work. Made many friends
Cons
Not much room for advancement, salary increases were stopped
I enjoyed working with patients doing scheduling and referring to appropriate sites that met their needs.
Data Entry Clerk/Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 25, 2015
I answered all incoming calls on the main line. I did all scheduling of the patients that used special services through South East Mental Health . I did scanning all documentation to patient charts. I did mentoring work through the program Mount Carmel had with the local school students interested in doing medical work. The students received some college credits through the program. I also attended all clinics, providing patient sign in, chart completion, and running a smooth clinic flow.
Pros
Every day was busy, different than the previous. The staff was great.
Cons
No room for advancement.
work day
Environmental Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43213February 19, 2016
Very busy, day started at 7:00 a.m. getting all associates places in areas, and making any adjustments that are needed due to call offs, that was one of the hardest parts of my job. I enjoyed working with the housekeeping staff and making patients happy.
Telemetry Department
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 22, 2015
Horrible! Turn over rate is extremely high, management is not stable. The department is treated like dirt and forced to do things that they are not even trained to do. Patient Safety is a huge issue. They do not care who they have to run over. No communication at all!!! No lunches but they take it out of your pay everyday.
na
Employer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2015
I choose not to disclose this information. Thank you for your interest in my opinion, but I do not have one. Have a nice day.
Needs Positive Changes
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 23, 2012
A typical day at work has management micromanging everything and not caring about the employees. I have learned just to keep your mouth shut because opening it, even when it is the best interest of your patients, put a target on your back. Co-workers are in the same boat. But we really do get along and like many of my co-workers.
Pros
3 - 12 hour shifts, 4 days off per week
Cons
low salary
It's ok
Customer Service/Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 5, 2012
The company is a good place to work overall. it's just the managers are biased and getting a raise will rarely happen.Even though you go through numerous evaluations they don't pay regular employees for great evaluations.
Pros
stablity of the hospital environment
Cons
low pay and no evaluation raises
Colleagues have a great mission to take care of patients
Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 21, 2015
Colleagues across the system do whatever they can to take care of our patients. We do have some competition in Columbus, OH. I believe Mount Carmel does a better job.
Love the people, dislike how its managed
Physician Coach (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 8, 2014
Great people, but bad management. Benefits don't line up with competitors. I would not recommend working for this company.
I worked here for 15 years and was downsized.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 17, 2014
My co-workers were the best part of my job. Management had a bullying mentality. I did learn a lot but I had to seek it out.
Cons
salary, management
Very good place to learn
DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHER - (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJune 9, 2015
Fun place to work. I learnt a lot from my co-workers and supervisor. It was a diversity place with a very good team work. It was a constant learning hospital and I enjoyed the opportunity given to me
Pros
I learnt how to scan detail OB
Cons
Not easy to manage the budget if you dot not have set hours
A caring environment that has the patients care at the center of everything!
Graduate Medical Education (GME) Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 6, 2014
I handle various projects ranging anywhere from evaluation, software updates, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, financial analysis and so forth. I have learned to be an excellent multi-tasker and developed remarkable drive for what I do. The people that I work with believe in team work and are always available to give a helping hand but this is a job that lets me work independently when necessary. The best part of the job is being able to be a visonary and a change element for the future of healthcare!
Started out great
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJanuary 11, 2013
Loved working for Mount Carmel and enjoyed the challenges I faced on a daily bases as my position grew into a dual position. Unfortunately once the work load became too much for only one person and they placed my second position on the hiring board; I was passed up on the job due to not having a college degree. I had been working the job for over a year and then denied the opportunity to advanced full time into the position. Once someone with a degree was hired, I was then asked to train that person. This was extremely degrading.
Pros
excellent company
Cons
they don't reward or value the employees they have
Mt. Carmel Health System- Columbus, Ohio
Flex Choice Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioNovember 17, 2014
Great flex choice program.
Flexible self-schedule.
Competitive pay for system float RN's.
Productive days. Compassionate patient care. Enjoy helping people.
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 2, 2013
My work day starts with equipment check. I perform a daily QA for the CT equipment. I check lab works for the patients that require Iodine contrast procedures. I check that exam orders are correct and go from with routine of performing verity of CT procedures. We work as a team and each day I learn what compassion is and how important it is to care for patients. The hardest thing is having the correct order of exam for symptoms the patient has. I enjoy helping people and I really feel I am making a difference in someone's life.
nice
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Mount Carmel, OHNovember 15, 2014
best place..
nice atomsphere
freindly ppl
and gud pay
everyhting was fun and fabulous
Pros
everything
Cons
un experianced management
Jermisha Harry, RN
Registered Nurse, Observation Unit (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 16, 2014
I care for a team for 4 to 6 patients. The admission reasons range all over from chest pain to GI bleeds. I have been nursing for almost 6 years now and I have learned alot. I love taking care of patient and making a difference in their lives.
Pros
i love what i do and work with awesome nurses.
Cons
working short staffed with a heavy patient load.
very nice to work for with great staff
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  5955 East Broad St. Columbus Ohio 43213May 2, 2014
pros: great co workers and management that really look out for each other and the way we help each other out
Cons
less work to do over the past few months and job is being eliminated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Carmel Health System. Our community is ready to answer.