Mount Carmel Health System

Mount Carmel Health System Employer Reviews

Jermisha Harry, RN
Registered Nurse, Observation Unit (Current Employee), Westerville, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: i love what i do and work with awesome nurses.
Cons: working short staffed with a heavy patient load.
I care for a team for 4 to 6 patients. The admission reasons range all over from chest pain to GI bleeds. I have been nursing for almost 6 years now and I have learned alot. I love taking care of patient and making a difference in their lives.
Love the people, dislike how its managed
Physician Coach (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 8, 2014
Great people, but bad management. Benefits don't line up with competitors. I would not recommend working for this company.
Great place for Cancer Care
Staff Radiation Therapist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 6, 2014
Great environment for Cancer Care! I loved working here and working with a dedicated staff. We were able to work together to ensure safety for our patients during their radiation treatments.
very nice to work for with great staff
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee), 5955 East Broad St. Columbus Ohio 43213May 2, 2014
Cons: less work to do over the past few months and job is being eliminated
pros: great co workers and management that really look out for each other and the way we help each other out
Hospital EMR Implementation
Genesis Physician Coach (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2014
Took a lot of work to properly in place the new EMR at this hospital but the experience was worth it. I wouldn't mind working for this organization in the future.
I worked here for 15 years and was downsized.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 17, 2014
Cons: salary, management
My co-workers were the best part of my job. Management had a bullying mentality. I did learn a lot but I had to seek it out.
Productive days. Compassionate patient care. Enjoy helping people.
CT Technologist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 2, 2013
My work day starts with equipment check. I perform a daily QA for the CT equipment. I check lab works for the patients that require Iodine contrast procedures. I check that exam orders are correct and go from with routine of performing verity of CT procedures. We work as a team and each day I learn what compassion is and how important it is to care – more... for patients. The hardest thing is having the correct order of exam for symptoms the patient has. I enjoy helping people and I really feel I am making a difference in someone's life. – less
Started out great
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: excellent company
Cons: they don't reward or value the employees they have
Loved working for Mount Carmel and enjoyed the challenges I faced on a daily bases as my position grew into a dual position. Unfortunately once the work load became too much for only one person and they placed my second position on the hiring board; I was passed up on the job due to not having a college degree. I had been working the job for over a – more... year and then denied the opportunity to advanced full time into the position. Once someone with a degree was hired, I was then asked to train that person. This was extremely degrading. – less
Stable work enviroment
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: double pay for holidays, good vacation time
Learned a lot in the years that I worked there about healthcare in general. Many great employees willing to teach you.
Needs Positive Changes
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 23, 2012
Pros: 3 - 12 hour shifts, 4 days off per week
Cons: low salary
A typical day at work has management micromanging everything and not caring about the employees. I have learned just to keep your mouth shut because opening it, even when it is the best interest of your patients, put a target on your back. Co-workers are in the same boat. But we really do get along and like many of my co-workers.
It's ok
Customer Service/Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 5, 2012
Pros: stablity of the hospital environment
Cons: low pay and no evaluation raises
The company is a good place to work overall. it's just the managers are biased and getting a raise will rarely happen.Even though you go through numerous evaluations they don't pay regular employees for great evaluations.

About Mount Carmel Health System

For 118 years, Mount Carmel has been providing world-class health care with compassion, acceptance, respect and empathy. In that – Read more