Mount Carmel Health System Employee Reviews

Laid back environment except in some of the hospitals where turnover is high and stress levels are higher.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 27, 2017
Trinity has to approve all open positions even when someone leaves a position. This could take months with no guarantee they will be filled. Hospitals are very short staffed. I have met and worked with a lot of amazing, compassionate people. The hardest part of the job is never getting a raise but when more responsibility is added the response is always the same "other duties as assigned is on your job description".
Pros
The educators were friendly and willing to help.
Cons
no raises and no room for advancement.
very productive and interesting place to work
Manager Medicare Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 20, 2017
A lot of work goes into patient financial COB work. Management was good, we were just implementing a new system when I was there. The people were great and the culture was assume good intentions.
Pros
cafeteria on site
Cons
none to speak of
Great hospital system to work for!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 20, 2017
THE best job i have had in such a long time!! the patients can be kind of hard to deal with at times, and some of the physicians. but other then that, my pay was competitive, my benefits were great, the staff i worked wit was awesome and my nurse manager was such a sweetie. the culture of mount carmel was one of experience and diversity. Education is encouraged and valued. NO i do not have a BSN, but was still hired due to my extensive RN experience. i did have to sign an agreement upon hire to obtain my BSN within four years(which is standard, resonable & doable) Mount Carmel embraces change and makes sure its positive for staff and patients alike. They really care about patient care/outcomes and always makes sure its at the forefront of everything they do as a company. Alot of experienced, senior nurses work here and are more than welcome to help the newer nurses learn and grow. i cannot say enough great honest beneficial things about mount carmel health systems! i was absolutely blown away when i started working there.only reson for my departure was i received another job offer somewhere else i couldnt refuse. if not, i would still be at Mount Carmel.
Pros
Sky is the limit as far as listing them
Cons
NONE, NADA, ZIP, ZERO!
ok
Patient Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 15, 2017
i did not like the last two positions i had at mount carmel. all the other jobs were great specially the mri position. i dont have anything else to SAY
Not a forward-thinking company
Patient Experience Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 22, 2016
They struggle to move forward from very low engagement scores. The solution? Hire new executive leaders who push engagement by pushing action plans. No concern for how or why, or what engagement is, just concerned about what is being done, when it will be done, and skipping to the end. The antithesis of engagement. Hospitals are really run by the finance team at the system office. Patient comes secondary by those well-removed decision-makers.
Pros
pay is decent, and so are benefits, but money is not everything
Cons
System leadership, local leadership, embedded culture of underperformance, the commitment to keep doing things the same way as before and expecting better results
Average high school job
Supply Technitian (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2016
I worked with a lot of great people but the management was not very good. I was just one old lady who thought she ran the camp ground but really didn't have much to do with it. It was an easy job but the facility as a whole isn't the nicest.
Pros
Work outside in sun
Cons
Managment
Mount Carmel Health
Director, Primary and Specialty Operations (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 5, 2016
This is a large health care system located in Central Ohio. The Mount Carmel Medical Group is a 225 provider strong organization. The health system has 4 primary locations, East, West, St Anns and New Albany.
work day
Environmental Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43213February 19, 2016
Very busy, day started at 7:00 a.m. getting all associates places in areas, and making any adjustments that are needed due to call offs, that was one of the hardest parts of my job. I enjoyed working with the housekeeping staff and making patients happy.
Good work envirnment but not always worth the pay
Phlebotomist - Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 31, 2016
Mount Carmel has good job security, however as an outpatient phlebotomist you will be expected to complete much more than phlebotomy. We are the lowest paid phlebotomists out of the major phlebotomy providing organizations in Columbus. They do have excellent benefits and good teams but it is almost impossible to get a raise. Also, not every site does the same procedure as the rest. If you are a float, you will have to be open to constructive criticism and have enough confidence to tell those phlebotomists that you are doing it the way you were trained. It can be mentally overwhelming at times but I still get up and go to work every morning without pause.
na
Employer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2015
I choose not to disclose this information. Thank you for your interest in my opinion, but I do not have one. Have a nice day.
I enjoyed working with patients doing scheduling and referring to appropriate sites that met their needs.
Data Entry Clerk/Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 25, 2015
I answered all incoming calls on the main line. I did all scheduling of the patients that used special services through South East Mental Health . I did scanning all documentation to patient charts. I did mentoring work through the program Mount Carmel had with the local school students interested in doing medical work. The students received some college credits through the program. I also attended all clinics, providing patient sign in, chart completion, and running a smooth clinic flow.
Pros
Every day was busy, different than the previous. The staff was great.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Telemetry Department
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 22, 2015
Horrible! Turn over rate is extremely high, management is not stable. The department is treated like dirt and forced to do things that they are not even trained to do. Patient Safety is a huge issue. They do not care who they have to run over. No communication at all!!! No lunches but they take it out of your pay everyday.
Colleagues have a great mission to take care of patients
Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 21, 2015
Colleagues across the system do whatever they can to take care of our patients. We do have some competition in Columbus, OH. I believe Mount Carmel does a better job.
Negative atmosphere (Primarily nurses)
Orderly (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2015
My main issue with this place is the mindset of the nurses. I was an orderly and I dealt with negative nurses everyday. For one, they are under the impression that anyone other than nurses is not worthy to even speak to them. Second, as an orderly, we were required to obtain a signature from the nurse before taking the patient for testing. The nurses were condescending and just plain rude when I asked for their signature.

The management is very corporate and a lot of them have useless jobs where they do absolutely nothing. Random positions with the word "director" at the end.

I would suggest working for any other hospital system such as Ohio Health. They treat 20 year employees like dirt at Mount Carmel. No raises. No incentive.
Pros
Health insurance, Retirement
Cons
Culture, pay, advancement opportunities, management
Mount Carmel had steady decline in benefits
Patient Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2015
After working several years with the Mount Carmel Helath System there were several cuts in benefits including the company participation in the retirement benefits. I deemed it necessary at the time to look torward the future and search other paths.
Pros
Overall enjoyable place to work. Made many friends
Cons
Not much room for advancement, salary increases were stopped
Very good place to learn
DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHER - (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJune 9, 2015
Fun place to work. I learnt a lot from my co-workers and supervisor. It was a diversity place with a very good team work. It was a constant learning hospital and I enjoyed the opportunity given to me
Pros
I learnt how to scan detail OB
Cons
Not easy to manage the budget if you dot not have set hours
Mt. Carmel Health System- Columbus, Ohio
Flex Choice Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioNovember 17, 2014
Great flex choice program.
Flexible self-schedule.
Competitive pay for system float RN's.
nice
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Mount Carmel, OHNovember 15, 2014
best place..
nice atomsphere
freindly ppl
and gud pay
everyhting was fun and fabulous
Pros
everything
Cons
un experianced management
A caring environment that has the patients care at the center of everything!
Graduate Medical Education (GME) Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 6, 2014
I handle various projects ranging anywhere from evaluation, software updates, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, financial analysis and so forth. I have learned to be an excellent multi-tasker and developed remarkable drive for what I do. The people that I work with believe in team work and are always available to give a helping hand but this is a job that lets me work independently when necessary. The best part of the job is being able to be a visonary and a change element for the future of healthcare!
Jermisha Harry, RN
Registered Nurse, Observation Unit (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 16, 2014
I care for a team for 4 to 6 patients. The admission reasons range all over from chest pain to GI bleeds. I have been nursing for almost 6 years now and I have learned alot. I love taking care of patient and making a difference in their lives.
Pros
I love what I do and work with awesome nurses.
Cons
working short staffed with a heavy patient load.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Carmel Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9