Mount Carmel Health Employee Reviews

Collaborative place
Grossing Technician (Current Employee) –  Not knownDecember 9, 2017
My job is good over all.
No complaint as working and having hand to mouth surviving.
My job environment is acceptable and have no complaint.
Every worker is respectable.
Pros
Thank god working and making enough to surviv.
Cons
No benefits is offering so far.
Active and Stable
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 29, 2017
I enjoy the energy of my day. I feel the morale is low but energy is high on the unit. I feel management doesn't address the issues at hand and sweeps it under the rug to avoid conflict. I am on my feet and constantly moving and learning new processes.
Pros
Location, Physical action
Cons
Healthcare, management styles
Typical Hospital Nursing job
PICC Line RN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 22, 2017
Performed the typical nursing job you would expect at a hospital. There are good people and not great people there like any other organization would have.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
People were put in management positions that didn't have the skills.
OR Environment
Surgical Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working here in the Operating Room at MCE. Most of the staff was friendly and easy to talk to. It was stressful at time, but I enjoy that because it kept me on my feet and ready for anything.
Unit Clerical Associate for Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 8, 2017
I would recommend working at Mount Carmel to anyone. The Doctors, nurses and all staff members work hard to provide excellent healthcare. At the end of my shift, I always felt like we did our best to help our patients.
Patient centered
Physician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 4, 2017
Mount Carmel Health System is an holistic health system, focusing on health of the mind, body, spirit and soul. Patients are treated as humans as they were persons before they became patients
Excellent nurses and co workers
Unit Coordinator and Pre Admission Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 3, 2017
Really enjoyed my time working at Mount Carmel. Learned a lot and gained a lot of experience during my time there. Actually wish that I never left. Big mistake
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
Long drive to work
N/a
Neurology RN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 1, 2017
Mount Carmel is a great place to work! Management is helpful, and accommodating. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a new place to work.
Cardiac Medical ICU
RN travel (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 23, 2017
Patient to nurse ratio is to high for a medical ICU. Ratio 5:1. PCT's are very helpful, without them you wouldn't make it. Post op open heart, thoracotomy, post ablation and PTCA's require attention. Charge nurse's don't take patients which helps some but overall it still gets very overwhelming some nights.
It Depends on the location
Medical Practice Representative (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHOctober 20, 2017
The most disappointment experience was going from orientation where EVERY ONE I encountered was warm and inviting and then to have to work with professionals who operated as if they were all working for themselves at MCHS.
Pros
Orientation
Cons
Professional not practicing the MCHS commitment, goals and values.
great place
RN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 18, 2017
friendly working environment , patient focus facility .Have work with great co workers and managers . Accessible place to park. Great learning environment.
relaxed environment
Valet Parking (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 12, 2017
The work environment was slower and relaxed.The day consisted of helping customers with locating specific facilities. Keeping a record of cars that are parked for customers
I would not recommend MC.
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 10, 2017
Its a high stress job with 12 hour shifts where some days you can't even go to the bathroom or eat. The management is extremely nice and the pay was decent but those were the only pros to the job.
Excellent learning experience
Telemetry Float Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 6, 2017
FLex Choice is a wonderful department to work within the Mount Carmel Health System. The system float nurses should be allowed to purchase disability insurance , life insurance and other medical benefits if they choose to pay out of pocket exspenses.
Pros
Make your on schedule, daily if needed
Cons
no benefits or guaranteed hours for the system float positions
Stressful but rewarding
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 30, 2017
I overly enjoyed my time at Mt Carmel. The floor meshed well and the teamwork was amazing. As any other place you work, there are cons and management isn't always the greatest but I would go back if I desired.
Multiple hospital system
Operations Manager, Radiology (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 26, 2017
Great place for advancement. 350 bed hospital that is continuing to grow. There are new and exciting programs being developed with a new tower and advancements happening.
Opportunity to grow
Certified Registered Central Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 26, 2017
I like to work at MCE. It gives the opportunity in career growing. Benefit program allowed me to get an Assosiate's Degree for free. Manager responds to issues fast.
Fast paced
Staff Registered Nurse - ED (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 25, 2017
Energetic work environment. The emergency department offers the opportunity to care for individuals with a wide array of health issues. Staff is team oriented.
work place
Diet Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 22, 2017
typical work day checking orders, answering phone, checking diets, ect. learned how to move fast, the safe of other diets. management need to learn how to work together and explain work better. hardest management not understanding you. most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers.
productive and fun
Diagnostic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 14, 2017
Amazing group of people I worked with in all department; not just Radiology. Learned a lot from them and also from my patients. It is truly one of the most fulfilling thing in the world to be able to help people even just by doing my job.
Pros
Meet and work with all sorts of people in every background
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Carmel Health. Our community is ready to answer.