Mount Holyoke College

Mount Holyoke College Employer Reviews

productive, creative and supportive and very diverse.
French Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), South Hadley, MAApril 25, 2014
Pros: always enough food available for all students.
Cons: very busy life.
If you really want to work and study in a challenging environment, Mount Holyoke College is the best place to be. I am writing about MHC in two perspectives: a teacher and a student.

Teaching at MHC was the best experience in my life. lt was a personal and professional growth. A typical day will be getting up early, reviewing your class preparation – more... and materials, going to class and make sure you give the most of the day"s lesson and really interacting well with the students along with seeing the big signs of understanding on their classroom activities. After class you might be doing extra activities to help the students improve like my colleagues and l used to do every Tuesday called The French Table. You will find very studious students who love challenge and excellence.

The hardest part of it was being a teacher and a full time student. l barely had free time for myself but it was such a great learning process as a learned to be multi-task.

It was very enjoyable to have a opportunity to be part of the many cultural activities organized on campus, – less
exciting campus to work on lots going on
Executive Line Cook (Former Employee), every doom on campusMarch 31, 2014
Pros: staff and studen life
Cons: magement and how dinning services is ran
Set-up work station
Wash and unwrap fresh fruits and vegetables
Weigh, evaluate, and mix ingredients
Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food
Prepare and cook food in keeping with recipes, quality standards and presentation standards
Operate stoves, grills, fryers, ovens and microwaves
Test foods to verify if – more... they have been cooked adequately
Monitor food quality while preparing food.
Serve food in appropriate portions onto suitable receptacles
Wash and sanitize tools, knives, kitchen area, tables, and utensils
In depth knowledge of hygiene, hand washing and safety codes. – less
Perfect job for learning and a balance between work and school.
Information Desk Attendant (Former Employee), South Hadley, MAJune 10, 2013
Pros: flexible and supportive schedule and supervisors.
Cons: early and late shifts.
This job was a perfect fit for me because I was a student athlete at Mount Holyoke College so scheduling work into my life was made easier by the job being flexible and at athletics complex. I learned how to schedule events, maintain equipment and to protect the space and patrons of the complex. My supervisors were exceptional, always understanding – more... and approachable. The hardest part of my job was having to disappoint patrons when there were scheduling or payment discrepancies, but it also taught me how to be polite and tactful when dealing with difficult customer service situations. The most enjoyable part of my job was greeting individuals and helping prospective families and students navigate the space and program. I was most happy about the level of respect and trust that I received from my supervisors. – less
Beautiful Place to be
Student (Current Employee), BlanchardMay 5, 2013
Its a wonderful place to learn and work in. its beautiful, encouraging and everyone is always willing to help
Great and Supportive
Student Worker, LITS (Former Employee), South Hadley, MAAugust 12, 2012
As a college student, this is the best place for work study. LITS, is supportive and understanding, but still instills in you a hard work ethic, and teaches you valuable skills!
Productive and delightful workplace
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), South Hadley, MAJuly 26, 2012
Counselors are there to help and guide workers to improve our daily task. Answering and directing calls to appropriate party and answering questions for students that need help. Helping critique resumes and workers are there as a resource to find employment. The hardest part of this job was to work hard to perform every task perfectly. The most enjoyable – more... part was the students reaction after they feel a relief from my assistance. – less
Great Place!
Eco-Rep (Current Employee), South Hadley, MAApril 27, 2012
Pros: good education, great environment, safe and open, great professors
Cons: rigorous education, little free time, expensive
great place to learn to be a strong confident women. This is a safe place for women to try things that they might be intimidated to try at a coed school. If I had not gone to Mount Holyoke I probably would never have taken a computer science class.