Mount Hood Community College Employee Reviews

This was a great place because there were so many people learning so many different subjects
Front desk clerk/ receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORAugust 22, 2016
A great place to work because its always interacting with people and helping others, getting to direct and advice was a blessed opportunity for me to do more then a job.
Pros
learned to use Excel, classes were included
Cons
part time work, or odd hours
Students come first and faculty helps each other.
Mathematics Teacher (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 31, 2016
As Part-Time Faculty my storage and office hours space was all shared public space. This was both a pro and a con. On one hand I had to carry all my stuff, grading, books, assignments, with me for security sake, but on the other hand both the students and fellow faculty members were very accessible to me. This was a supportive learning environment in a humble school.
Pros
Colleagues, students, flexibility
Cons
poor cafeteria, not much full time available.
Best education institute you can afford!
Student (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORMarch 6, 2016
This is the right place for anyone who can inherited the most valuable knowledge, educational institution that best suits for your future needs. Start here at MHCC is the best!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
No cons!
Awesome company, free treats
Bookstore Associate (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORMarch 12, 2014
I only got hired as a temporary worker for the bookstore for the rush at beginning of term. Management was super supportive, really helpful and good with training. You get a discount and you will definitely want to buy something, because the stuff is totally rad. The purchaser for the store is one of the nicest people you will meet as is the manager. We got treats everyday during rush, and if you have any problems or questions, the managers are there and they want you to succeed.
Pros
Cons
Short term...
Productive and enjoyable.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Troutdale, OregonMay 28, 2012
Working here with all the different people was very rewarding. I learned a lot about people in general and how surprisingly smart they can be, even though they did not finish school. The management was pretty efficient and working with my co-workers was always a blast. The hardest part of the job was teaching when the student didn't understand the subject or content of the subject. The most enjoyable was when they did understand, and their whole face lit up with understanding. It was always rewarding.
Productive and enjoyable workplace that has greatly added to my personal growth
Community Health and Wellness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORJune 20, 2012
I have greatly enjoyed working at Mount Hood Community College as both an instructor and a student. I enjoy working with very talented and dedicated people who are hard-working, supportive, and caring individuals. The hardest part of my job is not having the resources to help every student as well as I'd like. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have made a difference in someone else's life.
Pros
tuition fee waiver for family
Cons
affordable healthcare
Excellent professional and work with multi-ethnic growth opportunities
English Language Career Development Instructor (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORNovember 3, 2012
Excellent opportunity to grow professionally and with a network of professional support and peer colleagues. Multi-ethnically diverse student population(s) offer tremendous opportunities to work with multi-ethnic students, and build relationships with international community.
The most difficult part of the job is the economic challenges of part-time status.
Pros
tuition waver for part time personnel, health insurance
Cons
class sections limited at this time
An exemplar in efficient and quality training
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJuly 15, 2013
Mt Hood Community College prepared me to meet the clinical setting in a manner which utilized critical thinking and the Nursing process. My experience with the school was a rewarding one in which I was challenged mentally and physically in order to prepare me to be a health care professional. My time spent in theory, lab and the clinical setting helped me to realize my potential to become a compassionate and competent graduate nurse.
Pros
Exceptional training curriculum
Cons
Nursing school was the ultimate dictator of my life for 2 years.
Educational, flexible and rewarding.
Clerk-Typist (Former Employee) –  Gresham ORApril 28, 2013
The flexibility of College Work Study (CWS) allows students to attend classes and obtain skills for the work environment. My experience in the Job Placement/Financial Aid offices along with working in the Child Development Center not only included income, but developed hands on experience in the work field.
Pros
flexibility, provided income, hospitable environment, provided experience
Cons
short term
office work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJanuary 19, 2014
I worked as front desk information. Perform receptionist and general office duties; screens visitors and answers telephone inquiries, helps identify their needs. Assists by providing information or making referrals to most appropriate personnel or service. Performs clerical work. Help in the computer lab; run errands.

I do multi task and work with changing priorities and deadlines; good oral and written communication skills and excellent customer service skills including working with diverse populations; and working independently.

I learned that:
Answering Phone/Provide Information to callers.
Providing Information to Campus Guests.
assist Visitors using facilities.
General Office Help and Errands.

It was easy job, and the most enjoyable part of it is helping students and go excellent customer service.
Great place to work for; limited benefits though and not enough hours.
CRLA Level II College ESL/Writing Teacher/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORSeptember 8, 2014
Always loved helping others in any way I could. That and the students, plus my employers were a pleasure to work with. I wouldn't trade it in for the world!
Pros
Helping make a difference in the lives of others!
Cons
Benefits & Pay
Fun environment for a all ages, great learning setting.
Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORMay 16, 2012
Positive place to work. Enjoyed all the other staff. Worked as a team player.
Pros
headstart program on site
Cons
not enough hours
i recommend the work to all students
Weld Shop Lab. Assistant, Shop (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORDecember 29, 2012
a good place to work...earn some $$$ and be a part of the team...
Pros
tohelp you move fowerd in your career
Cons
i did not find any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Hood Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7