Mount Ida College Employee Reviews

Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 7, 2017
I absolutely loved working in the financial aid office at Mount Ida College. I learned so much in such a short period of time. The people in the office were always able to help and explain anything.
Pros
GREAT team, super helpful
Cons
N/a
Great school
Licensed official (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 20, 2017
Mount Ida provides many choices for students to prepare for various career paths. Qualified professionals do their best to provide the students with the need skills to be successful.
Pros
Great campus
Cons
Communication with in the departments could be better
Productive & Fun Atmosphere
Media Services/ IT Help-Desk (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 18, 2017
I absolutely loved my time there. As it is a smaller college it can be very slow in the summer but pick-up in the fall & spring semesters. Beautiful campus & even more beautiful people. Truly appreciative & blessed to have worked there & couldn't ask for a better support system.

There comes a point in life where you want to prove to yourself you have what it takes to push forward & begin anew. Being that I am heavily involved in the arts I felt it was in my best interest to move on & challenge myself in new & exciting ways!
Pros
Lunch, Relaxed Atmosphere, Amazing People, Beautiful work ethics, Everyone worked as 1 unit!
Cons
No room for advancement on such a short team.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 12, 2017
The people that I worked with were really friendly and I enjoyed going to work everyday. I learned most of my social media skills at this place since I was the assistant to the director of digital marketing.
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
healthcare
intern at school
Intern (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 26, 2017
This was part of one of my classes back in my sophomore year of college. I worked for my coach and handled a lot of the behind the scenes stuff on the computer
Productive and Well Organized
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 20, 2017
It was a great experience to work for the admissions department. Every member of the team was productive and friendly, but most importantly, genuinely cared about the students and their families.
Great Community
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 16, 2017
I am a student here at the college and this year was my first year as a Resident Assistant and it was a great experience. It is time consuming but it is worth it at the end of the day.
Pros
Single room and money off room and board
Cons
time consuming
Lots of Work, Bias Work environment
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 6, 2017
Terrific starting opportunity, however work load for one person was too much most of the time, didnt respond to my needs. Very demanding and has short deadlines.
Pros
Design however and whatever you like
Cons
Lots of work and no one to support or help
It has been a long time
Director of Counseling Services (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 21, 2017
I worked at Mount Ida College over a decade ago, so my experience is probably not especially valuable. I liked my colleagues and the distance between the Health and Counseling Center and the College was helpful both metaphorically and in terms of actual, physical distance that enabled the medical and mental health providers to remain apart from the political dynamics.
Pros
free lunch, lots of accessible parking
Cons
somewhat marginal college enrolls students of dubious academic preparation
My Review of Mount Ida College
Mailroom Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Business Services - MailroomMarch 21, 2017
After fifteen years of service I can say "wow" it has been an incredible journey of career learning. I'm truly grateful for all I've learned at Mount Ida College and for of my colleagues who encouraged and taught me so much.

Mount Ida College is on the fast track of growth and I have seen the college grow leaps and bounds since I began in the Spring of 2002

I look forward to seeing the college grow beyond in potential and reach it's many goals in the future

Want to know more about Mount Ida College?

Ask a question
great place
Design Building Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 21, 2017
I love my WORK STUDY job on campus. I dont know why I have to write this because you have to attend Mount Ida College to even be able to have this job.
Quick Snippet
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 14, 2017
A typical day as an Administrative Assistant at Mount Ida varies from one department to the next. In my role as an A.A to the Dean of Curriculum & Academic Quality it was important to be an effective liaison, who could easily juggle several projects. Within a short amount of time, it will become clear if you will excel in this position. Impeccable communication skills, the ability to stay organized and collaborate effectively with all sorts of employees will be paramount to your success.
I recommend working at Mount Ida. The institution's goals and values align with their overall mission. You will have the chance to work with many types of people from various departments that will challenge and inspire you, as your supervisor is concerned with your professional and personal growth. Mount Ida's workplace culture is one to be aspired to.
Low pay, bad management, lack of diversity
Staff (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 13, 2017
The most enjoyable part is working with students and remembering what we are all here for. Definitely need a second job to stay above water, the pay is inexplicably sub par.
Pros
$3 meals at the cafeteria
Cons
extremely low pay
Productive and professional workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJanuary 5, 2017
A typical weekend schedule is busy enough to keep you on your feet but the cashier and other positions were easy to learn.
Pros
Benefits towards the college if attending
Cons
small pay raises yearly
Fun workplace
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 25, 2016
• Requested student’s ID prior to giving out equipment
• Ensured that the equipment would get returned
• Kept the area neat and organized
Fun Summer employment with Benifits
Fashion Department Director's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 18, 2016
It was a good summer, there was always work to do and I had the freedom to do very useful things beyond what was assigned. If you give me a job im going to do it. Just settling for repetative tasks wont do. Ill go get the cow and milk it... lets not waste time or money
Pros
Free room and board, flexible hours
Cons
sometimes no one to talk to
Loved
Student Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 9, 2015
Excellent place to work and expand in career. Great atmosphere. Recommend anyone to study and work at Mount Ida College.
Mount Ida College
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 5, 2015
Great place to work- small private college which means the funds are not the best (compensation is usually low) but they make up for it was lots of vacation/personal time and flexible schedule! Everyone is so nice and wonderful to work with
Benefits
Cons
monetary compensation below market
It was ok
Academic Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 22, 2015
A nice place to be when you are between jobs but no room for advancement. Like many small colleges in recent years, Mount Ida does not have a clear picture on where it sees itself going. Not a bad place to work by any means but great either. Co-workers would great.
Pros
Free Lunch, Good work/life balance
Cons
Totally disorganized, Antiquated systems, Faculty were rude and egotiscal
school job
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 10, 2014
just a school job i just sat there for a few hours making sure people signed in