Mount Ida College

Mount Ida College Employer Reviews

Work at Mount Ida
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Newton, MAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: fun staff
Cons: red tape
My coworkers were great to work with. The tough thing was working for a college whose mission and values didn't always line up with our department. We were promised things that never materialized (like renovations to our office, etc) and the budget department was known to go back on its initial word.

The students were great to work with though and – more... overall it was a good experience working here. – less
data entry
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Newton, MAJuly 2, 2013
Pros: easy job
i had a school job it was simple data entry, had a nice boss.There isn't much to say about my job, i could work whenever i was available,decent pay,and a quiet working environment.
Mount Ida College review
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Newton, MAMay 18, 2013
Slow all day was typical day at work.I learned how to manage books and store files. My co-workers where funny and interesting talk to. The hardest part of the job was shelving books. The most enjoyable part of the job was to read lot of books.
Great place to work family atmosphere
Offensive Line Coach (Current Employee), Newton, MAApril 5, 2013
Pros: meal plan
Cons: low pay
Love working here. Money could be better but the people are amazing. Everyone truly cares about every student here.
Great people, Enjoyable and Productive.
Research Assistant/Print Shop Director (Current Employee), Newton, MAMarch 15, 2013
Great experience, enjoyed my co-workers.
fun productive job working with students and professors.
Great Experience
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Newton, MAJanuary 4, 2013
I worked at the college for a work study, two different jobs and they were fun and in one I learned a lot.
a great institution where you can go from potential to achievement.
Balfour Peer Leader (Current Employee), Multicultural affairsSeptember 13, 2012
A great place to build and network.a great institution where you can go from potential to achievement
Mail room Assistant
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee), Newton, MAJuly 26, 2012
A typical work day would be going downtown to the post office to pick up new mail that has come over night. After picking up the mail it would have to be sorted after the mail is sorted it will be placed in the student’s mail boxes. If we have factuality’s mail, we will be delivered to their office around the campuses. I learned how to use Microsoft – more... office word, and excel. I also learned how to use the scanner to scan packages in order to log our inventory, of the packages. My co-workers where other students of the college we got along inside and outside of work. The hardest thing when working would be scanning the packages and getting them out as fast as possible while making sure that the customers got the customer service they needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working for a great boss everyday was enjoyable to work. – less
Sales Associate/Key Holder
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Newton, MAJune 12, 2012
Pros: gaining some manangement experience
Cons: not within a related biotech field
• Assisted students both socially and academically to help them develop to their full potential as a student and member of the community.
• Respond quickly and appropriately to any arising situations.
• Successfully mediated conflicts among students.
• Completed a leadership training program.
Learning Experience, meet new people and fun
Library Assistant (Current Employee), 777 Dedham st, Neewton MA 02459May 11, 2012
I get to meet new people on a day to day basis, and with that comes learning new things. I am able to answer students and profesor questions on Microsoft word and other Databases. I've been here for 3 years now and it never gets boring. Management is great, they are understanding and very willing to teach techniques and many more. I would say that their – more... is not any hard part of this job, everything is something you can find a way to fix with the write coworkers around or alone. – less
Absolutely best place I've ever worked
Mailroom Supervisor (Current Employee), Newton, MAJanuary 20, 2012
Pros: great helath insurance and vacation
The work experience and training I received was amazing
I was able to volunteer for many departments including the Alumni Office and the athletic department