Mount Kisco Medical Group

Mount Kisco Medical Group Employee Reviews

great place to work
front desk (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYFebruary 24, 2015
worked front desk for the lab and handled a high volume of patients..was a very pleasent place to work and the staff was pleasent, Loved working with patients on a daily basis.
Well Established Workplace
Accounting Department Internship (Former Employee), Chappaqua, NyFebruary 11, 2015
A typical day was always high demanding, there were many new projects every day in an attempt to allow the company more financial stability. My knowledge of Accounting in terms of day to day work as well as more advance accounting. My Microsoft office skills sharpened significantly. Working in this department, sharpen my attention to detail. Management is straight forward, They expect a task to be done with a given time period in an efficient manner. Co-workers are kind and efficient as well. Adapting into this job in the beginning of my employment was difficult but my colleagues quickly helped as i adjusted and became part of the team.
Reconciliation Clerk/Accounts Receivable (Current Employee), Chappaqua, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: two 15 minutes breaks
Good Productive work business office. offered training in new systems. co -workers are great staff to with.
I suggest anyone to work for them.
Former Lab Tech
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: one hour lunch breaks
Cons: management, co-workers, health insurance, hours
Management was extremely bias and unprofessional. Co-workers act like high school students with workplace cliques. Anyone new to the lab should prepare to be talked about when they leave the room; management involved heavily in unprofessional behavior! No bonus, no tuition, reimbursement, and HORRIBLE health insurance! No dental coverage first year of employment. Horrible place to work, RUN!!
fast paced
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Mt. Kisco, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: commute
Very busy. Worked 8:30-5:30. Loved my co-workers and manager. Only reason I left was because of the commute.
Fast Paced, multi disciplinary medical group
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Katonah, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: many office locations
Cons: extremely long days
I sharpened my skills of multitasking, critical thinking, and dealing with high expectations at this very busy medical practice.
day
Insurance Team Lead (Current Employee), Chappaqua, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: stable, decent benefits and salary
Cons: micro management, could be run better
I currently work on spreadsheets for different denials that I receive and appeal and follow up to get them paid. MKMG can do a better job before the claims go out to avoid most of these denials.
This is exceptioanl place to work
Practice Support/Pre-Authorization Specialist (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYDecember 23, 2014
Pros: employee recogition days
Cons: there are no cons
Ability to advance in the medical field. Mount Kisco Medical group has an open door policy to speak to any admin.
Double standard money making corporation.
patient assistance (Former Employee), Mount Kisco NYDecember 8, 2014
Cons: management stinks, they need a union or else staff will always be treated like dirt
MKMG. Used to be such a great medical facility. As they progress to take on more and more doctor's. They staff gets overwhelmed, less pay, no bonuses and treated like dirt. They are manipulated by management that needs to be retrained because they are not educated enough in personality. They wonder why staff is not happy, because all Mkmg does is manipulate their staff. They don't care about them and make them feel like they are doing a good job, it's all about the money. That's all they care about. The only ones that get paid well are management and the doctors. It's like a sweat shop. They ridicule their staff and try and make them feel insecure. They want robots. I would never recommend anyone to work here. And i am sure I would not recommend a doctor here.
A good work environment full of many career possibilities.
Pediatrics Practice Assistant (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYSeptember 10, 2014
My Manager is a great person, great work environment and a good career starter. I enjoy working with children.
Racist
RN (Former Employee), Carmel, NYAugust 20, 2014
Cons: racist
The title says it all. If you are not in a high socioeconomic class or a certain race you will not be accepted, they will talk behind your back, are two-faced, and will do their best to get you fired because they can't fire you for your skill.
Great coworkers, amazing job
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYJuly 20, 2014
I scheduled surgeries, met with patients, assisted doctors, organized insurance. It was a great learning experience. I worked in many different departments but mostly OB/GYN and Orthopedics. My coworkers were amazing! They were very welcoming and caring. They made work more enjoyable.
Workplace is fast paced yet friendly
LPN (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYMarch 11, 2014
Environment is very fast paced but friendly. Focus is on patient care. Day is spent communicating with the patient and addressing their needs. You learn to assess over the phone and triage based of the slightest amount of information and determine urgency based off of clinical symptoms and your knowledge of prioritizing. Management isn't at all interested in the needs of the staff and the hardest part was being an advocate for the patient with no voice. You are inundated with work and are expected to complete it. There is not much flexibility with your schedule and the hours are long. Complaints from staff go unnoticed. The best part is the office environment and working one on one with the MD.
Fun co-workers but poorly managed.
Part-Time recovery room & endoscopy nurse (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYNovember 11, 2013
I learned a lot there but some doctors favor certain staff members and treat other staff poorly. Most of my co-workers were fun and helpful. However, the hours are long with a very short lunch break and management is disorganized and not understanding if you have a family.
unprofessional co workers,long hours
lab (Former Employee), mount kiscoNovember 8, 2013
Pros: heathcare, compensation
Cons: unprofessional co worker(bully) long hours
too much work and long hours.management is very stiff not good when you have family because it will take your hours.its not family friendy .
Ophthalmic/Medical Asst (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYJuly 4, 2013
Pros: health care, breaks, team work
Cons: computer system, long days
With this company I advanced from a scheduler to a medical assistant. My coworkers were helpful and pleasant to be around. Management was fair and very skilled. My typical day was helping the doctor assist the patients and give them the quality care they deserved. All computer data was inputted by me into the computer. I loved the interaction with the patients. The hardest part was keeping the doctor on time.
Location of the position is changing to much further away.
Medical Scheduler for Centralized Scheduling (Current Employee), Brewster, NYMay 14, 2013
Pros: knowing which doctors treat certain kinds of aliments.
Cons: running short staffed.
MKMG is an extremely busy practice, and more often than not, we run short staffed. I have learned to increase my multi tasking skills and listen carefully and compassionately to patients needs. The most difficult part of the job is not being able to resolve issues with clinical staff/patients needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people, listening compassionately, and offering support to people who are suffering and frustrated.
Decent steady job
RN (Former Employee), Carmel, NYDecember 21, 2012
Pros: 4 weeks pto after 3 years
Cons: no option for advancement.
Good job with competitive wages. Wonderful co-workers. Predictable schedules. Large group...needs more human resources/ magament staff.
stable position
Practice Support (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYNovember 17, 2012
Pros: health benefit contribution, vacations, job stability
Cons: very stressful, management, long hours
A typical day at work is very challenging from checking over 40 people a day which requires a detailed gathering of demographics and insurance information applying to patient and making appointments for those patients. There is a lot to remember in this position regarding insurance and procedures. If a mistake is made it can really effect the patients financial and health. Unfortunately I have only been there for 2 months and I have not found this organization meeting my needs for employment. Hardest part of this position is the lack of team work from staff members to help the patients, the most enjoyable part is seeing all of the newborns.
Great place to work.
Patient Assistance Rep (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYAugust 24, 2012
Working at Mount Kisco Medical Group was indeed a pleasure. My co-workers were great people to work with as well as my supervisors and managers.