Mount Kisco Medical Group Employee Reviews

as a nurse
Endoscopy Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Fishkill,Poughkeepse, Kingston, NYAugust 11, 2015
Typical day starts with getting to work and at work setting up the procedure rooms for Dr, Patient and for the RN. Based on the position that I'm assigned either assisting the Dr during the procedure – more... or providing pre and post operatory care to the Patients. At the end of the day making sure all the documentation and charting is properly done.
I learned how to assist Dr during endoscopy procedures and be able to provide the help when they need.
As managing in my job I Assign the stuff to the right task that need to be completed , provide additional directions to stuff members as required I'm open to question as needed and I don't mind to fulfill the leadership role.
My coworkers, My job require a team work and be able to go through all the stages smoothly, I'm able to rely, depend on and trust them also.
My hardest part of job is, Some times working with different people can be challenging but I can steel get along in professional manner and to be able to use other people strengths and talents.
Most enjoyable part of my job is when I'm able to provide care, assistance and help to those in need. – less
excellent work environment
ANALYST/INSURANCE CLAIMS COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYJune 17, 2015
Pros: benefits are great, flexibility
Cons: no cons that i can think of working here has been a great experience
Great atmosphere, an excellent work environment with strong leadership, co-workers are teamplayers overall great place to work
fast paced
Medical Assistant (Podiatry) (Former Employee), Mahopac, NYJune 11, 2015
very fast paced environment with room to grow, great pay to start and benefits but VERY long hours!!!!!! full time employees have an hour lunch and two 15min brakes (really depends on department) since its very fast paced, it was harder to take breaks.
great company
Medical Billing/ Payment Poster (Current Employee), Chappaqua, NYJune 5, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation luncheon
Cons: no complaints from me
love working in medical billing, unfortunately 109 people had to be laid off. MKMG treats everyone with respect and professonalism. They really care about their employees and patients.Customer service is very important to them and also to me.
learned a lot
Blue Cross & Blue Shield Insurance Leader (Former Employee), Chappaqua Crossings in Chappaqua NYJune 3, 2015
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: strict dress code
Busy work day of phone calls, follow up, payment posting etc. I learned how to work on different billing systems and how to prioritize what I'm working on. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and worked – more... well with them. The hardest part of my job, was priorities changed constantly making it difficult to complete some tasks.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with. They made my job that much more enjoyable. – less
Worst Management
Central Scheduling (Current Employee), Fishkill, NYApril 10, 2015
Cons: healthcare, no good benefits
Mount Kisco Medical group is very disorganized. Every day is something new, never constant and no one to take responsibility.
great place to work
front desk (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYFebruary 24, 2015
worked front desk for the lab and handled a high volume of patients..was a very pleasent place to work and the staff was pleasent, Loved working with patients on a daily basis.
Well Established Workplace
Accounting Department Internship (Former Employee), Chappaqua, NyFebruary 11, 2015
A typical day was always high demanding, there were many new projects every day in an attempt to allow the company more financial stability. My knowledge of Accounting in terms of day to day work as well – more... as more advance accounting. My Microsoft office skills sharpened significantly. Working in this department, sharpen my attention to detail. Management is straight forward, They expect a task to be done with a given time period in an efficient manner. Co-workers are kind and efficient as well. Adapting into this job in the beginning of my employment was difficult but my colleagues quickly helped as i adjusted and became part of the team. – less
Reconciliation Clerk/Accounts Receivable (Current Employee), Chappaqua, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: two 15 minutes breaks
Good Productive work business office. offered training in new systems. co -workers are great staff to with.
I suggest anyone to work for them.
Former Lab Tech
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: one hour lunch breaks
Cons: management, co-workers, health insurance, hours
Management was extremely bias and unprofessional. Co-workers act like high school students with workplace cliques. Anyone new to the lab should prepare to be talked about when they leave the room; management involved heavily in unprofessional behavior! No bonus, no tuition, reimbursement, and HORRIBLE health insurance! No dental coverage first year of employment. Horrible place to work, RUN!!
fast paced
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Mt. Kisco, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: commute
Very busy. Worked 8:30-5:30. Loved my co-workers and manager. Only reason I left was because of the commute.
Fast Paced, multi disciplinary medical group
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Katonah, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: many office locations
Cons: extremely long days
I sharpened my skills of multitasking, critical thinking, and dealing with high expectations at this very busy medical practice.
day
Insurance Team Lead (Current Employee), Chappaqua, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: stable, decent benefits and salary
Cons: micro management, could be run better
I currently work on spreadsheets for different denials that I receive and appeal and follow up to get them paid. MKMG can do a better job before the claims go out to avoid most of these denials.
This is exceptioanl place to work
Practice Support/Pre-Authorization Specialist (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYDecember 23, 2014
Pros: employee recogition days
Cons: there are no cons
Ability to advance in the medical field. Mount Kisco Medical group has an open door policy to speak to any admin.
Double standard money making corporation.
patient assistance (Former Employee), Mount Kisco NYDecember 8, 2014
Cons: management stinks, they need a union or else staff will always be treated like dirt
MKMG. Used to be such a great medical facility. As they progress to take on more and more doctor's. They staff gets overwhelmed, less pay, no bonuses and treated like dirt. They are manipulated by management – more... that needs to be retrained because they are not educated enough in personality. They wonder why staff is not happy, because all Mkmg does is manipulate their staff. They don't care about them and make them feel like they are doing a good job, it's all about the money. That's all they care about. The only ones that get paid well are management and the doctors. It's like a sweat shop. They ridicule their staff and try and make them feel insecure. They want robots. I would never recommend anyone to work here. And i am sure I would not recommend a doctor here. – less
A good work environment full of many career possibilities.
Pediatrics Practice Assistant (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYSeptember 10, 2014
My Manager is a great person, great work environment and a good career starter. I enjoy working with children.
Racist
RN (Former Employee), Carmel, NYAugust 20, 2014
Cons: racist
The title says it all. If you are not in a high socioeconomic class or a certain race you will not be accepted, they will talk behind your back, are two-faced, and will do their best to get you fired because they can't fire you for your skill.
Great coworkers, amazing job
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYJuly 20, 2014
I scheduled surgeries, met with patients, assisted doctors, organized insurance. It was a great learning experience. I worked in many different departments but mostly OB/GYN and Orthopedics. My coworkers were amazing! They were very welcoming and caring. They made work more enjoyable.
Workplace is fast paced yet friendly
LPN (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYMarch 11, 2014
Environment is very fast paced but friendly. Focus is on patient care. Day is spent communicating with the patient and addressing their needs. You learn to assess over the phone and triage based of the – more... slightest amount of information and determine urgency based off of clinical symptoms and your knowledge of prioritizing. Management isn't at all interested in the needs of the staff and the hardest part was being an advocate for the patient with no voice. You are inundated with work and are expected to complete it. There is not much flexibility with your schedule and the hours are long. Complaints from staff go unnoticed. The best part is the office environment and working one on one with the MD. – less
Fun co-workers but poorly managed.
Part-Time recovery room & endoscopy nurse (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYNovember 11, 2013
I learned a lot there but some doctors favor certain staff members and treat other staff poorly. Most of my co-workers were fun and helpful. However, the hours are long with a very short lunch break and management is disorganized and not understanding if you have a family.