Mount Kisco Medical Group Employee Reviews

Fun Paced Learning Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYOctober 2, 2017
I started in this company as clerical and left out as a Medical Assistant Floater. It was by far the best experience Ive gained. I wasn't even done with my courses as a Medical Assistant when my boss, who was the Nursing Supervisor, took me under her wing and trained me herself. I floated with over 8 doctors in surgical specialties. I was nervous at first but then it was the best thing Ive ever done. Felt like school was paying off.
Great experience
Biller/Reconciliation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Great place to work if you are serious about caring for the community and members in need. Benefits were really great but was sometimes considered a revolving door.
Mount Kisco Medical Group
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYAugust 7, 2017
Working for MKMG was challenging, but fulfilling. It is now under new management by CareMount Medical. I have heard great things from current employees.
poor mamagement
Radiology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJuly 18, 2017
I felt that management was poor. Certain issues were brought to their attention and never dealt with. I went through extensive training to end up working with someone who wouldn't let me do things or learn more. Patients were regularly complaining about how difficult the phone system was, to reach the correct department and person that could actually help. I got along great with all the Radiologist and most of the staff.
benefits
Cons
mamagement
Great for a first job
Patient Accounts Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJune 27, 2017
Now known as "Care Mount Medical". Awful experience, they outsourced the entire billing office, the CEO did not care to even show his face to all the people he did this to, and caused a lot of reoccurring issues for the few they kept. Individual employee recognition needs improvement. The hardest part of the job was taking patient verbal abuse and unreasonable complaints. Have to have thick skin for this job. Workload never ends and no advancement. HR and IT dept are great. Billing manager is wonderful.
Pros
Great for first job
Work culture
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 2, 2017
Leadership seems fair in handling clinician conundrum. However, they can maybe invest a little more on staff clinical development and honing talents. Staff becomes family.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
long hours without compensation
Pleasant Atmosphere.
Customer Service Representative for Call Center (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYApril 20, 2017
A typical day at work provides a sense of satisfaction and, sometimes frustration. I learned a lot about medical billing and, most important, how to get along with people. Management can be a little difficult to deal with at times but I think that comes with every job. The hardest part of the job is trying to figure out solutions to problems to which there is none. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing a patient say how grateful say how grateful he/she is for your help.
Fun place to work
Credentialing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chappaqua, NYApril 6, 2017
MKMG gave me an oppurtunity to work in their office and it was a good experience. Co workers were nice people and the office had a good feel. I got to experience office environment for the first time and it gave me an idea for what it was like to work in an office with others.
Not a bad place for dedicated or hard workers.
Temp Lab Phelebotomist (Former Employee) –  The Out patient Lab at Mt, KiscoMarch 24, 2017
I worked at Mt. Kisco Medical Center in Mt. Kisco NY. I worked there for for almost a year on one occasion and over the summer for another occasion. Its a commute there but it is relaxing. I found it to be a easy place to work as I am from NYC the bronx to be exact. The patient flow was on the heavy side on some days, but over all it wasn't that bad of a experience. They gave 1 whole hour for lunch and also a few daily breaks. Most of the Coworkers where friendly whether they were temps or permanent. And I experienced none of the things that other people mentioned in their reviews except a heavy load of patients. My shift was early and about at least a full 8 hrs daily no weekends. Also I found the grounds to be relaxing and very scenic when enjoying my breaks.

Depending on your likes and dislikes I found it no worse than other places I have worked also the salary was at the high end for the type of work I was doing.

I wish all well on their journey through employment.
Pros
Depends on you and your preferences. I also enjoyed the lake and landscaping.
Cons
Cons will be opposite your pros. Also some are more driven than others.
I enjoyed the job and my work family
Surgical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Brewster, NYFebruary 14, 2017
I worked for MKMG for 10 years. There is definitely room to grow and for the most part everyone was kind professional and became my work family. I worked in the Brewster NY location.
Exceptional staff
RN (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYDecember 28, 2016
I initially spent three years at MKMG right out of college. The staff is amazing, I had only positive experiences with all of the physicians. The management always had our back. It was by far my favorite company to work for, to date. The hardest part of working at MKMG is the volume of patients the practice sees in a day. It is incredibly busy, non-stop. I often had to stay after hours to finish paperwork or return phone calls. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with my coworkers, who were all caring, funny, and respectful professionals.
Pros
Great team, fast paced work environment
Cons
Not the greatest health plan
Awful place t work
Charge Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  chappaquaAugust 20, 2016
Poor management. HR does not support employees.

Poorly run company with a poor work environment.

Management has no respect for the employees
Dont walk, RUN
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYMay 30, 2016
Doctors are mean and temperamental.
Management does not support you.
Lack of leadership.
Favoritism is obvious.
Mandatory weekends.
Waste of time. Keep looking elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
too many to count
It was a professional family
Molecular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYMay 23, 2016
Everyone in the work environment was very productive and focus. My co-workers were very respectful and fun. I enjoyed to go into work everyday because of the well balance professional and friendly environment. Hardest part of the job was in my personal profession when it came to having to find the source of contaminated DNA.
Pros
co-workers, type of job
Cons
not a lot of working space
Horrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYMay 15, 2016
Long hours. Mandatory Saturdays with no days off. Mandatory late evenings. Half days that's promised for covering late evenings or Saturdays not guaranteed. Poor management. No team work. Favoritism. Staff scheduled for inservice during lunch period. No job security. Health insurance very expensive.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Long hours, staff burnt out, expensive health insurance, poor management
horrible
Contact Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Mt. Kisco, NYMay 10, 2016
Caremount is horrible place to work for. Their managers and thier administration do not stand by their employees. They treat not only their patients but their employees like they are cattle. They overwork you and mangers are constantly degrading you and telling you to work harder nd move faster. They never compliment you or appreciate your hard work. I was a dedicated worker for many years that worked and was very reliable. Once you reach a certain salary they pick on you and look for things to get you fired so they can hire someone to do your job at a cheaper rate. Don't waste your time with this company they are a bunch slave driving non appreciated people.
Pros
Cons
management qnd administration is horrible
Non-employee friendly, terrible work atmosphere
LPN (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYMarch 5, 2016
This place is the worst. They are not employee friendly nor patient friendly. This compay is about big business not about delivering quality healthcare to the pts. There are some great doctors, but they are stifled by policy and procedure and not allowed to practice freely. They do pay well but I suspect thats because the turnover is so great, no one stays very long.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Everything else!
Not a great place to work...
Phone Operator/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NYDecember 6, 2015
MKMG has grown far too much and the management has gone completely out of control. Supervisors are often hard to reach and unhelpful with no room for advancement. No discounts on doctor's visits or anything, either.
Cons
bad management
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse- Pain Management (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYNovember 30, 2015
Very professional staff and a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed going to work everyday. The staff are always courteous, respectful and pleasant and the physicians are the best.
Hi volume busy medical practice
RN (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYOctober 11, 2015
High volume medical practice, with long hours. Very good MD's to work for but high call volumes and excess of patients. Stressful environment at times. Want more with less.