The MMCS teacher must be a born-again Christian who is dedicated to developing the spiritual, academic, physical, and emotional growth of young students through planning, development, implementation, and modeling.
The teacher must be certified by the State of Pennsylvania with a PA Certification or License. The teacher shall have an education degree (BA or BS) awarded by an accredited college or university. The teacher must provide authentic documentation demonstrating clearances and reference and/or background checks.
1. Submit emergency lesson plans to be kept in office.
2. Submit weekly lesson plans to office no later than 9:00 a.m. on Monday morning. Include detailed instructions in core areas (reading, math, Bible, language & spelling, health, history, science) such as page numbers, problems to be worked, page numbers in teacher editions, etc.
3. Rotate into all duty areas, including bus duty, pick-up duty, recess, and lunch duty. Also lead faculty devotionals on a regular basis.
4. Help to prepare students to participate in yearly Christmas and Easter programs.
5. Prepare students for and administer yearly standardized tests (ITBS), adhering to all administration procedures and standards.
6. Keep concise records of attendance and grades in all subject areas. Prepare progress reports and report cards in a timely manner, keeping to academic calendar.
7. Schedule formal parent-teacher conferences after 1st and 3rd quarters. Schedule informal conferences as needed. Keep a daily log of behavior and/or academic problems.
8. Participate in all staff meetings, in-service, conferences, evening programs, PTF meetings, etc.
9. Keep certifications and clearances valid and up-to-date.
10. Establish and enforce a classroom discipline management plan which is Christ-centered and stresses self-discipline and respect for people and property.
11. Any other duties as needed and authorized by the Board of Directors or Administrator.