Mount Olive College Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
House Cleaning
Asst (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCSeptember 29, 2015
A new president came on board 6 years ago and started to update practices and beliefs. The transition has been difficult for business school faculty who have gone through 3 deans in 5 years and some radical changes. There is no tenure here and faculty can be let go for almost any reason.
Pros
Small quiet campus, low pressure
Cons
Multiple formats for teaching (16 week tradional, 5 week compressed courses, online, and 7 week grad classes make scheduling and workload management a nightmare
Inspiring
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 6, 2012
-Typical day
Respond to emails, voicemails
Contact prospective students that have either inquired or applied
Prepare for appointments for the day
Appointments consist of getting to know the student and what it is they are interested in, and inform them about program information, class format, financial aid opportunities, possible military benefits, transcript evaluation, documents needed in order to register.
Ambassador with the Chamber of Commerce- attend ribbon cuttings, and other events representing the Chamber and MOC
Perform recruitment activities, which include going out and introducing myself to all the businesses in the community and sharing information about MOC
-What you learned
I have learned a great deal about marketing, and the internal structure of a college.
-Management
One director which manages two locations. Very little supervision.
-The hardest part of the job- working with a short staff but yet trying to make the registration process as smooth as possible for the students.
-The most enjoyable part of the job- getting to meet one on one with prospective students and getting to hear their personal stories of why they are choosing to work towards a degree as an adult learner, and watching them progress through the program and over coming all the obstacles they have in their life and reaching graduation. It truly is an amazing thing to be a part of.
A blessing in disguise...
Admissions Recruiter/Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 26, 2012
Mount Olive College is a small college but I have learned everything in higher education from the staff members at the school. Recruiting, assessment, financial aid and management.
Review
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCAugust 7, 2012
The management is very flexible and understanding of life's problems.
Clerk
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCMarch 12, 2014
You will have fun with the staff and still do work. I had fun and the town super nice LOVED it.
productive and I loved the environment an atmosphere of working with the nutse
Student (Former Employee) –  work study student for school nurseMarch 5, 2012
I learned alot about health issues working here an it helped me with my histology and biology classes
Pros
got money for school
Good!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCNovember 6, 2013
Great place to work! I only work part time. I enjoy working with early educators.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Olive College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3