mount royal towers Employee Reviews

Horrible Place to Work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 14, 2017
All I have to say is Mount Royal Tower needs to be shut down, I feel sorry for those residences. What I witnessed was disgusting and horrible. I never want to go back to that place. If you have family there, get them out while you can.
Pros
Loved the residences.
Cons
Pay sucks, management sucks, and if you want a decent paycheck, you have to work extreme amount of days and overtime
Working here is very stressful but if you not scared of hard work you can indure.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALOctober 3, 2017
Get ready to work and work hard. Mount Royal Towers probably have changed by now because I been gone for awhile but it's a ok work place. Make sure you be on them about your annually raise every year or you will be making the same for years.
Pros
You can get all the over time you like.
Cons
The employees did not get raise every year.
Not a good company to rely on for long term employment
CareGiver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 7, 2017
Great company to get skills and experience and move on. The lack of loyalty, appreciation , pay/ incentive and supportive management could use a major overhaul.
Pros
Valuable exposure to performimg medical procedures correctly/ incorrectly.
Cons
short or no brreaks, poor salary, no training, no benefits, no leadership
Dietary
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 21, 2017
This a stupid company to work for ! Real nasty attitudes and I've noticed it's mostly "my kind" work here which already let me know was up . HR talk to you nasty , and some of the management . They do under hand and I honseslty wished I never even took this job offer cause for 1 they treat my people like for 2 it's nasty and old building 3 monitor your pay cause they pull sneaky ish ! I honestly wouldn't recommend at all. I wouldn't even put a dam dog in this facility . Always making pleades about how to treat these wonderful senior citizen but they don't honor how they talk or treat us .
Cons
Mount Royal Towers is not a good place to work if you want to advance your career or are looking for any benefits.
Program Leader/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 25, 2017
This Company does not provide an opportunity for advancement, they do not give raises to employees. However, I learned that I love to work with elderly patients or residents, I enjoy making them happy. I feel that after working at Mount Royal Towers for two years I could work in any establishment and be a top employee.
Mount Royal Towers
Caregiver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 22, 2017
I started on the assisted living floor then went on down to the dementia unit. You had responsible workers but horrible management. Its better to know all your residents so you know their specific needs and management didn't do that and have harsh attitudes like the owner.
Cons
work hard little pay
Great work atmosphere
CNA (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALApril 3, 2017
Atmosphere is great but, on certain floors they have odors the place could be a little cleaner. Office help had bad attitudes . Not enough advancement.
Pros
Can get time off when you want, but without pay.
Cons
Takes forever to get a raise. Staring pay very low. Not 40 hour week.
Great learning experience
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 6, 2017
Great job and a great place to learn health are exppience. Learned a lot of different thong in the health care field. Great place to work just to get experience but mot to work as a long term job.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
Great place to be to start a profession in the medical feild
Program Leader/ Cargiver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 2, 2017
I've learned the concept of being a Med Tech Working in a nursing home is special in that you’ll be a member of the care team collectively taking care of your residents. And because these are long-term care residents, you’ll get to know them and their conditions much better than in other types of nursing positions. Everyone works together to provide the best care for the residents.

You’ll play an important role in an interdisciplinary team, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, social work, case management and more. Together you’ll work on forming beneficial care plans for your patients
Staffing Coordinator with a medical background
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALNovember 5, 2016
Communicated the duties, compensation, benefits and working conditions to all potential candidates. Selected and interviewed candidates for all available positions. Maintained all confidential personnel files, licensing and CPR compliance records. Organized caregivers, CNAs, and LPNs schedules. Reviewed and approved time cards for processing by payroll department.

Want to know more about mount royal towers?

Ask a question
Good work place
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 16, 2016
A Good work enviorment nice benefits nice management. Working with Residence that have disabilities examples.. Can't walk ,poor vision issues, dementia , and more can be a good a task but if you have patience ,understanding that a person with these disabilities really need the help to countinue there daily activities and don't take the frustration in them to personal because these individuals at times really appreciate the help that's given to them and that what make the employers more happier and can not wait to help again to keep those appreciation comments coming.
Pros
No muuch of those be honest.
Cons
Some
Good pay scale with benefits
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 19, 2016
Medication administration, wound care, various treatments, medical documentation,and communication with physician. Management is flexible and fair. Wonderful co-workers that promote continuum of client care.
Pros
benifits package, pay rate
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
Disorganized
House Supervisor/Staff Educator (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALJuly 13, 2015
Poor Benefits. There were few off days. People would work 3 months then quit. Most never gave a resignation. Just did not come back.
Pros
You could work as much as you wanted. They always needed help.
Cons
No breaks, no off time.
Mount Royal
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 15, 2015
I enjoyed working at Mount Royal because of my residents. I did not enjoy the low pay rate because as a caregiver we did majority of the work but the kitchen and housekeeping employees were paid a lot more. Also, when I was there management for the caregivers really sucked.
Pros
Being able to help people out when they need you.
Cons
Management and minimum wage pay
Lot's of overtime
LPN ALF/SCALF (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AlabamaMay 25, 2015
allowed to get as much overtime as one want. the residents there are loving caring and kind. You really get to know them on a personal level.
Terrible Place to work - run don't walk away
Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Vestavia HillsFebruary 3, 2015
Management is unscrupulous, they only do what is right for the residents when they have a state inspector show up; otherwise, they ignore the residents in all areas other than the independent care area. Management will lie to employees making promises they never intend to fulfill. Will not reimburse the employee for mileage for company errands. Staff is overworked and under-payed. My first week on the job (and I only stayed two weeks) all I heard up and down the halls was the employees stating to each other how "they hated this F*&^*ing place." I now know why
Pros
Cons
everything
Good place to start
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 6, 2014
Mount Royal was a good place to work since I was just starting out, the managers really helped teach you how to be a care giver.
worst facility in Birmingham
cna (Former Employee) –  skilledMarch 30, 2014
This is the worst facility I have ever had the displeasure of working for. The turn over rate is ridiculous due to how management speaks their employees. Don't even try to call off because you will be told to find your own replacement or it is a no call no show. No one works together and this place smells horrible due to no one changing the residents till the end of their shift, not always due to laziness but mostly because theirs no time. If the management believes that you might possibly have a chance to breath then you have too much time and will add something new for you to do. And don't even get me started on the mandatory extra shifts and never getting a raise. If your desperate than yeah go for it but please find something better before this place drains you and ultimately makes you wish that you would've never gotten into healthcare.
Pros
guaranteed over time (mandatory!!!)
Cons
Everything!
Good work Environment
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 30, 2013
Residents are wonderful. Beautiful facility. I enjoyed my time working there with my co- workers.
Pros
hours
Cons
salary
Rollercoaster Job
LPN/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 28, 2013
Mount Royal Towers is the job you use while trying to get where you trying to go. I see no long term security at this facility. They change your schedule whenever they want, without discussing it with the employees. I have seen them fire employees without notice nor reason. They do not give raises. They do not give shift differential. They are always under review from State because of multiple complaints. They care nothing about the employees welfare nor lifestyle. I was grateful for the job while I had it, but once I received an opportunity to leave I couldn't leave fast enough.
Pros
They pay the nurses ok
Cons
No raises, shift difference, nor secure job schedule.