Mount Saint Mary College Employee Reviews

not worth it
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJanuary 9, 2018
MSMC is not the place to work. Bad for your mental health. Would not recommend this place to anyone. Can't even begin where to start; the place is horrid. Tons of favoritism!
Pros
lots of paid time off
Cons
horrible supervisor
Fun Workplace
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYDecember 9, 2017
A typical day of work involved me helping a few students with finding books or researching topics they need for their assignment. It was very rewarding.
Pros
If there was no work to be done, you can complete school work.
Cons
Limited amount of hours.
School and work
Campus Ministry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYNovember 26, 2017
Mount Saint Mary College is a great liberal arts college with plenty of opportunities for students to learn and work. The take away from MSMC is simply to prepare its students for the real world.
Pros
Pay, Coworkers, Office
Cons
n/a
MSMC Bookstore
Campus Store Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYNovember 12, 2017
I loved my manager. She was fun and great to talk to. However, the upper management is awful and despite working there since my freshman year, I was still being paid minimum wage to run as an onsite manager and they cut my hours down horrendously because they couldn't afford to pay me the meager amount that they did.
Pros
location, flexible, good people to work with
Cons
poor pay, upper management is awful
Good working environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYOctober 3, 2017
The Mount is a nice place to work. Staff, faculty and students are all pleasant. Stress is minimal and only on occasion. Vacation, personal time, sick and holidays are good.
Exciting to teach students and watch them learn while helping with sick people
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYOctober 1, 2017
I love working for Mount Saint Mary College. The college has a wonderful atmosphere for learning, and growing. I feel honored to work with the future nurses of tomorrow. I work with them in the clinical setting at Orange Regional Medical Center, and help to develop clinical thinking while they experience caring for patients. On a weekly basis I experience teaching students their role in the nursing process. I love when the light bulb goes off and they seem to be able to grasp what I am trying to instill in them. The hardest part of the job is having too many ancillary students in one area. Because ORMC is a teaching hospital they are limited to how many students can be in one area at one time. ORMC has staff members that is welcoming to students and is a great atmosphere for learning.
The students get to perform various nursing skills while in the clinical setting. They face challenges weekly and must show improvement each week. I have the students get report from the nurses, perform assessments on patient, they use the computers, administer medications, and give a detailed report at the end of the day. I have learned over the past four years working with the students that they are visual learners. When they can get their hands on experience they really learn and after a few times
they perform well. Also they like being challenged, asked questions, and quizzed on the spot. For the most part they are nervous when challenged, but if they know it's all for education and learning they're more excited about being challenged.
The most exciting part of my job
  more... is seeing the new beginning junior student nurse come on the unit in the medical surgical clinical setting, and seeing the growth of how much they have learned when I have them in the critical care setting as seniors.  less
Pros
excitement and opportunity to make a difference in someone's life
Cons
exposure to germs, viruses and bodily fluids
Fun work place
Barista (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYSeptember 16, 2017
A typical day at work for me at Mount Saint Mary College was I come in and get a lot of things done. I am surrounded by fun and nice co workers all day. Sometimes I am moved around from building to building depending if another department needs help. I learned that team work is the key. The hardest part of the job was having to leave I wish i could go back every day.
Pros
Free food all day
Cons
Long days
work study
Library Aide (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYAugust 15, 2017
it was only a work study job so I was there temporarily. worked 20 hrs a week to help pay off my loans. enjoyed the atmosphere and the people I worked with. learned a lot about the students
Tutoring
Italian Tutor (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYAugust 8, 2017
I did not get enough support with the students I tutored. I often felt that the school did not care about the job I did, and did not advertise it well.
Great Job
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYAugust 4, 2017
Working for Mount Saint Mart College opened doors to many opportunities. It allowed me to get my foot in the door with many other departments. Positive atmosphere.
What I learned
ADVANCEMENT DATABASE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYAugust 4, 2017
Mount Saint Mary College is a non-profit. Don't expect to make a lot of money. There are also different standards for their hourly employees vs. salaried employees. Perks: time off when college is closed for holidays, free education after 1 year of employement.
Lovely place to work
Director of Public Relations and Communications (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJune 28, 2017
The campus, faculty, and students are really wonderful people to interact with on a daily basis. The school also has really great programs that are open to all.
Productive and welcoming environment
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJune 13, 2017
Normal work day with a casual work load. I've learned to work on a project with a team while building relationships with co workers. Worked well with management. There was no hard part to the job, I enjoyed being there. The enjoyable part of the job was being there.
Easy job, not a fun place to work for though
Admissions Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJune 12, 2017
Mount Saint Mary College was not the best place. Working as an admissions ambassador was super easy though especially your first year of college. I just simply kept my room clean and showed it off to tours with prospective students.
Love the lab techs!
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMay 8, 2017
I worked in the Natural Sciences department as a work-study lab assistant. Hours were extremely flexible around my classes and school breaks, and my supervisors were wonderful!
colleagues are hardworking and earnest.
Professor of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYFebruary 23, 2017
A good place to work. I worked there for 14 years. I really have nothing else to say in this review. If I didn't like it I wouldn't have stayed so long. The benefits were good also. Thank you for asking.
Professional colleagues and engaging students
Instructor of record (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJanuary 28, 2017
Mount Saint Mary College is a small, private, liberal arts college that prides itself on small classes and excellent facilities to promote active student learning.
Flexible Schedule, Great Benefits
Lab Coordinator SON (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYAugust 17, 2016
Flexible schedule
Great benefits
Cordial staff
Beautiful campus
Enjoyed working with students
Great resources available for staff and faculty
Overall great experience
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  NewuApril 12, 2016
Working at Mount Saint Mary College has given me great work experience and has prepared me in many ways for multiple job opportunities.

My work day varies and although i have different daily tasks, my job is enjoyable and has been able to teach me more than i ever thought was possible.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the real world experiences it had given me. I enjoyed the feeling of being challenged and appreciated how much i gained for my experience
Pros
opportunities, friendships, learning experience
Cons
part time, pay
fun working environment
Admissions Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMarch 1, 2016
I give tours to prospective students. The managers for admissions department at Mount Saint Mary College are very good.