Mount Saint Mary College Employee Reviews

can be a fun place to work
CHEF SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYOctober 20, 2015
Fun place to work most of the time. Most people get along and for the most part. Health care is very $$$$$. But you do what you can. The kids here are fun and funny as well as the student workers they can make or break your day.
I Love the People I Work With
Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYOctober 20, 2015
My co-corkers and my immediate supervisors are friendly, supportive and nice to work with. I have learned how to use several different computer programs and have been challenged to work above my comfort zone.
Pros
IRA Match Program, Education, Access to Gym/pool
Cons
Health Insurance Coverage
Poor upper management led to low morale
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYOctober 7, 2015
Although Mount Saint Mary College claims to be such a great college, lets ask current or past staff and faculty what they think. People have been fired or let go for no reason. These are people that cared about the college and the community. This college does not care about their staff anymore. Poor leadership led to low morale. The Dominican Sisters who founded the college would have never let this happen. The college needs to rewrite their mission statement!!
Pros
Free tuition for employees after one year
Cons
Poor leadership, low morale
Great college and people to work with.
Acquisitions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYOctober 9, 2014
Loved working in the library. Interaction with the students was always enjoyable. They always needed help with something whether it was finding a book, an Excel worksheet or a Word report. Also, working with them is a definite learning experience.

The people who I worked with in the library were exceptionally friendly people. They were willing to make you feel comfortable your first few days, instead of making you feel like a "newby". They were willing to help, not just me, but whomever enters the library.

Interacting with the students, professors, clergy, all who entered the library every day was enjoyable. Each and every one of them needed some form of help at some time or another. Or just chatting with them was enjoyable as well.

The hardest part of the job for me was resigning, as well as losing students to graduation. You become accustomed to seeing the students on a regular basis, but then all of a sudden graduation happens and you have to say goodbye to them, and wish them well for the rest of their lives. It became necessary for me to leave since my husband and I purchased a house down South, and we were going back and forth quite a bit. So, I would feel guilty every time I was gone for two weeks or more. So, I felt it necessary to leave even though it was very difficult for me. I still, however, have lunch with my previous supervisor on a regular basis.
Pros
the people
Cons
can't think of any
Good Place to expand knowledge
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  IT Support CenterJune 20, 2014
Great co-workers, a great place to learn and a great place to have a busy job that keeps you on your toes.
good experience
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJune 3, 2014
It was a Student Job on Campus, I assisted head Librarians with reorganizing book shelfs, helped patrons check in and out books, and assisted students with inquires they had about the Library.
productive
Work Study Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMay 15, 2014
this job was very rewarding and i loved coming into work each day. each day was something different, and i learned that i worked well under pressure and spontaneous situations.
great place to work
Physical Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYApril 3, 2014
fun atmosphere and always working. Great people and The Faculty are great as well as the students.
I really enjoyed working here
Academic Advisor / Coach (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYFebruary 27, 2014
I had a great experience working at Mount Saint Mary College. I learned a lot and developed my professional skills.
Excellent environment in which to work and develop co-curricular arts programming.
Director of Cultural Centre (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJune 4, 2013
As a graduate of Mt. St. Mary College, I found my work experience there to be one of the most rewarding of my professional life. Coordinating arts programming and education across multiple disciplines within the Division of Arts and Letters presented numerous opportunities to advance the educational mission of the College and support the goals of the Administration. The level of cooperation and collaboration between my office and the faculty and administration was exemplary. My colleagues were supportive of my goals and I consistently worked to ensure that our joint efforts were handled with integrity and professionalism.
Admissions Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMarch 11, 2013
It was a great experience working with the staff and everyone was very friendly.
Bad place to work
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJuly 28, 2012
Mount Saint Mary College does not follow there written grievence policies they have written in their Employee Handbook. BAD place to work. Leaders of the college are not fair and just employers. Allow mistreatment from Professors of hourly employee by behaviors such as: lying, name calling, stealing work (bullying). The Professors were never asked by the leaders of the college for documentation of their accusations made regarding the hourly employee. Not a good or caring place to work. No christian values.