Mount Sinai Health System

Mount Sinai Health System United States Employee Reviews

Doctors, nurses, and staff members are wonderful.
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 17, 2015
Pros: Doctors, nurses and associates are wonderful to work with.
Cons: Terrible corporate culture. A overbearing culture of strict discipline to the employees.
Excellent hospital for medical care.
They have outstanding doctors, nurses, and supporting staff that will provide the best medical treatments.
Great ompany
CNA / Unite Secretary (Current Employee), chiagoApril 12, 2015
...............................................................................................................................
Great Teaching Hospital
Registered Nurse Mount Sinai Hospital (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2015
Thriving work environment. Most of the staff are engaged with their work and continually striving to make the patient's experience positive. However, management was not very supportive.
Fine Place to work
Project Coordinator II (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: not much advancement within department
I believe it all depends on where you work in Mount Sinai. It is such a big Health System, someone could have a great experience and someone could have a horrible one. I would say, I have learned a lot, but advancement seems to be lacking.
relaxed and clalm workplace
Volunteer Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYApril 6, 2015
Pros: relaxed enviorment
Cons: tedious
A typical day would be going from office to office handing out mail and revising files as well as organizing them. I learned to pay close attention to detail and management was very understanding. My co-workers were easy to cooperate with. The hardest part of the job was reading over long files back to back or redo a mistake done by someone else. The most enjoyable part was the hour lunch break and free coffee
Great place to work.
Neurology Department Volunteer- File (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: non
I love working for mount sinai Hospital. Great people, team players. And love helping the patients. Keeps me busy, which is good.
Carecompanion\Sitter (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2015
Pros: no
Cons: sometimes
A typical day at work was looking after the patients giving them support making sure it's a safe Inviorment and providing supportive assistance to nurses. what Iv'e learned is how to care for a patient thats sick in bed and cant' help themselves at first i really did think i had all that caring in me. managment was on there job at all times the hardest part is when theres no more left to do for them. the most enjoyable part is when they were feeling down and giving up on themselfs I was there to make them smile sometime i gave them hope, but not often
Lovely job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
This job was amazing, great setting and many positions for growth. Independent work and great communication is needed.
Great Environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
Although I worked at this facility for a short while, I really enjoyed the environment the staff and Mount Sinai in general. Great place to work.
Productive WorkPlace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 22, 2015
A day at Mt Sinai is always busy. Many projects, tasks are delivered at least twice a week. As a financial Analyst it is always busy. Co Workers are great, i work directly with 2 additional financial analyst.
Productive work environment.
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great co -workers
Cons: very busy work flow.
A typical day included handing out schedules to patients and assisting therapists as needed.Management was very supportive and friendly. My peers were exceptionally wonderful to work with.
Productive and fun to work looking to stay with them for long term
Office Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
Excellent

Assist the Social Workers, file patient records, verify insurance coverage, and coordinate the meals-on-wheels program.
Work life
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: under valued and salary
Day to day, fast past and high volume work flow. High level trouble shooting and critical thinking is necessary to operate and execute. Co-workers across the system are all wonderful and team building is key to complete all jobs duties. The challenging part of the job would be prioritizing all task given. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the high turnaround of new projects and completing them on time.
Good customer service work
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: i have a job.
Cons: don't have any
I worked the 4pm to 12am shift at Mt. Sinai Hospital.
I found the job very rewarding everyday. I have always been a people pleaser and have carried to into my work. Throughout the years I have always gone the extra mile. If I don't have the answer to the question, I will find out the answer. One thing the evening shift operators could depend on was myself. If they did not have the answer to a caller's question, they would ask me. If they could not handle the caller, the call would be transferred to me. I guess the hardest part of the job had been for me is when a caller is irate. But throughout the years I learned how to handle the caller. And, of course, if I could not handle the call then the supervisor would take the call. The most enjoyable part of my job is to go the extra mile for the caller and hear how greatful they are.
good place to learn how to deal with diffcuty in heathcare
Perioperative Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: tuition re-imbursemnt and strong 1199
Cons: no breaks, understaffing
This system as far as my workplace in transition, a typical day at work starts off chaotically and I believe that because of the comradity of my co- workers we get the job done.
Very well run establishment
Research Assistant in Clinical Trials Unit (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: good collegeues
Cons: very long hours
I did my residency in surgery there. found to be rewarding but very
challenging work. There were calls every third day and not enough
rest
rude
RN PACU (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
good gems but mostly rude staff excellent surgeons and anesthesia staff. patient population is diverse. long hold in er and pacu.
Top medical school and hospital
Director, Strategic Projects, IT (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Over 150 years old with excellent patient care, top teams in cardiology, transplant and pediatric cares. Newly merged with other 5 NYC hospitals to form Mount Sinai Health System, the largest in NYC.
Mount Sinai
Health System Director (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: opportunities
Cons: disorganized
Good place to work. Nice people. Provides a lot of opportunity for which I have prospered.

Was given full responsability for 8 hospitals and 16 off-site location to direct opperations for 100 staff, 11 vendors and 1,300 cutomer cost centers.

Reduced spend by $2.4 million for a $20 millionn budget, without service reductions or staff turnover.
good work environment
Unit Support Associate (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not enough hours
At Beth Israel I have learned many things. Typically a day there for me is answering phones, making calls to doctors, redirecting calls. I also do chart maintenance. Meeting and greeting patients upon arrival to the unit. Management and other people at the job are very friendly and the environment is very pleasant. The hardest part of the job is that you must deal with some patients that aren't pleasant, but you get a lot more pleasant ones.

1 2 3 4 5