Mount Sinai Health System

Mount Sinai Health System Employer Reviews

A nice environment to work in
Pathology Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 4, 2014
My overall experience at Mount Sinai Hospital, It is a very relaxed but serious environment. The team is small, but fun to be around. No two days are the same.
nice an clan hospital
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: easy to get too
Cons: no break room or lockers was force to bring belongings in patients rooms
a typical work day consist of me aiding to the needs of patients an checking vitals etc. i learned a lot in my time there about the medical field an would like to continue to advance in it.the hardest part of the job was dealing with management and the most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers.
Dietetic internship
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 2, 2014
I completed a comprehensive program at this 900-bed hospital which included 6 weeks of food service, and 16 weeks of clinical rotations. My responsibilities included: performing and supervising nutrition assessments; planing and evaluating nutrition care; and developing educational materials for patients and clients.
Nice people
Volunteer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 29, 2014
I volunteered at at Mount Sinai for Occupational Therapy. I have to say I love it the people was amazing, the therapist was great. They allowed to learned alot working under them. The supervisor on the floor that I worked on liked she recommend that I try to get a job there and I did. I interviewed with several managers and even the job recruiters and – more... still a year later nothing. My only problem is that its so hard to get a job with this hospital but rather than that its a good place with good people. – less
A better place to work
Medical Records / Executive assistant (Former Employee), New YorkAugust 28, 2014
Supportive and receptive Management
Conducive environment for workers
Heavy patient traffic
employees are adequately rewarded for their work.
Great benefits
Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 17, 2014
I have little room for advancement in my current role, but I know this is not the case throughout the Health System.
Good Company/ fun and very busy
Tumor Registry Abstractor (Current Employee), Miami Beach, FLAugust 17, 2014
Pros: too far from home
Cons: flexibilitly
Mt Sinai Hospital is a very busy place to work. Patients come from all over the world. Lots of different believes and cultures. It is a fun place to work, you never know what to expect. I enjoy my co-workers they are very professional and well educated. What I enjoy the most? helping others in any way possible.
Staff is very diverse
Nurse-CCU (Former Employee), Queens, NYAugust 13, 2014
Pros: diversity
More than 90 languages are spoken by the staff. Diversity is alive well great!
fast paced and productive
director (Former Employee), ny,nyAugust 10, 2014
Clinicians are excellent and professional. Patient car is very important
Fast paced environment
Registered Staff Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 9, 2014
Great place to work. Fast paced, friendly co-workers, delightful patients and strong management teams.
Excellent place to work, with career advancement opportunities and compassion
Staff Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee), Miami Beach, FLAugust 7, 2014
A typical day at work includes providing care for two critically ill patients in the ICU and sometimes three. Level of acuity varies but usually includes one intubated patient and one post operative patient. Throughout my ten years working as a nurse, I have learned and grown immensely in how to provide the best care for my patients. I have learned – more... how to multi task, take care of a variety of ill patients from hemodynamically unstable patients, patients on CVVHD, septic shock to post neurosurgial patients. My coworkers have always been a delight to work with since we consider ourselves a team. Management is very supportive to our continued education and collaborative environment. The hardest part of the job is the physical and mental challenges we are faced with daily of our critically ill patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing great outcomes from the intensive care we provide to our patients. Seeing and receiving letters/compliments of gratitude from patients and family makes it even that much more rewarding and satisfying. – less
Had a good staff
Supervisor, Linen Services (Former Employee), New York CityAugust 5, 2014
Pros: a nother learn experience for me
Had a good support from other supervisors in order to learn a new dept.
Ok place to get a start...
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 4, 2014
Mount Sinai is a great place to get your career started, but not for advancement.
good place to work
Cancer Center, Nurse Tech (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 26, 2014
i enjoyed been hands on with patients . Drawing there blood and doing there vitals . the best part is talking to my patients and watching them get better over time .
Not a great place to work if you want to advance
Ambulatory Care Receptionist/Patient Ambassador (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 26, 2014
Pros: staff really cares about the patients and the treatment there is the best bar none.
Cons: not a great work atmosphere
Management treats you like naughty children trying to get away with something.
Summary
Assistant to Director of Talent Acquisition (Current Employee), BRonx, nyJuly 21, 2014
Pros: team
Cons: no benefits
Experienced professional with planning and organizational skills that balance work, team support and ad-hoc responsibilities in a timely and professional manner.
Fast paced environment
Business Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 18, 2014
Pros: union benefits. employee discounts. opportunity for growth. supports education
Cons: part-time (hard to get f/t hrs). awkward fitting uniforms. varied shifts.
The hospital is growing and so are the responsibilities. I've noticed that more and more patients are new to the system. Since the acuity has picked up, I've learned how to multitask and have patients. Doing too many things at one time can cause significant errors. Sure, we all have many tasks to complete and we feel overwhelmed. However, completing – more... tasks one step at a time, from most important to least important, will make the day run smoother. After all, trying to fix a mishap will only prolong the day.

Being that I was in nursing school, which is demanding, my work hours were very limited. This caused a bit of concern with management since staffing is low because of transfers and a current hiring freeze. I apologized and thanked management and colleagues for being patient and working with the demands of school, especially around finals. During my review, they acknowledged my honesty and thanked me for staying and not giving up.

Hardest part of my job was balancing maintaining my sanity between work and school. I barely had rest and cried sometimes due to exhaustion, but I kept my eyes on the prize.

The enjoyable part of my job is interacting with my colleagues and the clientele. I love meeting new people and I've been told by many that my positive attitude is uplifting and a joy to be around.

Sometime, being around the same people daily can be a little tiring. After all, we see our colleagues more than we see our family. Because of this, work does become "family" oriented. We grow close to one another and start developing bonds. I'm not saying that I'm best friends with everyone, but I do have to like a cordial relationship work environment. – less
Great!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2014
I enjoyed working and learning the ins and outs of the medical staff side of the hospital.
staff members support each other
Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
Working with the staff members who support each other make the job less stressful.
OB/GYN Dept. - Medical Assistant Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
I learned a lot in this office. It is well managed, and my role was appreciated.

1 2 3 4 5