Mount Sinai Health System

Mount Sinai Health System Employer Reviews

Top medical school and hospital
Director, Strategic Projects, IT (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Over 150 years old with excellent patient care, top teams in cardiology, transplant and pediatric cares. Newly merged with other 5 NYC hospitals to form Mount Sinai Health System, the largest in NYC.
Mount Sinai
Health System Director (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: opportunities
Cons: disorganized
Good place to work. Nice people. Provides a lot of opportunity for which I have prospered.

Was given full responsability for 8 hospitals and 16 off-site location to direct opperations for 100 staff, 11 vendors and 1,300 cutomer cost centers.

Reduced spend by $2.4 million for a $20 millionn budget, without service reductions or staff turnover.
good work environment
Unit Support Associate (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not enough hours
At Beth Israel I have learned many things. Typically a day there for me is answering phones, making calls to doctors, redirecting calls. I also do chart maintenance. Meeting and greeting patients upon arrival to the unit. Management and other people at the job are very friendly and the environment is very pleasant. The hardest part of the job is that you must deal with some patients that aren't pleasant, but you get a lot more pleasant ones.
Encouraging and uplifting atmosphere.
PCA (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2015
I have grown into the nurse that is an ideal model for the future. This is because I have learned from a few of the best. A typical day at work was filled with problem solving through a systemic approach. My co-workers were the foundation of my growth into becoming a nurse.
Very rewarding but zero advancement
Technical Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: working with sick children
Cons: inconsistent advancement
Great place to work. Awesome coworkers and great benefits. Working with hospitalized children was an awesome experience. However, job advancement was nil. Very large turnover among certain job specialties.
A very professional place to work.
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the pros are when a patient says to me that i have made them feel good and was very knowledgeable, and put them at ease.
Cons: not enough time in the day to do all my work since work alone. no incentives.
When I come in the morning I have to take the lines off service. My lines are very busy. I have patients calling with questions regarding their diagnosis and they are very anxious. I put them at ease by answering their questions and them making the appointment. I have learned to become a leader, a problem solver. Management is ok, and my co-workers are great bunch of ladies. The hardest part of my job sometimes is not having enough time with the patients on the phone sometimes. Since I work alone and have no backup my lines are constantly ringing and I may miss a call. Once I hang up I check my message and call the patient back. The most enjoyable part of my job is after a patient has come in and had surgery, they always call back and say "Denise you are so wonderful and you have made this so much easier. You and the doctor was great and I hope he appreciates you. I love helping and putting patients at ease once diagnosed with their diseases. I love to see them smile when they leave the office.
Fun helping the elderly
Administrative Coordinator/Customer Support (Former Employee), Broadview, ILFebruary 14, 2015
Took vital signs. Helped with medical procedures. Assisted patients with daily tasks including hygiene and eating. Responded to call lights. Monitored patients and reported changes including food and liquid input/output. Collected samples for testing.
Team work runs my work life
Food Preparer G (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: unlimited bottles of water
Cons: fluctuating shifts
My shift varies from day to day. Some days I work in the morning, and other days I take on the evening shift.

Since I started to work in a hospital setting, I've met a lot of interesting people. But I have also gained tons of confidence in my self and self esteem, which I believe I would not have gained anywhere else.
Okay place to work.
Insurance Verifier (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: hour long lunches.
Cons: materials needed to perform job are out dated or too limited for the number of staff members.
Employees are friendly and helpful. Work stations do not provided adequate space for writing or fill out forms; when it just enough space to accommondate a keyboard, mouse, scanner and telephone.
Great experienced
Volunteer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
acquired knowledge related to my career, learned how works in a medical office with a high volume of patients. basic knowledge in IDX Web and EPIC.
a leading and growing health organization
RN Care Coordinator of NY-RAH Initiative (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYFebruary 4, 2015
plenty of chances to develop and explore as a profession. a wonderful QAPI position.Monday to Friday 9-5 office job. Coworking with other professions for innovative ways.
Friendly place to work around
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Its a greatly place to work with serving the chicago's underserved population. My experience as research assistant working with faculty and physicians in training was very rewarding.
It was a great place to for
Medical Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free lunch from reps
Cons: short braek, and healthcare
I learned a lot from the job, great management, my co-workers were great team players, The hard part of the job was working with cancer patients.The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of the team who take good care of the cancer patients.
A job that motivates its employees with fear and stress
Manager-cash control/patient accounts (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: long work days, no compensation, poor quality of work/life
This is an environment that puts an abundance amount of stress and pressure on its limited employees to do more with less. A typical day is filled with micro managing, unrealistic projects with minimal staff. Staff members are over worked and have attendance issue which add to the stress of the departments. Upper management believes in demoralizing rather than uplifting its employees.
Great enviromental experience
Billing Coordinator Senior generalist (Current Employee), newbrunswick, njJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great locations
Cons: travel
Great location to work around, Great shopping district in New Brunswick. Management and coworkers were cultural diversified and great to work with. i would recommend employment at this company.
The best Health Care system in NYC
Application Analyst (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJJanuary 26, 2015
I enjoyed meeting hundreds of people over the years and delivering quality training to them that made their daily activities seamless..
Decent workplace
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2015
My day starts at 7 am. I answer queries by the nursing staff. My coworkers are all good to work with and helpful. I've learned better organization and time management skills. I like the flexibility of my hours.
On clinical staff there.
Clinical Assistant Professor (Former Employee), New York NYJanuary 26, 2015
Voluntary attending physician. While in private practice in Manhattan
Very pleasant
Summer Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: nice managers and co workers
Working at the library was very good experience, The staff was caring and very productive .
productive place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 20, 2015
I THINK IT A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND LEARN. DIVERSITY IN THIS COMPANY IS GREAT SO YOU FEEL LIKE YOU BELONGS TO A FAMILY.

1 2 3 4 5