Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

Appreciated the experience but I am ready to grow to the next level
Night Nurse Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mount Sinai Beth IsraelOctober 19, 2017
The night were exciting as an administrator. We were in charge of assuring that the hospital functions optimally, that patients were safe and that staff were performing at their optimum. We were the support for the staff overnight.
Pros
Autonomy, ability to be creative
Cons
Stressful work
Nice place to woek
Senior Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
Working at Mt. Sinai has taught me alot and allowed me to meet so many people. I learned and have grown so much in the past 14 years. Working in the cancer center was difficult in the beginning but it changed my values in life and showed me what is most important. It is a value that I will be able to take with me for the rest of my life.
No career advancement
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2017
Organizational system is structored for line workers. Coworkers are quick to react to the call of duty. Management is directly involved with their crew members.
Pros
Plently of over time.
Cons
Not enough career development.
lowest pay in town!
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
Good place to start if you have savings already! The begin-mid level salaries wont make your living at NYC. But it's relatively easier to find a job here.
Great
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 12, 2017
Mount Sinai Hospital is a great place to work, there is growth potential in all areas; Supervisor was very professional, and understanding, really enjoyed working there.
Working at Mount Sinai Health System
Executive Assistant - Mount Sinai Health Partners (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2017
I have worked at Mount Sinai since 2005 and it has been a wonderful experience. Everyone has been a pleasure to work with and I have made some great relationships personally and professionally.
Pros
ability to move around health system
Cons
earn more pto over time
Productive and fast work Environment
Senior Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2017
What I learned most at Mount Sinai was how I was able to efficiently multitask. Helping patients, running a staff and perform my daily duties showed me a lot about myself.
Pros
discount tickets
Cons
office was cold
Fast-paced work environment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2017
Can be stressful at times, while other times you will be very bored. You start off with 5 weeks of paid time off and the pay is fair, but management could definitely use improvement..
Excellent
Staff Nurse, Post Open Heart Surgery (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
Excellent hospital! Mount Sinai Health system is well diverse and encourages career advancements.
High degree of staff retention.
Nurses are celebrated often.
Magnet hospital.
Pros
career advancements
Cons
Colleagues are very helpful and friendly
Experienced Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
My experience at Mount Sinai was hard work. However, the friends you make and the smile on patients faces made the job well worth it for all the hard work. My patient really made it a pleasure to come to work everyday.
Pros
Hour lunch great people to work with
Cons
Micro manage no compensation for overtime
Nice Place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2017
some days are busy, some are slow, but such is the healthcare industry! I came into this field because I love taking care of people, and no matter what goes on around me that will always be my number one priority and concern.
Pros
work environment
Cons
certain areas of the hospital not eligible for 1199.
Great Place to work
Surgical Coordinator/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2017
When I worked at Mount Sinai I got the help patients from all walks of life. It was an environment where I advocated for my patients on a daily basis.
Pros
Laid Back Environment
Cons
Sometimes employees were treated unfairly.
n/a
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2017
Mount Sinai is a pleasant place to work. The working eviroment was a joy to work in. Great staff & managers. I had a great experience my 3 years there.
it is just ok
Vocational Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2017
Management is not worker friendly, but the work is rewarding. Work is done with paper and pencil. Be prepared to fall behind because of the nature of the work.
Pros
it is rewarding
Cons
paper and pencil
Poor pay
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2017
The pay is too low for the stress.I cannot afford the commute, and the cost of everything is going up, except my paycheck. I've had one 3% raise in four years, which was negated by taxes.
Busy and noisy
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Always stayed busy and worked with the sick and the elderly. management was great and always supportive. Learned patience dealing with the public. Great experience.
Pros
great work schedule
Cons
no parking
Customer Service
Executive Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2017
My workday is full but balanced. I've learned the importance of providing impeccable customer service. More specifically, exercising patience and using the most appropriate tone and verbiage to ensure overall pleasant and comfortable experience for the patient.
Great Team
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  1468 Madison AveSeptember 25, 2017
Worked with a team that had strong belief that teamwork should be the pillar of our department. While it may be stressful at times there never is a day I regret working here.
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2017
It's busy, alot of patients, and i'm the only CNA on the floor. I learned to have patience. I also learned how to deal with different patients and their religious beliefs.
Volunteer and Cancer Tumor Registrar
Cancer Tumor Registrar (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2017
As a Volunteer, I worked at different departments and I learned different skills and how to work in a fast pace environment. Every day was different.

As a Cancer Tumor Registrar, I learned how to describe and name the cancer for female and males. It is a very interesting job.
Pros
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Sinai Health System. Our community is ready to answer.