Mount Sinai Health System

Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

Medical providers are extremely caring towards their patients
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 12, 2015
Extremely fast paced and you learn something new everyday. The medical Providers are always willing to teach their staff and allow them to be more hands on with the patients. I've learned a great deal in regards to vascular disease and how it really affects the human body.
A Good Family Place
Ambulatory Care Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 12, 2015
Pros: It was a small close hospital.
Cons: It was not a full time position.
I enjoy helping patients seek the assistance they require. Whether it was translating information to giving directions when patients would end up on the wrong floors.
Good place to work in.
Technologist (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 11, 2015
Busy work day between work and learning and getting the work experience with friendly co-workers and understanding mangement.
Fast paced environment
ADULT NURSE PRACTITIONER, Cardiology (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 6, 2015
Very fast paced days, slower nights but many admissions. Most people are friendly. Attending physicians are supportive. Medical insurance from the hospital (not 1199) is terrible & overtime pay is terrible.
Excellent place to work
Audit Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 4, 2015
This is a great place to work. Plenty of room for advancement and training opportunities. To take advantage of the opportunities you must be willing to go outside of your comfort zone.
Culture Diversity
Medical Office Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 2, 2015
I did my medical internship at Mount Sinai it was a very pleasant experience because the staff was very friendly and outgoing. They always help me to stay up to date with new techniques.
asst dir
Assistant Director/Clinical Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 30, 2015
Overall, Sinai is a great work place. I have personall been with the company for a few years now and feel more than ready to move on.
Poor staffing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2015
Pros: Good benefits.
Cons: No manager currently.
Poor staffing and managers (manager just resigned). No compassion from any managers. Co-workers are hostile. Poor work environment. They don't replace people that resign so we just end up working short.
The hospital was very clean and the appearance was professional
Staff Nurse - Oncology/BMT (Former Employee), New York, New YorkApril 29, 2015
Pros: Emplyee benefits
Cons: Poor management
I enjoyed my co-workers and the balance of life. I was able to work and attent classes on the master degree level. Also, I enjoyed the flexibility
Excellent Sonographers
Sonographer (Former Employee), Chicago, IlApril 28, 2015
The best place to learn, a hospital environment, High-risk OB, level 2 ultrasound, supportive staff

Day shifts and Saturdays
No call
Wonderful facility to gain experience in all services.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 25, 2015
There is never a dull moment at Mount Sinai. I've gained a lot of experience in all service lines. Management and Co-workers are pleasant to work for and with on a daily basis.
Doctors, nurses, and staff members are wonderful.
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 17, 2015
Pros: Doctors, nurses and associates are wonderful to work with.
Cons: Terrible corporate culture. A overbearing culture of strict discipline to the employees.
Excellent hospital for medical care.
They have outstanding doctors, nurses, and supporting staff that will provide the best medical treatments.
Great ompany
CNA / Unite Secretary (Current Employee), chiagoApril 12, 2015
...............................................................................................................................
Great Teaching Hospital
Registered Nurse Mount Sinai Hospital (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2015
Thriving work environment. Most of the staff are engaged with their work and continually striving to make the patient's experience positive. However, management was not very supportive.
Fine Place to work
Project Coordinator II (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: not much advancement within department
I believe it all depends on where you work in Mount Sinai. It is such a big Health System, someone could have a great experience and someone could have a horrible one. I would say, I have learned a lot, but advancement seems to be lacking.
relaxed and clalm workplace
Volunteer Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYApril 6, 2015
Pros: relaxed enviorment
Cons: tedious
A typical day would be going from office to office handing out mail and revising files as well as organizing them. I learned to pay close attention to detail and management was very understanding. My co-workers were easy to cooperate with. The hardest part of the job was reading over long files back to back or redo a mistake done by someone else. The most enjoyable part was the hour lunch break and free coffee
Great place to work.
Neurology Department Volunteer- File (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: non
I love working for mount sinai Hospital. Great people, team players. And love helping the patients. Keeps me busy, which is good.
Carecompanion\Sitter (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2015
Pros: no
Cons: sometimes
A typical day at work was looking after the patients giving them support making sure it's a safe Inviorment and providing supportive assistance to nurses. what Iv'e learned is how to care for a patient thats sick in bed and cant' help themselves at first i really did think i had all that caring in me. managment was on there job at all times the hardest part is when theres no more left to do for them. the most enjoyable part is when they were feeling down and giving up on themselfs I was there to make them smile sometime i gave them hope, but not often
Lovely job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
This job was amazing, great setting and many positions for growth. Independent work and great communication is needed.
Great Environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
Although I worked at this facility for a short while, I really enjoyed the environment the staff and Mount Sinai in general. Great place to work.

1 2 3 4 5