Mount Sinai Health System

Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

i really enjoyed working their my co workers were the best
spd tech 2 (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2015
Pros: i received alot of trauma experience
Cons: manage was not for their employees
I loved working at mount Sinai hospital but the new management wanted all new people and did not follow proper procedures on behalf of its employees
Valuable experience working with patients in the neurology floors
Volunteer Mount Sinai Hospital (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 23, 2015
I volunteer in for 8 hours a week. The day will consist on going to every patient room, introducing myself and asking patients if there was anything I could do to help them. Furthermore, I will communicate patients and patients' families concern to the staff. In addition, I will distribute food trays and pick up the phone when needed. The co-workers were excellent. It was a good environment to work in. The most enjoyable part was to talk to the patients and make their day a little better.
Other Skills
Nursing assistant (Current Employee), Miami beachAugust 21, 2015
Computer Skills

•Windows 2000 Professional, Directory Services.
•MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
•MS Power Point, MS FrontPage, MS Exchange 5.5, Windows NT 4.0,Windows 98,Windows 2000,Windows XP
•Strong Concept and Understanding of Websites Design and Development Phase, Domain TLD and cc:TLD Management, Web Hosting and Corporate Email System.
•Internet related troubleshooting,
•Typing speed 40 wpm.
Fast paced and friendly environment
CMA/ Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 21, 2015
Fast paced and friendly environment with an opportunity to grow within theorganization using my education/skills.
Excellent to develop skills such as communicational and written ones.
a typical work day
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New york, nYAugust 18, 2015
Pros: I am currently in a union
Cons: The hospital is undergoing major changes
i have worked at Beth Israel for approximately 15 years and have seen a lot of changes. They physician that I work with is magnificent and my co-workers are like family.
you get to meet some really great people
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee), Guggaheim PavilionAugust 5, 2015
Pros: had great benefits
Cons: there is no room for growth
its kind of rough to meet so many wonderful individuals at work, but due the the circumstances its rough being around a patients that are sickly knowing there is nothing you can do to make them better at the time.
Nursing Assistant or robot, either one will do
Nursing assistant (Current Employee), Queens, NYAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Great staff, always room for overtime
Cons: No staff lounge, sometimes understaffed, one of the lowest paying hospitals
I work at Mt. Sinai for over 5years now. It's been an okay ride so far. I work the night shift. Some nights are difficult staffing wise and some are great. Management however doesn't care about the staff only about getting great scores from the patients. At night we have 1 1/2 hrs break. However the biggest issue is that there is no where to take our breaks. We have no staff lounge or even a place a rest our feet. If we do try to find a corner somewhere to try to take a rest the supervisors are on our case and says they will fire us on the spot if they see us sleeping. We're human beings and are treated like robots. It's not safe to go out in our cars at 2a.m so what are we to do. They say there's no space in the curreng building for a staff lounge. They're currently building the new extension at the back with 6 floors but I'm pretty sure there won't be any space there either. If we complain nothing is done about it. Nurses that are there for 20+ years said they had to complain for over a few years before they were even given a staff bathroom. So unless you're planning to be on your feet for your entire shift (if you decide 11p.m-7a.m is your shift) and go drive home like a zombie in the morning you shouldn't consider My Sinai for employment. Don't get me wrong, the staff are wonderful, some of the supervisors are great but we need to rest on our breaks, we're missing out on the most important hrs of sleep (12a.m-4a.m).
Great not-for-profit Level 1 Trauma Safety Net Hospital
Employment Specialist/BOC & Service Division (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Great place to get Level 1 Trauma experience
Cons: Budgets are limited
Mount Sinai is a great not-for-profit Level 1 Trauma Safety Net Hospital. A smaller Level 1 Trauma Hospital that strives really hard to provide the best healthcare services possible on a limited budget.
Growth as an RN at Mount Sinai Hospital
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2015
Pros: benefits, salary, flexible schedule, nursing commitees participation.`
I have worked as an RN for 18 years. 14 of those years have been with MSH. My exposure to the field of nursing and it's possibilities blossomed while at MSH. My participation in the Professional Practice Committee and collaborating closely with the nurse managers helped broaden my scope of nursing, patient safety, standard of practice, and professional development. I have built long lasting relationships with my co-workers over the years, and with their support improved not only as an RN but as a person. It has been a pleasure to observe improvement and growth in my patients at the end of their hospitalization. There is a great sense of accomplishment knowing you have help improve the life of not only the patients but their families as well.
Externship Experience
Externship (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 31, 2015
To have a taste of an Hands on experience at Mount Sinai Hospital was a true honor. Mount Sinai Ophthalmology dept. prepared me for my career. It gave me a little taste of what to expect in the "real world". I became productive in my communication skills. I learned how to be more attentive and proactive on everything I was doing. A Typical day was mostly calling patients to confirm appointments and filling out surgical papers to then put them into patient charts. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning. Everyday I learned something new and stored everything because I knew it would help me in the future.
Productive, interesting, goal oriented
WIC Program Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Staff was pleasant to work with daily
Cons: N/A
During my five years at Mount Sinai Hospital I was able to learn and advance my skill as a nutritionist. I enjoyed the clients/patients I worked with on a daily bases. I enjoyed being able to help them understand nutrition, their bodies, and their babies. After about four years into the job, I was able to work my way into a management position where I learned fundamentals such as budgeting, task orientation skills, and motivational tools to keep productivity rates high. Overall, I enjoyed my time with the organization and it helped me grow into the individual I am today as a student nurse and future RN.
Great working enviromment
Culinary Manager (Former Employee), 1184 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10029July 27, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Unique working environment.Very rewarding and challenging working environment. I enjoyed working with people and preparing special meals. I learned to prepare meals for people with unique dietary need. Furthermore, I have an extensive knowledge of food and nutrition.
okay
Support Associate B (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 20, 2015
very stressful
needs more managers with trainer
friendly co workers
hardest part is not having chemicals to work with
I enjoy working and making the best of having a job to take care my family
Interesting
Dietary Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Prompt Service
A good place to earn extra money. A safe and secure environment.
Provided educational classes, and very professional.
Job was detailed and fast paced, but with good personal benefits.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fifth Avenue, New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, medically and physically.
Cons: Inability to convey suggestions for change that could benefit staff.
My job entailed working with patients with neurological ailments and the physicians who serviced them. In view of the fact Mt. Sinai is a teaching hospital, I worked with medical students aspiring to become neurologists.
I learned a great deal about how to balance relationships with co-workers when my job elevated to supervisory capacity.
My position required my billing, worker's compensation, Medicare, Medicaid privately and patient insurance.
Transcribed medical records, correspondence to referring doctors, facilities, vendors and patients,
Disbursed travel money to Medicaid patients. Can elaborate more upon personal interview.
Very High Volume Work Place
Pre-Certification Counselor (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Union benefits
Cons: short breaks, no overtime
My typical day at work is to obtain chemotherapy drug authorizations, financial insurance verification for all Outpatient Cancer Center encounters for both the hospital and physician, notify patient regarding benefit responsibility, assisted patients with any state, federal and or pharmacy assistance programs to help cover treatment costs and ensured all required demographics, financial, referral/authorization, clinical and other registration data is collected, verified, inputted and communicated appropriately with patient. I have learned many medical terminologies, drug codes and different insurance policy. My management is great but I am under the Union so it’s a struggle to be in contact with my delegates for any issue and concerns. My coworkers and I are a strong team and are always willing to help one another such as covering each other’s work assignments when a coworker is on vacation or absent. The hardest part of my job is marking sure authorizations are approved before the patient’s appointment. Most insurance have turn around date for authorization approvals and this causes a delay on the patient’s treatment. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I hear a patient say thank you for my help.
Care Coordination Services
Roosevelt Hospital Social Worker (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 14, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: overload of work
Loved what I was doing but there is an overload of work which can make it stressful. Patient were considered high utilizes of hospitals and emergency department so they needed frequent care. Having a high number on the caseload without proper support made it difficult to meet patients needs. However great management and benefits
my department
Cardiothoracic Surgery Physician Assistant Sr (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 11, 2015
Pros: the people I work with
Cons: the management and salary is terrible
hopefully you get paid on time or even correctly. Our manager for CTS will miss your hours and sometimes your pay. Trying to talk to her is extremely difficult.
Excellent place to work
Histology Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 11, 2015
Mount Sinai Hospital is an excellent place to work. The staff is friendly and very professional. Everyone at Mount Sinai are hard working dedicated people.
Easy going
Counselor II (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2015
It is a nice work place environment. Have a good manager who provides good supervision. However, our unit has been recently displaced and is awaiting job assignments and/or have to look for employment.
Headquarters