Mount Sinai Health System

Mount Sinai Health System Employer Reviews

Lovely job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
This job was amazing, great setting and many positions for growth. Independent work and great communication is needed.
Great Environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
Although I worked at this facility for a short while, I really enjoyed the environment the staff and Mount Sinai in general. Great place to work.
Productive WorkPlace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 22, 2015
A day at Mt Sinai is always busy. Many projects, tasks are delivered at least twice a week. As a financial Analyst it is always busy. Co Workers are great, i work directly with 2 additional financial analyst.
Productive work environment.
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great co -workers
Cons: very busy work flow.
A typical day included handing out schedules to patients and assisting therapists as needed.Management was very supportive and friendly. My peers were exceptionally wonderful to work with.
Productive and fun to work looking to stay with them for long term
Office Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
Excellent

Assist the Social Workers, file patient records, verify insurance coverage, and coordinate the meals-on-wheels program.
Work life
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: under valued and salary
Day to day, fast past and high volume work flow. High level trouble shooting and critical thinking is necessary to operate and execute. Co-workers across the system are all wonderful and team building is key to complete all jobs duties. The challenging part of the job would be prioritizing all task given. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the high turnaround of new projects and completing them on time.
Good customer service work
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: i have a job.
Cons: don't have any
I worked the 4pm to 12am shift at Mt. Sinai Hospital.
I found the job very rewarding everyday. I have always been a people pleaser and have carried to into my work. Throughout the years I have always gone the extra mile. If I don't have the answer to the question, I will find out the answer. One thing the evening shift operators could depend on was myself. If they did not have the answer to a caller's question, they would ask me. If they could not handle the caller, the call would be transferred to me. I guess the hardest part of the job had been for me is when a caller is irate. But throughout the years I learned how to handle the caller. And, of course, if I could not handle the call then the supervisor would take the call. The most enjoyable part of my job is to go the extra mile for the caller and hear how greatful they are.
good place to learn how to deal with diffcuty in heathcare
Perioperative Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: tuition re-imbursemnt and strong 1199
Cons: no breaks, understaffing
This system as far as my workplace in transition, a typical day at work starts off chaotically and I believe that because of the comradity of my co- workers we get the job done.
Very well run establishment
Research Assistant in Clinical Trials Unit (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: good collegeues
Cons: very long hours
I did my residency in surgery there. found to be rewarding but very
challenging work. There were calls every third day and not enough
rest
rude
RN PACU (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
good gems but mostly rude staff excellent surgeons and anesthesia staff. patient population is diverse. long hold in er and pacu.
Top medical school and hospital
Director, Strategic Projects, IT (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Over 150 years old with excellent patient care, top teams in cardiology, transplant and pediatric cares. Newly merged with other 5 NYC hospitals to form Mount Sinai Health System, the largest in NYC.
Mount Sinai
Health System Director (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: opportunities
Cons: disorganized
Good place to work. Nice people. Provides a lot of opportunity for which I have prospered.

Was given full responsability for 8 hospitals and 16 off-site location to direct opperations for 100 staff, 11 vendors and 1,300 cutomer cost centers.

Reduced spend by $2.4 million for a $20 millionn budget, without service reductions or staff turnover.
good work environment
Unit Support Associate (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not enough hours
At Beth Israel I have learned many things. Typically a day there for me is answering phones, making calls to doctors, redirecting calls. I also do chart maintenance. Meeting and greeting patients upon arrival to the unit. Management and other people at the job are very friendly and the environment is very pleasant. The hardest part of the job is that you must deal with some patients that aren't pleasant, but you get a lot more pleasant ones.
Encouraging and uplifting atmosphere.
PCA (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2015
I have grown into the nurse that is an ideal model for the future. This is because I have learned from a few of the best. A typical day at work was filled with problem solving through a systemic approach. My co-workers were the foundation of my growth into becoming a nurse.
Very rewarding but zero advancement
Technical Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: working with sick children
Cons: inconsistent advancement
Great place to work. Awesome coworkers and great benefits. Working with hospitalized children was an awesome experience. However, job advancement was nil. Very large turnover among certain job specialties.
A very professional place to work.
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the pros are when a patient says to me that i have made them feel good and was very knowledgeable, and put them at ease.
Cons: not enough time in the day to do all my work since work alone. no incentives.
When I come in the morning I have to take the lines off service. My lines are very busy. I have patients calling with questions regarding their diagnosis and they are very anxious. I put them at ease by answering their questions and them making the appointment. I have learned to become a leader, a problem solver. Management is ok, and my co-workers are great bunch of ladies. The hardest part of my job sometimes is not having enough time with the patients on the phone sometimes. Since I work alone and have no backup my lines are constantly ringing and I may miss a call. Once I hang up I check my message and call the patient back. The most enjoyable part of my job is after a patient has come in and had surgery, they always call back and say "Denise you are so wonderful and you have made this so much easier. You and the doctor was great and I hope he appreciates you. I love helping and putting patients at ease once diagnosed with their diseases. I love to see them smile when they leave the office.
Fun helping the elderly
Administrative Coordinator/Customer Support (Former Employee), Broadview, ILFebruary 14, 2015
Took vital signs. Helped with medical procedures. Assisted patients with daily tasks including hygiene and eating. Responded to call lights. Monitored patients and reported changes including food and liquid input/output. Collected samples for testing.
Team work runs my work life
Food Preparer G (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: unlimited bottles of water
Cons: fluctuating shifts
My shift varies from day to day. Some days I work in the morning, and other days I take on the evening shift.

Since I started to work in a hospital setting, I've met a lot of interesting people. But I have also gained tons of confidence in my self and self esteem, which I believe I would not have gained anywhere else.
Okay place to work.
Insurance Verifier (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: hour long lunches.
Cons: materials needed to perform job are out dated or too limited for the number of staff members.
Employees are friendly and helpful. Work stations do not provided adequate space for writing or fill out forms; when it just enough space to accommondate a keyboard, mouse, scanner and telephone.
Great experienced
Volunteer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
acquired knowledge related to my career, learned how works in a medical office with a high volume of patients. basic knowledge in IDX Web and EPIC.

1 2 3 4 5