Mount Sinai Health System

Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

okay
Support Associate B (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 20, 2015
very stressful
needs more managers with trainer
friendly co workers
hardest part is not having chemicals to work with
I enjoy working and making the best of having a job to take care my family
Interesting
Dietary Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Prompt Service
A good place to earn extra money. A safe and secure environment.
Provided educational classes, and very professional.
Job was detailed and fast paced, but with good personal benefits.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fifth Avenue, New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, medically and physically.
Cons: Inability to convey suggestions for change that could benefit staff.
My job entailed working with patients with neurological ailments and the physicians who serviced them. In view of the fact Mt. Sinai is a teaching hospital, I worked with medical students aspiring to become neurologists.
I learned a great deal about how to balance relationships with co-workers when my job elevated to supervisory capacity.
My position required my billing, worker's compensation, Medicare, Medicaid privately and patient insurance.
Transcribed medical records, correspondence to referring doctors, facilities, vendors and patients,
Disbursed travel money to Medicaid patients. Can elaborate more upon personal interview.
Very High Volume Work Place
Pre-Certification Counselor (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Union benefits
Cons: short breaks, no overtime
My typical day at work is to obtain chemotherapy drug authorizations, financial insurance verification for all Outpatient Cancer Center encounters for both the hospital and physician, notify patient regarding benefit responsibility, assisted patients with any state, federal and or pharmacy assistance programs to help cover treatment costs and ensured all required demographics, financial, referral/authorization, clinical and other registration data is collected, verified, inputted and communicated appropriately with patient. I have learned many medical terminologies, drug codes and different insurance – more... policy. My management is great but I am under the Union so it’s a struggle to be in contact with my delegates for any issue and concerns. My coworkers and I are a strong team and are always willing to help one another such as covering each other’s work assignments when a coworker is on vacation or absent. The hardest part of my job is marking sure authorizations are approved before the patient’s appointment. Most insurance have turn around date for authorization approvals and this causes a delay on the patient’s treatment. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I hear a patient say thank you for my help. – less
Care Coordination Services
Roosevelt Hospital Social Worker (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 14, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: overload of work
Loved what I was doing but there is an overload of work which can make it stressful. Patient were considered high utilizes of hospitals and emergency department so they needed frequent care. Having a high number on the caseload without proper support made it difficult to meet patients needs. However great management and benefits
my department
Cardiothoracic Surgery Physician Assistant Sr (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 11, 2015
Pros: the people I work with
Cons: the management and salary is terrible
hopefully you get paid on time or even correctly. Our manager for CTS will miss your hours and sometimes your pay. Trying to talk to her is extremely difficult.
Excellent place to work
Histology Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 11, 2015
Mount Sinai Hospital is an excellent place to work. The staff is friendly and very professional. Everyone at Mount Sinai are hard working dedicated people.
Easy going
Counselor II (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2015
It is a nice work place environment. Have a good manager who provides good supervision. However, our unit has been recently displaced and is awaiting job assignments and/or have to look for employment.
innovative nuclear medicine department with wide variety of scan types.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
Great educational hospital with wide variety of scan types and innovative protocols. Good patient volume and excellent, well organized staff.
GREAT!
Administrative Financial Assistant (Former Employee), NEW YORK, NYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: GREAT ASSIGNMENT
Cons: NO CONS
WOULD RECOMMEND ANY LOOKING FOR A GREAT PLACE TO WORK WITH A LOT OF LEARNING WOULD BE MOUNT SINAI.NO MATTER WHAT DEPARTMENT YOU WORK IN I AM SURE YOU WILL FIND IT TO BE A REWARDING EXPERIENCE.
Work is easy and coworkers are fun to work with.
Patient financial rep (Current Employee), New YorkJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Pay scale
Cons: Management and no room for advancement
work load is just to much sometimes and it seems like managers take advantage of good workers while the slackers get away with murder. Poor managers with awful management skills...coworkers make it easy to tolerate the incompetence of the management staff..
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2015
work environment was very comfortable to be in, and the staff was always professional and friendly. Management was always available when needed and always had an open door policy.
Productive and very busy workplace
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 25, 2015
Productive and very busy workplace which can give a good work experience in different aspects.The challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied. I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.
Great org
Social Worker (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 23, 2015
Growing hospital with great reputation-- lots of room for growth. Expanding hospital system. Generally, a very good vibe from employees
i love to work and i am very caring with my pateints.
phlebotomy corridnator for Outreach Laboratory (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2015
Pros: blessed to have a job
Cons: to slow
My day at work is long and very slow I hardly interact with patients because I get so little. I am use to a fast paste environment which I can learn so much more . I am very flexible and I am a team player I can be available for anything .I am also a fast learner and very dedicate person
Fun work and a higher salary
Staff Nurse-SICU (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 15, 2015
Pros: having an hour break, allowed to step out of the hospital on our break
Cons: traveling to and from work
Total care of unstable critical surgical patient
Time management, leech therapy
Always concern of the employees' benefit
Well qualified staff, certified and always ready for any emergency
Frequent exposure to body fluids
Working with young energetic residents
Most Rewarding of all
Administrative Assistant/Temp (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 13, 2015
Pros: Job itself
Cons: None
This is the most rewarding job I have ever had the pleasure of doing. I worked with The Medical Monitoring Program at Mount Sinai Hospital for the World Trade First-Responders the Volunteers and Families. I spoke with people in and around the country, having had some really heartfelt conversations and triumphs. I would do this job everyday of my life I I could. The staff were wonderful to work with.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
REGIONAL MANAGER (Former Employee), MANHATTAN NYJune 13, 2015
Pros: FUN PLACE TO WORK
Cons: PARKING
ENJOYED WORKING HERE, LEARNT THE INTRICATE ART OF HOME CARE MANAGEMENT VERY SUPPORTIVE UPPER MANAGEMENT, WHO MADE SURE THAT EMPLOYEES WERE WELL EQUIPPED WITH THE EXPERTISE AND KNOWLEDGE TO PROVIDE QUALITY HOME CARE COMPLIANT WITH REGULATORY GUIDELINES AND MD ORDERS. WORKED IN AN UNION ENVIRONMENT, EFFECTIVELY MANAGED TEAM OF NURSES RESPONSIBLE TO QUALITY IMPROVEMENT. PART OF OBQI TEAM. RESPONSIBLE FOR INTERVIEWING AND HIRING OF NURSES, INVOLVED WITH DISCIPLING AS AND WHEN REQUIRED,
great benefits
Registrar Clerk (Current Employee), Astoria, NYJune 11, 2015
I have learned a lot over the last 6 years. I had the opportunity to meet some very amazing people I have worked side by side with mornings, afternoons, and evenings, but I feel it is now time for a new challenge...
good place to work if you could ge hired
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2015
Pros: they help me to gain lots of experience
I was employed thru an agency as a companion for about 2 1/2 years .the work was fine the people were friendly and I loved to work there and got most of my experience for a job at any health care facility .

1 2 3 4 5

About Mount Sinai Health System

Phishing Alert: We are aware of recent attempts by third parties, posing as representatives of Mount Sinai Health System, to obtain – Read more

Mount Sinai Health System Salaries