Mount Sinai Health System

Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

Job was detailed and fast paced, but with good personal benefits.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fifth Avenue, New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
My job entailed working with patients with neurological ailments and the physicians who serviced them. In view of the fact Mt. Sinai is a teaching hospital, I worked with medical students aspiring to become neurologists.
I learned a great deal about how to balance relationships with co-workers when my job elevated to supervisory capacity.
My position required my billing, worker's compensation, Medicare, Medicaid privately and patient insurance.
Transcribed medical records, correspondence to referring doctors, facilities, vendors and patients,
Disbursed travel money to Medicaid patients. Can elaborate more upon personal interview.
Pros
Great benefits, medically and physically.
Cons
Inability to convey suggestions for change that could benefit staff.
Professional and friendly
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New YorkJuly 19, 2016
The environment of the working place is very peaceful. I would come in the morning a little bit earlier to my starting shift to prepare what needs to be accomplish for the day. I have learned to maintain organized. The managements are excellent at listening and supporting new ideas as well as great teaching. I have a wonderful co-workers who are well to assist if needed. The hardest par of this job was the commuting. The people who I worked with were the best and enjoyable part of my job.
High level stress, very crowded with little room
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 2, 2016
This job was good to get started in the health care system, however it was very stressful being in a major city with only 20 beds in the emergency room when the average patient count was over 50. Being a clerk entailed dealing with the information of every single patient that came into the emergency room. The managers were not nice and constantly micromanaged.
Pros
Hour and a half break
Cons
High level stress
review
Client Service Representative (laboratory) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2015
mount sinai is a great place to work. management is okay. great benefits. hours vary. plenty of supportive people. professional atmosphere
Great staff, loyal and motivated
Manager, Radiology Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2015
Wonderful place to work, great Administrators and leadership. I advanced through hard work, great work relationships developed. Great benefits, Great patient care. Wonderful location.
High expectations with no direction
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 10, 2016
Human resource very helpful...disappointed with treatment from management and their lack of knowledge in patient care. Expected to help make a difference and ensure accuracy was implemented when handling specimens.Suprisingly laboratory was very unorganized...was hired under false pretenses of workflow being more frequent.Managerment was very unprofessional and were worried about inappropriate things that weren't benefitting the workplace.
Pros
Amazing Staff
Cons
Management unorganized.
productive
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 26, 2016
• Clocked in associates daily at one of the onsite facilities.
• Oversaw daily office operations for staff of 100 employees.
• Prepared and distributed payroll for staff of 100 direct reports.
• Trained new employees on warehouse rules and regulations that comply with OSHA
regulations.
• Screened applicant resumes and coordinated both phone and in-person interviews.
application monitoring
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2016
Its been a nice journey from day one when we started this project I was hired as a implementation engineer working for Centrak but was assigned to mount sinai and from there the job is been very nice working directly with the project manager here on site is been a great experience, very nice people I can not complaint at all
Pros
great managment
Cons
no over time
Nursing Extern (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2016
I start the day before: anything pending at the end of the day takes priority first thing in the morning, after daily am tasks and meeting with my supervisor. Then I follow through with the tasks needed to be done that day, as well as anything else that comes up. By the end of the day, I make up a to-do list for tomorrow, clean up my desk, and set out the pending things next to my list to tackle them first thing in the morning.
Great working environment
Senior Billing Expediter III (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
A fast pace environment, filled with family oriented coworkers and management. The hardest part of this job would be trying to fit the most patients within our doctors busy schedule, The most enjoyable part of the job is having our patients come back for a follow up with a healthy and happy dx.
Pros
Having our patients come back for a follow up with a healthy and happy dx.
Cons
Trying to fit the most patients within our doctors busy schedule
Team work was the best
Patient Care Coordinator, RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2016
typical day in the ICU was vert busy with admissions, transfers, code blue and RRT. However, the team work was awesome among the nurses. We enjoyed meals together after a hard night's work. The senior nurses were very knowledgeable and the male nurses were so helpful and professional.
Pros
Teamwork and communication
Great place to work. Child care on premeses
CLINICAL Nurse/ ASSOC. Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2015
I credit this organization for the great management experience and training which prepared me for my professional journey in the field of management.
Pros
Pleasant place to work.Great training
Cons
Poor retirement benifits.
Care Coordination Services
Roosevelt Hospital Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 14, 2015
Loved what I was doing but there is an overload of work which can make it stressful. Patient were considered high utilizes of hospitals and emergency department so they needed frequent care. Having a high number on the caseload without proper support made it difficult to meet patients needs. However great management and benefits
Pros
good benefits
Cons
overload of work
great
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJune 9, 2016
The company has tools that can better your career and computer classes. Working at the site is great.
If you are need to learn a new system or class the Hospital has a list of classes that you can choose to better your skill.
Overall this is a great enviorment to wotk and be in. The relationship between this hospital and the community is awesome.
Pros
learning
Cons
Fast pace, results driven company.
Clinical Registry Manager/Lead Heart Valve CRC (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 10, 2016
The focus at Mount Sinai is patient based. My department performs ground breaking work in the area of structural heart disease. Great company to work for with leader and team members that accumulate decades of experience.
Great place to work, professional staff
General Surgery Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2016
typical day involves managing gen. surgery floor patient, see gen. surgery consults or cover plastic surgery services. learned to manage and treat surgery/plastic surgery patients. co-workers are helpful and work as a team. hardest part is 13 hour shifts. great team and professional management.
Pros
great team and professional management
Cons
long shifts
Poor management skills by reporting manager
Contract - Wayne Perry & Associates (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2016
Very tense and I was told from the outset that this was only a contract job and that they were not hiring permanently for my position because it was special project with and date.
Pros
I got to leave at the end of day.
Cons
Outside consultant managed the office.
Exciting atmosphere and educational.
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60608June 25, 2016
The addition of residents allowed me to learn also what they were learning. The open employees and doctors allowed me to apply information I may have absorbed with other specialties in surgery.
The collaboration was rewarding and inspiring.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
I wanted more
Good work environment with some disadvantages.
Full Time Vascular Ultrasound Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 16, 2016
The way the vascular lab is run is efficient aside from the way the patient is brought to the waiting area to be received by us. This was partly due to us being a new facility and we had kinks to work out and i feel like after a few months of sluggish progress there has been a great improvement in the way things were run.
Pros
Great environment of people with good energy.
Cons
Communication with management.
Very High Volume Work Place
Pre-Certification Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
My typical day at work is to obtain chemotherapy drug authorizations, financial insurance verification for all Outpatient Cancer Center encounters for both the hospital and physician, notify patient regarding benefit responsibility, assisted patients with any state, federal and or pharmacy assistance programs to help cover treatment costs and ensured all required demographics, financial, referral/authorization, clinical and other registration data is collected, verified, inputted and communicated appropriately with patient. I have learned many medical terminologies, drug codes and different insurance policy. My management is great but I am under the Union so it’s a struggle to be in contact with my delegates for any issue and concerns. My coworkers and I are a strong team and are always willing to help one another such as covering each other’s work assignments when a coworker is on vacation or absent. The hardest part of my job is marking sure authorizations are approved before the patient’s appointment. Most insurance have turn around date for authorization approvals and this causes a delay on the patient’s treatment. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I hear a patient say thank you for my help.
Pros
Union benefits
Cons
short breaks, no overtime

Mount Sinai Health System Reviews by Location