Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

As a Student Intern
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Great place to learn! Excellent and experienced staff to emulate!

The individualized units within the rehab are amazing! Clinicians are encouraged to be thorough and creative within each unit. There is helpful access to academic resources and medical staff.
Full-Time, Epic Ambulatory Team Lead / Assistant Manager
Ambulatory Support & Optimization Analyst III (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2017
The pay and benefits were fair and industry standard (maybe a little on the generous side, but just some). Coworkers are relaxed and fairly good at their jobs. Managers are attentive and amicable. The office facilities were pretty much a bad joke. The IT team as a whole had just bought a new sky-scraper to move into, but I left before the move occurred. My huge negative was the commute every day from rural central Pennsylvania to 88th St. & 12 Ave. Manhattan NYC and back again. My manager did account for this long commute, however, and worked with me when I was running a bit behind or needed a vacation. Overall, the work was consistent, the people decent (mostly), my benefits (as part-time, temp, consultant) were non-existent, my pay was okay, but overwhelmingly, the experience as a team manager was priceless.
Pros
team manager experience
Cons
bad offices
Welll diversify nursing and medical staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
A Multi diverse working environment with top caliber physician and nursing personnel. A very nice facility located in midtown west of New York City .
autonomy
Assistant Director of Nursing ( Night/ Evening ) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
AVP offered tremendous support. Great working relationship established with other Nurse Leaders. Great team to work with for the evening/ night staff.
easy
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2017
mount Sinai is good place to work depending on your role in this company. the benefits are really helpful career advancement needs to be stressed more
Best workplace
Interpreter / Translator / Researched (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2017
I couldn't say enough about working at Mount Sinai. If NYC wasn't so expensive, I would go back in a heartbeat! The benefits are excellent, the perks, the people, the environment! LOVE IT.
Fun place to work with great benefits
Patient Care (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
Generally great place with ambitious coworkers in a fast paced environment. Benefits are great but could better compensated. Not too much room for career advancement though.
Pros
Great vacation time, paid time off, flexibility in working hours
Cons
pay could be better, no room for career enhancement
Don't even think about joining this department!
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
If you're looking to work as a CDIS in population health, RUN! Management is awful and if you complain it's retaliation time! If there was a zero star for management , that's what I would choose. It saddens me to say this because I really wanted to make Mount Sinai my last workplace. Most of the employees here are looking for other opportunities outside of the hospital as we speak and you will too!
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement, petty issues, no leadership
Extremely busy
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Oncology unit is a nice place to work, Great managment. Work culture is a team environment. Hardest part of job is keeping up with the fast pace. Mt. sinai offers good meals that reasonaby priced.
If you about making something of yourself this is the place for you
Dietary Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2017
I was in the kitchen so somethings was not easy. Co-workers made it hard at time but if you did your job time went by fast. The pay is worth working here and so are the benefits.
Pros
Daily lunch money, starting pay was awesome, get a chance to learn
Cons
People will stop your growth that includes your superiors, watch out for the nurses some are cool but others do lies that can cause you your job, I feel as if your coming from the bottom they treat you like such
Nice
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Nice place to work. Flexibility, able to work part time. Good people, insurance was good. Deal with a variety of people. Offered union and union benefit.
Telephone Operator
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2017
Not exactly what I expected from a hospital telecommunication department. Needs more diversity of people of different walks of life. Make sure you clearly understand what you are signing up for during interview. Things change at a drop of a dime. The majority of people there are hired because they know someone in the company. Lack of professionalism within the staff especially during manager-less hours.
Pros
Great benefits (1199)
Cons
Mislead about schedule
Not so bad.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 30, 2017
This was very different. I learned a lot from this job. I wish they paid better, but great opportunity, and grateful. The benefits weren't the best. New york could do better.
Pros
Cultural
Cons
short breaks
An experience
Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 29, 2017
I learned a lot while I was working at Mount Sinai, and I am very grateful for that, but my job and my time were not paid as it should be. It is a great hospital and the environment was spectacular
Great Co-Workers
Lead Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2017
The one thing about this place is that i met a lot of new people who started out as co-workers and became friends. While the pay is good, management does not back you up and neither does the union.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not having proper management
Great.
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2017
Typical day assigned a spreadsheet and work as many verfications as possible. I learned how to navigate through the system very quickly and complete tasks fast. Management is great with assisting staff with learning material and develop skills to complete work. Workplace culture is very diverse and welcoming. The most challenging part of our job is being on hold on the phone with providers to obtain insurance benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the friendly staff.
Fun place to work
Epic HIM Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2017
I did not stay long enough to write a meaningful review of Mt. Sinai, but for the few months i worked at the company, i had a great learning experience,
ghf
Physician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2017
This review is strictly for the parking end of the hospital. I gave the hospital three stars because the actual services are great but if you drive down for appointments not knowing about the parking situation, it can cost you a lot.
Pros
great salary
Cons
bad salary
Not a positive environment
Financial Rep/Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2017
Management is horrible!
Ever since mt.Sinai took over beth israel its been a nghtmare..If you get hired there you wont last more than 6 months because of poor moral!
A fund and productive working envirnoment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
A typical day at work for me is interacting with my patients, make sure i cover my goals for that day. and my goal is to get my work done in a timely manner, i love to learn new things, the hardest part of my job is when i am working alone and have to cover when my other co-workers are out. It is normally challenging for me. doing front desk, patients and charts for surgery in one day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Sinai Health System. Our community is ready to answer.