Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

Sinai worker
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2016
I love the fact than i would be able to move up working in the hospital. But my desire is not to be at a hospital. I want to work for a company. I want to have a desk and bosses that can help me move up in the company.
Exciting atmosphere and educational.
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60608June 25, 2016
The addition of residents allowed me to learn also what they were learning. The open employees and doctors allowed me to apply information I may have absorbed with other specialties in surgery.
The collaboration was rewarding and inspiring.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
I wanted more
productive
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2016
I was happy to find very many professional doctors and staff at this particular hospital and enjoyed working with all doctors, PAs, NPs, students, technicians, etc.
A productive environment where healing people counts
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 22, 2016
We make everyday count as the objective of the organization is to heal and save life, therefore everyday is always busy making sure we get patients medication to the floors on time for nurses to administer. On daily basis we must be proactive and report every issues arising to the managers to be address in a timely manners. most coworkers are team players and fun to work with. i enjoyed every bit of the job because at first, it was a new experience for me and challenging and i love challenges. learning new medication everyday.
Cons
lifting heavy bags
Nursing Extern (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2016
I start the day before: anything pending at the end of the day takes priority first thing in the morning, after daily am tasks and meeting with my supervisor. Then I follow through with the tasks needed to be done that day, as well as anything else that comes up. By the end of the day, I make up a to-do list for tomorrow, clean up my desk, and set out the pending things next to my list to tackle them first thing in the morning.
Being able to help others and enjoying the people you work with.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2016
Very busy
How to work more efficiently
Currently don't have a Practice Manager
We work well together
Not enough manpower
Knowing that I am helping another human being
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Not enough manpower
Love my job
Scheduling Coordinator LV II (Current Employee) –  PediatricsJune 10, 2016
I love working in the medical field . Everyday is a new experience for me and my coworkers. We all learn what are the dr's needs and wants. I assists about 15 doctors
great
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJune 9, 2016
The company has tools that can better your career and computer classes. Working at the site is great.
If you are need to learn a new system or class the Hospital has a list of classes that you can choose to better your skill.
Overall this is a great enviorment to wotk and be in. The relationship between this hospital and the community is awesome.
Pros
learning
Ok place to work at
Resident Physician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2016
Lot of hours +80 a week. Tough atmosphere to work but great learning potential especially in surgery ward/ intensive care unit.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2016
Productive and Spiritual place for employees that generally love to take care of patients. It's a lot of times that the hospital Sacrifices their life to care of the citizens to make them well. Also, they are willing to take in patients that doesn't have insurance and take in for wellness.
Very positive and things only getting better
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2016
Rewarding role in high pressure psych dept. More emphasis is now being placed on training within the SW dept and this is very positive. Supervision however is not sufficiently rigorous from skills-building clinical perspective.
Great working environment
Senior Billing Expediter III (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
A fast pace environment, filled with family oriented coworkers and management. The hardest part of this job would be trying to fit the most patients within our doctors busy schedule, The most enjoyable part of the job is having our patients come back for a follow up with a healthy and happy dx.
Pros
Having our patients come back for a follow up with a healthy and happy dx.
Cons
Trying to fit the most patients within our doctors busy schedule
productive
Administrative Secretary II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2016
fast paced working environment.
hard to advance.
Good benefits.
management depends on department.
Reimbursement for school.
I love my patients
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2016
The best part of my job is seeing my patients. I love to make all my patients for comfortable about getting their blood drawn
High expectations with no direction
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 10, 2016
Human resource very helpful...disappointed with treatment from management and their lack of knowledge in patient care. Expected to help make a difference and ensure accuracy was implemented when handling specimens.Suprisingly laboratory was very unorganized...was hired under false pretenses of workflow being more frequent.Managerment was very unprofessional and were worried about inappropriate things that weren't benefitting the workplace.
Pros
Amazing Staff
Cons
Management unorganized.
A Hospital in Harlem
Medical Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2016
I was here as a temp. I would have learned more had I been here longer. I worked here on a temp assignment. I liked the people I worked with> The manager was new and overwhelmed so things didn't run smoothly in the department.
great place to work
Psychiatric Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2016
Great environment with great co-worker. Steady work hours. Great security staff to keep hospital safe. Flexible scheulde and also sick/vacation days
Place is old and not clean
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2016
They had terrible ventilation and people are really unhappy there. I have a fun personality, but I guess you can't be happy in a hospital. They are cheap don't expect any extras. The worse thing about that place is the staff bathrooms old and dirty.
Pros
You can drive to work
Cons
Dirty old place
fun, productive
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2016
come in, sign in. receive a pager (company pagers) then go pick up patient and take them either to the ER, CT, another room, or the exit,
Pros
time goes fast
Cons
work environment was horrible
My first full time job as a PTA
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLApril 27, 2016
This was one of those jobs I took just to get the experience after I past my boards. I hated my job and I never felt like I fit. My PT made me feel like he was unapproachable. I never ate lunch in the PT department I would eat in the nursing lounge. A typical work day for me would be to come into work in the morning to get my assignment and worked until I finished.